PDA

View Full Version : Idea theft

Dribble Joy
22-12-04, 01:13
I have had a whole load of ideas about a little story and bunch of characters that have been swimming about in my head for a few years now.
Problem is, about a year ago I got into the anime and webcomic/manga scene (as a reader/watcher) and have found that the more I look, the more I have found loads of stuff that includes the same stuff that I have thought up, some cirtain issues and even individual scenes have come up that I wanted to cover myself.

I like my little story, and I really like one of the characters, but I fear that if I were to actually start any of the story lines I am going to get floods of people saying I ripped off whoever else and artists asking me to take down my stuff.

I know that being original in an area where virtualy everything has been done already, either in the past (eg. star wars) or something current, will be hard, but some of the things I wanted to do are very very close to what is allready out there.

How can I avoid being acused of idea theft? Any ideas?

wombat74
22-12-04, 01:28
How can I avoid being acused of idea theft? Any ideas?

Get Disney to make it?

Dribble Joy
22-12-04, 01:56
Or perhaps AOL/WB?

wombat74
22-12-04, 02:10
Or perhaps AOL/WB?

I was making a scathing joke regarding Lion King and Atlantis - direct ripoffs of classic Anime that Disney bulldozed their way through any possible copyright infringement.

Nice to see the Matrix guys got slammed for essentially stealing their scripts, though :)