PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about pistols

superfresh
13-12-04, 21:58
What's the story with low tech pistols vs. TC -

I've made a pistol spy and have been using a Sunblaster or whatever. I borrowed a friend's liberator and now notice that when I shoot my stamina plummets badly. After about a clip and a half my character is ready to faint.

I noticed the same thing when using a Pain Easer on a rifle spy. Are lowtech weapons more for classes with higher CON/Endurance? And is this sort of thing what "handling" is all about?

Dribble Joy
13-12-04, 22:04
I suppose it's an advantage of speccing the TC needed for the TC weapons.

Mr Kot
13-12-04, 22:07
I think the theory goes like this:

Low tech pistols don't need T-C, so more points can be spent in P-C and AGL. Low tech spies / PEs rely on their speed to avoid being hit and they can afford this.

Having more agility means they can lom more athletics in CON, freeing up points for resists and of course, endurance. Possibly an antigamma chest can be sacrificed for an experimental or even a bat queen chest given one's better resists.

As for handling, i think this only affects the amount of recoil that a lowtech ballistic weapon gives. Ever tried sniping with a libby at its limit of range? Handling and weapon lore affect this. Not sure if it affects stamina usage though, i've never experimented with this. I suppose drugs and PPU buff could be used to boost weapon lore to compare.

QuantumDelta
13-12-04, 22:20
The theory goes like this;

The lib is borked.
It has been for ye.....wait.

As it always has been.

BaBa
13-12-04, 22:37
In the old time of pistol Tank used many players low-tech and none-tech weapons to leveln. And now pistols are only for Spys…I miss the time who you can setup a PC-Monk or a PC-Tank. I would more possibly setups for my chars.

naimex
13-12-04, 22:38
In the old time of pistol Tank used many players low-tech and none-tech weapons to leveln. And now pistols are only for Spys…I miss the time who you can setup a PC-Monk or a PC-Tank. I would more possibly setups for my chars.

im using a pc tank atm.. im doing great with it..

pure lowtech tho.

SigmaDraconis
13-12-04, 22:39
Tech Weapons are generally higher TL allowing better damage if you cap them, whereas lowtech weapons are at the lower end of the spectrum (when dealing with rares) making them easier to cap(freeing up RC/PC and TC points for a more flexible setup) albeit having lower potential damage**. You're asking about the stamina though, that's just another trade off you make with all lowtech weapons, they drain stamina rather quickly, I'm guessing it has something to do with the expenditure of energy it takes to hold an archaic ballistic weapon steady compared to the lower recoil of energy(hightech) weapons.

**Theoretically anyway, charactor setups, and inherent class weaknesses can still make ballistic(lowtech weapons) do more damage to a certain char than a hightech weapon of similar level. On top of that the balance of the weapons system in this game is still a little out of whack :D

BaBa
13-12-04, 22:43

pure lowtech tho.

Unfortunately, you char is very rare in Neocron. I had delete my PC-Tank for 1.5 years.

MoschMongo
13-12-04, 23:11

pure lowtech tho.

same here - fullcapped Pistol Tank @ mars

libbi and devourer @ fullcapp all stats - consuming 3 drugs to make the steup work :/

Though - without a PPU saving your ass u are just a gimped PE - i didnt have to many opfights yet, but its great for hit and run in City Areas - you are fast and furious ^^

Though - if you want to go hardcore PvP dont get a pistol tank ^^

Ill be loming back as soon as the new rares are ingame :D

BaBa
13-12-04, 23:14
same here - fullcapped Pistol Tank @ mars

libbi and devourer @ fullcapp all stats - consuming 3 drugs to make the steup work :/

Though - without a PPU saving your ass u are just a gimped PE - i didnt have to many opfights yet, but its great for hit and run in City Areas - you are fast and furious ^^

Though - if you want to go hardcore PvP dont get a pistol tank ^^

Ill be loming back as soon as the new rares are ingame :D

I would fight vs. you. Can we meet us? I'm often in the crahn church.

Crahn with you.
Protector

naimex
13-12-04, 23:16
im only at about 44 or 45 base dex atm on my tank..

but i can use a rapidfire so far.

when im capped i can either go Wyatt Earp or Liberator.

just have to change 1 implant.

no mc5 chips needed and no drugs needed.

BaBa
13-12-04, 23:18
im only at about 44 or 45 base dex atm on my tank..

but i can use a rapidfire so far.

when im capped i can either go Wyatt Earp or Liberator.

just have to change 1 implant.

no mc5 chips needed and no drugs needed.

But Wyatt Earp need T-C and as Tank you haven't enough in this skill...

MkVenner
13-12-04, 23:18
yeah i got fed up with the libby, just couldnt get it too...well...work....using a judge now, 1% from capping aiming, but i feel slow as fuck....

naimex
13-12-04, 23:20
But Wyatt Earp need T-C and as Tank you haven't enough in this skill...

Wyatt Earp is a lowtech tl 88 dex 1 shot at a time pistol.

BaBa
13-12-04, 23:31
Wyatt Earp is a lowtech tl 88 dex 1 shot at a time pistol.

But I quote MkVenner:

yeah i got fed up with the libby, just couldnt get it too...well...work....using a judge now, 1% from capping aiming, but i feel slow as fuck....

naimex
13-12-04, 23:32
But I quote MkVenner:

actually you had me quoted when you said it..

anyways, to be honest I donīt think MKV is a tank.

Xian
13-12-04, 23:34
Once I get a new libby (oh how I love defending myself against allies), I'll be sticking to it. I got fed up with the Judge being sucked up by holy shelter.

MkVenner
13-12-04, 23:34
a tank i am not, well...i have a tank, but hes not pistols lol

i can rectify the run speed by dosing up on some redflash....but i have this strange dislike of drugs hehe

BaBa
13-12-04, 23:35
actually you had me quoted when you said it..

anyways, to be honest I donīt think MKV is a tank.

I don't know it. A tank with a Erap is very slowly. You need to many Dex points for T-C. But PC-Tank is shit since AGL/ATL balancing.

naimex
13-12-04, 23:37
I don't know it. A tank with a Erap is very slowly. You need to many Dex points for T-C. But PC-Tank is shit since AGL/ATL balancing.

well i have 90 atl with imps, and i get about 40 or 44 agl in total with imps..

i sure aint slow.. but I could be a lot faster.

so itīs not so bad.

BaBa
13-12-04, 23:38
i can rectify the run speed by dosing up on some redflash....but i have this strange dislike of drugs hehe

HeHe.

Have you skilled H-C? Thy when you can change the weapon between CS and Libie you are overpowert :)

BaBa
13-12-04, 23:43
well i have 90 atl with imps, and i get about 40 or 44 agl in total with imps..

i sure aint slow.. but I could be a lot faster.

so itīs not so bad.

I think for a Tank is speed very important.

naimex
13-12-04, 23:46
I think for a Tank is speed very important.

you have to remember its a pistol im running with, not a cannon.

im way faster with my pistol out than my hc tank is with his cannon out.

Spermy
14-12-04, 00:21
Just back on topic a sec.

TC weapons have little or no recoil.

Low techs have a lot.

Anyone whos fired a gun will know recoil over time makes you bloody KNACKERED.

:)

There ya go.

Dribble Joy
14-12-04, 03:31
Anyone whos fired a gun will know recoil over time makes you bloody KNACKERED.
Ever tried a GPMG?
It's like having a 12 bore at 600rpm firing into your shoulder, fucking kills.
Thank god the belt I had was only 200 rounds.

MoschMongo
14-12-04, 10:39
my pistol tank is as fast as hell - thats the only reason i still play with this setup ^^ i get ~110agl by imps/buffs/drugs and bout 60ath or so - this setup is kinda funny vs the monk armys you are often cronfronted with on mars - you now are even faster than thos no aim bastards and cann ripp off their pants as soon as they get antibuffed - well dont wast ammo before that - take the devourer instead and burn theit ass with posion :D

Never had so much fun with my tank ... I never gonna skill agl on any char again - its all about the drugs guys :D

naimex
14-12-04, 11:33
I hate drugs...

itīs means of activating implants and armor, and nothing else...

thats how i use it anyways..

I get heavy drugflash after each drug, every time... in other words, if one drug goes, i get flash and then im dead for sure.

after about 4 or 5 drugs the drugs dont even take away the flash anymore, then i just get insta flash and am even more flashed.

and its just so expensive to keep eating drugs...

thats why i dont do drugs.

MoschMongo
14-12-04, 13:05
well ur not supposed to fight endless with drugs x_X

I have a timelimit of bout 30mins before the hardcore flashing starts - though if u forgett to eta drugs during the fight your done for anyways ^^

Ill post some OP-Fight pistol/Devourer tank experiences soon - if somone wants to duell me on mars pm me or IG mail @ "MoschMongo" :/

/mosch

*ready to lomm back to HC in a few hours*

Morganth
14-12-04, 13:10
My last Slasher PE setup gave me 74 ATL, 100-120 Stamina, and 134 AGL when drugged up. I was fine using a slasher, but when I ran around like a madman with my Libby out, it practically crippled me. Needless to say I stuck to using a Slasher/Exec, although drug abuse is an expensive hobby in NC2.

Pain Easer also fucks up my Spy's stam, even when firing standing still.

MoschMongo
14-12-04, 13:12
whats ur problem with stamina - i got 4 qb slots with stam boosters and YES as libbi tank u need them - rest is filled up with antidrugs and with ppu support your fine :D

Capt. Rik
14-12-04, 13:15
Do you manage to cap a libby with your tank? I have a rather nice 3 alot artifact libby sitting around un-used..

naimex
14-12-04, 13:25
Do you manage to cap a libby with your tank? I have a rather nice 3 alot artifact libby sitting around un-used..

i looked at a liberator today on my tank

i have about 45-46 base dex now, and i think my stats were :

dmg 128
aim 168
rof 271
recoil 12
range 128

on a liberator.

and i have about 24-25 dex lvls still

Chess -
14-12-04, 13:41
Naimex, isnt your tank capped yet? I was using melee to level my tank and it was very easy to cap DEX with melee.
I needed to lom some points in my DEX setup and I lost about 2 levels. I have to say that, now my tank is pistol combat, I really like him. Maybe I should activate my accounts again and uhhh start playing again...... :wtf:

naimex
14-12-04, 13:46
Naimex, isnt your tank capped yet? I was using melee to level my tank and it was very easy to cap DEX with melee.
I needed to lom some points in my DEX setup and I lost about 2 levels. I have to say that, now my tank is pistol combat, I really like him. Maybe I should activate my accounts again and uhhh start playing again...... :wtf:

which one of my tanks ?

I have a fully capped hc tank (well she was anyways, lost 1 lvl con lomming)

ive had 2 or 3 mc tanks, and now im playing on a pistol tank that has nothing to do with all the other tanks....

my pistol tank isnt capped...

only about..

Capped INT
56 Str I think
50 Con
45 Dex
Capped PSI

Itīs something along those lines.. (not powerleveling)

Jesterthegreat
14-12-04, 14:07
I hate drugs...

itīs means of activating implants and armor, and nothing else...

thats how i use it anyways..

I get heavy drugflash after each drug, every time... in other words, if one drug goes, i get flash and then im dead for sure.

after about 4 or 5 drugs the drugs dont even take away the flash anymore, then i just get insta flash and am even more flashed.

and its just so expensive to keep eating drugs...

thats why i dont do drugs.

to counter your drug free pistol tank i have a quad drug using HC PE :p

i love drugs