PDA

View Full Version : Checking in again

VetteroX
22-12-04, 15:03
A few questions...

Kinda miss NC but, from what Im reading on the forums the population is still horribly low, which is why I left in the first place...

Is there any indication of the population on TERRA not the german servers or new asian servers, because I couldnt care less, but TERRA going up a lot in the near future?

I guess my account is still paid for because I am still able to post... is there any deadline for transfering my NC1 chars to NC2? And I have 10 chars on 2 accounts from pluto and saturn... how many can I bring over to Terra IF the pop ever gets decent?

Please some realists, not fanboys tell me, is there any hope for an NC with a good pop (highs of 800+, lows of 300+) on Terra, is is NC never going to be sold/advertised in the USA?

sultana
22-12-04, 15:11
There's no deadline on character transfers atm. Population may get higher with the boxed release, but that still depends on how they do it. Atm populations are still a little low, but it can be fun still.

Kozmos
22-12-04, 15:42
A few questions...

Kinda miss NC but, from what Im reading on the forums the population is still horribly low, which is why I left in the first place...

Is there any indication of the population on TERRA not the german servers or new asian servers, because I couldnt care less, but TERRA going up a lot in the near future?

I guess my account is still paid for because I am still able to post... is there any deadline for transfering my NC1 chars to NC2? And I have 10 chars on 2 accounts from pluto and saturn... how many can I bring over to Terra IF the pop ever gets decent?

Please some realists, not fanboys tell me, is there any hope for an NC with a good pop (highs of 800+, lows of 300+) on Terra, is is NC never going to be sold/advertised in the USA?

They havent announced any kind of publisher for the US yet, just atari for Europe, atm the pops ive seen peak at around 450 on some occasions, and go down to ~150, im in europe but i mostly play in the evenings and late nights.
With the European release it will bring in more people, the problem is getting them to stay and play...

GIJ0e
22-12-04, 17:11
with eq2 out? and wow round the corner?

good luck on that retail release :p

Spoon
22-12-04, 17:23
The only time I see decent populations on Terra is on the weekends....

During the week it's fairly low, I live in the Eastern time zone and work evenings/nights, I rarely see over 150 people on Terra at the times I play....

And if your still paying for 2 accounts, you could have up to 8 characters on Terra...

jernau
22-12-04, 18:02
Population is poor during European peak times (evenings) and awful during US peak times. You'll be lucky to see >200 in the US if you have a job except at weekends.

Will it go up? - Hard to say but personally I doubt it. It may get a boost from the official UK and US releases but IMO there are too many serious problems with the game to retain serious MMO players and the game has become extremely newbie-hostile so most casuals won't last a week.

You can have 4 chars per account on Terra but if you have others you can bring them over, drop off their items then transfer another to that slot if you want so it's best to bring the ones you don't want over first.

Major Havoc
22-12-04, 18:12
I'm based in the UK; of an evening Terra's population is anything between 200-300 - weekends seem quieter than mid week.

I reckon 40% of the Saturn clan I was in have quit for WoW or some other MMORPG, whilst 10% have simply quit - but 50% of us have stayed and still enjoy NC ;)

But if it's a bigger Terra population you are awaiting, I guess you'll have to wait a while longer...

Riddle
22-12-04, 18:23
the game has become extremely newbie-hostile so most casuals won't last a week.

True.true :(

Unfortunately noobs don't get the help or support from the community at large that they need.

We all forget how steep the learning curve was and how difficult it can seem in the beginning,

Unless you were born in neocron like some of you 1337 types im not pwned like you n008 Blam blam will do nothing for the casual gamer.

Lexxuk
22-12-04, 18:34
Hiya Vett! Old buddy old pal!! :p

I dunno, with the removal of safe zones, if you wanna go gank anyone anywhere you can do, even allies in Plaza 1, which I know will appeal to you, but some stuff like that does need to be looked into. You could come back, try it out, get your chars ready though, you'll need ur PSI stuff, and epic stuff etc.. etc.. or you can just wait to see how things pan out.

Capt. Rik
22-12-04, 19:51
Just to add, if you transfer over your chars, they will have all their F3 and F4 items they are currently using and all 10 items in their quickbelt. The exception is that all epics have been totally wiped as have all vehicle/apt keys.

I've seen Terra go up to about 400 people recently but to be fair that's a nice ammount for the server.

retr0n
22-12-04, 19:53
I've seen terra on 29% tops.... Does that mean 290 people or 580 ?
Some say it's %age of 1000 and other of 2000... =/

Capt. Rik
22-12-04, 19:55
I've seen terra on 29% tops.... Does that mean 290 people or 580 ?
Some say it's %age of 1000 and other of 2000... =/

In beta it was based on the max being 1000 people. Rumours suggest they raised the limit but nobody has ever confirmed

jernau
22-12-04, 20:19
I'm pretty sure it's still based on a cap of 1000.

If anything I'd expect that to have been dropped to "massage the numbers" but I don't think it has.

/edit :

The exception is that all epics have been totally wiped as have all vehicle/apt keys.
and the rest... :mad:

applejuice
22-12-04, 20:33
Dunno about the serverpops vetterox, im curious also, not solely about the population but about the new atmosphere in general :)

Thing i believe tough is that there isnt 1 person with youre attitude on terra so i suggest try it out hehe, can you imagine the no-safezone thingie, i know i cant :)

Have fun,

original monk, in christmasspirit :)

edit: 1time post on this alt btw

Dribble Joy
22-12-04, 20:37
Stealth, para and ppus still ruin PvP, so no change there then.
Spirit mods are gone though (yay).

I've seen terra go above 40%, rare, but it does happen.
I personally find the numbers to be ok at most times, not too crowded and not to vacant.

I think the server wipe was needed, if only for database issue. It's not like I didn't loose anything (such as my beloved kami).

LiL T
22-12-04, 22:24
Pop is low can't say it isn't :( but ingame it depends where you go for PvP CRP is allways busy so is MB then theres pepper park ummm KK really made city raids next to impossible. Unless you have 20 + players with PPU's you won't just be able to wonder into the enemy city and pk people, cos them copbots and faction gaurds got parra now :rolleyes:

I think the population will rise but I don't know how well depends how the game is released in the UK and the rest of europe

IceStorm
22-12-04, 22:40
Please some realists, not fanboys tell me, is there any hope for an NC with a good pop (highs of 800+, lows of 300+) on Terra,Won't happen. Definitely not on the database schema they're using. 100 people and the syncs to/from dungeons are horrendous.
is is NC never going to be sold/advertised in the USA?Doesn't matter. Half of Terra is LE. You'd hate it. Go back to PS.

LiL T
22-12-04, 23:03
Won't happen. Definitely not on the database schema they're using. 100 people and the syncs to/from dungeons are horrendous.Doesn't matter. Half of Terra is LE. You'd hate it. Go back to PS.

stop talking crap

Befor the recent patch the game was very stable and they allready have another patch out to address the fatals

IceStorm
22-12-04, 23:13
stop talking crapHave you been doing aggie missions for the past two weeks? I have.

Have you been trying to use HN as a transit network for the past two weeks? I have.

Have you been trying to spawn and use vehicles from Battle Dome's ASG? I have.

syncing to/from dungeons and zoning in HackNet require me to relog at least 80% of the time. This is across two different DSL lines (Speakeasy, Verizon) with a ~100 ms ping during low playercount periods and moderate playercount periods.
they allready have another patch out to address the fatalsI didn't say anything about fatals. I'm not fataling (well, no more than usual), I'm syncing out to the login screen. And what would it matter? I'm not using a POS GF3 or GF4.

VetteroX
22-12-04, 23:58
Well, that sucks, doesnt look too good. I still tink NC is the best concept for any mmo ever, meaning the fps style/skill needed + skill in building a char with no hunting for super hard to get items all day. Its just run very poorly unfortunetly.

With the poor operation and WoWand EQ2 out, looks like a good pop is near impossible, but ill keep checking back. Ben playing daoc, HL2 and CS scource since quitting nc, lplus working 40-50 hours a week, so I guess I'll have to continue that. Thanks for the info.

BTW, isnt Atari based in America? I know it started here. Why cant it publish for US and europe? and am I crazy or does KK not want to release in the usa? whats taking so long IF they do?

jernau
23-12-04, 00:04
BTW, isnt Atari based in America? I know it started here. Why cant it publish for US and europe?
It's French now. The original Atari basically died and the brand name was bought by Infogrames a few years ago.

As far as NC is concerned Atari is a great partner - they play well above KK's league so it is one of the few things I see as promising atm.

I don't know about the US but I'm sure if the EU/Atari deal works out US firms will be more keen to deal with KK. Of course the biggest weakness there is the game itself :(.

Zheo
23-12-04, 00:24
There's no deadline on character transfers atm. Population may get higher with the boxed release, but that still depends on how they do it. Atm populations are still a little low, but it can be fun still.

i dont think it's been replieased in usa or uk yet thus theres not alot of new ppl joining cos no one knows it exisists... at least thats my theory...

.Cyl0n
23-12-04, 03:07
wow..

Darkener
23-12-04, 03:40
Have you been doing aggie missions for the past two weeks? I have.

Have you been trying to use HN as a transit network for the past two weeks? I have.

Have you been trying to spawn and use vehicles from Battle Dome's ASG? I have.

syncing to/from dungeons and zoning in HackNet require me to relog at least 80% of the time. This is across two different DSL lines (Speakeasy, Verizon) with a ~100 ms ping during low playercount periods and moderate playercount periods.I didn't say anything about fatals. I'm not fataling (well, no more than usual), I'm syncing out to the login screen. And what would it matter? I'm not using a POS GF3 or GF4.

Lol problem is you man i have never experienced problems like that. I get long syncs after maybe playing for like 2-3 hours with out a relog or if i alt-tab alot ( fucking radeon) .

40$Poser
23-12-04, 04:57
I'll admit neocron is a great game in concept it's just a tragedy that the future seems bleak right now when it comes to population status and the near future.

Dr Strange
23-12-04, 05:06

Terra reaches about 40% to maybe 45% in peak times during Fridays-Saturdays. Sundays-Thursdays it's about 30% to 40% during peak hours. It's slowly going up.

I'd say with a decent North American release and advertising campaign yes Terra will be more populated, easily hitting 800 highs and 300 lows no problem. I know KK struck a deal with Atari (thumbs up on that one) for release in other countries, they might do the same for North America, if not they'll find another distribtor.

Dr Strange
23-12-04, 05:12
WDoesn't matter. Half of Terra is LE. You'd hate it. Go back to PS.

You can thank alot of Anti-City clans for this. Why? Cause they kill allies for fun, not naming any clans specifically but there are several that hunt and kill allies and their own faction. With the current SL system they just head back to HQ and get a clanned tradeskiller to make them some quick tl150 missions to bring their SL back to positive any time it gets too negative.

Thus, most of us Anti City keep our LE in cause our own allies are more of a danger than Pro City ever is. We have more Pro City people help us when hunting mobs than allied factions.

It's sad when you have to team up with Pro City players to defend yourself aganist an Anti City ally.

wombat74
23-12-04, 05:47
You can thank alot of Anti-City clans for this. Why? Cause they kill allies for fun, not naming any clans specifically but there are several that hunt and kill allies and their own faction. With the current SL system they just head back to HQ and get a clanned tradeskiller to make them some quick tl150 missions to bring their SL back to positive any time it gets too negative.

Thus, most of us Anti City keep our LE in cause our own allies are more of a danger than Pro City ever is. We have more Pro City people help us when hunting mobs than allied factions.

It's sad when you have to team up with Pro City players to defend yourself aganist an Anti City ally.

Yeah Doc, things like that never happen to us in Neocron City. We all just sit around and have cups of tea and enjoy wonderful chats about Drom racing.

Yep, sure is heaven for a City runner. Never have to worry about ganking, we're all safe and sound under the fine leadership of Reeza and look up to the fine example of those in his very own faction, City Admin.

Sure sucks to be a Yorkie, it sounds like.

[/SARCASM]

Bozz-Von Mel
23-12-04, 05:58
Server population is a double-edged sword. If it gets too high so does lag. If it gets low, then its not as fun. You cant win.

VetteroX
23-12-04, 06:10
It's French now. The original Atari basically died and the brand name was bought by Infogrames a few years ago.

As far as NC is concerned Atari is a great partner - they play well above KK's league so it is one of the few things I see as promising atm.

I don't know about the US but I'm sure if the EU/Atari deal works out US firms will be more keen to deal with KK. Of course the biggest weakness there is the game itself :(.

Huh, didnt know Atari was French now, learn something new every day. I like your sig btw, yeah yeah, its KK's first mmo but they say so much that they dont ever do, its not even funny now, just sad, cant belive a word they say now.

Will they release nc REALLY soon in the uk or is it gonna take another 6 months? id like a bunch of US players but as long as I can play with people who speak english its fine.

LiL T
23-12-04, 12:32

How odd don't you mean pro city as in CA TT BT PP and all them smelly freaks that hang in plaza talking shite on trade allday. Don't you mean it is they that pk there own allies cos they simply suck too chicken shit to come and pick a fight with there enemys ?

There aren't any anti city that freqently pk there own allies

jernau
23-12-04, 14:30
Will they release nc REALLY soon in the uk or is it gonna take another 6 months? id like a bunch of US players but as long as I can play with people who speak english its fine.
It's hard to say but it looks like they will release it in the UK (and some other places in Europe) in a couple of months once the xmas rush (and accompanying competition) has died off.