PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or have they nerfed the rare drop rate ?

Masentaja
16-12-04, 07:34
Man, when I started NC2 with newly transfered characters, I started to rare hunt with my spy. And now, compared to that time, when I first hunted, seemed like the rare drop rate was much bigger.

Nowadays when I hunt I need to kill like 20 wb's before finding any good amount rares, usually I get 5-7 parts within 3 hours of hunting, what am I doing wrong ? At the first times when I started hunting, I found MUCH more rare parts.

And please, not the urban legends (raise your cbrank, remember to jump twice and turn around 360 degrees beforee hacking) :D

SorkZmok
16-12-04, 10:06
Sometimes it seems to be crap but after hunting for quite some time now, i say the droprate is fine. Sometimes its one part in 10 WBs, sometimes its 4 parts in 3 bots.
I just wish there was more loot diversity. Getting the same shit over and over again, no matter what mobs you kill is so damn boring. :(

Seven
16-12-04, 10:11
Sometimes it seems to be crap but after hunting for quite some time now, i say the droprate is fine. Sometimes its one part in 10 WBs, sometimes its 4 parts in 3 bots.
I just wish there was more loot diversity. Getting the same shit over and over again, no matter what mobs you kill is so damn boring. :(

That and the same mobs over and over is so boring.

Maybe the art dept. will make some cool stuff after the Holidays.

Dr Strange
16-12-04, 10:28
how about changing the diablo-syndrome mobs? one level 5 mob is the same damn model as a level 80 mob just a slight change in color or size....

SorkZmok
16-12-04, 10:58
how about changing the diablo-syndrome mobs? one level 5 mob is the same damn model as a level 80 mob just a slight change in color or size....
At least they got the slight change in color or size. :lol:

Capt. Rik
16-12-04, 13:38
Drop rate is (iirc) also dependant on how many other players are in the same zone as you. Can't remember which way that influences the rate tho

Morganth
16-12-04, 14:06
I think the drop rate is fine at the mo. Been getting 1 part per WB and 2 per WBT on a good day. Got 4 Ts in a Titan 2 days ago too :p

I find if I don't get a tech in the first few bots, relogging usually corrects it. This might be because NC uses a hidden luck value when it comes to tech dropping, or this could be complete bullshit.

Jesterthegreat
16-12-04, 14:29
personally i would love rares to be rare :p

Terkantia
16-12-04, 15:44
I ahven't noticed any changes.

I don't hunt rares much . . .

I know, I know, not a lick of help from me.

O_o

Vanten
16-12-04, 15:49

Personally i would like them to BP:able just like the rare drones, and the old one-item drop when player killed restored. Tradeskiller would have more to construct/research and combat would be more rewarding. And losing your weapon wouldn't be to hard on you.

Tidus_Origin
16-12-04, 15:58
When ur rare hunting, you dont get that much of a choice. Its either WB/WBTs or fire mobs. That's pretty much it. So you can either do:

kill WB, hack WB, get no parts, kill WB, hack WB, get no parts, kill WBT, hack WBT, ooh, look! a T part!, kill WBT, hack WBT, get no parts...and so on.

or, you can do...

kill grim, loot grim, no parts, kill grim, loot grim, T part, shoot at grim, kill grim, suddenly die when there's absolutely nothing around you for a 5 mile radius, GR back to where you were...repeat as necessary.

IMO, KK should make more mobs that drop rares. I mean, killing WB/WBTs at the MB or BD isn't that much different from killing WB/WBTs at Gabanium mine. And dying in 2 hits when there's nothing there @ the CRP isn't that much different than fighting against 2 CS-wielding tanks, an APU and a PPU as a spy while damageboosted.

Anyway, back to the topic. I think the rare drop rate is a little too low. Although rares are meant to be rare, there should be enough rares dropped to actually give constructors something to build.

djskum
16-12-04, 17:54
Rare drop rate sux IMO...

Needs uping...

Deej

Masentaja
16-12-04, 22:34
Guess I have to count on that voodoo thing then, jump twice and turn 360degrees before hacking, and remember to think as many L parts in my room as possible, maybe raregod will be pleased then! :O

Or guess it's just my damn typical luck not to find enough :wtf:

giga191
16-12-04, 22:39
They need to give useful loot to mobs such as swamp warriors, spider queens and hoverbombers especially

CMaster
16-12-04, 22:49
My gunner found a tech part in this ugly 95/95 thing we killed in the desert near DoY too.

Dirus
16-12-04, 22:55
IMO, KK should make more mobs that drop rares. I mean, killing WB/WBTs at the MB or BD isn't that much different from killing WB/WBTs at Gabanium mine. And dying in 2 hits when there's nothing there @ the CRP isn't that much different than fighting against 2 CS-wielding tanks, an APU and a PPU as a spy while damageboosted.
There is 50 Mobs set to drop Tech Parts.

kevz
16-12-04, 22:58
the drop rate is fine tbh :angel:

Seven
16-12-04, 23:18

50 :confused:
In the game now or in future patches?

Jesterthegreat
16-12-04, 23:21
My gunner found a tech part in this ugly 95/95 thing we killed in the desert near DoY too.

in general *** mobs drop techs. not always true though.

if the "ugly mob" was a dinasaur type thing then it was a decayed brute/ horror

Tidus_Origin
16-12-04, 23:48

50?! Well, there goes my last post's relevance. *sound of my last post's relevance going out the window*

Brammers
17-12-04, 00:54
I've noticed the drop rate on firemobs has been poor. Got nothing for hours then 2 or 3 parts at once.

And 50 mobs that drop rare parts? I can thing of at least 10 mobs, maybe 15 including boss mobs....but 50...nah!

giga191
17-12-04, 00:58
I've noticed the drop rate on firemobs has been poor. Got nothing for hours then 2 or 3 parts at once.

And 50 mobs that drop rare parts? I can thing of at least 10 mobs, maybe 15 including boss mobs....but 50...nah!
He didn't mean 50 different mobs, he meant that he went around the J zones counting all the WBs that he could see

garyu69
17-12-04, 01:17
MC5 Guard
MC5 Base Commander
Terror Leaper
Terror Raptor
Grim Perc
Grim Chase
Doomreaper
Decayed Horror
Decayed Brute
Hoverbot
Hovereye
Giant Hoverbot
Giant Hovereye
Giant Hover bomber
Giant Hoverstation
Big Hoverbomber
BigHovereye
BigHover station
Scorpion Queen
Malfunctionaing STORM
Warbot
Warbot Titan
Y-rep Commander
Y-Rep soldier
y-rep another one i can't remember

Ha. 25 i can think of. Must be poison mobs out there that drop too, but i can't think as i don't hunt poison mobs :s
i reckon there must be 50 then, considering it is every individual mob.

Xylaz
17-12-04, 02:08
probably a bad luck but... i've been hunting warbots from 2 days now, killed around 100-200 warbots so far and not found even one rare...

Morganth
17-12-04, 02:23
probably a bad luck but... i've been hunting warbots from 2 days now, killed around 100-200 warbots so far and not found even one rare...

Thats very bad luck. On my rifle spy if I had killed that many WBs then I would have around 150 techs, lol.

jernau
17-12-04, 03:11
MC5 Guard
MC5 Base Commander
Terror Leaper
Terror Raptor
Grim Perc
Grim Chase
Doomreaper
Decayed Horror
Decayed Brute
Hoverbot
Hovereye
Giant Hoverbot
Giant Hovereye
Giant Hover bomber
Giant Hoverstation
Big Hoverbomber
BigHovereye
BigHover station
Scorpion Queen
Malfunctionaing STORM
Warbot
Warbot Titan
Y-rep Commander
Y-Rep soldier
26. Doom Harbinger
27. Malfunctioning STORMbot
28. Apparition
29. BloodViper King
30. Crystal Cave Queen
31. Kri'nakh Shamen
32. Hoverstation
33. Leaper
34. Flame Chaos Queen
35. Larent Hovercraft :p
36. MC5 bot - low
37. MC5 bot - medium
38. MC5 bot - high

Then there's the Juggernauts and the DoY tunnel mobs.
What about the big Sandworms/Hazard Worms? (I know they used to but not checked in a while)
Are Big Hoverbot and Big Hoverstation still in?
Also - I thought Y-Reps got left behind in NC1.

I'm sure there are 50 but that does include boss mobs and some that are hardly common spawns and maybe don't spawn at all. Considering the size of the map though I'd say there are plenty of options.

QuantumDelta
17-12-04, 03:18
Haz's do.

btw, you've doubled up on some of his items.

Hoverstation
Big Hoverstation

"Leapers" drop?

HackNet Mobs maybe? No idea?

jernau
17-12-04, 04:01
"Leapers" drop?
I believe so, but not often.

Doh on 2xSTORMbot - should have checked closer.

Some of the Hovers and Worms don't spawn at all any more I believe and possibly a few of the fire mobs are the same.

BradSTL
17-12-04, 08:47
OK, then I'm just obviously having a long run of unspeakably bad luck. I don't run around hunting rares, but Warbots and Warbot Titans have spawned on top of my hacker character at the bunker ten times since I rerolled. Not one rare part, not one implant. In that whole batch, the closest things I got to valuable items were two armorpart 10s, one WP10, and one WP8. Everything else was just lousy 75 to 300 credit per piece junk. I've pulled loot at least as good, at least as consistently, off of 75/75 Terrormaulers.

Capt. Rik
17-12-04, 10:54

Out of curiosity, what is your character's rank? I'm sure there's a sweet point in rank that gives you more loot. Too high means very little loot i think. O_o

Xylaz
17-12-04, 11:20
Out of curiosity, what is your character's rank? I'm sure there's a sweet point in rank that gives you more loot. Too high means very little loot i think. O_o

Its high indeed, i'm a rifle spy so its usually around 79-82, but unless they changed it in nc2 - it shouldnt be that much of a problem. In NC1 i used to hunt warbies with a rhino which give around 80 rank to a tank and still got loads of parts, at every run. But now... I'm a little confused.

Capt. Rik
17-12-04, 12:42
Its high indeed, i'm a rifle spy so its usually around 79-82, but unless they changed it in nc2 - it shouldnt be that much of a problem. In NC1 i used to hunt warbies with a rhino which give around 80 rank to a tank and still got loads of parts, at every run. But now... I'm a little confused.

tbh, i can't remember - it's just a gut feeling from an old NC1 discussion. I'll have a hunt around the old threads and see if i can find some more info

giga191
17-12-04, 12:46
Could people post their rank and then on average how many rares they get from WBs

Capt. Rik
17-12-04, 12:50
Here's an old thread discussing the drop. Seems about a 50/50 split between views that drop rate is pure luck or there is a formula behind it...

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=68657&page=1&pp=15&highlight=drop+rate

In particular, look at neophotographers post on page 3 ;)

LTA
17-12-04, 13:17
MC5 Guard
MC5 Base Commander
Terror Leaper
Terror Raptor
Grim Perc
Grim Chase
Doomreaper
Decayed Horror
Decayed Brute
Hoverbot
Hovereye
Giant Hoverbot
Giant Hovereye
Giant Hover bomber
Giant Hoverstation
Big Hoverbomber
BigHovereye
BigHover station
Scorpion Queen
Malfunctionaing STORM
Warbot
Warbot Titan
Y-rep Commander
Y-Rep soldier
Ha. 25 i can think of. Must be poison mobs out there that drop too, but i can't think as i don't hunt poison mobs :s
i reckon there must be 50 then, considering it is every individual mob.Flame queen, Apparition, Shamen, Viper King, Doom Harbinger, Batqueen, Mc5 Low, Med, High Security bots, not sure if the scout units do, hazard worms.

On warbots my tank with a speedgat (46/5something) gets about 1 part in 5/6 wbs

Nikabolokov
17-12-04, 14:33
On my HC pe , using revealer. Rank 55/45

2 out of 3 wb have rares, roughly. about 20 % have 2 or more rares in.

BradSTL
18-12-04, 00:58
OK, I changed my hunting pattern and my luck went up. Droner using MR-1000 drones, rank 51/38 I think. Today's run of about eight or nine warbots turned up three Ts and an E, and a bunch of high level armorparts that were worth good money. What am I doing differently? Soloing. I got a cheap bike (in case somebody blows it up while I'm hacking) and have been driving around looking for Warbots I can pick off away from the insane crowds at the Bunker.

One of the nine was fairly close to the Bunker, and a 40ish combat rank tank with some kind of gatlin cannon jumped in. I still had max damage, but when I opened that one it had nothing but cheap junk in it, maybe a quarter of what the other ones had. This leads me to wonder if it has less to do with the combat rank of the people attacking it than the total incoming rate of damage. Is it possible that if they die too fast then the rares evaporate, regardless of combat level?

Capt. Rik
18-12-04, 19:22
It's definately related to the damage you cause to the mob. If you lure WBs to the CM faction guards and let them do all the damage, when you hack it open there will be jack all in there

Jesterthegreat
18-12-04, 19:24
It's definately related to the damage you cause to the mob. If you lure WBs to the CM faction guards and let them do all the damage, when you hack it open there will be jack all in there

not always.

im thinking it depends on many things that kk dont intend to tell us.

LTA
18-12-04, 19:33
Think the rank of the highest damger to the mob affects the loot, since guards are 120/120 and prolly out dmg you most of the time the drop is based on a 120/120 rank which is basically gonna be sweet fa

quickpick
18-12-04, 21:18
Seems to me if i use my tl 100 ion drones i get a drop about every other wb. If i use a punisher it takes up to 10 wb's to get a drop. rank 79/53. It isn't very reliable though. The droprates for me last about an hour like this, after that no matter what drone i use it takes more and more wb's to get techs.

t0tt3
18-12-04, 21:34
10 techs each hour is good IMO... shouldnt be 1 - 4 techs in each mob you drop.... Go hunt when there is more then 3% on the server...

Saito Hajime
19-12-04, 00:53

Nothing personal but that makes me wonder how many rares you already have :)

IceStorm
19-12-04, 03:21
There is 50 Mobs set to drop Tech Parts.And of those, how many:

Respawn at a decent rate, like Warbots
Can also be killed while solo hunting, like Warbots
Don't require a sizeable portion of the server population to kill, like Warbots

50's all well and good on paper, but Hazard Worms, Hover mobs, and Decayed mobs respawn once in a blue moon. Zones with solo-huntable Percs respawn the Perc rarely - Percs are mainy for leveing off their 66/66 child spawns, like Hazard worms. Neither mob's offspring spawn children that drop rares. The other Fire mobs like to kill people without being visible. The rest require constant PPU support and often large groups of people to hunt. Large groups of people hunting on Terra? Terra's been hovering at 10% the past two days I've played. What, is 50% of the server supposed to split up into five teams to go hunting rares for several hours, ignoring the other 50% screaming for pokes, repairs, research and construction?

There are very few feasable options for hunting rares solo, and I should know since I hunt solo. Only a few more options are added to that if you hunt with a small group (2-4 people). Either the mobs don't respawn in a timely fashion, or there are too many in an area to make hunting feasable (20 to 40 80/80 and ups on your ass makes for a quick death).

personally i would love rares to be rareWhatever. They're called rares because the name stuck, not because they're supposed to be rare items.

QuantumDelta
19-12-04, 10:37
Whatever. They're called rares because the name stuck, not because they're supposed to be rare items.

He is correct.
I would prefer rares to blatently not be rares because then people wouldn't cry like twats about belts or crap.

Jesterthegreat
19-12-04, 11:20
Whatever. They're called rares because the name stuck, not because they're supposed to be rare items.

they arent called commons either...

points cancel each other out? its not up to you (or me) to decide the drop rate.

personally i would love them rare... imagine a new server, all new chars, only 5 of each rare on the server, no safeslot, random item drop from QB.

early retail rules pretty much... be careful where you use that rare :)

IceStorm
19-12-04, 13:46
points cancel each other out? its not up to you (or me) to decide the drop rate.I don't have a problem with the current drop rate. I also have a stack of Rares from Pluto and few characters that are at a level where they can use rares.
be careful where you use that rare Why would I care? All 16 of me have LEs.

hegemon
20-12-04, 03:34
For what it's worth. Here are my numbers from todays hunting on my 64/57 rifle spy.

26 warbots, 19 warbot titans, 9 decayed brutes, 13 decayed horrors.
5 E parts, 7 T, 1 L

It was mostly in Gabanium and the sectors around.

Seven
20-12-04, 04:10
For what it's worth. Here are my numbers from todays hunting on my 64/57 rifle spy.

26 warbots, 19 warbot titans, 9 decayed brutes, 13 decayed horrors.
5 E parts, 7 T, 1 L

It was mostly in Gabanium and the sectors around.

That's horrid. :(

extract
20-12-04, 04:24
That's horrid. :(

not really, thats about 20% drop sounds "rare" to me

LiL T
20-12-04, 09:03
Drop rate seems fine to me been hunting fire mobs quite a few parts dropping had one drop a T and an L in he same mob

tiikeri
20-12-04, 09:05
_o/

1) 33 tech parts in 2 hours.
2) day later , 8 techs in 2 hours.

Same zone, same CR, same everything - exept the loot..

Seven
20-12-04, 09:21
_o/

1) 33 tech parts in 2 hours.
2) day later , 8 techs in 2 hours.

Same zone, same CR, same everything - exept the loot..

That's good info, maybe after 30 minutes to an hour if the drop rate is bad, relog or try another time.
Seems as random as slots.

tiikeri
20-12-04, 12:20
Seems as random as slots.

Sounds good to me. I was really amused by the way techs dropped on my first time.. jumping up and down on my chair. And the funniest thing was, there was many other peeps hunting at the zone, and they together didn't get near as many parts as i did.

hegemon
20-12-04, 16:16
Just a very short hunt today, will do more later. 12 WB, 11 WBT, 6 DB, 7 DH - 4 E and 4 T.

It seems consistent. One part per 5 mobs. Doesn't matter if the servers are full or not. Only difference from yesterday is that my rank is 66/57 today.

Yes, it is horrible, a few weeks ago I was pulling in 1 part per kill on average. I must be doing something wrong. I have the same problem on my conster, I've built over 1k tl3 heals and the best I've gotten was a 4 slotter and only one (and I dropped it in my belt a few minutes later).