PDA

View Full Version : Y substitutes for a vowel

Kierz
20-12-04, 10:25
This is mainly a thread to the dev's.. In attempting to block a lot of names you missed one rule in the english languag which is kinda silly, agreed you are german so it can be easy to not know the english language inside out. If you're using german language rules I'll take that back, not being familliar with german at all I don't know how similar their rules are.

But you have set one rule to not allow 3 constanants in a row, you missed the fact that Y can substitute for a vowel... just thought I'd point that out, not nagging or complaining, it's an easy one to forget :)

BTW any news on when we'll be able to rename..?

Spermy
20-12-04, 11:35
This is mainly a thread to the dev's.. In attempting to block a lot of names you missed one rule in the english languag which is kinda silly, agreed you are german so it can be easy to not know the english language inside out. If you're using german language rules I'll take that back, not being familliar with german at all I don't know how similar their rules are.

But you have set one rule to not allow 3 constanants in a row, you missed the fact that Y can substitute for a vowel... just thought I'd point that out, not nagging or complaining, it's an easy one to forget :)

BTW any news on when we'll be able to rename..?

Hehe - same problem here - As far as I remember you can submit a request to change ONE character name... Not sure if that still applies but if anyone knows who to speak to, post it here please - and yes

Y - Most definitely should count as a vowel in name cases - I can think of very few expletives/slurs where Y is the consonant, and hardly any where Y is the vowel!

CHANGE IT! :p

Xylaz
20-12-04, 12:30
Someone from KK said before that there will be no character name changes.

The rule of "1rename of 1char name per account" was NC1 one only and it isnt valid in NC2.

Which is good imo.

Spermy
20-12-04, 12:58
Someone from KK said before that there will be no character name changes.

The rule of "1rename of 1char name per account" was NC1 one only and it isnt valid in NC2.

Which is good imo.

Damn... Looks like I'm buggered with this name then =/