PDA

View Full Version : Solution for CM's?

LiL T
22-12-04, 23:33
Heh this idea was inspired by lexx's thread in blackmarket

What if clans could buy a CM runners services by that I mean they pay the CM runner to join into there clan. They would still be a CM runner but they would now have that clans enemys red too them and be able to kill them without SL loss.

Just a thought and I can't see how this could be exploited the CM would get his pay and then join that clan for an agreed ammount of time :)

kevz
22-12-04, 23:41
yeah that will work, thats what the city mercs basicly are...lol

Lexxuk
22-12-04, 23:44
no one offered an SA for my services :(

Thinking logically, nope, hard to find anything wrong with this, being able to change your faction as your services have been bought by a clan in that faction, and afterwards your booted back into CM. Hmm, kewl idea.

LiL T
22-12-04, 23:46
well you know its up to the CM's them selfs what they want to do as a merc, atm though they only got TG's to fight they lose SL for killing anyone else.

/edit not sure if TG clans would be able to do this but I can't see why not

Obsidian X
23-12-04, 00:11
well you know its up to the CM's them selfs what they want to do as a merc, atm though they only got TG's to fight they lose SL for killing anyone else.

/edit not sure if TG clans would be able to do this but I can't see why not

I totally agree, the Mercs do seem kinda pointless atm due to the SL penalty attached to killing anyone but TG. Another idea would be for maybe a clan to put out a contract on a runner, and give this contract to a specific CM runner/clan. With this contract in effect, the CMs that have been given the contract could kill the runner without penalty. Only problem is of course, like anything else, the potential to exploit. The Mercs need some kind of direction though.

LiL T
23-12-04, 00:20
I totally agree, the Mercs do seem kinda pointless atm due to the SL penalty attached to killing anyone but TG. Another idea would be for maybe a clan to put out a contract on a runner, and give this contract to a specific CM runner/clan. With this contract in effect, the CMs that have been given the contract could kill the runner without penalty. Only problem is of course, like anything else, the potential to exploit. The Mercs need some kind of direction though.

That is the problem its not potential to exploit it is the sort of exploit that people would use you could have a CM runner lets say a pistol spy. All you would need then is an alt with a one man clan then you could grief as many people as you like CM faction would become the arsehole faction

Nvidia
23-12-04, 00:33
Delete the City Merc faction please, or make it so you don't lose SL for killing them.

I lost 120 SL yesterday on CMs because they wouldn't leave me alone when I tried to PvP against RED FACTION PEOPLE. The whole fucking SL system is a bunch of bullshit.

Mr_Snow
23-12-04, 00:36
Delete the City Merc faction please, or make it so you don't lose SL for killing them.

I lost 120 SL yesterday on CMs because they wouldn't leave me alone when I tried to PvP against RED FACTION PEOPLE. The whole fucking SL system is a bunch of bullshit.

Lemme guess you were pking at the MB and the CMs didnt like it?

Lil Ts idea is pretty cool and its the only real way of fixing the CM faction until clan wars are introduced, if they ever are.

LiL T
23-12-04, 03:50

lol

well like Mr_snow said CM's don't like people killing noobs at MB however I like pking at MB every now again so I'm TG and I can kill them :)

Nvidia
23-12-04, 03:54
lol

well like Mr_snow said CM's don't like people killing noobs at MB however I like pking at MB every now again so I'm TG and I can kill them :)

It doesn't matter if I try to kill a noob or a capped tank. Every fucking time I drop someone there, I get a continuous supply of mercs on me until I either GR or die. The SL and Clan Wars system needs a COMPLETE REBUILD.

Yet another one of those, "KK, how many years are you going to let this go?" situations, of course. :rolleyes:

LiL T
23-12-04, 04:04
It has allready been said theres thoughts and ideas been tossed about on a SL theme week

Nvidia
23-12-04, 04:07
They've talked about TONS of things... but we still have TONS of unresolved problems.

I remember Snowcrash saying that the Outpost and Clan Wars System would get a complete overhaul, or something along those lines when DoY was released... where are those things?

Bozz-Von Mel
23-12-04, 05:40
Heh this idea was inspired by lexx's thread in blackmarket

What if clans could buy a CM runners services by that I mean they pay the CM runner to join into there clan. They would still be a CM runner but they would now have that clans enemys red too them and be able to kill them without SL loss.

Just a thought and I can't see how this could be exploited the CM would get his pay and then join that clan for an agreed ammount of time

MY POSITIVE SIDE: That is the best CM solution I have heard in the last 2 years.

MY NEGATIVE SIDE: It will never be implemented nor anything like it. I was going to go into a rant, but f**k it.

LiL T
23-12-04, 11:56
well your prolly right it will never get put in but if you like the idea remember to rate the thread

Xer
23-12-04, 12:45
I do agree it sounds like a good idea, hard to implement though. Plus you would get a flood of CM then :) It's hard to make things specific to a certain faction like that because then the others feel left out.
I'm a CM and i do feel they have been slightly neglected, everyone elses Faction HQ's have safe zones (except us) as far as i know, and the lack of anyone to fight but TG is just rediculous. the CMs need sorting out, whether thats changing their natural faction enemy or something to do with the SL lost or even the idea mentioned here, SOMETHING has to be done.

ROZZER187
23-12-04, 12:57

lol i got minus sl too thx to city mer.... i mean carebears, something needs to be done about this faction, the clan im in is at war with a certain merc clan, they declared it on us and all we can do is kill em then whore missions,

i think when clan wars are declared if both clans agree to the war they should be red to each other.

if this was implemented i know more allied killing, but thats why i said if both clans agree to the war, that way mercs could declare war on other clans.

and we could declare war on mercs ;p

berty
23-12-04, 14:03
It currently feals the the incllusion of the CM in NC 2 was an afterthought by KK, being neither "trully neutral" or "slightly allied" but "guns for hire" but unhirable because of the piss-poor SL system.

They really need to be integrated into one of the cities (or both?) and allowed to allie with either side (Maybe even using the CMs as a stepping stone to changing City allegances - (have to become DOY CM before you become Rezzas CMs then onto the city or vice versa).

Or even make them completely neutral with no SL loss to either side, you can kill a CM or a CM kills you - if you have a Faction bounty on your head (set by the Faction Councill/City Job dealer(if they still exist?????)) then the CM gets that money - no one else can claim the bounty if they kill you - another incentive to become a CM.

The MB should be turned over to the mutants and Robots and a new mob installed in there, there are so many rooms underneath MB that are underutelised that could be used as leveling areas -again it seems that KK got half way through the MB but thought "well finish it next week".

Clan wars and Outposts should be the next big theme week.

my usual humble deranged thoughts ;)