PDA

View Full Version : Fix Implant Drop Bug

Sir ramic hobbs
21-12-04, 19:44
Some of you may like it but its truly shit. Theres literally no point in PvP anymore. If you are getting attacked theres no point in defending yourself especially in a warzone. Badically im guessing this hasnt been fixed because it eases server pressure or some shit like that. KK fix it please like soon because OP fights are ridculous as observed on terra last night.

Sir Ramic Hobbs

If you like this bug you suck. If it is a bug eh!

Dribble Joy
21-12-04, 19:46
j00 back?

Anyway, yes fix it.

Lexxuk
21-12-04, 20:07
Having not died yet, I have not actually lost any implants, however it really should be fixed quickly for multiple reasons.

1) Poking is a tradeskill, if there is no need for pokers, the skill itself will become less popular, so it would be harder to get a poke
2) Implants damage on popping, knock on effect = need for more chips, need for repair
3) Changing implants, if you want to swap your chips around, you will have trouble finding a poker
4) Cause I said so

Sir ramic hobbs
21-12-04, 21:50
@ Dribble. yes i am back :)

@ Lexx yay someone agrees with me.

@ KK FIX IT!!!

Xeno LARD
21-12-04, 21:58
@ KK: What he said.

-FN-
21-12-04, 23:50
Fuckin' A.

wombat74
21-12-04, 23:57
Having not died yet, I have not actually lost any implants, however it really should be fixed quickly for multiple reasons.

1) Poking is a tradeskill, if there is no need for pokers, the skill itself will become less popular, so it would be harder to get a poke
2) Implants damage on popping, knock on effect = need for more chips, need for repair
3) Changing implants, if you want to swap your chips around, you will have trouble finding a poker
4) Cause I said so

It's already difficult finding a poker on Terra - I was trying to level my droner last night, but after an hour and a half of people pleadingly crying out for a poker, I logged mine on to help them - all the while I've got two chips I've been trying to get put into my droner for the last three days without finding anyone around that can do it. (Big thanks though to a couple of the higher level customers - the nibs may not realise what little cash pokers get nowdays, but at least the more experienced players are willing to pay for the service they need).

Lexxuk
22-12-04, 01:36
I went and bought a filter heart 2 and had it stuck in by a poker straight away, try Dr Quinn in TH, Doc's teh uber poker :)

wombat74
22-12-04, 01:43
I went and bought a filter heart 2 and had it stuck in by a poker straight away, try Dr Quinn in TH, Doc's teh uber poker :)

It would be lovely if I was in your timezones Lexx - but being in Australia, when I can play, most of the Americans and the Euros are still asleep/at work - so it's a desert when it comes to pokers. The annoying thing is my primary is a poker, I just can't get the love returned from others most of the time.

[PiN]Fluffy
22-12-04, 01:45
PLZ! PLZ! PLZ! PLZ! fix it

Lexxuk
22-12-04, 01:49
It would be lovely if I was in your timezones Lexx - but being in Australia, when I can play, most of the Americans and the Euros are still asleep/at work - so it's a desert when it comes to pokers. The annoying thing is my primary is a poker, I just can't get the love returned from others most of the time.

True, not good, my PPU can poke 115, soon as I get him a tool, and a spy 3 of course, but then I'm euro too, only an insomniac and cant sleep at the moment so am up all hours, but gotta do my epics for chips i wont be able to get poked in... damn i'm screwed tbh :lol: :lol:

Brammers
22-12-04, 02:03
I say fix it, but sort out the recovery charge. I've been playing around in hacknet most of the day, and it's cost me, what 60k+

Dribble Joy
22-12-04, 02:06
The rec charge doesn't really hurt experienced/high lvl chars, but the n00bs are taking a beating, especially in MC5.

[PiN]Fluffy
22-12-04, 02:53
My capped tank surelt takes a beating from it. LOL with all the ops fights and me being to lazy to hunt

SorkZmok
22-12-04, 02:59
Fluffy']My capped tank surelt takes a beating from it. LOL with all the ops fights and me being to lazy to hunt
Yeah i wasted quite some hundred k over the last days, i`m way too lazy to hunt. All my capped chars are broke all the time now. :(

extract
22-12-04, 03:36
I dont really care either way, but in my opinion, your arguements for bringing them back to dropping is shit....pvp no point? oh I get it, your whole purpose for killing someone wasnt for fun, it was to make them have to get pokes.....

op wars? ummm ok, its not like they are immediately respawning and fighting again...40% SI is about 5 mins....I can get everything poked in under 5 mins and be back at a fight IF IMPLANTS STILL DROPPED......

Id be more inclined to actually care what you said if it wasnt so full of shit.....

how many clans if implants still dropped would always have a poker ready at an op fight in nc1? how many clans were getting poked as soon as they died?

i smell bullshit, stop fucking crying

edit: and please dont tell me there is no need for pokers....I see someone in trade at least every 5 mins asking for a poke....and my pistol spy pokes, and I still make a decent amount of money, so again, more bullshit

edit 2: and if you ask me, no implant drops is actually promoting MORE pvp, I know I fight alot more now on this shit pc, than I wouldve pre nc2....you wanna talk about no point in pvp? try this on for size....3-5 FPS, screen freezing for up to 30 seconds straight....all the while I got some 12 year old kid, who actually thinks he really outskilled me, and the whole time Im thinking, does this asshole really know why i just stopped moving? was it a sign of defeat? no....its me trying to enjoy the game for once without consequence on a shite ass computer, you know cause mommy and daddy cant buy all of us a nice gaming pc....

[PiN]Fluffy
22-12-04, 05:53
You make some sense. Not much but altleast some sense. You are right u can get repoked in 5 minutes. But not durring an OP fight when all clanned chars online are fighting. And sometimes u just CANT find a poker. And now you have people kiling people EVERYWHERE with no fear of imps popping which = Damge imps. I guarantee alot of people dont want their Mc5 chips falling out all the time. So im tired it's fuking late here. I hope wat i said makes sense. and WE WANT IMPLANTS TO FALL!!!

Seven
22-12-04, 06:00
Hmm, if it's for PvP purposes only, then why not have people with the LE out drop imps and people with LE in not drop imps.

[PiN]Fluffy
22-12-04, 06:01
I actually Love that idea.

wombat74
22-12-04, 06:18
Hmm, if it's for PvP purposes only, then why not have people with the LE out drop imps and people with LE in not drop imps.

Woo another disadvantage to keeping your LE in! Why not have mob kills drop imps, and runner kills/PvP not drop imps?

extract
22-12-04, 07:10
Fluffy']You make some sense. Not much but altleast some sense. You are right u can get repoked in 5 minutes. But not durring an OP fight when all clanned chars online are fighting. And sometimes u just CANT find a poker. And now you have people kiling people EVERYWHERE with no fear of imps popping which = Damge imps. I guarantee alot of people dont want their Mc5 chips falling out all the time. So im tired it's fuking late here. I hope wat i said makes sense. and WE WANT IMPLANTS TO FALL!!!

actually nothing you just said makes any sense....other than repeating what i said about getting poked in 5 mins....

every op war I was in in nc1, where we got killed, we repped, we got poked and were back in battle 10 mins TOPS

fixing implant drop wont make op wars any different, it wont make the economy any better, and it wont make a bunch of people log their poker, in fact, Ive had a harder time finding a poke when implants dropped, than I do now.....

there is no real statement you can say that can convince me that implants dropping again will unfuck the current state nc is in....it just wont

i mean what? implant dropping is gonna solve all problems? you think there wont still be senseless ganking with implants dropping? do you think that if implants dropped an op war team is just gonna say fuck it and not come back?

seriously give me a real reason why it should be reimplemented, instead of this just cause i want it back shit

Kozmos
22-12-04, 08:38
actually nothing you just said makes any sense....other than repeating what i said about getting poked in 5 mins....

every op war I was in in nc1, where we got killed, we repped, we got poked and were back in battle 10 mins TOPS

fixing implant drop wont make op wars any different, it wont make the economy any better, and it wont make a bunch of people log their poker, in fact, Ive had a harder time finding a poke when implants dropped, than I do now.....

there is no real statement you can say that can convince me that implants dropping again will unfuck the current state nc is in....it just wont

i mean what? implant dropping is gonna solve all problems? you think there wont still be senseless ganking with implants dropping? do you think that if implants dropped an op war team is just gonna say fuck it and not come back?

seriously give me a real reason why it should be reimplemented, instead of this just cause i want it back shit

how about the grounds of it being a bug and should be fixed ? Oh right, this bug helps you out, so keep it etc...

Why dont you want it back in ? Because its less HASSLE then it is atm with no imp drops

[Edit] On another note, yes it is different in OP fights, its currently lemmings, people rep as soon as they die, wait SI in the UG or apt, and fight again, without implant drops, this means that EVERYONE rep's without a second thought, however when implants are dropping, some people wait for a rez, because some of their chips are low condition, and dont want them breaking causing more hassle

Reefer
22-12-04, 10:07
Hmm is it just me or do my implants lose quality everytime I die? Iv'e checked them yesterday and looks like they do

eprodigy
22-12-04, 10:36
Leaving no implant drops is rediculous, I haven't attended many fights in NC2 but the Jeriko fights couple days ago, and even more recently have been beyond stupid. Both sides just return and return. Enemies just return right to the UG wait off there SI and pop right back out. I know its true, I'm not only out of practice but FRE'd about 4 times during that fight. Respawned back to the subway, waited off my SI with a few others, buffed and ran right back to Jeriko again.

Implant popping doesn't make it 100% better, but imagine your dead, respawned back somewhere safe for a moment, your MC5 or pivitol chip has popped, making you less effective ( or non effective depending on your class or chip ) your clan probably has a poker but they may be still fighting or non available, or have there tool etc etc. If you cant get someone in the battle with you then you gotta rely on the city, tradeskillers poking etc. So you GR over to TH ( or plaza 1 or city center, w/e) and get your pokes (if ones available!) and GR back to the fight. Now SI from generepping.

Not a huge amount of time, but anything to stop fights from being so endless that I dont have time to stay online long enough to see the whole battle through.

Lets not even talk about what happens if an implant breaks since that doesn't happen all that often - and tbh in NC1 I would always rep my imps when got low enough to break on pop (especially before a fight)

There may be better solutions, I personally like the idea of: remove the GR from the UG - make enemies RUN back to the fight, then the clan holding the inside of the OP has the advantage.

But since the only thing that can help us for now is this, I say:

Bring back implant drop

SorkZmok
22-12-04, 11:10

seriously give me a real reason why it should be reimplemented, instead of this just cause i want it back shit1. It`s a bug.
2. Some people rely on poking as a tradeskill .
3. Finding a poker now is a pain in the ass.
4. Fights are pointless.
Its not exactly funny when i kill some guy just to see him come back in no time. And again. And again. And again.
Wheres the sense in opwars when the dead people dont even need a rezz, they just GR into the UG?
Opwars turn into endless crap, pking is pretty much senseless.

Simply said, there should be a penalty for dieing other than just SI and loosing some cash.

Fafhrd
22-12-04, 11:52
When going for mobs you dont die that often. Popping Imps is almost a welcome break for me to get back to town, getting some maintenance for my gear and my imps back in.

Leaving no implant drops is rediculous, I haven't attended many fights in NC2 but the Jeriko fights couple days ago, and even more recently have been beyond stupid. Both sides just return and return. Enemies just return right to the UG wait off there SI and pop right back out.
Respawned back to the subway, waited off my SI with a few others, buffed and ran right back to Jeriko again.

As Imps are not dropping atm, I really enjoyed the jeriko fight the day before yesterday. I got killed a couple of times, released to OZ, waited some minutes so I could move again, went to the asg and drove back... And I didnt have to beg for pokes, which I wouldn't have gotten.
The whole Jeriko-thing is more like a late-night fun fight for me and I do not think it is a serious attempt to get the op.

( zap zap zap zap -> red tank dead
zap zap -> boooooooom rhino blown :-)

Dribble Joy
22-12-04, 12:08
The main problem is people coming straight back to the OP UG they died at, it's like we are back to when rez took 6 secs.

There is not enough consequence with dying, this is not an FPS and man down should mean man down for 10 mins or more.
Either bring back imps popping out, or full SI loss whenever you GR when dead (or both actually).

Engelke
22-12-04, 12:38
Well my poker did a good living in NC1 he had fancy cars a level 3 viarosso apt and lots of booze and chicks.

Now he is dead! I did delete him cause in hole NC2 i made like 100K in poking. People only needs pokes when switching or buying new imps. The tip rate droppet too cause why tip if you don't need a poker very often cause once imped the imp won't come out. So Terra has lost 1 pure TL115 poker to this bug.

Reefer
22-12-04, 13:14
Well my poker did a good living in NC1 he had fancy cars a level 3 viarosso apt and lots of booze and chicks.

Now he is dead! I did delete him cause in hole NC2 i made like 100K in poking. People only needs pokes when switching or buying new imps. The tip rate droppet too cause why tip if you don't need a poker very often cause once imped the imp won't come out. So Terra has lost 1 pure TL115 poker to this bug.

you deleted him :wtf:
why didn't you jsut LoM into something else then :confused:

extract
22-12-04, 15:29
ok, i wish you people would listen to yourselves.....

first off, if you are not bitching about implants not dropping, your bitching about too many people with LEs, not enough people to kill...

if your bitching about no pokers in nc without implants dropping, youll still be bitching about no pokers in nc when implants do drop....poking is not a fruitful tradeskill...everyone knows that unless your poking an mc5, your gonna get fuckall of a tip, and thats just fucking fact

I had a poker in nc1, and i have one now, in fact my primary pk char, my pistol spy, he pokes, and the only reason he does, is for my own personal benefit....meaning if imps ever do drop again and i die, i know i can repoke myself, cause i know that even now in nc2, if implants do drop, ill be fucked to find a poker just hanging about....

it just amazes me, how people take something and blow it all out of proportion....

in op wars in nc1, we ALWAYS had a char on standby ready to poke if things went awry....ALWAYS....

so i dont really see the problem with imps not dropping, if your at an op war and you dont want the fuckers u just killed to respawn in the ug, hack the fucking OP....

Kozmos
22-12-04, 15:38
ok, i wish you people would listen to yourselves.....

first off, if you are not bitching about implants not dropping, your bitching about too many people with LEs, not enough people to kill...

if your bitching about no pokers in nc without implants dropping, youll still be bitching about no pokers in nc when implants do drop....poking is not a fruitful tradeskill...everyone knows that unless your poking an mc5, your gonna get fuckall of a tip, and thats just fucking fact

I had a poker in nc1, and i have one now, in fact my primary pk char, my pistol spy, he pokes, and the only reason he does, is for my own personal benefit....meaning if imps ever do drop again and i die, i know i can repoke myself, cause i know that even now in nc2, if implants do drop, ill be fucked to find a poker just hanging about....

it just amazes me, how people take something and blow it all out of proportion....

in op wars in nc1, we ALWAYS had a char on standby ready to poke if things went awry....ALWAYS....

so i dont really see the problem with imps not dropping, if your at an op war and you dont want the fuckers u just killed to respawn in the ug, hack the fucking OP....

You still didnt answer my question tbh

Engelke
22-12-04, 19:32
you deleted him :wtf:
why didn't you jsut LoM into something else then :confused:

Well i couldn't find the spy to monk pill tbh ;)

Sir ramic hobbs
22-12-04, 19:35
Extract you are on your own here im afraid. Theres so many reasons why imp dropping is good for the game and if you arent in (clan defending jeriko against whole of city) ill eat my own chin. KK should revert to the old system where you had a choice of recovering your backpack instead of it being handed back to you. If you are a n00b levelling and you die in the first room then you arent gonna want to have to pay for your pack when you could just retrieve it.

extract
23-12-04, 03:12
im not on my own, im not here defending why implants shouldnt pop....in fact im trying to figure out a reason why they should, and not one person in here has a smoking gun....

fact is, it doesnt really matter what happens in the game, people will still find something to bitch about.....

the clans who dont have their head up their ass(few and far between if you ask me) wont be affected by a reintroduction of implant drops, and then im sure youll be begging to nerf, remove, reintroduce something else....

the people who go around pking(me) poke, so as soon as i die, guess what, im coming back....

yea some big difference its gonna make, but whatever, like i said from the get go, it doesnt matter to me either way.....you seem to be the only people who really care about it.....so yea i guess i am on my own.....

Engelke
23-12-04, 12:09
Well implant drop is a vital thing for the poking tradeskill.

Extract just to follow you would you even agree to this?

Remove damge to weapon and equipment, cause clans and PK'ers have repairer so don't effekt them.

Sell all artifact slottet weapons in shops, well clans and PK'ers have cst so it wouldn't bother them.

Lower prices way down, well clan and PK'ers have barters so again wouldn't effekt them.

Can't you see by removing the implant drop its getting to the tradeskillers? Yes clans and PK'ers can support them selves but there are ppl out there playing on their own without clan. They might have a poker to finance their way in game and thats not possibel when no imps drop. Trust me my unclanned poker did make lots of money even by poking clans who could support themselves. Its not always a clan poker is online tbh.

ROZZER187
23-12-04, 12:50
only read the first page of the thread so i dont know if someones already asked this, but do implants drop on low sl???

i know they already did anyway but do they do it now with the imp bug in effect???

r0ti0n
23-12-04, 13:12
creepiest thing with this bug though, it kind of even things out for me on my characters

without my imps falling out ive been dropping high slotted stuff out of my belts

no psi core pop, there goes the 5 slot holy heal in the belt o_o

extract
23-12-04, 15:11
Well implant drop is a vital thing for the poking tradeskill.

Extract just to follow you would you even agree to this?

Remove damge to weapon and equipment, cause clans and PK'ers have repairer so don't effekt them.

Sell all artifact slottet weapons in shops, well clans and PK'ers have cst so it wouldn't bother them.

Lower prices way down, well clan and PK'ers have barters so again wouldn't effekt them.

Can't you see by removing the implant drop its getting to the tradeskillers? Yes clans and PK'ers can support them selves but there are ppl out there playing on their own without clan. They might have a poker to finance their way in game and thats not possibel when no imps drop. Trust me my unclanned poker did make lots of money even by poking clans who could support themselves. Its not always a clan poker is online tbh.

whoa a valid point, see this is the stuff im looking to hear

kudos

but for the record....does anyone remember a time when implants dropped, that you didnt have to wait around for a poker? my point is, poking has never been a massive tradeskill where limitless pokers are standing around....

people make csters, cause they dont want other people csting their shit

people make reppers cause they dont want people jacking their shit....

people make resser cause they dont want people switching their shit.....

do people make pokers so they can stand around all day and poke other people for a measly 1k tip?

Obsidian X
23-12-04, 16:23
whoa a valid point, see this is the stuff im looking to hear

kudos

but for the record....does anyone remember a time when implants dropped, that you didnt have to wait around for a poker? my point is, poking has never been a massive tradeskill where limitless pokers are standing around....

people make csters, cause they dont want other people csting their shit

people make reppers cause they dont want people jacking their shit....

people make resser cause they dont want people switching their shit.....

do people make pokers so they can stand around all day and poke other people for a measly 1k tip?

I have to agree with extract on this one. Poking, at least since NC2, has never been a Tradeskill in the traditional sense. Its not enough to sustain a character, its not something you'd ever go pure for, but rather something just to do on the side. My poking monk has IMP specced purely for selfish reasons. 1K tips, or a measly "ty" or "sex" then running away doesn't warrant a tradeskill to me, you'd never do that to a conster or repper etc.

Also, the "It affects pokers" argument is absolute BS. My monk occaisonally wanders into plaza, poke tool in hand, when I'm bored of levelling him. And let me tell you, I've never made so much money (excluding NC1) poking than I do these days. 50K tips from people who have been scooting round Plaza 1 on their knees for so long, and not a poker in sight. This was the case way before the imp bug, except people didn't feel a need to tip you in those days. Now they feel somewhat obliged, even the poor noobs tip reasonably.

And everyone might well moan "We want imp drops back", but I wonder how many people will be posting whine threads when they got chainkilled for their DS/Herc, something which hasn't yet come to fruition since removing backpacks, but I guarantee will when the imp drop is fixed.

Whats my personal opinion on this? As a poker myself, I honestly couldn't care either way. I've always found pokers at TH when Ive needed them, and my monk can self poke anyway, so I wouldn't be bothered if it was re-implemented. At the same time of course, it doesn't bother me if its not implented, as the "it takes the meaning out of death" argument just doesn't cut it for me either.

darkservent
23-12-04, 17:25
Look I aint read any of the posts, but heres how i see it. The guys who are for the drop I'm with them. For the people who are against changing it or trying to compromise it like sayin only drop in warzones and the usual bullshit, I can only say CAREBEAR. Yes thats right CAREBEAR You now that word attached to the various other ideas such as belt drops and locked slots.

Thank You and Ta ta.

Seven
23-12-04, 18:53
As a side note, I have two accounts, each account has a poker.
I got tired of wasting hours looking for one a year ago and made my own.

I also have my own barter, researcher, constructor, recycler and repairer.

Can't be arsed to depend on server pops when I have time to play.

Sir ramic hobbs
24-12-04, 15:37
Extract WTF! are you banging on about?

I was gonna think of good reasons to argue but i am at a loss to see how it benefits neocron having imps always stay in your head and not having a chance to manually recover your backpack. I normally only play my PPU in PvP (due to my clanmates being lazy dicks :P ) and my PPU pokes and hacks, tbh there is a reduced amount of pokers (since the bug) no matter what people say.

I will be lomming my PPU to 115 pok when i get my psi glove so if anyone needs a tl 111 hacker or 115 Poker Dm Sir Ramic Hobbs, Mosher, or Spoon Lover ingame and ill be happy to log for you (if you are pro city) mwuhahaha

extract
24-12-04, 16:19
that may very well be....however I started a brand new character 3 nights ago....started CM.....havent left mb....there was a poker noob in the bunker when i needed lvl 1 imps, and last night there was at least 2 poker noobs in the bunker when I needed lvl 2 imp pokes....

if you ask me, it seems there is no less pokers now than there was before.....

like i said, im not defending either side, i could care less if imps popped or not.....the point im trying to make is all the stuff you are saying is happening now because of no imp poppin was happening way before they ever stopped popping....

i remember in nc1, times where i spammed trade for over an hour trying to find a poker....and im not even talking tl 115....ANY POKER

ive had to spam that id pay over 200k just for someone to log a poker, and still have had to wait over 30 mins for that....

not ONCE since imps stopped popping have i waited more than 10 mins to get a poke.....

just some fyi

Hot-Salsa
24-12-04, 17:02
with this new system in NC2....pokers are a useless trade...i liked it much moore in nc1...when you could listen in trade or ooc and hear there was a big clan fight...and you could take your poker and get ready in plaza for costumers :P

msdong
24-12-04, 17:06
being a poker in DoY was hard enough before the bug when there where at least 3 115poker on in my timezone.
as im not claned and have a allround trader as my mainchar i need poking as may main source of income. all other skills are just bonus that help me offering allround service for the lazy adventurer.
with that bug NC lost its last course to fear death.

i really wonder why they dont put in the current progress on that bug - dop sometimes is better them drop never.

mishkin
24-12-04, 17:16
Hmm... I wonder why it's only noob-killers and griefers who oppose the implant-drop...? The implant drop is there to extend the time it will take you to get back into combat. Dying in combat should mean you're out for the rest of it unless you happen to get ressed... Because implant drops have been taken out, people aren't afraid of getting bad SL, griefers run around mb, killing everyone, neutral/allied/enemy, and even if you kill them, they'll be back to kill you in 2 minutes... before you've even had a chance to kill off the second wave.

Manually getting my bp back should also be an option. I don't want to pay 5000 credits to transport my backpack to me if I just died 10m from the gr.

Oh, and extract, this may be OT, but "carebear" is a fucking lame excuse of an insult :D :D :D

msdong
24-12-04, 17:22
...Manually getting my bp back should also be an option. I don't want to pay 5000 credits to transport my backpack to me if I just died 10m from the gr....

put your money to the bank :)

Tostino
24-12-04, 18:04
For me its not the BP geting auto recoverd. Its the being able to drop my MC5 in my belt on everyone of my chars :(

extract
24-12-04, 23:02
Oh, and extract, this may be OT, but "carebear" is a fucking lame excuse of an insult :D :D :D

I totally agree, and if you would learn to read, you would see that it was someone else who said that not me.....

.....................I can only say CAREBEAR. Yes thats right CAREBEAR You now that word attached to the various other ideas such as belt drops and locked slots.

Thank You and Ta ta.

Sir ramic hobbs
25-12-04, 02:03
tbh a response from KK would be nice. Im sure even Extract can agree on that :P