PDA

View Full Version : DoY Tunnel bugs...Gahhhh!

Brammers
18-12-04, 04:46
Right if anyone has done level 3 tunnels, you know how hard they are. Almost harder than MC5. We had 2 PPU's, APU and a spy. (We did have a second APU who left before we got to level 3)

However there was some real odd bugs. First there was a (Friendly to us) MkII Doy Defence bot. That got taken out by the DoY tunnel guards.

After a long battle to clear the entrance area and gain the upper hand, all four of us was all buffed up and ready to take on the next part.

Then all the sudden....WHAM!!!! Everyone including the PPU just dropped dead. Everyone just flatlined, and all of us screaming WTF on teamspeak. And not a mob in sight.

So what is down in the level 3 tunnels that can flatline a whole team? Bugs or some uber super mob?

nobby
18-12-04, 05:34
Über haxing mob :p

Darkener
18-12-04, 05:46
Right if anyone has done level 3 tunnels, you know how hard they are. Almost harder than MC5. We had 2 PPU's, APU and a spy. (We did have a second APU who left before we got to level 3)

However there was some real odd bugs. First there was a (Friendly to us) MkII Doy Defence bot. That got taken out by the DoY tunnel guards.

After a long battle to clear the entrance area and gain the upper hand, all four of us was all buffed up and ready to take on the next part.

Then all the sudden....WHAM!!!! Everyone including the PPU just dropped dead. Everyone just flatlined, and all of us screaming WTF on teamspeak. And not a mob in sight.

So what is down in the level 3 tunnels that can flatline a whole team? Bugs or some uber super mob?

Bring back horrible memorys when me a ppu and melee tank decided to go look for ultima's.

Two hours later about 500 rez's and 3 of us pissed off we left empty handed.

SorkZmok
18-12-04, 06:05
Prolly the new doy bots?
They can spot and hit you from miles away. And they dont care if theres a fucking mountain in the way theyll just shoot you. Then cross the mountain. :(

Is 3rd level much harder than lvl 2? Cause lvl 2 is piss easy. Hell, i went afk down there when i was under fire. :)

Meliglianor
18-12-04, 12:50
i was in the same team as mr Brammers last night nad the flatline actually happend twice w/o any mobs in the vicinity. And the difficulty differance between lvl 2 & lvl 3 is to compare with a normal chaos cave (lvl2) & MC5 in my oppinion. Something has to be done with these ******* tunnels...

Jesterthegreat
18-12-04, 13:45
Is 3rd level much harder than lvl 2? Cause lvl 2 is piss easy. Hell, i went afk down there when i was under fire. :)

someone can go afk under fire in doy tunnels... something killed an entire team in the tunnels withtout them knowing...

h4x :p

er... j/k :angel:

[TgR]KILLER
18-12-04, 14:03
i remember being in the caves a whole night on my apu with r2k.. we did level 1/2/3 and never all of the team died.

another time in level 1 i hacked a bot with my apu when 5 other bots / gaurds were around level 1 is damn easy lol. just gotta stack up on boosters..

giga191
18-12-04, 14:16
It's a bit crap that it's harder than mc5 but u only get ultimas which drop every 20th mob

Brammers
18-12-04, 15:45
Prolly the new doy bots?
They can spot and hit you from miles away. And they dont care if theres a fucking mountain in the way theyll just shoot you. Then cross the mountain. :(

Ok then, why are the new DoY bots down the tunnels and also shooting us, when we are Pro-DoY? Have these new bots got Neutron bomb technology or something? o_O

Level 3 is WAY harder than level 2! As some people said, harder than MC5. Level 1, easy, level 2, once you cleared the area around the ladder is easy. Thats the bit that takes a while, since the mobs call the other mobs for help.

Kozmos
18-12-04, 16:27
*jumps out from the shadows*
*dances the ''lets make everything easy to achieve'' dance*
*hides again*

giga191
18-12-04, 17:21
*hides again*
it's not that easy to do and there's nothing wrong with that but you hardly get anything for doing it

Brammers
18-12-04, 17:26
*hides again*

It took us about 1 hour to get control of the first section of the tunnel, due to people dying loads of times, and crashes. Then the insta-death hit us.

I don't mind things being hard, or putting the effort in to get those hard to get things. But when this thing hits you, you willl be pissed off.

[TgR]KILLER
18-12-04, 17:51
bram.. with what team you went ? :p

because when i was there with iggi (xerox) it wasn't THAT hard sure it took time but that was more about them having alot of hlt.. but we just died 2 times or so.

taking a capped skilled ppu is more valueble then taking a /50 noob one :p

Brammers
18-12-04, 17:57
Few peeps from DoY. Normally it's not that bad, but crashes and long syncs didn't help the PPU's in the early stages.

aelfkins
18-12-04, 22:05
Some times mobs get stuck in the wall(we all know this from aggie missions). If its a DoY bot you just lose alot of health mysteriously. If your not paying attention to you health you just die. :(

Least this is what I've experienced when in there.

:)

Darkana
18-12-04, 22:56
There are several bugs which can cause insta-death. First off the clipping doesn't work like it should, rendering mobs which are too close to walls invisible. Together with no shot animation and the fact you don't expect anything to damage you (read: you don't watch your health closely) you might die out of nothing. Even worse is the bug where mobs actually manage to "wall-hack" and run around off-level. From there they can shoot as far as their weapon range allows, through walls and everything. Another thing I encountered in NC2 as well are partially invisible mobs, one player sees them, another doesn't.

I never heard of a whole party dieing at the very same instant, though :wtf:

james_finn
19-12-04, 02:03
Going back a little while to an incident which happened on Pandore at the start of NC2. I was there (capped PPU) with an apu, tank, spy, and second apu iirc. We went and did the DoY tunnels, and first layer was easy, good exp and ok loot, second layer again easy. And then on the third layer before we jumped in we were talking to Legba the GM for Pandore, concering the fact that the third layer was empty, and we zoned in and then all died mysteriously. One of us just GRd and dm'd legba back asking if he had killed us lol. and he emphatically denied it. But i do remember from NC1 with excursions down there with PIMP (the whole of i.e. 3 capped PPUs) that the third level is extremly hard and i think we retreated (and all died, but thats another story...) lol.

Anyway back to the point i think there are 120/120's down there so maybe a couple had ganged up on you? lol. ora bug.....

Delphi
-Retired: PPU ex P.I.M.P.-

aelfkins
19-12-04, 04:03
Some of the mobs down there have raycannons(AoE) now. Concivabley that could dammage a whole party.

:)

Nvidia
19-12-04, 07:17
Four of us (2 APU, 2 PPU) just blew through 2 Level-3 zones. We must have killed over 100 mobs... NO ULTIMAS!

What the fuck is going on? Where have all the ultimas gone? :(

Xylaz
19-12-04, 11:00
Four of us (2 APU, 2 PPU) just blew through 2 Level-3 zones. We must have killed over 100 mobs... NO ULTIMAS!

What the fuck is going on? Where have all the ultimas gone? :(

hehehe, i've been roaming doy tunnels for like 7 days (min. 3-4 hours daily) - got loads of slotenhancers (all kinds) and not a single ultima. That's like 30 hours of caving... So i gave up and started hunting warbots (200+ warbots and counting: not a single rare...)