PDA

View Full Version : [Discussion] Patch 123+124

Chenoa
21-12-04, 16:25
Here you can discuss the patches 123+124

Patchnotes (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=120517)

RogerRamjet
21-12-04, 16:26
Wooooooooooooooooooo

jini
21-12-04, 16:27
Onoz me crossbow :D

Selendor
21-12-04, 16:28
Implants pop on death now or not? Its not in the patch notes

DigestiveBiscui
21-12-04, 16:29
I'll stay away until i find out if the imps pop :)

Spermy
21-12-04, 16:30
Good to know that friction is increased. - I kept having to backpedal to stop myself falling off.

plague
21-12-04, 16:36
Healing Light nerfed, don't have time to test it yet, but am sure it's usless now(as we all know "sledge hamer" methods used by kk ). :( Other that that great patch.

Kierz
21-12-04, 16:37
Looks like a lot of things players were nagging about have been added, like hack boosters and citycoms, who says you don't listen - nice patch :D

Matthew.v.smith
21-12-04, 16:38
some nice fixes in Hacknet and the like but what about the most majour issue that is the non imp drop that still exists.

And there's still a few thing's that dont work like Outfitters and stuff but apart from that it's good work.

But that imp bug damn it.

Matty.

SorkZmok
21-12-04, 16:39
- Slightly Reduced Healing Light Damage
- Slightly Reduced Juggernaut Crossbow Pistol Damage

Hell yes. Finally!
And i love the hacknet stuff.

But. Wheres the implant bug fix? :(

Dribble Joy
21-12-04, 16:39
General sexehness.

Ascension
21-12-04, 16:40
Oh btw Tostino the HC-eye 3 is bugged.. you can put it in ya HC-PE and cap ya TPC..

way to go KK, no restrictions on the HC eye

Bugs Gunny
21-12-04, 16:41
Invasion of the milky rens :-)

I wonder if people will start collecting these strange milky rens ?

Frotto
21-12-04, 16:42
damn job, i cant test the patch ;(

Dargeshaad
21-12-04, 16:49
They managed to actually not sledgehammer nerf the x-bow, does 196 dmg to a 120 CA guard as opposed to around 216 (i think) prepatch, still got crap aim though :mad:

Dribble Joy
21-12-04, 16:51
They managed to actually not sledgehammer nerf the x-bow, does 196 dmg to a 120 CA guard as opposed to around 216 (i think) prepatch, still got crap aim though :mad:
So it's still overpowered?

Frotto
21-12-04, 16:51
well if you dont like it anymore, i'll take if off your hands

Crest
21-12-04, 16:52
Hmmm,
Drone theme Week starts, get 1 patch with some good work, then wait 2 weeks and get a Bug fix patch, then wait 3 weeks and get this patch. So is there only 1 patch worth for Drones ?

Is this how it goes....

Nice patch , I think, Now healing light gets nerfed ?
Man thats funny, a few people die and .... I think the Rav is over powered, I think when it fires, it should throw milkey rens ....

More on point 1 though, what about the current drone bugs which I assumed would be in a drone bug fix patch (Never Came), bugs like
1) Launch drone and some one dies = Neg SL
2) Dronning and someone walks pash you and your 3rd person angle is wrong
3) Drones launching and dissapperaing
4) Inv screw up on drones (I dunno about other time, but on dronnes it always screws up)

Since Drones are at the bottom of a very long list, inwould have expected a post drone week patch, or is it limited to 1 patch per theme

trigger hurt
21-12-04, 16:54
After 3 weeks of delays and extensive testing, kk finally releases the patch

rofflecopter!

I love the bug where I come out of hacknet and I still look like my hacknet model. That one must have just slipped through. Then there's this one in the screenshot. Good stuff. Oh, and how can we forget about the rare code fragments are not just dropping, they are raining. All you have to do is click the data container and poof, ya got one.

I guess it's a good thing the run doesnt work yet, or there'd be hundreds of these things already.

As for the other stuff. Good patch. Except healing light. It didn't need a damage nerf, it needed the graphic bug fixed. Now, It's probably useless.

Dribble Joy
21-12-04, 16:59
The HL was too powerfull for it's tl. It's only 2 tls higher than the RoLH and acts like it's tl120 or more.
If it was tl125+ then there wouldn't be a problem, high dmg, shag all defence, as it is, you only need PA3 and a reflex4 to use it as a spy.

Tombad
21-12-04, 17:00
Yay, finally the graphics bug on GF4 cards is fixed! No more screwy monk PAs or warbots with on leg. \o/

trigger hurt
21-12-04, 17:06
The HL was too powerfull for it's tl. It's only 2 tls higher than the RoLH and acts like it's tl120 or more.
If it was tl125+ then there wouldn't be a problem, high dmg, shag all defence, as it is, you only need PA3 and a reflex4 to use it as a spy.
You know for a fact that KK can't "adjust". They nerf it with a sledgehammer. So now, rifle spies have 1 gun that's worth a damn because the others have been nerfed to oblivion by someone who can't handle a spy winning a fight.

paolo escobar
21-12-04, 17:11
[ edited ]

Seven
21-12-04, 17:12
Anything different about the hud? We were supposed to have a hud choice.
Can't test it right now and was wondering...

Anyway, patch finally out = good.

Seems to need some tweaking before you guys hit the Holidays though.

StealthyAssassi
21-12-04, 17:13
1) Ok my Spy has 85 Hack and 82 T-C. He uses Lv 2 Software and gets killed by 10/10 Hacknet mobs. Interesting.
2) Well weeeeeeeee! I can download Devourer - but it CANT BE BUILT!
3) HL nerf? And H-C get their eye 3 at the same time? Great... (and no, using a HL is not that easy if you try to be a Spy who can take hits - without using 7 Drugs)

Brammers
21-12-04, 17:14
Implants pop on death now or not? Its not in the patch notes

Died 3 times in hacknet, and my implants are still in.

And mid-level hackzones just own you.

jernau
21-12-04, 17:22
You are comparing a ray pistol and a laser rifle and want them to be the same?

The only reason people bitched is because they are used to the fact rifles are by-and-large utter shit for PvP. Every time one actually becomes viable people cry like babies until the class is useless (in PvP terms) again.

Tostino
21-12-04, 17:27
1) Ok my Spy has 85 Hack and 82 T-C. He uses Lv 2 Software and gets killed by 10/10 Hacknet mobs. Interesting.
2) Well weeeeeeeee! I can download Devourer - but it CANT BE BUILT!
3) HL nerf? And H-C get their eye 3 at the same time? Great... (and no, using a HL is not that easy if you try to be a Spy who can take hits - without using 7 Drugs)
Sorry but if you have a SA you can have PE defence with 2-3 drugs and use every rifle in game.

jernau
21-12-04, 17:29
Sorry but if you have a SA you can have PE defence with 2-3 drugs and use every rifle in game.
Haha - that one still cracks me up.

Where's Jester?

Tostino
21-12-04, 17:30

Where's Jester?
Hey if you dont want good defence then dont drug :rolleyes:

zii
21-12-04, 17:31
> - Test Vendor Drones are now Milky Rens

Did I read this correctly?

I spent lots of cash buying Drones for my Droner, and now all I can do is eat them? I have over 500 drones and now I suppose that I have 500 M.Rens. Happy Christmas.

[PiN]Fluffy
21-12-04, 17:37
Thats all nice and stuff kk. But how about we get some imps droping?

trigger hurt
21-12-04, 17:39
Listen to yourself for a few seconds.

With 2 or 3 drugs I can have pe defenses and use every rifile in the game...

Ok. So while a pe can have tank defenses with...1 drug, I have to pop 2 or 3 to get near decent resists. You people with your drug to do this, drug to do that need to use your fucking noodles for a minute. Not all of us want to be flashed to hell for 5 minutes after taking a 10 minute drug. But because a few people decide to make their spy's ubar with the inq 1 setup, we all have to fall in line behind them?

I'm a sniper...I don't even wear armor, besides the pa, but my guns are still just as fucking useless now as they were before.

First love. Shit. Doesn't hit nearly as well as cs or judge.

redeemer. lol. this gun shouldn't even be in the game. it's useless for leveling and pvp. only time it's useful is to kill warbots.

pain easer. once was one of the strongest rifles, but it's low tl so it needed a bit of a damage decrease. Now, only useful for rifle pe's and leveling a rifle spy.

ray of god. Another one of those guns that was really good but has now turned into utter crap. If your target is wearing more than a TL 25 shelter, you're fucked. just put the gun away and wait for certain death.

disruptor. slow is all I can say about it. It was good when it had a higher rof, now it's just stupid. it's not even worth using.

the only decent gun left is terminator with explosive mod.

jernau
21-12-04, 17:43
If I wanted a PE I'd roll a PE and thereby have real PE defences not roll a Spy and gimp it to get shitty PE defences even a noob PE could outdo. :rolleyes:

This is OT and old though.....

Seven
21-12-04, 17:45
the only decent gun left is terminator with explosive mod.

Great, I just made a PvP rifle spy last week.

StealthyAssassi
21-12-04, 17:50
Well the whining majority (but I even think its a minority, they just whine a lot louder than everyone else) always gets what they want:
Who had the stupid idea of trippling the number of guards in outzone subway station? Hello? THATS OUTZONE!
And yeah, a rifle is usefull -> NERF!!! (I get killed by monks all the time, OP fights against Lunatic Asylum are mostly monks -> but they are fine how they are...)

Argent
21-12-04, 17:51
The thing about copbot rifle makes me wonder...

Anyway, pretty "quiet" patch overall.

$tormbringer
21-12-04, 18:00
rfl... ya whine bout the hl nerf... know what?... it does 3 dmg less on a wb... and thats with a full burst... so a real big nerf... guys... just stfu if u know nothing -_-

Frotto
21-12-04, 18:00
> - Test Vendor Drones are now Milky Rens

Did I read this correctly?

I spent lots of cash buying Drones for my Droner, and now all I can do is eat them? I have over 500 drones and now I suppose that I have 500 M.Rens. Happy Christmas.

They said from the get go that these things were temporary, and would be removed. You are just lucky that they worked this long after droner theme week. No bitching ok?

shend
21-12-04, 18:12
any one needs a milky ren?
i got loads of 'em :D

Brammers
21-12-04, 18:22
Is there a Patch 123-124 bug thread?

paolo escobar
21-12-04, 18:33
oh and additionally, i can see any of the small mobs. I went to el farid and could only see the legs of the queen, and some moving lines which represented the rank 95 mobs. Now this is all good and well but my GFX had no porblems at all prior to the patch, so can u tell me, what have u fucked up this time??????

Dribble Joy
21-12-04, 18:38
Ok. So while a pe can have tank defenses with...1 drug
Do you actually have a PE or tank?
A PE can with one drug gain about 450 hp and 140 f/x/e, a tank will have 550hp and 180+ f/x/e.
And it doesn't take 3 drugs for a spy to get PE defence.

Tweak does not mean nerf.
People really need to start to realise when something is not right, when something is too powerful (for it's TL in this case).
Except they won't because they don't give a shit about balance, they want what they have to be as powerful as possible and anyone who says other wise is denounced as a 'whiner'.

Spies are borked
Stealth is borked
PPUs are borked
The skills are borked (look at HC/MC atm)

But people don't want it changed, spies don't want to be fixed, people don't want stealth fixed, ppus don't want to be fixed and tanks don't want to loose thier melee shockers.

40$Poser
21-12-04, 18:47
Great, I just made a PvP rifle spy last week.

no worries if you can manage to get use to the slow disruptor fire and get decent with it, it can be rather amusing to pk people with a not so great rifle.

Mr Kot
21-12-04, 19:08
Gameworld:
- Added more guards in the ProtoPharm HQ near the Gene Replicator

erm..... somebody forget something?

or are they just very late back from lunch break?

LTA
21-12-04, 19:41
Tweak does not mean nerf.
People really need to start to realise when something is not right, when something is too powerful (for it's TL in this case).
Except they won't because they don't give a shit about balance, they want what they have to be as powerful as possible and anyone who says other wise is denounced as a 'whiner'.

Nothing really wrong with spies just the rifles in general, pistol wise fix the rolh and judge a little and they are fine.
Riflewise.......

Pain Easer realies on db or 3 hits for full dmg and to buffed its nothing special its low tl but its the best non tech and should be better, effects Rifle Pe's and spies who might have gone low tech.
Termi cant comment much.
Ray Of God.... not exactly rays of a god, used to be fine imo as it was, good for a High Tech pe to aim for and good for spies
Redeemer.... forgot this even existed when nc2 started, a pure mock, it's rng bonus makes it useless needs to be like the Executioner and be tweaked to be better.
Healing Light good as it stood, annoyin that you couldn't see it half the time but with that fix be better.
Silent Hunter, Good as it is imo, but its use severly limited by the clippin range
First love would be great if it hit more since it relies on all packets hittin for max dmg, its a Rifle surely they should have better aiming than a Cursed Soul etc
Disrupter... WTF happened to it lol used to be good a while ago and it got Disrupted (:p) needs to be much higher on the dmg scale since its high anyway.

As it stands rifle spies don't really have much in the way of good weaponary Healing Light gave em something with the SH if the hl is havin stuff dropped to tl, then dissie, fl need improvin

HL and Fire Apoc should also have a tl rise and some lower replacement or lowered a little and some new apu attack added at high tl (ion strike or something lol)

Genji
21-12-04, 20:04
better frame rate...good
CONSTANT crashing in certain areas is fucking crap!

jini
21-12-04, 20:08
It's my view as well. But it has to have a flaw. You can't expect it to aim like a judge...

LiL T
21-12-04, 20:15

Where's Jester?

He is right theres nothing stoping a spy getting great PE like resist with a little work and imagination.

healing light needed a nerf if you could aim it, it was deadly

cool patch

Spermy
21-12-04, 20:37
Healing Light nerfed, don't have time to test it yet, but am sure it's usless now(as we all know "sledge hamer" methods used by kk ). :( Other that that great patch.

Test first - whine later - Just been nuked by one.

Emphasis on NUKED. :lol:

BradSTL
21-12-04, 23:01
FYI: Tsunami faction high security database has two items, the Punisher drone and the Special Rigger Interface. Both use Tsunami construction licenses. (Yay! For once something went right for the Red-Headed Stepchildren!) What did the Dragons get?

Undocumented change: Faction DNS sectors inside Hacknet now have CityCom/Wireless RN terminals in them.

Argent
21-12-04, 23:05
Undocumented change: Faction DNS sectors inside Hacknet now have CityCom/Wireless RN terminals in them.

You really should go buy that new HC-3 eye...

Seven
22-12-04, 00:36

I can't find it, who sells it?

BradSTL
22-12-04, 00:45
Troll. No, you need to log in. I'm not talking about the terminals in the outpost mainframes that are used during outpost hacking, although they look just the same. I very specifically said faction DNS, and yes, they act just like CityCom terminals do outside (or Wireless R.N. terminals if you're on the orange paths), and no, they weren't there yesterday.

[VP]Orion
22-12-04, 00:56
Troll. No, you need to log in. I'm not talking about the terminals in the outpost mainframes that are used during outpost hacking, although they look just the same. I very specifically said faction DNS, and yes, they act just like CityCom terminals do outside (or Wireless R.N. terminals if you're on the orange paths), and no, they weren't there yesterday.
Brad.. It wasnt that he meant. He was playing with you getting a new Eye so you could see that it actually was mentioned in the Patch Notes.

- Added Citycom to Faction DNS

trigger hurt
22-12-04, 02:34
@ bisquick.

Yeah. I have a heavy combat pe. He wears full INQ 4, has excellent NRG/FIR/XRR resists. Poison is a little weak...but he's also got great HLT.

Trust me. Self buffed, I have the defenses of a tank. So, since I can do this, all pe's should follow suit so they can hop on the cookie cutter train too.

epij
22-12-04, 03:07
imho this patch is the end of the droner/hacknet char combo.

without the speed in hacknet you're a sitting duck. and the skillpoints that make you faster are a waste for this kind of gameplay tbh.
think of it : hacknet is pure skill. so wasting 50 CONST and 50 DEX points to gain some speeding is pretty much not what you want.

/me votes for :
Hacknet Speed - 0.4 HCK + 0.4 WPW + 0.2 TC

its a mental thing. so let it base on mental subskills.

Netphreak
22-12-04, 03:10

Its much easier for a PE to use the high end weapons and still have good resists than it is for a Spy to get resists anything like a PE (except xray ofcourse).

@DribbleJoy i'm gonna have to disagree with you abit its takes atleast 2 drugs for a spy to get near PE defenses (Nightspider for the +5 PSI obviously and an STR drug to wear Inq 1 armor).

darkservent
22-12-04, 04:02
Well seems like the patch is good overall except for the imps still not dropping. Now regarding this HL issue and overall rifle issue. Decreasing dmg is good as there has to be a compensation from makin it so much easier to cap aiming and frequency. I have a very very icky feeling that the overall weapon range is gonna get a mass overhall change soon as they wouldnt make all these weapons so easy to cap for the fuck of it.

As for the redeemer, I remember when the damn rifle was so uber back in the OL OL DAYS OF NC. Use to deal out great dmg at close range. But ever since there nerf which i was pissed off at they have been the forgotten breed once like the HL use to be. Unerf the redeemer and the ROG and we'll be fine. As for the FL it is quite effective and my bro has killed many with it before NC2 was released. If ur good with it ur fine but if ur shit its a useless rifle. Well anyways we got the new ION shotgun commin soon so never fear as new bitch is hittin town soon.

Hmm glad to hear abt the fricton in hacknet being fixed. And wots this I hear abt the COPBOTs changing to broken wotever. How did they get back in?

Well looks like there wont be a patch till new years now. Ciao

extract
22-12-04, 04:09
wait a minute, all you people who say it does to much damage for its TL....

so what youre saying is, that its ok for a TL 101 holy lightning to outdamage a TL 110 rifle?

or a TL 105 CS should outpower a TL 115 rifle?

please tell me this is what you are saying

oh god please

Kozmos
22-12-04, 04:31

so what youre saying is, that its ok for a TL 101 holy lightning to outdamage a TL 110 rifle?

oh god please

a TL 105 cannon SHOULD do more damage then a TL 105 rifle, because, well... its a bloody CANNON... Rifles have range, and fast aiming, thats their advantage, plus a CS, you cant snipe with, and the 4 huge breen plasma blobs give away your location, but the healing light... you cant see the laser from the healing light most the time, you just lose chunks of damage, and the healin light has high ROF aswell with a 3 shot burst, which is why it suprassed the silent hunter as the best sniper rifle... you see something wrong there right ?

jernau
22-12-04, 04:35
aRifles have range, and fast aiming, thats their advantage
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the healing light... you cant see the laser from the healing light most the time, you just lose chunks of damage
That's a bug, it has nothing to do with balance. Any sane person would want the bugs fixed not to balance against them.

extract
22-12-04, 07:19
a TL 105 cannon SHOULD do more damage then a TL 105 rifle, because, well... its a bloody CANNON... Rifles have range, and fast aiming, thats their advantage, plus a CS, you cant snipe with, and the 4 huge breen plasma blobs give away your location, but the healing light... you cant see the laser from the healing light most the time, you just lose chunks of damage, and the healin light has high ROF aswell with a 3 shot burst, which is why it suprassed the silent hunter as the best sniper rifle... you see something wrong there right ?

you obviously missed the whole point of my comment...

people are just bitching to bitch, they are trying to give reason for their comments and have no backing, trying to say that it should be nerfed cause it does more dmg than something higher tech level.....

as far as rifles having faster aim, thats a myth, i play a rifle spy, a pistol spy, and a hc tank, and from my experience, nothing has faster aim than the other....

cant see a HL....can u see a SH? and a SH was NEVER a good snipe weapon....its horrible ROF, and the fact that damage decreases over time have never made it a tool to kill unless u shoot first with the SH and then follow up with something else since the SH first hit is always the highest damaging.....

also, rifles may have range, but incase you didnt notice thats never been able to be fully taken advantage of....in fact rifles have about the same usefullness of range that a CS or Rav has.....

if you dont know, betta ax somebody

SorkZmok
22-12-04, 11:47
you obviously missed the whole point of my comment...

people are just bitching to bitch, they are trying to give reason for their comments and have no backing, trying to say that it should be nerfed cause it does more dmg than something higher tech level.....
YOU are just bitching to bitch in every post i read by you today. If you cant accept the nerf, you just loved your overpowered gun. Dont deny it. :)

as far as rifles having faster aim, thats a myth, i play a rifle spy, a pistol spy, and a hc tank, and from my experience, nothing has faster aim than the other....Over range. Its not much faster than some weapons like the rav but it is. And thats their advantage, right? Range?

cant see a HL....can u see a SH? and a SH was NEVER a good snipe weapon....its horrible ROF, and the fact that damage decreases over time have never made it a tool to kill unless u shoot first with the SH and then follow up with something else since the SH first hit is always the highest damaging.....The SH is meant to not be seen. But the HL "stacks invisible damage". Dunno how to really describe it. And lots of it. I had an APU with full PPU buffs go down to 40 health in one second just from one spy sniping me. And it stayed down, no stupid health jumps.

also, rifles may have range, but incase you didnt notice thats never been able to be fully taken advantage of....in fact rifles have about the same usefullness of range that a CS or Rav has.....Simply not true. Ive been playing a rifle spy for ages, then switched to pistols and recently to heavy tank. Rifles are way better at range. Well, not as much as i wish they were as tanks can snipe damn well these days but still, they are best at range.

Engelke
22-12-04, 12:28
Well tbh i cap the rifles i can use with my spy. I am up to reedemer now. The faster aim well i can't see it. PvP yes i tried but well i can't deal any dmg, 1 hit of a fire apoc and i am dead without buffs from a PPU.

As i see it they need to look over to monks too if they want balance. APU's are way owerpowered and i can see PPU's killing APU's with bats and swords. When you roll a noob you can go as APU direct to aggies and dealing good dmg. You can't do that with any other class tbh.

[VP]Orion
22-12-04, 13:05
imho this patch is the end of the droner/hacknet char combo.

without the speed in hacknet you're a sitting duck. and the skillpoints that make you faster are a waste for this kind of gameplay tbh.
think of it : hacknet is pure skill. so wasting 50 CONST and 50 DEX points to gain some speeding is pretty much not what you want.

/me votes for :
Hacknet Speed - 0.4 HCK + 0.4 WPW + 0.2 TC

its a mental thing. so let it base on mental subskills.
Droner/hacknet have NEVER been a viable combo. As a hacknet char you must be pure or accept that you are a wimp in hacknet.

Yes, hacknet speed should depend on hck & t-c. But why do people (actually, think both threads Ive seen are from you) wanna have wpw in it? Its a DRONER skill and have nothing at all to do with hacknet. Simply forget it. Only people that would want that are those that for some strange reason wanna make a gimpy droner/hacknet char.

Marshall1
22-12-04, 14:05
Why are you guys moaning about the imps still not dropping

i thinkits bloody great

i have hard enough time keeping cash everytiome i die i lose like 5k or 7k for my backpack youdiea fewtimes thats a lot of cash and idont tend toget much

im happy with the imps not dropping i think it tend to be only the pkers who seemto want to kill people and get there imps that are moaning about the imp drops i for one hope they keep the imp drop from happeningim having more fun now then when my imps kept falling out

zii
22-12-04, 14:32
Listen to yourself for a few seconds.

With 2 or 3 drugs I can have pe defenses and use every rifile in the game...

Ok. So while a pe can have tank defenses with...1 drug, I have to pop 2 or 3 to get near decent resists. You people with your drug to do this, drug to do that need to use your fucking noodles for a minute. Not all of us want to be flashed to hell for 5 minutes after taking a 10 minute drug. But because a few people decide to make their spy's ubar with the inq 1 setup, we all have to fall in line behind them?

So, why are we paying good money to watch a fuzzy screen for five mins? Its not even entertainment, and isn't that what we're meant to be paying for? Drug flash theme week, please?

zii
22-12-04, 14:34

i thinkits bloody great

i have hard enough time keeping cash everytiome i die i lose like 5k or 7k for my backpack youdiea fewtimes thats a lot of cash and idont tend toget much

im happy with the imps not dropping i think it tend to be only the pkers who seemto want to kill people and get there imps that are moaning about the imp drops i for one hope they keep the imp drop from happeningim having more fun now then when my imps kept falling out

Great fun in an op-war, eh? Imps should pop.

Imps should drop, backpacks should be left on the ground and returned when asked for.

[VP]Orion
22-12-04, 14:49

i thinkits bloody great

Well, since you dont drop imps into a quickbelt, why would PKers mind about this? Its actually the opposite, the PKers can back into action faster now. And its that single reason we want the impdropping bug to be fixed. Now people can come back almost forever during an OP fight. Before this, you only had to kill them and all their alts once and then the fight was over. Now they take forever.

Another reason is that Pokers doesnt have any job anymore. And the the few times you really need a poker you have to look forever for one. Why should people have a poker logged in just to poke one person every second hour? (if you are lucky)

If you loose 5-7k when you die you are high enough lvl to not have to bother about loosing that small amount when dieing. You can easily get that back in 1-2 mins hunting (or less).

LTA
22-12-04, 14:51
No its people who want op wars to end when you kill all the enemy team, not kill them over and over and over cuz they spawn back to the ug and wait for si to wear, least if they need a poke they gotta wait for a imper to get down there and poke em.
Don't mind so much for hunting cuz its better when i die to some stupid bug, on the zone line etc but op wars and general pvp just no.

Drug Flash is needed downside if there was no downside to using drugs then can just pop all the lv 3 drugs, some resist drugs with no downside as it is you take the risk if you wanna do it or not it's up to you.
There for those who wanna go to the next level and supass the normal, as it is its becoming a standard to use em but if you wanna wear battlevest 3 then you don't take drugs its your choice your deciding you dont wanna pop them dont moan theres no defense available because YOU wont take the drugs.
You don't need to fall in line or anything it's upto you the class is laid out for you and its down to you to decide how you wanna play it.
I think bar ppu involvement armour and con is about the most well set thing by kk

extract
22-12-04, 15:17
No its people who want op wars to end when you kill all the enemy team, not kill them over and over and over cuz they spawn back to the ug and wait for si to wear

if they are respawning in the ug after you kill them, that only tells me one thing.....youve got shitty hackers or your not hacking at all....cause last i checked people who dont own an op dont spawn in ug......

extract
22-12-04, 15:21
YOU are just bitching to bitch in every post i read by you today. If you cant accept the nerf, you just loved your overpowered gun. Dont deny it. :)

that is clearly untrue....considering, i havent played my rifle spy in ages......i much prefer my pistol spy, or my apu.....

LTA
22-12-04, 15:43
if they are respawning in the ug after you kill them, that only tells me one thing.....youve got shitty hackers or your not hacking at all....cause last i checked people who dont own an op dont spawn in ug......
whatever skill of the hackers dosent matter, imps should drop, ppl respawnin in the ug is a pain in the ass, even worse with the lone pkers who run around pkin, you sort them and they are back in 5/10 mins.
Theres nothing to fear in the slightest from death, haven't dropped anything thats worth nethin to me in my belt since..... ever

Eventually pokers will be 1 in 100 and you will moan you can't find one when you need your new chip in.... but then bet you have alts to do it anyway but its the principle

Spermy
22-12-04, 16:10

People are less resistant to Psi than energy and ballistics - hence a psi module does that bit more.

Again - A) depends how resist is specced B) It's a heavy weapon - Thats what it is there for! Rifles are stronger in the range and possibly ROF department - as in someone with a tl115 rifle need never be hit by a CS if he uses his noodle!

On the scale of things Tll115 rifle > CS if used correctly.

oh god please

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Spermy
22-12-04, 16:11
that is clearly untrue....considering, i havent played my rifle spy in ages......i much prefer my pistol spy, or my apu.....

Pistol spy in DOY > all

Rifles can't get clear LOS because of the junk around + it's too closely packed to keep a fair range away. Cannons - same deal - have to move around too much to be useful - Apu is fair game - but deffo needs a PPU in clse assaults -

Pistol spy -

Fast - Stealth - good close up damage and rof coupled with constant movement = WIN!

PE - Only useful as an epic whore... Pfft =/

*discards PE*

Bozz-Von Mel
22-12-04, 17:53
not bad patch, :mad: on the HL Nerf. I really miss the game though, sure wish I was able to play.

epij
22-12-04, 18:06
Orion']Droner/hacknet have NEVER been a viable combo. As a hacknet char you must be pure or accept that you are a wimp in hacknet.

Yes, hacknet speed should depend on hck & t-c. But why do people (actually, think both threads Ive seen are from you) wanna have wpw in it? Its a DRONER skill and have nothing at all to do with hacknet. Simply forget it. Only people that would want that are those that for some strange reason wanna make a gimpy droner/hacknet char.

hacknet/droner is viable to me. but i understand that you're unable to look at this issue from a casuals player viewport that does not want to go pure hacknet with this less of game content in hacknet compared to the rest of the world. so even it out to find a combo that works well in both worlds should at least be a goal.

the recent change of running speed in HN makes any non-pure-hacknet char gimpy in hacknet anyway, so why bother.

Zheo
22-12-04, 18:30
Still no Item Tracker, Anti Zone teleporting, nurf of Tazer stun effect, fixed bug of graphic for PE PA 4, chin bug, twisting torso. Still aiming problems with shite loads of guns like CS? when there stats arnt artificat?

Still think ya gotta long way to go before you can call this a "new game" lol Dont really use hack net and nothing in that patch effected me in a good way so d'oh all round i think...

Tostino
22-12-04, 19:55
How can you hack it if they have a non stop stream of ppl that can stop your hacker?

Engelke
22-12-04, 19:55

Well it is easy to defend the OP. You know where the enemy wants to go tbh and there are 2 ways to get there in most OP's. And the hacker can be pure hack if he want to but that don't stop the 10 tanks ripping him appart while hacking if he even get that far. The defending team will spawn in UG wait a min then can go out again and defend. While the attacking team actually has to travel for 2 zones often before beeing back to action.

There was mentioned something about it is good imps don't drop cause of bad economics. Well think of the ppl that had their poker to earn their living. Only few pokers can live of the limited poking need now. I actually deleted my pure TL115 poker cause i don't get money of him so why have him. A tradeskiller who don't earn money only takes op a slot tbh.

[VP]Orion
22-12-04, 21:08
hacknet/droner is viable to me. but i understand that you're unable to look at this issue from a casuals player viewport that does not want to go pure hacknet with this less of game content in hacknet compared to the rest of the world. so even it out to find a combo that works well in both worlds should at least be a goal.

the recent change of running speed in HN makes any non-pure-hacknet char gimpy in hacknet anyway, so why bother.
Ehh.. Since runspeed even in hacknet is made up from only AGL&ATL, its actually people from outside like APUs and such that are the fastest in hacknet. Not Pure hackers (the way it SHOULD be).

Sure. Going 2 ways should always be kinda viable but you should always be a total gimp when compared to someone specializing. If you meet someone like me (175HCK, 150T-C) you simply should LOOSE (unless Im drunk). Without a doubt. Specialization should always make you better in that area than someone dividing the points between 2 professions. Still, you can probably use lvl 3 software and get halfdecent stats on it. And thats as good as it should be (at best) if you get 2 professions instead of specializing. Atleast the droner/hacknet profession allows you to go pure droneimps.

On a sidenote: I actually have a hard time understanding why anyone would be dumb enough to take 2 professions that both require heavy investment into both INT and DEX to be any good. Compare to a droner/cst. There you can dump all DEX exp into RCL and then get some extra exp over to CST since you dont need as much WPW to cap drones. Also, when it comes to CST you have factories.

epij
22-12-04, 21:27
Orion']Ehh.. Since runspeed even in hacknet is made up from only AGL&ATL, its actually people from outside like APUs and such that are the fastest in hacknet. Not Pure hackers (the way it SHOULD be).

Sure. Going 2 ways should always be kinda viable but you should always be a total gimp when compared to someone specializing. If you meet someone like me (175HCK, 150T-C) you simply should LOOSE (unless Im drunk). Without a doubt. Specialization should always make you better in that area than someone dividing the points between 2 professions. Still, you can probably use lvl 3 software and get halfdecent stats on it. And thats as good as it should be (at best) if you get 2 professions instead of specializing. Atleast the droner/hacknet profession allows you to go pure droneimps.

On a sidenote: I actually have a hard time understanding why anyone would be dumb enough to take 2 professions that both require heavy investment into both INT and DEX to be any good. Compare to a droner/cst. There you can dump all DEX exp into RCL and then get some extra exp over to CST since you dont need as much WPW to cap drones. Also, when it comes to CST you have factories.

thats what i meant with your tunnelview m8 :)
i was never talking of high lvl pvp, and of course you'll own my 145hck/85tc char in hacknet, nevertheless i can deal some damage in HN AND outworld, and that's what i was talking about all the time. casual gameplay. not high end pvp 1 on 1's.

still, the HN speed needs to be a hacknet skill based thing.

jernau
22-12-04, 22:20
Orion']Sure. Going 2 ways should always be kinda viable but you should always be a total gimp when compared to someone specializing. If you meet someone like me (175HCK, 150T-C) you simply should LOOSE (unless Im drunk). Without a doubt. Specialization should always make you better in that area than someone dividing the points between 2 professions. Still, you can probably use lvl 3 software and get halfdecent stats on it. And thats as good as it should be (at best) if you get 2 professions instead of specializing. Atleast the droner/hacknet profession allows you to go pure droneimps.I couldn't disagree more.

I want a game that's fun and I want one filled with lots of players. Specialisation has ensured neither of those the case in NC any more.

LTA
22-12-04, 22:46
I couldn't disagree more.

I want a game that's fun and I want one filled with lots of players. Specialisation has ensured neither of those the case in NC any more.
Yeah

specialisation took a big chunk of the fun factor lol
Also stopped many tradeskill/combat chars, like rifle/cst or drone/res since they went pure for better weapon stats :s

[VP]Orion
23-12-04, 03:12
So someone that specialized fully into one thing shouldnt be better at that single thing than someone thats kinda jack-of-all-trades and do several things? Thats about the stupidiest thing Ive ever heard. You should always be able to make a choice, either be really good at one thing and nothing else or to divide my points and be decent in several areas.

Btw. Guess why most servers have more than 1 slot?

extract
23-12-04, 03:15
How can you hack it if they have a non stop stream of ppl that can stop your hacker?

[ edited ]

my hacker has never died mid hack in an op war....and im an op war veteran....there are just some techniques i guess people have to figure out on their own.....

and oh yea

since its the latest fad

TBH

Tostino
23-12-04, 04:05
[ edited ]

Morganth
23-12-04, 04:33
[ edited ]

Yeah. Toastie can beat most players in a 1v1 on his sexy PE. I'd pay to see extract survive 30 secs standing still (as if he was hacking) against Toastie, or myself.

extract
23-12-04, 04:37
[ edited ]

Tostino
23-12-04, 04:48
[ edited ]
Im not talking about dueling... I play a ppu in opwars unless we need a hacker.

Morganth
23-12-04, 10:49
[ edited ]

Funny that you have to get personal when you smell defeat.

Engelke
23-12-04, 11:47
[ edited ]

So when you hack you just assume no one enters the hack room and rips you appart while you hack and can't see whats happening arround you? Do you have some kind of weird matrix skill that makes you dodge attacks while you hack? Cause if you have plz teach me.

Nidhogg
23-12-04, 13:06
Quiet down.

N

jernau
23-12-04, 14:43
Orion']So someone that specialized fully into one thing shouldnt be better at that single thing than someone thats kinda jack-of-all-trades and do several things? Thats about the stupidiest thing Ive ever heard. You should always be able to make a choice, either be really good at one thing and nothing else or to divide my points and be decent in several areas.He should have a very small advantage not a guaranteed win. If I wanted to play Top Trumps then that's what I'd do. The one good thing left about NC is that it's (kind of) an FPS so skill matters.

Doing only one thing all the time sucks. If you were here in the days when this wasn't the case you should know what I mean. If you weren't then try playing one of the successful MMOs as most of them realise that people want to enjoy themselves in game. If you think it's stupid that people don't want to be monofunctional bores then that's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

Orion']Btw. Guess why most servers have more than 1 slot?Because KK made it impossible to even play let alone enjoy the game with only one character.

Jesterthegreat
23-12-04, 14:51

Where's Jester?

i hate you :p

its almost PE defence bar poison resist and slightly lower health

people don't want it changed, spies don't want to be fixed, people don't want stealth fixed, ppus don't want to be fixed and tanks don't want to loose thier melee shockers.

yup. couldnt have said it better myself

extract
23-12-04, 15:25
Im not talking about dueling... I play a ppu in opwars unless we need a hacker.

so wtf are you even chiming in on a topic about hacking at an op war....

Funny that you have to get personal when you smell defeat.

haha funny you should say that, considering im the one who said I havent died hacking at an op war.....

Tostino
23-12-04, 16:53
so wtf are you even chiming in on a topic about hacking at an op war....

haha funny you should say that, considering im the one who said I havent died hacking at an op war.....
I said its very hard for anyone (Unless the defending team has no one on. Which is proly why you say you have never died in a hack :D ) to take ops with the imp bug because the people we fight aloways have 6-8 more people then us and when we kill them they have hardly any down time now so its kinda hard to hack.

extract
23-12-04, 19:27
look its real simple, as long as your not getting zerged to all fuck(which imo is the only thing that makes pvp/op waring pointless) you have all the time in the world to hack

you go, look at the map...."hey lets take this op".....then some people go to citycom and see how many people are online, some will ninja, some will not....

if you got 10 people on, and they got 30.....unless your godlike, or have a reason to die, no point in taking an op...

BUT if you got similar numbers....and you decide to take the op....the first layer, is a given, and if your quick enough so is the second, before any real force comes....

by the time you get to third layer...im sure the opposing force is there fighting....possibly even the second, however, most people gr to ug, and dont all come up right away, as they know its getting AOEd to fuck.....

maybe its just me, or maybe the clan i was in were just better than everyone else, but we never had a problem....then again if your trying to op war with 5 people, yea things can get a bit thin....my only advice to you then is op war with more people.....

but if you got 10+ and the people you are fighting have similar numbers, and you still cant get the hacks in, EVEN with imps not dropping....ill still stand firm on what i said before that got edited

Engelke
23-12-04, 20:27
Well ventrilo is out there you start first layer and 1 dude talks over vent. Then the hole clan logs with even allied clan then you have your 10 ppl and enemy has 30 ppl so hack is impossible to do.

Netphreak
23-12-04, 21:50

i hate you :p

its almost PE defence bar poison resist and slightly lower health

yup. couldnt have said it better myself

Hmm.... i really dont get how you people can call a setup that requires to to be a complete drug whore to get anywhere near PE resists, as being almost the same.
Also on the health side, you call around 360 health compared to around 450-460 health for a PE with who has better resists being close?
Maybe some people think stealth makes up for the downfall in resists but we know it really doesn't due to bugs and the fact that you can still see the haze. Sometimes i think stealth is only useful for getting away to wait out the drug flash from nightspider (i hate drugging but shelter is needed to compete simply as that!

Paradogma
24-12-04, 15:23
and exactly WHAT does all this crap about rifle PE's and Pistol PE's and CRAP have to do with Hacknet ??!?!?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

this is HACKNET week guys... please... STAY FOCUSED

BTW ... to any KK guys out there...... you Nerfed, Munted, Borked, and FUBAR-ed hacknet beyond belief with the MAJOR speed drop.... I am pure hacker, with no points in AGL etc... and i move faster OUT of hacknet than jacked in ?!?!?!? WTF ?!?!?!?

I have 130 Hck, and 120 TC, and i CRAWL IN HACKNET ?!?!?!? sorry... but that SUCKS ASS.

I have to say, that if this is not fixed, I'll be cancelling my account, and will be warning anyone considering joining the game away from it.

PS. you wanna stop "Ninja hacks" inside hacknet ??? dont drop the movement speed.... MOVE THE TERMINAL IN THE OP !!!!!!!!!!!

IE: dont have it JUST inside the door, have it in one of the lower platforms, so you gotta fight your way to it, you know... like the hack point in the real world is.

I mean..... SHEESH... talk about a good way to not have to do any more work on hacknet.... make it unplayable.... yeah... way to go guys.

msdong
24-12-04, 15:29
...PS. you wanna stop "Ninja hacks" inside hacknet ??? dont drop the movement speed.... MOVE THE TERMINAL IN THE OP !!!!!!!!!!!

IE: dont have it JUST inside the door, have it in one of the lower platforms, so you gotta fight your way to it, you know... like the hack point in the real world is.....

just what i thought when i walked to TG(canyon) in HN yesterday....

zii
24-12-04, 20:30
Today I tried to use my drugs for the first time after the patch, and I can't. The same applies to the Milky Rens all my drones turned into. They cant be used either, neither from my QB nor right-click-use from the inventory.

Was this intentional? I hope not.

Jesterthegreat
24-12-04, 20:35
Hmm.... i really dont get how you people can call a setup that requires to to be a complete drug whore to get anywhere near PE resists, as being almost the same.
Also on the health side, you call around 360 health compared to around 450-460 health for a PE with who has better resists being close?
Maybe some people think stealth makes up for the downfall in resists but we know it really doesn't due to bugs and the fact that you can still see the haze. Sometimes i think stealth is only useful for getting away to wait out the drug flash from nightspider (i hate drugging but shelter is needed to compete simply as that!

hmmm...

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6800

:edit: thats a 2 drug setup... if you dont count nightspider (purely for casting shelter) its 1 drug...

eLcHi
25-12-04, 00:07
@Jester

That a function in NeoSkiller i don`t know about or just a lot of cut & paste & paint-prog ?

Jesterthegreat
25-12-04, 00:23
@Jester

That a function in NeoSkiller i don`t know about or just a lot of cut & paste & paint-prog ?

its the "print all tabs" thing in neoskiller...

was from an old version but i assume its in the newest one still

[VP]Orion
25-12-04, 10:54
PS. you wanna stop "Ninja hacks" inside hacknet ??? dont drop the movement speed.... MOVE THE TERMINAL IN THE OP !!!!!!!!!!!

IE: dont have it JUST inside the door, have it in one of the lower platforms, so you gotta fight your way to it, you know... like the hack point in the real world is.
Moving the terminal have been suggested loads of times before. And lowering the runspeed have nothing to do with that anyways. I guess you havnt been protecting OPs or even fighting other players much (if any at all). People moved so fast in hacknet so they teleported around instead of running at other players screens. All due to that the netcode couldnt handle people moving that fast. So.. Instead of fixing the netcode (perhaps just an position/movement update increase would be enough, but perhaps not) they lowered the runspeed.

Why they lowered it this much though... Noone knows. Its working well outside hacknet so why lower it even lower than outside? Well, either KK had their reasons that we dont know about or they simple where too heavy on the sledgehammer again.

On a sidenote, as been said before. Movement in hacknet should be majorly dependending on HCK/T-C.

[VP]Orion
25-12-04, 11:00
Today I tried to use my drugs for the first time after the patch, and I can't. The same applies to the Milky Rens all my drones turned into. They cant be used either, neither from my QB nor right-click-use from the inventory.

Was this intentional? I hope not.
Of COZ its intentional that the milkys doesnt work! o_O

Jesterthegreat
25-12-04, 20:43
Orion']Of COZ its intentional that the milkys doesnt work! o_O

sucks tbh... i wanted to at least eat my drones :p