PDA

View Full Version : [Bug Reports] Patch 123+124

Dirus
21-12-04, 18:52
Patch Notes are here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=120517)

List all issues with Patches 123+124 here. Use the discussion thread for general patch topics.

Mr Kot
21-12-04, 19:16
New ProtoPharm guards by the HQ genrep are not there or invisible.

Spermy
21-12-04, 19:19
{unknown} 10/10 mobs in HN areas.

Consist of HUGE player figure, textured with Random textures.

Dirus
21-12-04, 19:21
{unknown} 10/10 mobs in HN areas.

Consist of HUGE player figure, textured with Random textures.
Known issue, and is a temporary one. Once the "Unknowns" are removed they should start spawning as the intended mobs.

nugz420
21-12-04, 19:33
armor smuggler in old canyon says npc is busy so he is not useable.other smugglers in canyon fine.

-][)anK the banned tank-

Jansku
21-12-04, 20:00
I cannot play the game in DX9 mode anymore after the patch.
The game crashes after few seconds: "Fatal Runtime Error".

I can play in DX7 mode BUT i have serious graphical issues then - all NPC models look like shit (I can post images if you want proof) and FPS is very bad.

--
2800+
Asus A7V8X-X
512MB DDR
GF4Ti4200 64MB
Windows XP
--
Helping GM was happy because I got my char out from OZ2 in DX7mode but that don't resolve the problem. (And I don't blame him, I'm very happy for fast help, remember that)

Remember that I could play in DX9 mode without problems (or atleast I had the same problems as everyone else) and now I can't. I got killed by mutant in OZ2 with Junk Knife because game crashed like 7-10 times. Fun fun.

eLcHi
21-12-04, 20:41
- Test Drone Vendor in TH-Sec 1 not removed
- Armor takes damage in hacknet - if it`s not protecting,why does it take damage ? :)

Darth Slayer
21-12-04, 21:30
Erm when I fire my FC -1000's now I get a Bright white flash blanking out the entire screen on detonation of the Fusion sphere. Damn near hurts my eyes that. I get this regardless of distance from drone to target.

Scorpius.

Comie
21-12-04, 22:08
is this a bug i dunno... but yu hack in to the dungeons and as soon as yu zone in yur jumped by mobs (no matter what lvl) yu have NO chance to buff before hand and therefore get twatted by rank 10/10 mobs and upwards... how about letting yu zone in safe or atleast having a docking zone where yu can buff up before yu zone in, as the hacknet mobs deal to much damage otherwise

[VP]Orion
21-12-04, 23:14
Comie: Yes, you get jumped. But those 10/10 mobs arent even the slightest hard to handle. I can even handle the huge amount of 50/50 in high security.

Bug: Some high security hacknet dungeons have mobs guarding, some dont. Also, felt like they did less damage than the ones in medium security.

EDIT: Just realized mobs do VERY different amount of damage. Some medium dungeons do bugged 30/30 damage, some others do more manageable amount of damage.

-FN-
21-12-04, 23:48
#1) Logged in. Killed myself. Didn't drop any implants. I know it wasn't in the patch notes - but this has been needing fixed for WEEKS upon WEEKS. OP Wars, PvP - so much of the game is semi-fucked because you won't fix this.

#2) Went into hacknet and looked around. The models aren't semi-transparent like I thought they were supposed to be. Kinda makes them look a bit cheesy.

#3) Thanks for turning two drones I brought from NC1, used up two belt slots for, into Milky Rens. Really appreciate that.

More to come when I find another reason to login someday.

-Edit-

Also, there was no mention of fixing the Crossbow Quest - which I've been holding the parts for for weeks - because I keep getting told it's broken and would be fixed with the next patch... I'll be testing that tonight.

Vinnie_Hatchet
22-12-04, 00:33
Before these patches my computer (GF 4Ti, Athlon 64, dx9) was pretty stable, now i crash in every few minutes. The problem is a lot worse in the wastelands, periodically i keep on crashing there in every few seconds :mad:

epij
22-12-04, 00:52
many lifts do not work anymore.

you keep "ceiled" under the actual level you wanna hop on. as if you'd go against the ceiling. no more lifting. its nice in a DNS when you cannot get to the faction DNS ---- logout.

addressed this issue -> see attachments.
(and yes, i always spawn like this when entering HN. tried 3 times now. as if it would be bad karma of reincanation :/)

Meliglianor
22-12-04, 01:38
10/10 HN mobs hurt more than 60/60 ones.

[VP]Orion
22-12-04, 01:38
I exited from Hacknet to Emmersson OP. For some really strange reason, when I move towards the OP, I crash. Happened 6 times in a row now. I can move other direction but not towards the OP (which is upwards a hill if that matters).

EDIT: Happened a couple more times. And when I moved away to the side I could run for a while and then I crashed again. And after that I couldnt log back into the game with that char without fataling at once. Whats up with Emmersson?

I changed to DX7 and for some strange reason it worked perfectly. My guess is it has something to do with those DX9 changes in this patch.

Obsidian X
22-12-04, 01:50
Not normally one to whine in patch threads but...

Since patching, the launcher takes a good 20 seconds to actually launch my client. Then the whole thing just hangs after the logos appear.

Edit: Dunno what the hell that was, but its gone now :) Problem solved.

Dribble Joy
22-12-04, 02:01
Not normally one to whine in patch threads but...

Since patching, the launcher takes a good 20 seconds to actually launch my client. Then the whole thing just hangs after the logos appear.

Edit: Dunno what the hell that was, but its gone now :) Problem solved.

- D3D9Drv: improved character/NPC animations on hardware with limited shader support (e.g. Geforce 3 / VS 1.1). This invalidates the geometry cache, forcing new precaching pass after the patch.
If it was one off, that would probably be why.

Jansku
22-12-04, 02:05
Before these patches my computer (GF 4Ti, Athlon 64, dx9) was pretty stable, now i crash in every few minutes. The problem is a lot worse in the wastelands, periodically i keep on crashing there in every few seconds :mad:

I have this same problem. This is serious and it's making the game unplayable.
I wish GMs would even post that they're aware of this and if they're going to fix this soon. (Or atleast this is what I hope)

We did not have this problem before this new patch!

Xylaz
22-12-04, 02:19
i dont crash more than usual (which means every 5 mins), but memory leaks increased as hell, i'm lagging and freezing every time i turn around which makes it almost impossible to play...
what's going on?

[edit]
one more thing - i tried to access the city com and every time i did that it kicked me off into the login screen 8| Relogged few times and it started to work properly, wierd anyways

Redburn
22-12-04, 02:28
Memory leak is bigger then before, All my drone BP's turned itno milky ren BP's even the ones that I did before the test vendor's were put in game (Ion Drone BP's ok), Now I'll have to check my droner to see if the drone he brought over from NC1 turned into Milky Ren's too :mad:

IceStorm
22-12-04, 02:29
- Rotating furniture (cabinets, at least) does not work. I held down the fire button (left mouse) and the cabinet placed instead of allowing me to rotate it.

- Vehicles spawned from the ASG at Battle Dome are not able to "move". You can get in and drive them, but as soon as you exit both you and the vehicle snap back to the spawn point. Additionally, the vehicles can't zone. You can drive to the zone border, but there's nothing there - the world ends. Initially I thought this was a problem with one of my accounts/characters, but the problem is occuring on two different characters.

Jansku
22-12-04, 03:02
I have this same problem. This is serious and it's making the game unplayable.
I wish GMs would even post that they're aware of this and if they're going to fix this soon. (Or atleast this is what I hope)

We did not have this problem before this new patch!

I just figured out that the game is running fine at Plaza1 when I'm doing aggressor missions but if I go to lvl1 sewer or OZ2 it crashes. Maybe there is some model that causes the crash? To get out I have to change to DX7 mode again, run out and then change back to DX9.

And I can't play all the time in DX7 because models are really bugged then and fps is terrible.

(Please, tell me someone is reading these. PM or something :P)

Brammers
22-12-04, 03:23
1. Graphics bug with Geforce 3 TI200 and DX9 drivers - this also happens at Graves, you get lines appearing from the building.

2. Hacknet. Low level is safe. However Mid and High level the mobs just own you as you enter Hacknet. There is no time to buff.

3. Crash reports...I've crashed twice in K14 and a few other times. Sorry the crash rate has been bad.

Brammers
22-12-04, 03:25
Since I couldn't upload the last log files...next posts.

Brammers
22-12-04, 03:28
[Delete this post please mods]

I also have callstack logs - they will be uploaded later.

IceStorm
22-12-04, 04:41
- Researching when one has both High Capacity cubes in inventory AND regular cubes in inventory results in the High Capacity cubes being used first. I just burned up two High Capacity cubes on a Pistol Combat Booster 1 and Deflector.

LiL T
22-12-04, 08:15
1. Graphics bug with Geforce 3 TI200 and DX9 drivers - this also happens at Graves, you get lines appearing from the building.

2. Hacknet. Low level is safe. However Mid and High level the mobs just own you as you enter Hacknet. There is no time to buff.

3. Crash reports...I've crashed twice in K14 and a few other times. Sorry the crash rate has been bad.

Yep exact same thing has been happening to me Geforce 4 TI4200 DX9 is what I'm using happens at graves, wierd reddish lines comming from mobs and other things leading to my reticule <---spelling. Started happening at CRP was in a fight at the time I crashed I think a total of 6 times all in a row his was only happening inside and around the outpost. In away I'm glad alot of others are getting this problem hopefully it will be fixed sharpish eh kk eh?

LiL T
22-12-04, 08:29
Sorry for this double post but these are the lines I'm on about I have put a yelllow indicator line next to it took these while I was crashing like mad to capture them.

Thanks to the pro city for understanding and rezzing me or I would be swearing alot more in these forums ;)

LiL T
22-12-04, 09:14
sorry last post heres the error logs can't upload error log 4 for some reason says its allready attached

/edit more pics with these lines shows them coming from desert wolfs

http://img144.exs.cx/img144/4682/1a6ai.jpg
http://img144.exs.cx/img144/2472/2a8nr.jpg
http://img144.exs.cx/img144/6514/3a2ti.jpg

Dargeshaad
22-12-04, 10:42
I got the same problem with lines comming out from buildings/walls and when I tried to go to redrock mine I crashed somewhere around 20 times in a row before I started putting on force fog to the absolute minimum. I got a GF 4200 TI as well

Engelke
22-12-04, 11:45
Dunno if its a bug but yesterday we where a party of 3 hunting firemobs in H_12. Everytime we got close to mobs the ping went up to 600 on all PC's and the PPU and APU couldn't cast spells cause of the lag.

We hunt there quite often but it never was as bad as yesterday.

Tombad
22-12-04, 11:56
I've got the problem with crashing like hell in certain zones (dunno if facing somewhere has any effect) with DX9. If try to relog I just instantly crash again and I must use DX7 to get me out of there.

I'm using a GF4 Ti4600, seems to be problem with GF4 -cards?

Dargeshaad
22-12-04, 13:27
I don't know if this is related to this patch, but every time I get shot with a copbot rifle (either from copbots or CA guards) I crash the next time i zone.

[VP]Orion
22-12-04, 14:42
Since I posted my thread about crashing alot tonight I cant edit it. As people say, crashing over and over again in some sectors but only in DX9. And guess what? Im using a GeForce4TI4600... Which means everyone that have reported this uses Geforce4 cards. Im using OmegaDriver 1.6177 but never had any problems before this patch. Jusk ask if you need error logs.

sultana
22-12-04, 15:02
Orion']Since I posted my thread about crashing alot tonight I cant edit it. As people say, crashing over and over again in some sectors but only in DX9. And guess what? Im using a GeForce4TI4600... Which means everyone that have reported this uses Geforce4 cards. Im using OmegaDriver 1.6177 but never had any problems before this patch. Jusk ask if you need error logs.
I think it seems to be an issue with the ti cards and omega drivers... I had the same problem on a ti4800, I switched back to catalyst drivers and it works perfectly well again. In fact not a single fatal/crash in like 4 hours of play. Hmm, that's like better then before, considering I spent the whole time in plaza :rolleyes:

CoDi
22-12-04, 15:05
Orion']Jusk ask if you need error logs.

Callstack.log and d3d9drv.log after such a crash. If they contain something usable whatsoever.

Tombad
22-12-04, 15:16
I think it seems to be an issue with the ti cards and omega drivers... I had the same problem on a ti4800, I switched back to catalyst drivers and it works perfectly well again. In fact not a single fatal/crash in like 4 hours of play. Hmm, that's like better then before, considering I spent the whole time in plaza :rolleyes:

Nope, I'm using regular forceware-drivers and getting this.

And aren't catalyst-drivers for ATI cards?

Logs coming when I next bump into a crashzone.

sultana
22-12-04, 15:17
um, detonator drivers then, never really learnt the names o_O

Ah well, worked for me, maybe it might help someone else :)

Tombad
22-12-04, 15:22

Hmm, going to test that later on. Before this patch newer forceware-drivers caused a really nasty flickering problem in NC with my gfx card.

Darkener
22-12-04, 15:37
I thought the range on the hacknet dungeon mobs were suppose to be reduced. Doesnt seem the case the range on them is huge. The damage on them is unreal for a 20/20 mob if more than one jumps on my hacknet spy im dead even though when i kill them i get no reward im told to pick on something my own size.

Miss Naughty
22-12-04, 17:53
Has anyone figured out whats wrong with the Black Dragon hack net blue prints? You can donwload them but it doesn't give you any part numbers - where it would usually say what parts you need it says N/A.

I haven't tried buying loads of parts and seeing if they do actually build yet. I'm guessing that the blueprints are proper broken though.

Brammers
22-12-04, 18:24
TG and BD epic rewards. If you have completed the epic and changed to a different faction. (In this case FA) you can no longer get your supply of grenades or free drugs.

Old patch 122 bugs which I forgot to report.

1. The black dragon free drug dealer I could not ever get to work. He just kept telling me "It's too risky"

2. Not 100% about this one, but when in the Ceres temple, two of us didn't have 2 million or a WoC disk. It told me I didn't have 2 million, and my other mate he needed to do a epic. He had done the Crahn epic but not the FA epic. (He was FA, and I was TS and had completed the epic) Something wrong with the epic detection there?

Brammers
22-12-04, 18:34
Hacknet Newbie MC5 area.

The hack terminal inside the MC5 Main does not work. You can't hack it, and if you click on it, it says "Destination invalid"

Terkantia
22-12-04, 18:39
I ahve the same line issues and card as Lil T. I am not, however, using the Omega drivers, I ahve the latest (as of launch) NVidia drivers.

I noticed while in the lvl 8 storage in DoY, that dragonflies produced the same lines, all the time.

As a side note, when I fist log in, I hit what seems to be three or four periods that everything freezes, sometimes upwards of 7-15 seconds. Not entering a new area or anything, jsut droning around killin stuff.

Yeah, and the new hacknet dungeons are a bit on the hairy side. Getting into the low lvl one and living to see some mobs is very challenging to say the least. Mid was the same. Haven't tried the high lvl yet.

Dargeshaad
22-12-04, 19:15
I ahve the same line issues and card as Lil T. I am not, however, using the Omega drivers, I ahve the latest (as of launch) NVidia drivers.

I noticed while in the lvl 8 storage in DoY, that dragonflies produced the same lines, all the time.

As a side note, when I fist log in, I hit what seems to be three or four periods that everything freezes, sometimes upwards of 7-15 seconds. Not entering a new area or anything, jsut droning around killin stuff.

Yeah, and the new hacknet dungeons are a bit on the hairy side. Getting into the low lvl one and living to see some mobs is very challenging to say the least. Mid was the same. Haven't tried the high lvl yet.

i've been forced to go back to DX7 since sometimes in the wastelands when facing a certain direction i get immense graphic lag (<10 FPS)

jini
22-12-04, 19:20

When are you getting those sultana? I think I face the same problem, and I too use GeForce4200

Another bug that has to do with lag is that I'm getting abnormal hit in fps when I turn my head to Watch even a SINGLE drom!!
Is it the Drom's Revenge? I have some proof from gabanium
fps drop from 55-60 to 6-9
this has nothing to do with trees. I get this when i happen to watcg droms

Firebob
22-12-04, 23:28
not sure if it has anything to do wiht the patches but for some reason I've used 20K in loms wiht out anything happening. I just used the pill and nothing, no SI no unused points. Just a wasted Lom. .

just incase you need to know, its on my monk in P1.

f33StNeu$
22-12-04, 23:44
Keep getting "fatal runtime error" when running around Emmerson Factory, all other area's work fine as soon as i go near the op i fre.

Mr Kot
23-12-04, 00:06
Hacknet dungeons in Viarosso 1:

Upon leaving the low security dungeon, u exit at the mid security terminal the other side of the zone.

Upon leaving the mid security dungeon, u exit at the low security terminal.

High security is fine, as are the dungeons in viarosso 2. Not checked all the other zones yet.

Kinda reminds me of the apartment elevator bug in outzone sector 1. Zone up in enter B, zone down at enter C and vice versa.

Dirus
23-12-04, 00:38
TG and BD epic rewards. If you have completed the epic and changed to a different faction. (In this case FA) you can no longer get your supply of grenades or free drugs.
This is as it was intended.

1. The black dragon free drug dealer I could not ever get to work. He just kept telling me "It's too risky"
This issue is known, and a new BD reward is in the works.

2. Not 100% about this one, but when in the Ceres temple, two of us didn't have 2 million or a WoC disk. It told me I didn't have 2 million, and my other mate he needed to do a epic. He had done the Crahn epic but not the FA epic. (He was FA, and I was TS and had completed the epic) Something wrong with the epic detection there?
You need 2mil & the epic completed for your current faction. Epic check is first hence why you got past it and hit the 2mil barrier since you had done the epic, while he hit the epic barrier and not the money one.

I'm aware it says "you must complete one epic". That needs to be changed.

Brammers
23-12-04, 01:14
Cheers for the post Lupus.

Damm, so doing those epics was a little pointless... :/ Guess I'll leave TG to lob the grenades at CA. :D

New BD award? Any hints on what it's going to be?

Selendor
23-12-04, 01:24
The Citycom is not showing Op ownership anymore when you select clan rankings or look at it from the Statistics sections. Used to put a '1' by clans that owned Ops (very useful).

RogerRamjet
23-12-04, 01:28
Using an ATI 9800 256MB and Neocron seems to crash my card. Im using DX9.0b. It turns the card off completely since the monitor recieves no input.

This only happens in NC, my other games are fine.

jini
23-12-04, 06:33
When are you getting those sultana? I think I face the same problem, and I too use GeForce4200

Another bug that has to do with lag is that I'm getting abnormal hit in fps when I turn my head to Watch even a SINGLE drom!!
Is it the Drom's Revenge? I have some proof from gabanium
fps drop from 55-60 to 6-9
this has nothing to do with trees. I get this when i happen to watcg droms ok . Both bugs fixed after the 125 patch as far my pc goes.
I don't crash anymore.

Since I cant find another sticky for patch125, I will post here:
The new bug now, is: lines that connect me with all mobs in an area.

Saito Hajime
23-12-04, 06:58
1.)When in HN, it seems that I can now run where run had no effect before, and it operates fine untill I empty my sta. If it empties, it doesnt seem to matter if it comes back, you cannot resume normal run speed. If i never let it drain completely I can run no problems.

2)It seems that if youre in middle of the epic quests (or end or beginning i dunno) and happen to talk to HR director (in next at least, dunno about others) while in the middle of ANY kind of mission, he runs the script for the lvl 10 Epic misson, which like a moron i finished because it overwrote the mission info in the rpos. That reset my epic progress. That could be exploited i think. dunno if its same for the other factions, and didn't try to repeat it so I dunno if its a one time thing or something but thought it was noteworthy.

3)could just be my comp p3 800mhz gf4 ti, dx9 but while some mobs now have thier limbs untangled, some of them now have artifacts stretching from wherever they happen to be to my reticle, once i enter a certain range...dunno.

anyway those are the oddities i've noticed since patch, hope that helps.

Balrack
23-12-04, 08:23
I have an ATI 9600, Direct X 9.b, After the log in screen I hit enter to select character and the game just goes to a black screen and hangs, I left it 15 mins thinking it was a connection issue but even then nothing. Any thoughts?

wombat74
23-12-04, 08:26
I have an ATI 9600, Direct X 9.b, After the log in screen I hit enter to select character and the game just goes to a black screen and hangs, I left it 15 mins thinking it was a connection issue but even then nothing. Any thoughts?

What drivers are you using?
Did this happen on 122, 124, or 125?
Does it happen on all characters?
What is the average air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Balrack
23-12-04, 08:32
African or Europian Swallow? As for the game I've just been mulling everything over and I made a seem to have overlooked one little thing. My firewall, seems someone cleaned out the programs allowed access the other day and I didnt notice. Before I get pelted to death with rotten veg please keep in mind its 6.31am in england I make mistakes when tired.
So erm.. my bad.

Bugs Gunny
23-12-04, 13:06
Since patch 123-124 i'm getting the right click bug a lot.
I log in, have to relog and then i can use rightclick.

darknessfairy
24-12-04, 09:39
lagging more crashing more...
when hacking into thing's the hack screen does a strange round about flip like it's resetting the hack screen then when i exit hack i see an empty citycom screen infront of me and i crash... nice :rolleyes:

Genji
24-12-04, 12:38
I get better frams and less crashing, but I'm starting to get (in first person) little lines from my crosshair to all the mobs in the area :wtf:

LiL T
24-12-04, 17:46
No crashes like the other day but this really needs to go I refuse to use DX7 as a fix !

/edit they come from scorpions wolfs maybe some fire mobs and certain vehicals

-FN-
25-12-04, 00:19
Dunno if this was mentioned yet:

Cryton Multilink Defense Software v1.1 and v1.2 have the same requirements of INT=60 HCK=91 while v1.2 has a TL of 80.

Menome
26-12-04, 03:59
I know the hotfix on Wednesday wa ssupposed to sort out DX9 issues and stop people crashing, but I worked on DX9 absolutley fine up until that point, now I fatal every 10-20 mins since the supposed 'fix' .

aKe`cj
27-12-04, 03:35
The "hacknet software trader" in doy sec03 seems bugged, reset didnt solve the problem.

zii
27-12-04, 19:42
A selection of my drugs have stopped working since the last patch. I have no idea if it is in connection with the current Terra instability issues. For the timebeing this effect seems to be confined to one char on Terra, although this is the only char that had bought these drugs afore the patch: Redflash and the other blue INT+5 drug.

However, I suspect that they stopped working after the drone theme week's drones were turned into Milky Rens during patches 123+124, as they now do the same thing: nothing. I do hope that my Tiger Bloods and K.Nightshades have not been affected in the same way, but I won't be testing them until I know what is what. (A paradox, I know.)

Regards, Z.

Mr Kot
05-01-05, 06:18
Since the database switch of the H-C eye 3 and the Light Duranium boots, the Light Duranium boots are now their correct Tech Level (59) but they still have the STR 70 requirement.

For comparison, the medium boots need STR 67.

Dirus
05-01-05, 10:57
Since the database switch of the H-C eye 3 and the Light Duranium boots, the Light Duranium boots are now their correct Tech Level (59) but they still have the STR 70 requirement.

For comparison, the medium boots need STR 67.Fixed with next patch.

Edit:

Dunno if this was mentioned yet:

Cryton Multilink Defense Software v1.1 and v1.2 have the same requirements of INT=60 HCK=91 while v1.2 has a TL of 80.
Fixed next patch. 1.2 was using 1.1's info, as a result 1.2 should improve in its effect as well.

Weazle
05-01-05, 11:46
Fixed with next patch.

Any ETA on the next patch ? :lol:

Ninjano2002uk
10-01-05, 21:06
I would just like to note that after i complained of lines coming from the mobs like stated in a screenshot above thats just what i have my fps were awful untill patch 125 , but still the frames are better so i can play but i still have lines.. coming from mobs , lets hope patch 126 sorts this :p

Brammers
13-01-05, 00:24
Couple of bugs with the Black Dragon High Security Database.

The parts listing for a downloaded recycle glove BP is blank - no parts listed.
The parts listing for a downloaded devourer is blank - no parts listed.
The devourer is listed under the catergory of drones. Unless KK have not told their No.1 droning fan that this is a new drone, the devourer is a heavy tank weapon! :lol:

Redburn
13-01-05, 14:22
Yes, just found that out also......unless you buy every part and try and build then see what was used you have no idea what parts are needed.