PDA

View Full Version : Nortons Firewall and NC Patches

[KoS]Brad
22-12-04, 00:53
They don't mix... I downled patches today and started the game, went to log in and I get the box come up where you choose "Permit" "block" or the other one, but because my NC hates me the screen stays up (so I cant see the Nortons screen, it stays on the log in page)

I accidentally clicked "no" despite my expert knowledge of where the Permit button is, and now I can't get Nortons to allow it :/

Can anyone tell me how allow my patches to work please? That doesn't involve disabling my Firewall.

Thanks

Edit/ BTW the FRE has increased, I now get FRE's when I click Enter or Resume :)

Xylaz
22-12-04, 02:07
double click on the norton firewall icon - > firewall -> configure -> programs -> unblock the NC client (allow all or something like this)

[KoS]Brad
22-12-04, 02:13
Already tried that mate, It used to work for NC1 but it doesn't for NC2 which sucks :/ Anyone else suggest anything?

Xylaz
22-12-04, 02:16
Hmm, try to delete all nc related connections. Then allow all of it again. It should work. Remember that after each patch when client.exe is changed, norton rename the connection to something like client.exe1, client.exe2 etc. Make sure u remove all connections, older and the new ones.

Then try again and allow both client and launcher.

UnderLoK
22-12-04, 02:29
It's called "Client.exe" then set it to "allow all".

Everyone with Norton goes through the same thing. The only way around it is to manually add it after an update (in the same area you set the permissions on an existing rule like above). You just click add program and browse to client.exe set it to allow all and your set.

Shame
22-12-04, 03:33
is probably reinstalling norton to get it unblocked

after nc patches you can just load nc make sure you have another folder or something to alt tab to open then right after you click eneter on server selection screen alt tab to firewall popup

otherwise it always perm frezes nc on screen

Reefer
22-12-04, 10:17
eh are you sure its not the windows XP firewall that comes with Service Pack 2 wich is blocking the client? try turning the windows firwall off and just let the norton firewall do its work, or vice versa

[KoS]Brad
22-12-04, 13:30
Thanks for your help guys, ill go give it a go now.

Yep it worked, thanks a lot :)

Alan
23-12-04, 16:09
My work around for this is to start NC up in windowed mode after a patch. And reauthurize cilent that way, relogg and start back up my normal settings and everythings sorted till next patch.