PDA

View Full Version : Crazy ingame issues startin . . .

Terkantia
16-12-04, 02:23
So, a clan mate of mine took the GR today while on his const. When he got to his destination, he was a PPU! Spells, skills, PA and all. His inv of bp's, newly created stuff, gone.

Finding an NPC that wasn't Busy, gettin real tough, esp in the weapons (Boobs N Guns, etc.) dept in the Dome.

Loggin in and gettin the no cash, SL, anything else bugt happening now everytime I log in.

Something is getting worse and worse. I dont know if it is the db side, the communication side or what. But to me, not to put it out there, something is starting to come apart . . .

Anyone else seeing weirder than normal stuff goin' on???

MkVenner
16-12-04, 02:34
ive seen a few disconcerting things...nothing as bad or weird as what ive seen on Saturn or Uranus tho

Yelly
16-12-04, 02:41
Those bugs are not new at all
They happend now and then
Just relog again and you will be just fine

Obsidian X
16-12-04, 02:58
I got synched into someone else's apartment, attacked, and died at the bottom of the elavator. Then I repped back to my appartment after death and dropped dead at my apartment Genrep too. Sad thing is, I've seen far stranger things happen O_o

Mr Kot
16-12-04, 03:01
I was shitting myself the other day when i was on my apu.

All was normal for about an hours hunting. After i became heavy with loot, i limped to a gogo to dump some stuff..... GOGO EMPTY!!!! apart from a crappy 0-slot holy fire barrel....that i don't even have.

Relog solved the problem, but for that few moments its the worst feeling in the world to see all your precious stuff gone :(

Seven
16-12-04, 03:24
Made some blueprints last night, put them in the cab, logged my constructer to make them and they were gone. :confused:

Icewalk
16-12-04, 03:39
Logged on one day to find various BPs of different types of items, like Marine and SF chips, in my Gogu. Also had a 5 slotted electric tempest. Funniest part of this is when my other account got banned for me supossibly logging on someone elses account, when I zoned and I zoned into HIS account. *Shrug* Can't pass up the opportunity for free 5 slotted CS and crap, espically if he could be on MY character?

Obsidian X
16-12-04, 04:57
Logged on one day to find various BPs of different types of items, like Marine and SF chips, in my Gogu. Also had a 5 slotted electric tempest. Funniest part of this is when my other account got banned for me supossibly logging on someone elses account, when I zoned and I zoned into HIS account. *Shrug* Can't pass up the opportunity for free 5 slotted CS and crap, espically if he could be on MY character?

That happened to me once, I ended up with someone else's Gogo (full of slotted rares) when I made a nib tank in NC1, back in the day. All the stuff disappeared on relog and I got my old crappy stuff back. Most of the more bizarre NC bugs correct themselves on relog. I remember my Marine turned into a pair of pants too, and I nearly chucked them accross Plaza before realising what had happened. I've also heard of cases when people have eaten their MC5s, CSs etc that have turned into Medkits or Milky Rens O_o

wombat74
16-12-04, 05:36
That happened to me once, I ended up with someone else's Gogo (full of slotted rares) when I made a nib tank in NC1, back in the day. All the stuff disappeared on relog and I got my old crappy stuff back. Most of the more bizarre NC bugs correct themselves on relog. I remember my Marine turned into a pair of pants too, and I nearly chucked them accross Plaza before realising what had happened. I've also heard of cases when people have eaten their MC5s, CSs etc that have turned into Medkits or Milky Rens O_o

I had something similar - I was helping a friend transfer some stuff while I was recycling WP8's for our RES-CST team. I was on -50ish weight from all the WP's, gave my friend his laserblade II for his tank and then couldn't recycle anything. When I relogged I had a laserblade II in my processor and no recycle tool in my inventory. Lucky he was still on and I could grab his tank to take some of my weight off me lol.

hegemonic
16-12-04, 09:28
Just yesterday I stealthed my spy in my apt, GR'd to Plaza1 (while stealthed) and wound up in Hacknet's NEXT Database looking like myself but wearing a baseball bat (I don't own a baseball bat). I got killed by a NEXT hacknet mob (I am FA) and wound up back in my apt.

I've seen worse though.

SorkZmok
16-12-04, 10:05
Logged on one day to find various BPs of different types of items, like Marine and SF chips, in my Gogu. Also had a 5 slotted electric tempest. Funniest part of this is when my other account got banned for me supossibly logging on someone elses account, when I zoned and I zoned into HIS account. *Shrug* Can't pass up the opportunity for free 5 slotted CS and crap, espically if he could be on MY character?If you synch into someone else and try to take away his stuff, after relogging you will foind out it was yours. A friend once synched into some other guy, threw away some of that guys QB just to find out that he lost away his beloved rare. :D (Among some other of his items)

Its nice to look at other peoples stats though, even if you can only guess who you might be. ;)

And i dont think you can zone into someone elses account. You just get the char data mixed up. Thats all.

Bugs Gunny
16-12-04, 10:32
I've been getting the bad synch bug a LOT last night.
Last night i log in, start walking, turn into a pe, end up in TH.
Few hours later i become a PPU, all buffs (which don't work btw) and i end up at racetrack with a max of 595 health but it only goes up to 430 and constantly ticks down as i slap on heals.
Then i turn into a PPU again, end up at el farid gr without SI.
Time to do the server maintenance i think.
And if it's not that i suggest KK changes the name of the game to

CHAMELEONCRON, become whoever you don't want to be in this dangerous virtual cyberpunk world.

netster
16-12-04, 11:18
all this happened to me in nc1+2 .... so i dont see much updates on the game itself. normal relogging (multiple times of the sync-/blacksync-problems) helps than.

Nidhogg
16-12-04, 11:40
If you synch into someone else and try to take away his stuff, after relogging you will foind out it was yours. A friend once synched into some other guy, threw away some of that guys QB just to find out that he lost away his beloved rare. :D (Among some other of his items)
That's like that Red Dwarf prison where every bad thing you do gets reflected back at you. Justice served. I think that's my second wished for bugfix (after log-in permasync).

N

ArgieD
16-12-04, 11:56
I got synched into someone else's apartment, attacked, and died at the bottom of the elavator. Then I repped back to my appartment after death and dropped dead at my apartment Genrep too. Sad thing is, I've seen far stranger things happen O_o

How dare you openly discussing exploits in the forum? Yes, it is a Constitution exploit this one. You know very well that it IS possible to die just by GRing and you still chose to take your chances. Shame.. :)

Spermy
16-12-04, 14:12
Well... At least no one's screamed Rollback yet.

Meh - I hardly ever get synchs now -

<------ Is a lucky boi.

Jesterthegreat
16-12-04, 14:23
That's like that Red Dwarf prison where every bad thing you do gets reflected back at you. Justice served. I think that's my second wished for bugfix (after log-in permasync).

N

Justice world?

and i would love permasync to go... its not even only at zonelines, i randomly get thrown into a sync on my apu. always when fighting a dev tank or something! stationary APU vs dev tank only has 1 outcome :(

Miss Naughty
16-12-04, 14:25
I logged my ppu the other day to find I had 87 million credits. Couldn't spend or transfer any though. Relogged and found I really had just 3k. :(

It's like having a really good dream and then you wake up to your usual miserable life. Gutting. ;)

Jesterthegreat
16-12-04, 14:27
I logged my ppu the other day to find I had 87 million credits. Couldn't spend or transfer any though. Relogged and found I really had just 3k. :(

It's like having a really good dream and then you wake up to your usual miserable life. Gutting. ;)

heh... wont be long til money is worthless anyway

Omnituens
16-12-04, 14:30
That's like that Red Dwarf prison where every bad thing you do gets reflected back at you.

N
Justice World. Good episode.

Space Mumps :lol:

Terkantia
16-12-04, 15:35
I've been getting the bad synch bug a LOT last night.
Last night i log in, start walking, turn into a pe, end up in TH.
Few hours later i become a PPU, all buffs (which don't work btw) and i end up at racetrack with a max of 595 health but it only goes up to 430 and constantly ticks down as i slap on heals.
Then i turn into a PPU again, end up at el farid gr without SI.
Time to do the server maintenance i think.
And if it's not that i suggest KK changes the name of the game to

CHAMELEONCRON, become whoever you don't want to be in this dangerous virtual cyberpunk world.

Yeah, thats what I'm sayin. Things are far wiered, more often now.

And that does give me cause for pause.

And someone else (Spermy, I think) said rollback . . .

Please, say it ain't so. I really don't wanna get hit with that one. I have been very lucky thus far with that . . .
:angel:

Spermy
16-12-04, 16:31
Yeah, thats what I'm sayin. Things are far wiered, more often now.

And that does give me cause for pause.

And someone else (Spermy, I think) said rollback . . .

Please, say it ain't so. I really don't wanna get hit with that one. I have been very lucky thus far with that . . .
:angel:

NO! NO NO NO!

Well... At least no one's screamed Rollback yet.

Pls don't associate my name with rollbacks. It's annoying. :rolleyes:

Tidus_Origin
16-12-04, 18:28
Justice World. Good episode.

Space Mumps :lol:

lmao. great episode.

"Talk about a weight off your mind!" :lol: :D

Might go watch it later...

(back to the topic)

I've only had 1 sync-into-someone-else bug. I synced from my lv 35 (at the time) hybrid into a lv 13 PE with an archer rifle and a load of medkits. Relogged and fixed it.

Most regular bugs for me are the zero-cash/symp bug, the perma-sync bug and the sync-into-someone's-apt bug. Its hilarious explaining to someone that you got into their apartment via a syncbug... :D

Terkantia
16-12-04, 20:33
NO! NO NO NO!

Pls don't associate my name with rollbacks. It's annoying. :rolleyes:

I ddint mean to imply you made a reference to their being a roll back or that their will be . . .

Just that you brought it up is all . . .

;)