PDA

View Full Version : Gaaaaah! Stupid Droner Faction Sympathy Bug!

BradSTL
16-12-04, 00:46
If a player character dies in any zone at the same time that a drone is being fired, anywhere in that zone, it can be all the way the other side of the map, then the drone gets blamed. If the two are allied or neutral, then the drone's owner takes both a soul-light and a faction sympathy hit.

This bug is as old as Neocron beta 4, survived Drone Theme Week, and shows no sign of going anywhere.

Today, however, I got bit by it hard. I was leveling my droner/engineer character at the Military Base all day, and got bit by it twice in one day. That's unusually bad luck. But it gets worse. By sheer bad luck, both times the dead player was apparently a CityMerc. Now I'm at -35 faction sympathy with the CityMercs, and the whole Military Base is off limits to me. I'm KOS with the guards. This really blows, considering how many specific weapons and implants are only available to us Domers at the Military Base. I've got an alt that can do my shopping for me, but dammit, I wasn't done using the Bunker yet.

Now that it's in red territory, if memory serves, it'll be hundreds of hours online before it drops back to yellow. Am I correct in assuming that the GMs will give me no help, even though I obviously didn't PK anybody (being LE chipped) and could hardly have killed a CityMerc guard with my TL70 drone, let alone two of them, never mind that I never fired the drone anywhere within clipping-plane-range of a CityMerc guard all day?

And assuming that the GMs can't help me, anybody have any advice to offer? By sheer bad luck, the faction in question has only one enemy: one of my allies, the Twilight Guardians. (Frying pan, fire.)

Freaky Fryd
16-12-04, 00:50
Try filing a bug report in-game...the worst they can say about your request is "no"

SypH
16-12-04, 01:25
Same happened to me only with TT sympathies. I was hunting in El Farid, but the confusing things was I was totally alone. I know for a fact that there wasnt a soul there when I took my first soul light and faction sympathy hit. A GM did come to speak to me about it (Im sorry I forgotten your name nice helpful GM helpdude;)) and said he would look into it, apologised for the problems and that was the last I heard of it. I still have gimpy pro city factions though=/

Terkantia
16-12-04, 02:16
There is nothing for them to fix, in their eyes. Nothing is tracked or can be proven, from the users standpoint.

It isnt a simple as somreone in the same zone your droning in dies. I don't know all that is involved in it, but allies have died in the same zone I am droning in (same area, as a matter of fact) and I ahven't taken a hit from that.

@ MB when I would get hit, it was from shooting someone allied and they would at some point die whiel at the bunkers. Then I'd take the hit. Same in lvl 4 street in DoY.

Jesterthegreat
16-12-04, 14:44
It isnt a simple as somreone in the same zone your droning in dies. I don't know all that is involved in it, but allies have died in the same zone I am droning in (same area, as a matter of fact) and I ahven't taken a hit from that.

yeah... its unconsistant :(

:edit: rolled a droner for theme week... hes lommed out of drones already. shame really

Crest
16-12-04, 15:13
This explains a few things too...

Got an LE dronner and every now and then I get a negative SL

Terkantia
16-12-04, 15:38
yeah... its unconsistant :(

:edit: rolled a droner for theme week... hes lommed out of drones already. shame really

For shame, for shame . . .

I don't think I could ever LOM my droner, I absolutely LOVE droning. My next fav wouyld have ot be tank . . .

Darkana
16-12-04, 21:07
Well, that's just one of the droner bugs, although can be a very annoying one. To speak figuratively: They put warning signs and redirections at the dangerous locations, but you can still run into them from an unforseen direction.

Anyway, I had the very same problem back in NC1 already. Got hit twice or even three times in the wastelands sectors and the CM guards had some fun shouting and shooting at me :(

I enqueued a help ticket and somewhen later I even got a DM from a GM. Unfortunately I was afk at this very moment, so when I came back the GM was gone already. I decided to screw it, and later than sooner the CM faction symp "healed" itself up again.

But then I never really leveled in this area, I just used to hunt some warbots (or they hunted me). Find some other leveling places, there are many around (including TH level 3 cores, perfect when you can hit the big rooms with the turrets).

Tantta
16-12-04, 22:27
This happends with soulcluster too thought.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/thantos/Kuvia/Client%202004-11-26%2001-18-30-81.jpg
good picture about when i have LE in and still losing sl.

i just started new charter spy droner.. in two days i have lost my sl 6 times now so ahm.. what's going on? :wtf:

Disable sl/symp lose with le in.

Tantta (Thantos)

Jesterthegreat
16-12-04, 22:42
For shame, for shame . . .

I don't think I could ever LOM my droner, I absolutely LOVE droning. My next fav wouyld have ot be tank . . .

i still have my *** droner... but i wated to drone lots to test it.

perma fucked sl and symps (on an LE'd droner ffs...) meant i got bored after theme week and lommed him

Brammers
17-12-04, 00:01
Yeah I've been hit several times with this bug - made a long post about it in the Themeweek forums. http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=118817

This buug is getting annoying as I keep nuking my FS, and also my SL. Maybe there will be a day I can keep 100 SL for more than 2 days. :/

Tantta
17-12-04, 07:37
i just started new charter spy droner.. in two days i have lost my sl 6 times now so ahm.. what's going on? :wtf:

8 times now

wombat74
17-12-04, 07:40
Twice yesterday for a newly LOMed droner for me. I never realised how much the city loved those Aggressor Captains...