PDA

View Full Version : This item cannot be used

sultana
18-12-04, 03:37
Just 10 minutes ago i was at crest village for the proto epic (on my pe). I see a couple of reds who started attacking me. So i go to pull out my libby, it doesn't fucking come out, "This item cannot be used" even after I have NO synaptic impairment and haven't had some for 5ish minutes.

Just annoying tbh.

QuantumDelta
18-12-04, 04:09
That bugs' been around since .....uhm......ever.

Yes, another one on the list of 'to be fixed when we get time' Oo;;;;;

jini
18-12-04, 06:28
Me too, I have experienced the same bug in NC2, but not in NC1. But tbh I have also experienced this, only a handfull of timesmaybe 2 no more and I cannot say I know how it behaves.

Kozmos
18-12-04, 06:44
its to do with implants and synapse, zoning fixes it.

If you require implants to be active and/or PA to be able to use the gun, then it gets a bit k0nfo0zed and doesent work it out properly till u zone, the item lights up but cant be drawn etc...

sultana
18-12-04, 08:28
its to do with implants and synapse, zoning fixes it.

If you require implants to be active and/or PA to be able to use the gun, then it gets a bit k0nfo0zed and doesent work it out properly till u zone, the item lights up but cant be drawn etc...
Well being a pe, course i need implants to be able to use my libby :rolleyes:

I'm with jini on this, never happened to my pe in nc1, maybe a couple of times to my monk but thats it, never my pe. But now it seems to happen every second time i gr 8|

Kozmos
18-12-04, 08:37
Well being a pe, course i need implants to be able to use my libby :rolleyes:

I'm with jini on this, never happened to my pe in nc1, maybe a couple of times to my monk but thats it, never my pe. But now it seems to happen every second time i gr 8|

Yea, was annoying for my spy aswell, basically its caused because implants require implants to activate, same goes for PA etc, so say you have a SA in your PE at 90 dex req, you need 2 implants to make that kick in, it gets a bit buggy, pseudo kicks in asin it lights up and shows the libby can be sued, but it hasnt :S so it doesent let you draw your libby...

SorkZmok
18-12-04, 10:09
Just 10 minutes ago i was at crest village for the proto epic (on my pe). I see a couple of reds who started attacking me. So i go to pull out my libby, it doesn't fucking come out, "This item cannot be used" even after I have NO synaptic impairment and haven't had some for 5ish minutes.

Just annoying tbh.Had the same happen to me. DM me the names of those people please. Thank you.

trigger hurt
18-12-04, 10:21
cast a combat buff on yourself, it will fix it.

or, zone.

[VP]Orion
18-12-04, 11:46
or relog....

Jesterthegreat
18-12-04, 13:44
this shit (which has indeed been ingame for years) is why my PE takes 4 drugs when he could theoretically survive on less.

KK cant manage to progream boni / req's properly so i have to be a drugwhore to stop relogging / rezoning every 5 mins

[TgR]KILLER
18-12-04, 13:54
never randomly had that bug.. pretty much the only times i had it is after dieing in chaos caves and being rezzed and having to zone to fix it..

Jesterthegreat
18-12-04, 13:55
KILLER']never randomly had that bug.. pretty much the only times i had it is after dieing in chaos caves and being rezzed and having to zone to fix it..dieing / gring / lomming...

anything that stops the game calculating your stat boni can cause it

[TgR]KILLER
18-12-04, 13:59
still i only had it in crp caves as far as i can remember... every damn time i died when recapping my PE.. tho that was like 1.5 years ago :p

giga191
18-12-04, 14:17
wow a bug in nc? never! :rolleyes:

Tikuto
18-12-04, 15:16
:wtf: :wtf: :o O_o :D o_O :mad: :( :confused: :cool: :lol: ;) :) 8| :rolleyes: :p :angel:

jini
18-12-04, 16:43
I rephrase for this bug. I have found a pattern sultana for it. I'm a h-c pe and my main is the TPC. some of my implants when they blackout say, after a lom or a GR or something, then I need a to take a beast for everything to light up and stay lit. I have noticed that strangely even tho the drug itself help light the implants it doesnt account in the end result. In my case, even I have lit all my str implants, the end result doesnt show the +5 str from the beast. Ofcourse when you zone everything is properly showed (+5 str from the beast). This never happened in nc1 as far as I know

sultana
18-12-04, 17:48
Though thats the thing, on my pe I do take 2 drugs, though i can play on none, no drugs means i have a libby and no haz. should have 96 dex when I don't drug (sa, sf, and experimental reflex 4). Eer, btw, that was meant to mean I don't take anydrugs to make my implants work. I guess ill just have to pop a red or white after every gr from now on =/ Or before even.

*Dazz*
18-12-04, 18:05
I've had that problem with spy in PA3 and pe in PA4 for ages...Oh and when I get rezzed my armor plays stealth and I have to zone to get it back....

Jesterthegreat
18-12-04, 19:16

wow a constructive post on the nc forums? never! :rolleyes:

Dr Strange
18-12-04, 20:48

It's not a bug, it's a feature

Mr Kot
18-12-04, 20:59
There's a different kind of bug that's new to NC2. Being in hacknet knocks out all your imps together and leaving hacknet makes all your imps kick in together.

Unlike SI wearing off, which is a gradual process causing imps to kick in one at a time and correctly, a trip in hacknet causes the game to totally miscalculate when all imps attempt to kick in together. Not only does my SA not show up, but by balanceadvancer 3 doesn't either. Yet my SF (higher requirement) does :wtf: Even when i add up the bonuses from all the imps that show as working, it doesn't match the stats i have in the F5 window. It's like the addition is all wrong and it has ignored half the imps in my head.

Zoning and relogging does fix, but not every GR in the world is close to a zoneline or dungeon.

aelfkins
18-12-04, 21:49
I've had alot of success with taking my PA off, then putting it right back on. It seems to fix that bug.

:)

giga191
18-12-04, 22:01
wow a constructive post on the nc forums? never! :rolleyes:
hypocrite

jini
18-12-04, 22:11
There's a different kind of bug that's new to NC2. Being in hacknet knocks out all your imps together and leaving hacknet makes all your imps kick in together.

Unlike SI wearing off, which is a gradual process causing imps to kick in one at a time and correctly, a trip in hacknet causes the game to totally miscalculate when all imps attempt to kick in together. Not only does my SA not show up, but by balanceadvancer 3 doesn't either. Yet my SF (higher requirement) does :wtf: Even when i add up the bonuses from all the imps that show as working, it doesn't match the stats i have in the F5 window. It's like the addition is all wrong and it has ignored half the imps in my head.

Zoning and relogging does fix, but not every GR in the world is close to a zoneline or dungeon. Well this is not it.
There is/was an effect since way back in nc1.
Lets say that you needed dex 100 to light up your PA
But your overall dex level with all the brain implants is 95
The PA once lit gives you this +5 that you miss to get it lit. So, it all boils down to the question: what was first? the chicken laid the egg or the egg raised the chicken? Surprisingly kk helps us in this situation and permits you to light up your PA by just relogging (no need taking drugs). However this is not happening in the HN situation. I sence a bug here but it was with us since forever and it's not that of a big deal. There are more important bugs to take care of

Obsidian X
18-12-04, 23:07
On a similar note, has anyone had this one?

Say I'm waiting to use STR 90 PA, and I have 88 STR with all implants etc considered. So if I pop a Thyronol (+3 STR) I can wear my PA, and when the drug wears off, the PA carries me up to 90, meaning I can wear it after drugging. This process obviously needs repeating after SI from GRing etc. Sometimes however, if I use this technique, then GR, I'm physically wearing my PA (i.e. my tank is running round in it) but I'm not getting any of the benefits of it and its not lit up (usually happens after GR trip, then zoning while SI is recovering.)

Mr_Snow
19-12-04, 01:41
On a similar note, has anyone had this one?

Say I'm waiting to use STR 90 PA, and I have 88 STR with all implants etc considered. So if I pop a Thyronol (+3 STR) I can wear my PA, and when the drug wears off, the PA carries me up to 90, meaning I can wear it after drugging. This process obviously needs repeating after SI from GRing etc. Sometimes however, if I use this technique, then GR, I'm physically wearing my PA (i.e. my tank is running round in it) but I'm not getting any of the benefits of it and its not lit up (usually happens after GR trip, then zoning while SI is recovering.)

Its a glitch that your avatar shows your PA as on when its not, just relog and it will be working again.

Theres also a avatar bug when you die with PA that you have to drug/relog to get on that it doesnt show as on while it is.

Sultanas bug is as old as I have been playing and I normally only get it on my PEs or levelling chars where you have to drug or relog to get the imps in or just barely meet the reqs and sometimes the client shows imps as working but they arent really.

retr0n
19-12-04, 02:24
I use gloves, they have proven most usefull in boosting imps/pas for spies &
pe's after a gr or whatever... They are dirt cheap nowdays aswell so nobody
should have a problem getting one.

- Primate

Jesterthegreat
19-12-04, 11:15
I use gloves, they have proven most usefull in boosting imps/pas for spies &
pe's after a gr or whatever... They are dirt cheap nowdays aswell so nobody
should have a problem getting one.

- Primate

usefull for the 2 classes you stated... poor tanks and monsk though :p

sultana
19-12-04, 11:35
Hmm, well I don't use pa on my pe, back in nc1 your avatar looked a hell of a lot more cooler without it one :lol: , not so much in nc2 though :rolleyes: Guess I'd better start stacking up on the red/whiteflash... or carry a glove round.