PDA

View Full Version : Female PA intrigue

Dribble Joy
16-12-04, 17:52
Seminus (head of the art team) posted a bunch of stuff in the german (original) female PA thread.

I have no idea if it is even worth the bother, but given the art dept.'s activity of late, who knows?

Anyone able to transbabble?

---------------------------

wenn ich wüsste mit welchem programm KK arbeitet könnt ich mich ma dran versuchen hab erfahrung mit cinema4d, 3dmax, maya liese sich einrichten ... aber ich bin prinzipiell auch an neuen herausforderungen intressiert ... also wenn man mal von offizieller seite erfahren kann mit was ... dann kann ich mich ma dran versuchen

zur not auch per PM aber das intressiert mich schon länger

Wir haben gerade letzen Monat die neuste Version von 3DsMax erhalten (also V7). Eigentlich ist es aber total schnuppe mit was für einem Tool wir arbeiten, wofür gibt es den tolle exporter zwischen den einzelnen Tools...

Logout...

@n3o
Welche PA hast Du vor umzusetzen und welchen Polycount gilt es denn anzustreben? Mein Lightwave will gepflegt werden und vielleicht hab ich über die Feiertage auch etwas Zeit. Zwei Models sind besser als eines

Also bevor ihr loslegen wollt beachtet bitte, dass die Dinger nicht über 1500 Polys abkriegen und nicht mehr als 3 * 512² Texturen haben dürfen. Sonst wird das nix
Zudem kann ich euch für gar nix garantieren was Neocronimplentierung der allfälligen Models betrifft.
Will sagen: Ich will euch von eurer Kreativität nicht abhalten (im Gegenteil es freut mich zu sehen wenn Leute kreativ werden), kann aber auch nicht garantieren das wir sie einbauen können. Falls aber wirklich brauchbare Ergebnisse dabei rauskommen, werde ich mich gerne dafür einsetzen. Mehr kann ich leider Momentan nicht für euch tun.

Also viel Spass beim werkeln

Logout...

Okay, danke für die Info. Aber, hey, 1,5k Polycount tripled ist echt wenig Dafür sehen die bestehenden Models echt gut aus, wird schwer da ranzukommen.

@n3o
Perfekt, die Monk PA will ich eh nicht machen

hehehe...
Naja die TankPA hat sogar nur knapp 900 Polys. Damals waren die Grenzen die uns Grafikern gesetzt wurden noch grösser. Naja mit 1500 kannst du schon viele schöne runde Dinger machen

Logout...

oder man schiesst übers Ziel hinaus und sagt dem coder "mach das der geht" wie beim Phönix CPU nicht wahr Simon .

Die Polys waren bei der CPU nicht das Problem... Da haben sich ganz andere Abgründe aufgetan

Logout...

-----------------------------

Anything of interest?

eLcHi
16-12-04, 17:54
I`ll try to translate it

Spermy
16-12-04, 18:01
Something about it not being possible due to polycounts I think.

eLcHi
16-12-04, 18:02
wenn ich wüsste mit welchem programm KK arbeitet könnt ich mich ma dran versuchen hab erfahrung mit cinema4d, 3dmax, maya liese sich einrichten ... aber ich bin prinzipiell auch an neuen herausforderungen intressiert ... also wenn man mal von offizieller seite erfahren kann mit was ... dann kann ich mich ma dran versuchen

If i knew what program KK uses i could try ... i have experience with cinema4d, 3dmax, maya but i`m generally open to new challenges ... so if i can hear something official i could give it a try

Wir haben gerade letzen Monat die neuste Version von 3DsMax erhalten (also V7). Eigentlich ist es aber total schnuppe mit was für einem Tool wir arbeiten, wofür gibt es den tolle exporter zwischen den einzelnen Tools...

-> They got the most recent version of 3DsMax (Version 7) last month, but if you would ask him he doesn`t care what tools they use because that`s what the export-functions are for

Welche PA hast Du vor umzusetzen und welchen Polycount gilt es denn anzustreben? Mein Lightwave will gepflegt werden und vielleicht hab ich über die Feiertage auch etwas Zeit. Zwei Models sind besser als eines

What PA you want to do and what kind of Polycount should be followed ? My lightwave wants to get taken care of and during the x-mas season i would have some time. Two models are better than one

Also bevor ihr loslegen wollt beachtet bitte, dass die Dinger nicht über 1500 Polys abkriegen und nicht mehr als 3 * 512² Texturen haben dürfen. Sonst wird das nix
Zudem kann ich euch für gar nix garantieren was Neocronimplentierung der allfälligen Models betrifft.
Will sagen: Ich will euch von eurer Kreativität nicht abhalten (im Gegenteil es freut mich zu sehen wenn Leute kreativ werden), kann aber auch nicht garantieren das wir sie einbauen können. Falls aber wirklich brauchbare Ergebnisse dabei rauskommen, werde ich mich gerne dafür einsetzen. Mehr kann ich leider Momentan nicht für euch tun.

Before you start modeling please note the following: The models must not exceed over 1500 Polygons and no more than 3 * 512² Textures. Also he can`t guarantee an implemetation in Neocron.
He doesn`t want to hold you back on your creativity (on the contrary, he likes when people get creative) but he gannot guarantee that the models will get implemented. If there is some useable results he will plead to get them implemented. He cannot do more at the moment. And he wishes everyone to have fun beeing creative ;)

Okay, danke für die Info. Aber, hey, 1,5k Polycount tripled ist echt wenig Dafür sehen die bestehenden Models echt gut aus, wird schwer da ranzukommen.

Thanks for the info, but hey, 1.5k polycount tripled (???) is really low. For that the existing Models look astonishing, would be difficult to beat that

hehehe...
Naja die TankPA hat sogar nur knapp 900 Polys. Damals waren die Grenzen die uns Grafikern gesetzt wurden noch grösser. Naja mit 1500 kannst du schon viele schöne runde Dinger machen

The Tank PA has only about 900 Polygons. Back in NC1 the limits enforced on the gfx-designer were more restrictive. And with 1500 Polygons you can do many round things.

oder man schiesst übers Ziel hinaus und sagt dem coder "mach das der geht" wie beim Phönix CPU nicht wahr Simon .

Or you go over the limit and tell the coder "MAKE IT WORK" like with the Phoenix CPU, right Simon ?

Die Polys waren bei der CPU nicht das Problem... Da haben sich ganz andere Abgründe aufgetan

The Polygons weren`t the problem with the CPU ... they discovered other critical problems.
-----------------------------

Not a word-by-word translation but you will get the meaning ... (look above)

-> If you`re skilled at modeling / skinning you may feel free to create contend for neocron, they just cannot guarantee that it will be implemented.

That`s the basics ...

naimex
16-12-04, 18:07

Logout...

Last month we got the newest version of 3D studio max (version 7). It doesnt really matter what program we use to do our job though, because the programs are so good at exporting the work we do.

Logout...

Before you get all winded up about this, remember that the things/models cant be more than 1500 polygons, and cant have more than 3 * 512² textures.
Besides that, I can´t guarantee that the models can/will be implemented.

I will say: I won´t keep you from your creativity (it actually makes me happy to see when people get creative). But I can´t guarantee that we can use them. But maybe we can use it as inspiration, and make something out of it, I would like to be on your side. Unfortunately I can´t do more for you at this time.

hehehe...

Logout...

hehehe... Well the tank pa only has about 900 polygons. So their expectations to/the limits they give us graphics guys are a bit higher.

Well, with 1500 polygons you can make quite some nice round things.

Logout...

The polygons are not a problem with the CPU... It´s a whole nother reason.

That´s about the best I can translate it.

netster
16-12-04, 18:11
nvm me

eLcHi
16-12-04, 18:12
Now we got 2 versions, i hope thats enuff :P

And Naimex made the same mistake ... quoting doesnt include quoted text so i forgot to translate a whole lot of stuff ;)

naimex
16-12-04, 18:13
Now we got 2 versions, i hope thats enuff :P

And Naimex made the same mistake ... quoting doesnt include quoted text so i forgot to translate a whole lot of stuff ;)

I didnt think it was important.. lol..

anyways, I like your translation better.

Dribble Joy
16-12-04, 18:13
Cheers peeps.

Somewhat interesting, at least we know that KK are slightly more willing to consider customer concieved artwork and ideas.

Spermy
16-12-04, 18:20
*Get's the hell on max*

I'm f**king sick of those FA turrets. They look Awful!

I'll whack some stuff up later :)

So limitations -

cant have more than 3 * 512² textures.

cant be more than 1500 polygons

Nothing about Exportable File types at the mo - And whether it should be rigged or not...

Hrrm.

Any Art Dept wanna clear this up a bit?

Dribble Joy
16-12-04, 18:21
Only 3D package I have any clue about is I-DEAS (CAD-CAM proggeh).

naimex
16-12-04, 18:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3o

zur not auch per PM aber das intressiert mich schon länger

If only I knew what program KK used, I could try to make something. I have experience with cinema4d, 3dmax, maya. *something*...
But I like new challenges... *something* ... then I could give it a try.

if needed you can tell me by PM, I would rather do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieherz
@n3o

what PA do you have, and which polygon count should we go for? my lightwave will be *something* and I might have some time in the holidays. two models are better than one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiherz

@n3o
Perfekt, die Monk PA will ich eh nicht machen

Okay, thanks for the information. But hety, 1500 polygon count times three is really more than enough, thats why the current models look so great *not sure on this translation* Gonna be hard to get to that value.

Perfect, I don´t want to make the Monk PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandark

*No idea what that says*

Cant translate this better than this.... it just looks weird to me when i read it...

Terayon
17-12-04, 03:07
Hope no one minds if i post a thread on some concept art someone made.
This is the thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=120073)

That and i would love female pa. but would rather they worked on somtihng else. And besides that i dont think chars have info on sex stored realy. Its just a head, and body. Therefore i dont know how pa would determine sex. THen everyone could just buy female pa and wear it.

Dribble Joy
17-12-04, 03:08
That was the thread I took the posts from ^_^.

Anyway, nothing wrong with people wearing female PA as a man.

naimex
17-12-04, 03:08
That´s the page we are discussing Terayon :rolleyes:

Terayon
17-12-04, 03:11
Thats what i thought but there wasent a link so i posted one.

and ya dribble i dont have any problem with it either... im just wondering how many people would...

QuantumDelta
17-12-04, 04:13
btw for reference sake those guys who were complaining about polys;

http://www.waycoolpages.com/originorder/newhecate4.jpg
http://www.waycoolpages.com/originorder/newhecate3.jpg
near to 4500 polys.

eLcHi
17-12-04, 10:29
@QD

That good or bad ? :)

netster
17-12-04, 11:06
lemme forrrce to bad grafx to gain more fps :P
elchi ... perhaps u can convert the q3 conf for it? :D

naimex
17-12-04, 13:17
@QD: Whats that model you posted from ? and what is it :confused:

netster
17-12-04, 14:26
looks like a starship to me :confused:

Vanten
17-12-04, 14:41
Nice one!, i think it's a hovertech. But with 2 seats and one hell of an engine

Jesterthegreat
17-12-04, 14:43
Nice one!, i think it's a hovertech. But with 2 seats and one hell of an engine

its a ship from the game QD played before nc (and prolly still does now)

i never remember the name though... Freesomething?

Maester Seymour
17-12-04, 14:59
Wow! Only just seen that concept art. They are proppa neat :D

its a ship from the game QD played before nc (and prolly still does now)

i never remember the name though... Freesomething?

Freespace? :)

Zefrian
17-12-04, 17:45

*No idea what that says*

that can't be translated exactly. Let's try this:

"... or you'll overshoot the mark, and then you'll say to the programmer "make THIS working!"; It's like 'Phönix CPU', isn't it, Simon?"

Mr Kot
17-12-04, 19:00
The male PE PA already gives us manboobs :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
18-12-04, 04:07
Oops, 4500 with turrets.
Turrets up the poly's fairly significantly.

And yes, it's good.
That ship doesn't look it because it's not ingame, obviously models are fairly deceptive, but it's modeled to be about 3x2km ;)

And it's the "Standard" carrier type vessel (they call them destroyers, though they actually fill cruiser/aircraft carrier roles), in the sequel to FreeSpace :p

Jesterthegreat
18-12-04, 13:38
Freespace? :)

thats the one :p

*Dazz*
18-12-04, 17:54
Thats what i thought but there wasent a link so i posted one.

and ya dribble i dont have any problem with it either... im just wondering how many people would...

That tank PA is SEXXEH......