PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] Soullight System & Requirements

-FN-
23-12-04, 01:47
Since KK didn't seem to take note to The Bounty System (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=118271) what about another Soullight System idea...

Put a Soullight Restriction on high-end weapons and/or armor. Let's say to use your Wyatt Earp you need at least 10 Soullight. To use a Liberator you'll need 20. To use a Slasher or an Executioner, you'll need upwards of 50 Soullight. If you want to be using TL 90 Powerarmor, you'll need at least 10 SL, to use TL 100 you'll need 20 SL, to use 115 you'll need 30 SL. Something along those lines.

So those who want to PK allies and lose soullight can, they just must do so with non-rare weapons and can't be wearing the highest TL armor.

Thoughts?

Morganth
23-12-04, 02:03
I don;t like this idea at all. It basically removes the possibility for a KoS vs an allied clan to be completed, and also fucks up anyone who is a Merc. Perhaps make it so that something like a Slasher needs either 50 SL or -50 SL to use. That way they can still use it, but at the price of dropping it in the belt.

Dr Strange
23-12-04, 03:58
I like this idea.

it possibly fixes soul light and the whole KoS thing. While KoS works for anti city vs pro city, KoS is flawed when it comes to allies. I will defend myself aganist an Ally if nesscary, but i won't go out of my way to KoS the split second i see them onscreen, this making fucknut's idea sound in theory.

LiL T
23-12-04, 04:09
god no plz O_o think about will you I have 50 SL how ever SL accidents happen all the time takes just one hit and they die and you go neg SL.

Babai
24-12-04, 18:46
I wonder whats wrong with the bounty system that KK did not even comment on it.

Xeno LARD
24-12-04, 19:35
Not a fan of that idea, sorry :(.

Yelly
24-12-04, 19:53
Not a bad idea at all in my opinion.
If you got an "accident" it is easy to raise SL
And this way all those pkers can burn in hell :)
But I bet all pkers will say no to this system
as most of them will live down in aggiecellars every 10 minutes

MkVenner
24-12-04, 19:58
well i get attacked maybe one time in ten by a red faction, ive lost count of the amount of Next, FA, Crahn, Dre etc that have attacked me. And no sodding way am i just gunna roll over a die and not protect myself just for some SL....and then i wouldnt be able to defend myself again without having to do a load of missions? nah...i see where you're coming from but nah, bounty system was better, but like you said KK didnt comment, but do you think they'll comment on this?

-FN-
24-12-04, 20:59
I wonder whats wrong with the bounty system that KK did not even comment on it.

My guess is that they're general perception of things right now is "Good idea, but unfortunately we have about two people who actually work on this game and we're too poor to hire another coder/refuse to hire another coder/other reason here, so there's not enough manpower".

Nidhogg
24-12-04, 22:26
Actually, it's as simple as "there's over 47 thousand threads on the forums and we've got a game to develop".

N

Jesterthegreat
24-12-04, 22:30
see sig...

-FN-
24-12-04, 23:17
Actually, it's as simple as "there's over 47 thousand threads on the forums and we've got a game to develop".

N

What ever happened to the ideal that rated threads would be brought to the attention of the developers and whatnot? Right in the Brainport it says to rate so that the highest rated stick out. I realize that no dev could read all these threads or would even care to, but there is a rating system for a reason. At least that's how the forums used to be treated in respect to ideas and rating *shrug* Do these [BRAINPORT] threads need to be moved to the Brainport for Devs to possibly read them? The Mods used to let these threads stick in the Community Forum for a few days then moved them.