Darken
20-12-04, 14:53
Since i installed the new omega drivers yesterday i noticed the following bug:

Happens when someone uses raycannon AOE:

Any Ideas ?

I got a Radeon 9600 Pro Club with 256MB

Miss Naughty
20-12-04, 15:32
I got the same thing after I installed the Omega drivers, I'm not going to worry about it though.

Engelke
20-12-04, 15:42
Funny mine does the same thing. Dut it don't effekts other then grafiks so i don't worry so mutch about it.

capt-o
20-12-04, 21:54
It's probably not the card exactly. I get the laser light show bug too after useing the wep extensively. Got it on both my Nvidia cards. 4600 and 6800.

darknessfairy
20-12-04, 22:23
i reckon thats how aoe is SPOSED to look, but no one has managed it til now, the bug is apparently fixed :p

Darken
20-12-04, 22:34
:p

Maybe ye.... wont worry about it just looks weird, but actually i know now when someone uses rayguncannon in zone ;)

HAX ! :P

[PiN]Fluffy
21-12-04, 05:37
Yea darken. Mr.Fluffy gets the same problem. lol lets go blame Xtro now.

Btw love your sig ^_^ so true.

FluFFy

rabidfurball
21-12-04, 05:42
i see that every once in a while, maybe once every 30 shots, with my ati radeon mobility 9700, and i just think its cool :-P

Spanks
21-12-04, 10:46
Why are people so convinced that the Omega Drivers = teh Win? I use just the normal Catalyst drivers and everything works just fine. I really find it hard to believe, that there's an army of professional engineers at ATI/nVidia making the drivers, but some 1337 haxx0r dude in some dark corner can make a better job by "tweaking" the original drivers. Its not hard to make a gfx card to run faster (we all remember the nVidia 3dMark cheat), but you either have to program something better (like better memory handling and stuff) or just give something in exchange (level of detail). I bet Powerstrip or Rivatuner (or regedit ;p) can do just the same, but you have to know what you're doing and when you do, you also know that you're going to get poorer image quality.

Ascension
21-12-04, 10:49
Seems I had that bug, then switched on V-sync in the settings and now it runs all normal ;)

ladyattis
22-12-04, 09:14
Why are people so convinced that the Omega Drivers = teh Win? I use just the normal Catalyst drivers and everything works just fine. I really find it hard to believe, that there's an army of professional engineers at ATI/nVidia making the drivers, but some 1337 haxx0r dude in some dark corner can make a better job by "tweaking" the original drivers.

Remember, they're technically not engineers anymore. I only know of a couple of people that actually attempt to get an Electrical Engineering degree and a CompSci degree paralell since now that most of Electrical Engineering has been subdivided from theories in circuitry and computing in general. Also, claiming the developers of the Omega Drivers are 'Hax0rz' is a bit trite in my opinion, they're programmers like those at ATI they just do it for their own interests.

Its not hard to make a gfx card to run faster (we all remember the nVidia 3dMark cheat), but you either have to program something better (like better memory handling and stuff) or just give something in exchange (level of detail).

Partially correct but there's an error in your views on driver design. The problem with ATI's driver 'Package' isn't the core drivers itself, it's mostly the extra programs that are added to the drivers that bog down the performance of the card. Some of these programs are given a requirement status, meaning that you can't turn them off without XP malfunctioning or some key feature being disabled thus reducing the functionality of the card. That's why I prefer the Omega Drivers for my ATI card over ATI stock, pretty much it's smaller and thusly faster.

I bet Powerstrip or Rivatuner (or regedit ;p) can do just the same, but you have to know what you're doing and when you do, you also know that you're going to get poorer image quality.
Yes but that's not how the Omega Drivers work. I personally have never owned an Nvidia card so I can't tell you how they perform under the Omega drivers but I do know that ATI cards work far better under the Omega set vs the retail ATI set. Also, ATI doesn't give you the tools to overclock as the Omega set gives you without having to add a seperate program that must be activated prior to your OS load. :P

Being I'm a bit of a meany I'll try to be nice and say that it's fine not to run the Omega drivers, but to extoll some virtue on ATI with its drivers is a bit off considering I've owned pre-Radeon ATI cards and have had serious issues with the drivers that ATI developed. In many cases, ATI would make their drivers worse with each patch or advancing version, reducing stability and functionality of the card, forcing me and others to go back to a previous version which also had serious bugs and etc. So I can say in my personal opinion that ATI retail sucks and anything else is better. ;)

-- Bridget

Seven
22-12-04, 09:26
To all, anytime you install new vid drivers, reboot your machine and then re-install DirectX.
It may solve some of your problems.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en

Reefer
22-12-04, 09:51
Why are people so convinced that the Omega Drivers = teh Win? I use just the normal Catalyst drivers and everything works just fine. I really find it hard to believe, that there's an army of professional engineers at ATI/nVidia making the drivers, but some 1337 haxx0r dude in some dark corner can make a better job by "tweaking" the original drivers. Its not hard to make a gfx card to run faster (we all remember the nVidia 3dMark cheat), but you either have to program something better (like better memory handling and stuff) or just give something in exchange (level of detail). I bet Powerstrip or Rivatuner (or regedit ;p) can do just the same, but you have to know what you're doing and when you do, you also know that you're going to get poorer image quality.

Its a know fact and the enineers from ATI even admitted that they were better.

Shadowbreed
22-12-04, 10:28
Damn i miss all the events, when was this disco thingy?

Seriously though, no offense but if ya dun like it use the official drivers..

giga191
22-12-04, 13:39
Seems I had that bug, then switched on V-sync in the settings and now it runs all normal ;)
How do you turn that one? No one will tell me...

Darken
22-12-04, 14:26
Go where you set your resolution then you click on advanced and then you can click 3D ? OpenGL/direct3d ?? and there you can turn on v-sync

giga191
23-12-04, 01:31
Go where you set your resolution then you click on advanced and then you can click 3D ? OpenGL/direct3d ?? and there you can turn on v-sync
Wow now i no longer get lines going across my screen and generally looks better/smoother. Average FPS has dropped tho