PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Omega Drivers

RogerRamjet
19-12-04, 15:09
WOHO LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD.

I just d/led them and installed them this morning, log in at Jeriko, and find im running at a constant 166 FPS. Great.

However i went back into the city and zoned about into the sewers and stuff.
Quite often i synched in and had a Yoyo bug (i think) or the FPS went through the roof to like 333 FPS and i couldnt leave the room nor synch up.

Anyone else had similar problems? Just otherwise im going back to my good old drivers that didnt go bananas every once in a while.

Cheers Mush.

Roger Ramjet
Loud And Again Righteous Devotees.
Tangent WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

SorkZmok
19-12-04, 15:15
Enable VSynch.
That might fix it.

Terayon
19-12-04, 15:38
If you have a 9800se, it is a 9800pro with 4 pipelines disabled. When you use omega drivers it will turn it into a 9800pro. The problem is sometimes a GPU wont work properly so ati will disable 4 pipelines and put it onto a 9800se card. You may have gotten one of those. Try running 3dmarks a few times and see how it goes.

RogerRamjet
19-12-04, 16:40
the card is a 9800 pro series.

Whats 3dmarks?

Ach, ive tried to uninstal it, but the little winnet keeps being used even though ive uninstalled the omega driver and reinstalled by old drivers. Any suggestions?

giga191
20-12-04, 03:23
Bit OT but i can't get omega drivers to work at all and I get a blue screen (with writing on) when I reboot after reinstalling

[VP]Orion
20-12-04, 03:35
Giga, perhaps you can find any info about your problem on Omega Drivers webpage. http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Transformer
20-12-04, 06:56
Bit OT but i can't get omega drivers to work at all and I get a blue screen (with writing on) when I reboot after reinstalling
giga. uninstall your current video drivers. ONLY THE VIDEO DRIVERS. i went through 2 hours of hell reinstalling all my drivers...missing drivers....drivers i've never heard of.

darknessfairy
20-12-04, 10:40
giga. uninstall your current video drivers. ONLY THE VIDEO DRIVERS. i went through 2 hours of hell reinstalling all my drivers...missing drivers....drivers i've never heard of.
i uninstalled my gfx drivers and installed the omega drivers yesterday..not a single problem..

a case of nvidia > ati :p

giga191
20-12-04, 12:51
If it works I'm going to hug you. Otherwise.....
EDIT: ok it works :)

spongeb0b
21-12-04, 02:05
as you've probably been told already enable v sync it'll 99% of the time fix that bug ;) and hun nvidia does not pwn ati at all :p

giga191
21-12-04, 16:35
How do you turn on v sync?

spongeb0b
23-12-04, 04:40
go to your display settings / advanced / advanced 3d / 3d... vertical sync is in there you can fidle with it all there