PDA

View Full Version : Is Allied killing the same on all servers

Purple
13-12-04, 10:59
well do greens kill greens on the others or is it just terra ???

ArgieD
13-12-04, 11:54
Don't know. I guess it's the same. I could only see this being rare on a single-slot server.

Jesterthegreat
15-12-04, 01:09
Don't know. I guess it's the same. I could only see this being rare on a single-slot server.

why?

people on single slot servers not able to get SL?

Tyr
15-12-04, 01:12
Thread moved.

Jesterthegreat
15-12-04, 01:13
i wondered if this counted as event or roleplay :p

Genty
15-12-04, 01:17
[ edited ]
please don't troll

LiL T
15-12-04, 01:45
Its a fuking joke now it seems !!

Heres my view on it , it has got to stop why the fuck kill greens ? bored of the game ? then plz fuck off thx

I'm ex BD use to kill proto and BT cos they where 1) pro city 2 ) people who pked us and don't say you did not cos you did . Anti city does not not have this problem beleave it or not and I hope it stays that way infact I know it will cos arseholes like that would be in a world of hurt

arseholes come anti city so we can pk you ....

Jesterthegreat
15-12-04, 03:17
there are plenty of anti city assholes...

and you complain about ally killing, then askthem to go doy so you can kill them? :wtf:

wombat74
15-12-04, 03:22
Its a fuking joke now it seems !!

Heres my view on it , it has got to stop why the fuck kill greens ? bored of the game ? then plz fuck off thx

I'm ex BD use to kill proto and BT cos they where 1) pro city 2 ) people who pked us and don't say you did not cos you did . Anti city does not not have this problem beleave it or not and I hope it stays that way infact I know it will cos arseholes like that would be in a world of hurt

arseholes come anti city so we can pk you ....

Well said Lil - it's got to a stage now that if I get killed in Plaza, I do a little silent cheer when I find out it's an anti- runner - I've just gotten used to being killed by NEXT or CA runners. Because of that I'm having so much more fun on my LE'd spy than I am on my LE-less APU

Jesterthegreat
15-12-04, 03:24
Well said Lil - it's got to a stage now that if I get killed in Plaza, I do a little silent cheer when I find out it's an anti- runner - I've just gotten used to being killed by NEXT or CA runners. Because of that I'm having so much more fun on my LE'd spy than I am on my LE-less APU

i understand an unclanned next or 2 do it...

but ca too?

wombat74
15-12-04, 03:26
i understand an unclanned next or 2 do it...

but ca too?

Not unclanned NEXT, the people I'm talking about are Clanned. But yeah, the CA runners who've ganked me lately have been unclanned. The CA MENACE has gone down since the recent exoduses (exodii?)

Jesterthegreat
15-12-04, 03:33
Not unclanned NEXT, the people I'm talking about are Clanned. But yeah, the CA runners who've ganked me lately have been unclanned. The CA MENACE has gone down since the recent exoduses (exodii?)

i would be interested in knowing who in next / CA.

PM me here if you wanna share the names.

Kozmos
15-12-04, 03:58
i would be interested in knowing who in next / CA.

PM me here if you wanna share the names.

[ edited ]

wombat74
15-12-04, 04:07
[ edited ]

Speaking as an independant pro-city player with no current clan aleigance I've got to say I've never had any problems with NCAT as far as allied PKing is concerned. If anybody is willing to take the time to offer to step up and help with any of the allied killers, I'm not going to complain about it.

Freaky Fryd
15-12-04, 04:09
People on single slot servers are less likely to just delete a character to get rid
of a bad reputation, especially if they've collected a lot of items.
Build the character, build the reputation.

On a 4 slot server, most people can have 1 or 2
slots that they could use to "create, do as they want, delete, repeat" with...

Liebestoter
15-12-04, 04:15
The problem here.. lies in the fact people have alts on various factions.

Person A is on their TG alt, and has another character, let's just say.. it's a gimpy ass APU monk.. on CA.

Person B is on his TT, and kills Person A's TG character.

Person A throws a shit fit, logs on their CA and kills the TT.

And the vicious cycle of violence begins.

This problem could be remedied simply by not allowing people to log on characters in different factions instantly. Institute a 25 minute delay when switching between pro and anti city characters. This worked well on a PvP mud I used to play (the MUD was by Mythic, and was the basis for DAoC) and effectively eliminated "cross realming', the act of logging on a newbie character in an opposing realm to collect information about invasions, etc.

So impliment a delay, and overhaul the SL system.. and the problem is solved.

No more allied ganking, no more people logging on endless streams of alts to avenge the pee kaying of their other characters.

------

Crossposted from SL theme week thread.

Pungent77
15-12-04, 04:19
[ edited ]
Hmm....once upon a time I saw 2 ncat guys messing around in plaza 1, not harming anyone....someone tries to take em on and dies in the process.

Then you have atleast 10plus trying to kill a APU and PPU and cant do it....sounds pretty l33t to me.

like I said before blame the mechanics of the game not the players.
I notice alot of people get mad when they dont have the skills to take someone out. It's not that hard to do, just use some brainpower mixed with skills...............problem solved.

Gotterdammerung
15-12-04, 05:11
No names or clan bashing please.

keep the e-penises zipped up tonight ok ?

Asurmen Spec Op
15-12-04, 05:24
No names or clan bashing please.

keep the e-penises zipped up tonight ok ?
wow siggy

Darkener
15-12-04, 06:37
The problem here.. lies in the fact people have alts on various factions.

Person A is on their TG alt, and has another character, let's just say.. it's a gimpy ass APU monk.. on CA.

Person B is on his TT, and kills Person A's TG character.

Person A throws a shit fit, logs on their CA and kills the TT.

And the vicious cycle of violence begins.

This problem could be remedied simply by not allowing people to log on characters in different factions instantly. Institute a 25 minute delay when switching between pro and anti city characters. This worked well on a PvP mud I used to play (the MUD was by Mythic, and was the basis for DAoC) and effectively eliminated "cross realming', the act of logging on a newbie character in an opposing realm to collect information about invasions, etc.

So impliment a delay, and overhaul the SL system.. and the problem is solved.

No more allied ganking, no more people logging on endless streams of alts to avenge the pee kaying of their other characters.

------

Crossposted from SL theme week thread.
ATM thats not the problem at all actually. People just do it for the hell of it . They are bored its hard as hell to raid doy. CRP unless your a spy or have a ppu rammed up your arse you are dead about 1-2 mins after you enter same with raiding doy alone. Its not like theres anything else to do. You can go search for something to kill for about 2-3 hours or just go on pk sprees in the city. Myself i prefer bringing the fight to doy but not all think that.

As for your idea on the delay well it sucks. I dont play not to have access to my chars or a "delay". If im on my neocron char hmm i think ill go lvevl my noob in doy, but wait i gotta wait 25 mins so whats the point.

SorkZmok
15-12-04, 06:52
Its worst on terra. 4 slot server, full of saturn players and bored people. o_O

I think one of the main reasons is that its piss easy to level up SL and sympathies. Just get a load of res missions done by another char, then safely level up in the HQ of your choice. Not good.

I think missions should be tied to the character who takes em. I also think faction guards should react to bad SL. I mean, what faction would want criminals roaming around in their HQ? Makes no sense to me. Red SL = Banned from every place with guards. Give red SL REAL consequences.
Gotta think about this some more though. ;)

And while we`re at it, why can all those enemy pkers safely genrep into several proi city HQs and even go afk infront of the guards? Plain stupid. We got zonewhoring TGs at the DRE HQ everyday now. :(

Maui
15-12-04, 10:21

I think one of the main reasons is that its piss easy to level up SL and sympathies. Just get a load of res missions done by another char, then safely level up in the HQ of your choice. Not good.

I think missions should be tied to the character who takes em. I also think faction guards should react to bad SL. I mean, what faction would want criminals roaming around in their HQ? Makes no sense to me. Red SL = Banned from every place with guards. Give red SL REAL consequences.

And while we`re at it, why can all those enemy pkers safely genrep into several proi city HQs and even go afk infront of the guards? Plain stupid. We got zonewhoring TGs at the DRE HQ everyday now. :(

jesus does this guy only whine about allied killing ? I havent seen a single post of this dude without whining O_O

SorkZmok
15-12-04, 10:23
jesus does this guy only whine about allied killing ? I havent seen a single post of this dude without whining O_OGo pk some allied noobs. Idiot.

Maui
15-12-04, 10:26
Go pk some allied noobs. Idiot.
kay :x but only if u really want me 2 -_-

Seven
15-12-04, 11:00

Good post, KK needs to really do something about this bullshit.

Spanks
15-12-04, 11:54
I completely agree. NPC guards should always attack anyone they see as enemy. Both enemy faction (always) and own/neutral/allied faction if SL is negative. Allied killing should be considered as a crime, no matter where it happens (warzones, cities, hunting zones etc) so there should be an SL penalty. However killing the enemy anywhere, no matter where, is the right thing to do and should NEVER be punished.

I would also like to see more strict separation of NC and DoY, I like the DAoC model where you cant even talk to the enemy. Okay, maybe that would be too much, but imo, if you pick NC as your side, then you stick to that and cannot create DoY chars and vice versa.

Gotterdammerung
15-12-04, 12:02
please see my above post about e-penises sorkzmok and maui

Riddle
15-12-04, 12:25
please see my above post about e-penises

Hardly constructive?

People are just getting plain pissed of about allied Pking!

Why not take there views as a customer and pass them on to the management, KK need to sort this and sort it now.

Vanten
15-12-04, 12:26
I completely agree. NPC guards should always attack anyone they see as enemy. Both enemy faction (always) and own/neutral/allied faction if SL is negative. Allied killing should be considered as a crime, no matter where it happens (warzones, cities, hunting zones etc) so there should be an SL penalty. However killing the enemy anywhere, no matter where, is the right thing to do and should NEVER be punished.

Allied should be considered as a crime, as you stated. Im all for having the guards of my own faction shot me on sight if i have killed 2 allies. But then there's the problem with defending yourself from an attacking allied, what to do with the curent circomstances? Hunting zones should still remain in this game, but should be rather limted amount of them. Where they are mostly for keeping low-levels from some of all possibe harm they could run into.

I would also like to see more strict separation of NC and DoY, I like the DAoC model where you cant even talk to the enemy. Okay, maybe that would be too much, but imo, if you pick NC as your side, then you stick to that and cannot create DoY chars and vice versa.

Limit one player to eather side of the game is too much, and it wouldn't work in a RP sense eather. Because once NC you could never change side to DoY, that would only make the red vs blue feeling even bigger in this game. And what about CM, should they stay CM all life? Limiting comunications between NC/DoY wouldn't do any good because the person would only switch to his/her alt to do the talking.

Maui
15-12-04, 12:36
please see my above post about e-penises sorkzmok and maui
its not night yet here tbh

Spanks
15-12-04, 13:47
Allied should be considered as a crime, as you stated. Im all for having the guards of my own faction shot me on sight if i have killed 2 allies. But then there's the problem with defending yourself from an attacking allied, what to do with the curent circomstances?

I havent really thought this completely thru, but for example, shooting an ally would tag you as PeeKayer for one minute. Anyone can shoot a tagged PeeKayer without penalty, or without fear of being tagged, however, PeeKayer killing anyone results in soullight penalty. Somekinda compromise between accidental hits and allowing a runner to defend himself.

Hunting zones should still remain in this game, but should be rather limted amount of them. Where they are mostly for keeping low-levels from some of all possibe harm they could run into.

I dont agree. First, there the LE. Second, this game really isnt the greatest one out there technically, but what keeps me in, is the excitement and feeling of danger. ANYWHERE I go, there's always the risk of some stinking spy backstabbing me, or an army of tanks steamrolling over me, leaving only a wet spot on the rocky wastes. However, this does not include random ally killing. The game mechanics have to enforce some sort of rules and feeling of picking a side, afterall, being an asshat is hard coded in the human nature. This would allow runners to live as outcasts, if they choose to do so, it would just be kinda tricky. Living out in the wastes, not being able to enter either city without the guards pwning your ass immediately.. do I have to say Anarchy Breed out loud?

Limit one player to eather side of the game is too much, and it wouldn't work in a RP sense eather. Because once NC you could never change side to DoY, that would only make the red vs blue feeling even bigger in this game. And what about CM, should they stay CM all life? Limiting comunications between NC/DoY wouldn't do any good because the person would only switch to his/her alt to do the talking.

I have no idea what to do with the CM, will have to think that a bit.

RPwise, being stuck in one side would work just perfectly. Every runner starts at the MC5 brainwashing facility, your brain simply doesnt see living outside NC as an option. You love Reza with all your heart and would die if you could not live your life serving him.

DoYers know the truth and really rather choose the not-so-fancy life in DoY, but at least you get to keep your free will.

Red vs. Blue feeling even bigger? Of course, that's what Im talking about. As big as possible. Maybe even bigger.

Vanten
15-12-04, 14:05
Of course we're brainwashed. But that doesn't hinder us from making our own decisions. Consider allied-killing for example, there we chose to attack an ally, even though we aren't "supposed" to do that. And in a marriage, you can and probably should separate if the two of you don't get along. Get the idea? Me as an individual in this game was one of the things that had me going, and I did play on Pluto so ones reputation and such actually meant something. And I agree that the fear of getting backstabbed, always on the lookout was one key point to excitement in NC1.

But in NC1, anti/pro lived at the same place, thus a higher risk of running into an enemy. But as of now, I only fear ally-killers when I walk about in DoY.

Miss Naughty
15-12-04, 14:09
It would be cool if you could see other peoples faction sympathies. That way even if someone fixes their soul light you could still see their true colours.

Your actions should have long term consequenses, the current system allows you to completely redeem yourself within the space of just a few hours. Personally I think that you should get kicked out of your faction if your sympathy drops below a certain level (let people be Anarchy Breed!).

Making noobs to bash them for sympathy needs to be addressed, as does the mission system. Maybe limit the amount your sympathy can rise over a period of time, but it could still drop drastically in a short time.

Jesterthegreat
15-12-04, 14:25
Hmm....once upon a time I saw 2 ncat guys messing around in plaza 1, not harming anyone....someone tries to take em on and dies in the process.

Then you have atleast 10plus trying to kill a APU and PPU and cant do it....sounds pretty l33t to me.

like I said before blame the mechanics of the game not the players.
I notice alot of people get mad when they dont have the skills to take someone out. It's not that hard to do, just use some brainpower mixed with skills...............problem solved.

liez! we ruin the game! we always start it!

listen ot ooc / alliance and you would know that :p

oh and i got a PM saying that another clan (nameless of course) ally killed him... and it happens to be one of the ones shouting out against it on these forums. its all good to say you're against it, but you gotta act that way too.

dont whine to kk about every little thing you dont like.

its not a punishable offence: fact

if you dont like it... stop us. kill us. even mail spam us if you think you can justify it... however as soon as i get 100+ mail spamm i will be reporting it as griefing whether you see it as griefing or not. thats kk's decision.

a dev said ally killing is not breaking rules

a dev has not said mail spamming hundreds of mails is legal.

see the difference?

and re: kapow... you used to be a good guy in nc1, even if i fought you (which happened quite a bit) we could chat about out of game stuff, we could congratulate each other etc...

its a game people, dont get bitter, get revenge within the game rules... ingame. i have no personal problems with 99% of the playerbase, i dont need to abuse people (though i counter abuse on ooc when i feel its needed)

greets

:edit:

@ above

my monk has killed too many allies for me to count. my monk has 90+ symp with my faction still. my monk has 50+ with all allies still.

Genty
15-12-04, 14:30
[ edited ]

There is no reason for killing allies unless you have previously been attacked by that person and want revenge or your just as previously stated.

Jesterthegreat
15-12-04, 14:36
i constantly miss the fucking edits...

if you got trolling against me / ncat feel free to pm it to me so i can read it :p

and no reason to kill allies? how about the faction allegances changing so drasticly?

if i was Crahn and i had problems with an FA clan... must i drop that in nc2?

its an expansion, the players are the same, there is no reason to suddenly be nice to them.

oh and hypotetical situation btw

LTA
15-12-04, 14:54
its an expansion, the players are the same, there is no reason to suddenly be nice to them.

Well technically there is, all the anti city have allied to fight a bigger threat, the city so the city has to allie to fight it back.

The Allied you now get in the box instead of enemy should be reason enough

Revslad
15-12-04, 14:59
well i admit ive done my fair share of allied pking, but as recent i have calmed it. but if im seen in plaza im still attacked so i have no option but to fight back often ending in me having reallly bad sl :(.

pro city needs to sort it out and nipple twist pro-doy till their nipples drop off. then we can all be happy and make them cry

edit: wooot 500 posts :D

Genty
15-12-04, 15:07
and no reason to kill allies? how about the faction allegances changing so drasticly?

All of the current factions living in DoY have clearly made an agreement to unite together, put their past differences aside in order to get rid of the threat from the Neocron factions. The Neocron factions have done the same. So yes, there is a reason to be suddenly nice to them. It's like fighting a world war, with a civil war going on in your country too.

Brammers
15-12-04, 15:26
From my point of view, I've seen very little allied killing on the DoY side. I keep hearing about it from the NC side.

oh and hypotetical situation btw
When your SL and FS starts dropping, you would probaly have to reconisder the issues of killing allied or neutral factions.

One thing I was worried about in NC2, was what a well known Pluto Crahn Clan was going to do. I have to say, that they not given any problems to me, or Fallen Angels. If they had choosen to attack Fallen Angels, then the situation would be very different.

The problems we have now are definatly what lies South on the map.

Darkana
15-12-04, 15:50
if you dont like it... stop us. kill us. even mail spam us if you think you can justify it... however as soon as i get 100+ mail spamm i will be reporting it as griefing whether you see it as griefing or not. thats kk's decision.

a dev said ally killing is not breaking rules

a dev has not said mail spamming hundreds of mails is legal.

see the difference?
It's all about the amount. You send one or a few mails, no harm done. You send mails repeatedly, it will be handled as spam and maybe as harassment/griefing. Same for "spamming" channels.

Now ally ganking. You do it once, ok, you do it twice, maybe ok as well. But doing it repeatedly falls into the same category as spamming with mail or on the channels.

_That_ is the difference. People would never complain when it happens once in a while, they complain because it's so rampant (or at least must be according to all the posts here).

TWOK
15-12-04, 15:54

Gotta agree with you, having -SL is very easy to get around now. It takes like 10 mins of res/cst missions to get in the green again...and you get to do it in a safe environment. You hear of allied PKrs boasting of thousands of BPs stocked up to save their arse.

Xylaz
15-12-04, 16:26
Basically we have 3 choices:

a) force/ask/beg KK to change the current SL system (more penalties for killing allies, temporary hostile tag on the pker, slower rate of gaining SL) and rework the mission system so people cannot abuse the system by doing ress missions (tie each mission to a runner or something like that)

- it's probably the best way (on the sidenote), but its up to KK so its hopeless

b) force KK/GMs/whoever has the power to officially kick out certain people from the faction/procity, i've seen it work in the early nc1 retail so it's probably possible (a pettition signed by all procity clans/most runners etc), though not very fair (ethic's a different case here)

- could work as a temporary solution only

c) Gather all procity people to a meeting and set some "allied enemies' kos list", then give them the same unfair fights as they give to others. Gank them - not fight them or ignore them completely (both on forums and ingame).

- theoretically possible, yet unlikeable (too many differences and distrust between factions/clans). Too much to loose and too difficult to cooperate at the current state of politics.

Threads like the Zheo's leaving thread are the highest reward a griefer can get, to be able to pk someone ultimately, to leave the game due to *them*. Such cases are nobilitate them in their own eyes, make them superior and encourage only more griefing...
Because it's all about egos in the end. They're just ghosts, feeding on all the negative feelings they can get. Griefers need to be popular, need to drag attention on themselves (both in forums and in-game). Ignore them and they will fade away... like ghosts.

Bugs Gunny
15-12-04, 16:41
Walked to gogo at RT today, ppu and hc tank there. was going to gr out when i get shot in the back.

Turn around drop the tank and prevent the ppu from rezzing the tank.
Other tank comes out and starts shooting me, had to genrep out, but got the dogtag and names for my rolepay stalker :-)

I love meeting those people in the wastes. Seems like they are disoriented without a safezone behind them.

E. Cryton
15-12-04, 17:10
Walked to gogo at RT today, ppu and hc tank there. was going to gr out when i get shot in the back.

Turn around drop the tank and prevent the ppu from rezzing the tank.
Other tank comes out and starts shooting me, had to genrep out, but got the dogtag and names for my rolepay stalker :-)

I love meeting those people in the wastes. Seems like they are disoriented without a safezone behind them.

one day i went to el farid with my psi 105 (with nightspider) apu.
some guy named Bugs Gunny, a spy and a black dragon were there.i killed the bd, coz i was n.e.x.t.
the bugs bunny guy ( high lvl tank) said "dont kill him again, he's our friend, attack him and we will kill ya!".
well ...
i killed the bd again, killed the spy and the bugs bunny guy ran .
after that he flamed me on direct, i'm kos to his ubar clan etc.
funny thing is, he was afraid to meet me for 1 on 1 ...

funny to see ppl like him, dont have balls to fight fair and even if they fight unfair, they run ...

Bugs Gunny
15-12-04, 17:33
Funny to see how stories get changed :-)

Two things:

EPIC KILL BD GUY 0/2
Two chars with 3/** ranks under si.
Now make your mind work a bit won't you?

But yes, you are my uber pkgod of gods, i ran from your rank 30 apu like the wind, screeming for help :-)

THE_TICK!!!!
15-12-04, 18:13
wow whats the deal..is it really that bad..all i hear from my ingame spy's is that its allied gank fest..whats the deal...DOY to far to run or something ? jester you guys still got the same crew in ncat ?? I hope so :) i get home in january...and im gonna unleash the best on you bro :P well someone give me a fair and impartial view on whats going on..sans the he said she said..this clan crap..i want facts :) thanks :P

Cubico
15-12-04, 18:39
KK should give the normal, casual player a better game experience. Things like killing allies gives a bad taste and make customer leave.

I think that a normal, casual player expects that other players in the game are mature and reasonable enough to understand and follow the idea behind factions.
If this is not the case, the majority of the player base would expect that these people are removed from the game.

reddog
15-12-04, 18:58
@ above

my monk has killed too many allies for me to count. my monk has 90+ symp with my faction still. my monk has 50+ with all allies still.
See thats where the problem lies. no penalty for doing immoral things like you sig says.

Where KK should not make it impossible to kill allies they should make it have decent consequences.
NCPD stands for law and order at least it is supposed to. yet they don't shoot bad SL.
Faction should not like people who threaten their alliances, thing you do when you kill allies.
and apperently it is way to easy to have all the sympathy you need even when threaten cooperation between factions (would be if faction system wasn't so static).

And like said in a previous post allied killing is less on mars. Just cause it hurts your reputation more and you don't have an alt to hide behind. Still it does happen but there they have the full consequences of their actions and remain KOS to far more people.

Spermy
15-12-04, 19:13
Good post, KK needs to really do something about this bullshit.

That is such bullshit - You can't control yourselves so you expect someone to do it for you?

Bollocks.

KK should give the normal, casual player a better game experience. Things like killing allies gives a bad taste and make customer leave.

I think that a normal, casual player expects that other players in the game are mature and reasonable enough to understand and follow the idea behind factions.
If this is not the case, the majority of the player base would expect that these people are removed from the game.

Again - this is a community issue - you can't ban people for being tits - there would be no community left. Deal with it - sort out a policy to deal with allied PKers - unclan them - take thier OPS - force them out of the faction

How is KK going to stop a kid in cleveland from pressing a button on his mouse - while stopping a fella in austria from pressing escape - while monitoring spam in trade and Writing the next wonder patch?

MY GOD.

Basically we have 3 choices:

a) force/ask/beg KK to change the current SL system (more penalties for killing allies, temporary hostile tag on the pker, slower rate of gaining SL) and rework the mission system so people cannot abuse the system by doing ress missions (tie each mission to a runner or something like that)

- it's probably the best way (on the sidenote), but its up to KK so its hopeless

It's not really doable - and again - it's relying on someone else to solve a problem YOU LOT CAUSED! You CAN fix it!

b) force KK/GMs/whoever has the power to officially kick out certain people from the faction/procity, i've seen it work in the early nc1 retail so it's probably possible (a pettition signed by all procity clans/most runners etc), though not very fair (ethic's a different case here)

- could work as a temporary solution only

Would work for greifers - Semi agreed.

c) Gather all procity people to a meeting and set some "allied enemies' kos list", then give them the same unfair fights as they give to others. Gank them - not fight them or ignore them completely (both on forums and ingame).

- theoretically possible, yet unlikeable (too many differences and distrust between factions/clans). Too much to loose and too difficult to cooperate at the current state of politics.

This is the best one - Community problem solved by the community without implementing any game change. Don't rely on KK to do the dirty work - pull the finger out and get stuck in hell - if you need someone killed - I'd be happy to do it - A) I'm anti city and I'd love to nuke a Procity all day long if he's being a wanker B) No SL losss or symp loss for you.

Simple :)

Threads like the Zheo's leaving thread are the highest reward a griefer can get, to be able to pk someone ultimately, to leave the game due to *them*. Such cases are nobilitate them in their own eyes, make them superior and encourage only more griefing...
Because it's all about egos in the end. They're just ghosts, feeding on all the negative feelings they can get. Griefers need to be popular, need to drag attention on themselves (both in forums and in-game). Ignore them and they will fade away... like ghosts.

Greifers....

Wankers...

Synonyms.

I do have to say to NCAT - You aren't helping with those sigs - they just make you look like arses. And I know you Ain't - all those sigs do is fan the flames.

Engelke
15-12-04, 19:34
Well i heared in allied channel a great suggestion. Let allied killing cost XP, then it would turn down to a more sustained level.

I dunno how it is on other servers but on terra we actually have PPU supportet allied killing hunting teams sweeping throug plaza. These teams have been seen by me up til 6 ppl. All that allied killing and people turning and shooting random allies made ppl suspisiuos. No one really trust other unknown ppl so talking down 6ppl with PPU gets difficult cause you can't really gather a counter team everytime.

SorkZmok
15-12-04, 19:35
That is such bullshit - You can't control yourselves so you expect someone to do it for you?

Bollocks.So the system is perfect then? Pking everyone, then leveling up SL by doing res missions another char made? Getting good SL in no time in a safezone? Wheres the punishement for behaving like fucktards? And no, you cant call some minutes it takes to do this "punishement".
o_O

Dargeshaad
15-12-04, 19:43
See thats where the problem lies. no penalty for doing immoral things like you sig says.

Where KK should not make it impossible to kill allies they should make it have decent consequences.
NCPD stands for law and order at least it is supposed to. yet they don't shoot bad SL.
Faction should not like people who threaten their alliances, thing you do when you kill allies.
and apperently it is way to easy to have all the sympathy you need even when threaten cooperation between factions (would be if faction system wasn't so static).

And like said in a previous post allied killing is less on mars. Just cause it hurts your reputation more and you don't have an alt to hide behind. Still it does happen but there they have the full consequences of their actions and remain KOS to far more people.

Sure they don't shoot ppl with bad SL? They always shoot my CM char with bad SL :confused:

hegemon
15-12-04, 19:46
Your actions should have long term consequenses, the current system allows you to completely redeem yourself within the space of just a few hours.

"Just a few hours"? Are you kidding? I tested a few days ago. from -12 SL to +20 took 7 minutes. On TL10 research missions. Most of the time was spent in click on the "NEXT" button when choosing the mission. And if you have a res glove and cst 1 buff, you don't even need someone else to make the BPs for you. You can do them yourself.

Spanks
15-12-04, 19:53

Bollocks.

Again - this is a community issue - you can't ban people for being tits - there would be no community left. Deal with it - sort out a policy to deal with allied PKers - unclan them - take thier OPS - force them out of the faction

You have a very, very valid point here, KK stubbornly keeps the game as open as possible to all kinds of people and actions and lets players deal with the players. This is good, this is what I like in this game, how it mimics real life in this issue, It's not your everyday mmorpg. HOWEVER, in real life, if you go on a ganking spree in a shopping mall, your ganking arse gets thrown in slammer for good, by other real people.

My point being, if players are supposed to police other players, the game should also provide the tools for it. I have no idea what they might be, maybe being able to tag people KOS and they show as red to you or something like that. Maybe be able to boot people from factions, stuff like that. Altho, I have no idea how this would be implemented.

All in all, the community cannot police itself, since there are no tools to do this. You cant put another runner in jail for a few years, not to mention terminate him/her for good. You can gank him, he just presses the "teleport" button and of he goes again, slaughtering n00bs.

Taking this further, this is the only game that doesnt reward players for PvPing. For example somekind of point system that allows you to exchange those points for some special equipment, like weapon mods, maybe special colored armor or uniform.. something like that. Altho, I dont agree that killing allies should cost xp or anything like that, only make the runner criminal and finally expelled to the wastes.

QuantumDelta
15-12-04, 20:14
Well i heared in allied channel a great suggestion. Let allied killing cost XP, then it would turn down to a more sustained level.

I dunno how it is on other servers but on terra we actually have PPU supportet allied killing hunting teams sweeping throug plaza. These teams have been seen by me up til 6 ppl. All that allied killing and people turning and shooting random allies made ppl suspisiuos. No one really trust other unknown ppl so talking down 6ppl with PPU gets difficult cause you can't really gather a counter team everytime.
With character capping times, no, no it wouldn't.

Someone seems to have gotten that idea from a different MMO, it just doesn't work here without re-doing the EXP which is a sensative enough area as it is.

Overall:
The only likely solution is going to be one from the community.
Enforced by the community.

Xylaz
15-12-04, 20:22

I'd agree with you gladly but after living almost 2 years in NC (pro)city i'm saying its IMPOSSIBLE in practice and will never happen. No matter how one would try. Thus the only way to stop it is in the KK hands, if they want, that is.
Reason?
People are idiots, people are other's people friends, people are stupid and naive, people believing lies, people are stubborn, people are highly disorganized and have egos of the size of the world trade center or higher.

Cant see it happening anytime soon, sorry.

Spermy
15-12-04, 20:23
So the system is perfect then? Pking everyone, then leveling up SL by doing res missions another char made? Getting good SL in no time in a safezone? Wheres the punishement for behaving like fucktards? And no, you cant call some minutes it takes to do this "punishement".
o_O

Pfft - you lot cause it - you deal with it - We in the dome seem to have no problem - and afaik - we run off the same "system" as you lot.

Seven
15-12-04, 20:53

Ehh? I control myself just fine, all my players are LE'd because of this crap.

Spermy
15-12-04, 20:57
Ehh? I control myself just fine, all my players are LE'd because of this crap.

I was getting at the fact that KK is supposed to magically fix people.

Xylaz
15-12-04, 21:09
Pfft - you lot cause it - you deal with it - We in the dome seem to have no problem - and afaik - we run off the same "system" as you lot.

This statement is blatantly false and...stupid.
Solution is as always: think first, post later.

Nobody caused it except few egomaniacs who feel the urge to stir up troubles and are happy as hell when making people to leave because of them. They could have been in anticity as well. Just a matter of luck, nothing else.

And as it has been stated several times already, such people have all game mechanic advantages with them (they can abuse it without any repercussions) - that is the reason to change the game mechanic (problem is SL regaining mostly and FS loss as a secondary issue)

And as for the last part, i'm tired with this threads as well. I know it should be up for the procity people to eliminate them, but i also know it will never happens. Its a waste of words.

Spermy
15-12-04, 21:12
This statement is blatantly false and...stupid.

??? Dare I ask?

Solution is as always: think first, post later.

Nobody caused it except few egomaniacs who feel the urge to stir up troubles and are happy as hell when making people to leave because of them. They could have been in anticity as well. Just a matter of luck, nothing else.

Oh no - We did have them - we don't anymore - Like I said - we sorted it. So I suggest you lot do it too.

And as it has been stated several times already, such people have all game mechanic advantages with them (they can abuse it without any repercussions) - that is the reason to change the game mechanic (problem is SL regaining mostly and FS loss as a secondary issue)

Game mechanics are responsible for allied killers now? Really? I thought it was some dickhead behind a screen.

And as for the last part, i'm tired with this threads as well. I know it should be up for the procity people to eliminate them, but i also know it will never happens. Its a waste of words.

It's that attitude that isn't helping. It IS solvable - Now go and do it instead of throwing insults around. Like a goddamned kid throwing a tantrum because something is difficult to fix.

Xylaz
15-12-04, 21:34
[Edited] the problem is that everyone is trying to solve their own problems on their own and no one is willing to cooperate. I've said it 2 times already! Is it so hard to read?

That is the source of the problems (obviously...), not the griefers themselves.

Problem concerning abuse of the SL system is even more obvious so sorry, i wont lower myself to repeat it over and over again. Ive done it 2 times already. Just go back and read. Your assumptions are too ridiculous to comment them (ok, i'm a teacher so i'm kinda idiotproof, here we are: it is not to fix people, it is to fix the broken SL system. Period. Get it?)

K i hope i made myself clear, this time...

Jesterthegreat
15-12-04, 21:47
Well technically there is, all the anti city have allied to fight a bigger threat, the city so the city has to allie to fight it back.

The Allied you now get in the box instead of enemy should be reason enough

so people should be forgiven due to game mechanics?

no.

It's all about the amount. You send one or a few mails, no harm done. You send mails repeatedly, it will be handled as spam and maybe as harassment/griefing. Same for "spamming" channels.

Now ally ganking. You do it once, ok, you do it twice, maybe ok as well. But doing it repeatedly falls into the same category as spamming with mail or on the channels.

_That_ is the difference. People would never complain when it happens once in a while, they complain because it's so rampant (or at least must be according to all the posts here).

i siad the amount (hundreds).

and whether you believe allied killing is "griefing" or "harrassment" is imaterial. a dev has said it isnt, i have yet to see a dev say sending 100 spam emails to a runner is not harrassment.

LE

yes they do

I do have to say to NCAT - You aren't helping with those sigs - they just make you look like arses. And I know you Ain't - all those sigs do is fan the flames.

we get the abuse anyways... why bother trying to hide it?

Pungent77
15-12-04, 22:09
I really dont understand what the problem is, this crying about ally killing is getting really old.

Same faction killing and noob pking has always been here since day one in NC1....we just had more safezones for protection. I remember numerous times where I had been blasted by the same faction....I was like damn that sucks.

However.....I got a little wiser and went to neofrag to practice my self defense and defense of others and gained some skill to atleast hurt and escape my would be killers. sometimes it would work sometimes not.

I learned to be aware of my surroundings(looking at names in local) and at least have a friend close by just incase I might need help.

And I had a "to kill" list so I would remember the people who did me dirty and hook em up later...........................The bottom line is dont get mad is someone is way more skilled than you, because it is your fault if you lose.
Dont get mad at the game mechanics...it's been around since day one.

:) Have a nice day, please stop the crying and do something to better yourselves :)

Spermy
15-12-04, 22:57
[Edited] the problem is that everyone is trying to solve their own problems on their own and no one is willing to cooperate. I've said it 2 times already! Is it so hard to read?

That is the source of the problems (obviously...), not the griefers themselves.

Problem concerning abuse of the SL system is even more obvious so sorry, i wont lower myself to repeat it over and over again. Ive done it 2 times already. Just go back and read. Your assumptions are too ridiculous to comment them (ok, i'm a teacher so i'm kinda idiotproof, here we are: it is not to fix people, it is to fix the broken SL system. Period. Get it?)

K i hope i made myself clear, this time...

Yes you did make yoyurself clear - everytime I read it - and I'm sorry but for reasons that I have stated before. You are wrong. No one is going to agree here - Yet another problem - seeing as It isn't any skin of my nose what the Procity do to each other - I'm saying no more.

However in parting I will point out - that my method is how DoY solves its problems.

SorkZmok
15-12-04, 23:29
Yes you did make yoyurself clear - everytime I read it - and I'm sorry but for reasons that I have stated before. You are wrong. No one is going to agree here - Yet another problem - seeing as It isn't any skin of my nose what the Procity do to each other - I'm saying no more.

However in parting I will point out - that my method is how DoY solves its problems.The SL system is NOT working the way it should. Fact. And thats what we`re on about. I can deal with PKers. But i hate the SL system as theres no real downside to being an asshole.
So stop your bullshitting around.

Spermy
15-12-04, 23:59
The SL system is NOT working the way it should. Fact. And thats what we`re on about. I can deal with PKers. But i hate the SL system as theres no real downside to being an asshole.
So stop your bullshitting around.

SL WASN'T DESIGNED WITH DICKHEADS IN MIND - SO OF COURSE IT BLOODY WORKS.

Like I said - FIX THE FREAKIN PLAYERS - FIX THE PROBLEM. If we can do it - why the blue fuck can't Procity?!

No one has yet to answer this point - This VERY VALID point.

SorkZmok
16-12-04, 00:08

Like I said - FIX THE FREAKIN PLAYERS - FIX THE PROBLEM. If we can do it - why the blue fuck can't Procity?!

No one has yet to answer this point - This VERY VALID point.Probably cause CA and procity in generall is the new asshole faction. How to fix something that involves several of the biggest pro city clans?

I`m in a small clan. I want fun. Fun for me is hanging round in the city, fighting off the occasional doy raids, fighting for ops, raiding crp and the like. Its NOT trying to get rid of a bunch of assholes who wont stop anyway.

Anyway, good night, gotta get up at 5. :mad:

Jesterthegreat
16-12-04, 00:09
ncat no longer kill allies (except in self defence)

Seven
16-12-04, 00:36

No one has yet to answer this point - This VERY VALID point.

Well really now. Fix the players? How can you possibly control what other people do in any given environment?

Answer. You make the environment force the people to do things a certain way or they have a very harsh penalty. So harsh that they don't do that again.

Fixing/changing the code is very doable. How the hell are you/we going to make other people play differently?

BradSTL
16-12-04, 00:38
Since hardly anybody else seems to be saying it, let me jump in and do so. <i>Don't like it? Reroll if you have to, but put your LE chip back in!</i> As I recently pointed out (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=119539), if you don't want to play a gankfest, you don't have to, there's no longer any significant reason to do so.

Surely you must have noticed that on the Terra server, depending on where you go your nearby people list is 50% up to even to 100% LE. At the rate that some specific people are making PvP unattractive and unfun, I imagine that Terra will be 100% LE by March, one big happy carebear server. (Only half kidding.)

Pungent77
16-12-04, 00:54
[ edited ]

SigmaDraconis
16-12-04, 04:36
Been staring at this damn thread too long now,

Get over it, if I was meant to unconditionally get along with everyone this side of TechHaven there would be 2 Factions DoY and NC, not 12.

EDIT: If Terra goes 100% LE I go back to FF or WoW, Wouldnt be much difference in the PvP systems then :P

LiL T
16-12-04, 05:54
People if you let these gankers bother you then they will keep doing it !! they won't stop cause they know it annoys you thats the only reason they do it . For there own fun and laughs just keep that in your head the next time some allied runner attacks you. You can do 2 things let them kill you *shrug* big deal if you don't bitch and bitch they won't get anything out of out other than a SL hit. Or you could kill them but then they will just keep comming back for you cause now you have bad SL :\ which is the only thing KK need to fix with the SL system imo

/edit if your the sort of person who DM's the pker for 30 mins with lots of crying thrown into it you are going to be GRIEFED esp if there in the same city as you.

Maui
16-12-04, 09:58
ncat no longer kill allies (except in self defence)
liez !

Genty
16-12-04, 11:48
It does not bother me, in NC2 I have never been killed by an allied faction. What bothers me is the population or lack of.

Nidhogg
16-12-04, 11:54
Try and stay on-topic. That's like going on a patch thread and posting "I've not downloaded the patch, nor have I got anything to say about it. My problem is that I've run out of beer."

N

Genty
16-12-04, 12:00
Try and stay on-topic. That's like going on a patch thread and posting "I've not downloaded the patch, nor have I got anything to say about it. My problem is that I've run out of beer."

N

No, it's like going on a patch thread and saying

"Although this patch does not effect me directly, after the patch there has been a noticible drop in population that does effect me and now I can't be bothered to log in and there is not enough people to interact with."

Bugs Gunny
16-12-04, 12:20
I see no problem with the population as of yet.
Usualy i'm quite well surrounded by FF. Once i actualy have to start aiming to hit people around me i'll start getting worried.

Back on topic now:

Which brand of beer Niddy?

Purple
16-12-04, 12:29
well last night we had a meeting and provoding everyone lets the past be the past NCAT where very reasonable i may add and are nice people thansk u guys for giving us the time

PRoviding all this attacking them stops they will stop attacking us so lets hope you can all let it lie and not provoke them

they where very reasonable and deserve the right to clear their name

and hope to see some of you guys at further meeting and events

Spermy
16-12-04, 14:01
Well really now. Fix the players? How can you possibly control what other people do in any given environment?

Answer. You make the environment force the people to do things a certain way or they have a very harsh penalty. So harsh that they don't do that again.

Fixing/changing the code is very doable. How the hell are you/we going to make other people play differently?

DUDE - COME ON!

Like I said - whats so Hard about sorting the problem yourselves?

Last Time - You say it yourselves - the dome (Does have arseholes) Has managed to come together - so why oh why can't ONE FACTION sort it's ass out - We didn't campaign for game changes - we just sorted it.

If you can't do that then

A) You must be idiots.
B) You're too lazy to sort it
C) You just don't care and this is just something to bitch about it.

Whatever you say - It's a FACT that we had the same probs as you lot - and we fixed em without asking for game changes. If we can - You can.

Simple as.

Xylaz
16-12-04, 17:31
DUDE - COME ON!

Last Time - You say it yourselves - the dome (Does have arseholes) Has managed to come together - so why oh why can't ONE FACTION sort it's ass out - We didn't campaign for game changes - we just sorted it.

A) You must be idiots.

Whatever you say - It's a FACT that we had the same probs as you lot - and we fixed em without asking for game changes. If we can - You can.

Simple as.

Dude come on :P

We're talking about 2 different issues here. Please try to understand that.

All people agreed that it need people to fix the problem, and (as u may see from the others thread) some people even managed to do it (at least temporarily). Personally i think the curent solution will cause more problems in the end, but thats just me.
Fact is, people are trying to do something. Before the meeting it was a little different as ncat wasnt willing to cooperate at any points and all other clans do not trust each other enough.
I'm glad u solved your problems in DoY, we are trying to solve it here as well as u see (though i think making a nap is the worst possible way out of this)

BUT

there is another problem. Technical problem. SL system problem. Which needs to be reworked. We can take it as granted and solve all problems with using the methods mentioned above. But we can also try to think out some way to enhance the current SL system (well, to do something for KK to realise that).

One thing do not negate the other one. Can u understand it?

Its a fact that SL system needs a rework. There is unnecesary SL & faction sympathy penalty for defending yourself. And this need to be taken care of. I dont mind fighting allies, but i do care as hell about my faction sympathy. For me its the priority, simple as that.
Another problem is that it is too easy to regain negative SL. And that's another fact. Ress mission are a common way to get from -50 to 0 in like half an hour or even faster. And this is where is wrong. And that is why we are talking about it.

Once again, those 2 issues are connected. We can "fix" people (by killing them, by making an agreement with them etc) - that's a one. But also we can and we need to make KK realise that there is a need of rework of SL system - that's another issue.
Both are connected to each other, both do not negate each other. They arent the same.

You just take one point of view and dont want to see the different way. That's why you're so annoying :p

az

Purple
16-12-04, 18:05
what he said bout NCAT is true instead of people crying about beinmg killed which made it worse we me and a group of others went for a meeting and Ncat kindly hosted for us they will no longer attack unless provoked

Spermy
16-12-04, 18:14
Dude come on :P

We're talking about 2 different issues here. Please try to understand that.

I do - and while they are Interlinked SL is not the issues - sure neg SL is incurred but it goes away very easily - meaning allied killers go back to normal SL - As do the people who enforce the no allied killing. Therefore it's a bit of a moot point wouldn't you say. There's nothing to do with SL that can stop you enforcing some kind of policy on allied killing. This is what I'm trying to say.

All people agreed that it need people to fix the problem, and (as u may see from the others thread) some people even managed to do it (at least temporarily). Personally i think the curent solution will cause more problems in the end, but thats just me.

Agreed - It took the domers some real thinking time to sort - but it is doable. Which is the point I'm trying to hammer home.

Fact is, people are trying to do something. Before the meeting it was a little different as ncat wasnt willing to cooperate at any points and all other clans do not trust each other enough.
I'm glad u solved your problems in DoY, we are trying to solve it here as well as u see (though i think making a nap is the worst possible way out of this)

Indeed - Pacts do nothing - TIP - I assume yo have a forum for all CA? If not - make one. Get a name and shame thread going. Screenies and names/appt passes of offenders - anyone on that thread is open game to ANYONE in the faction regardless of SL ( Like you say - it's very easy to get SL back to normal after a loss).

Basically what happens is the allied killer gwets his jollies - and is suddenly leapt upon by the entirety of CA - Take that chance to make him miserable - Kill him everytime you see him - hack his belts - The main point is hack His belt - his gear is given away to his victim - not only is justice served - but his ability to PK in future is reduced.

After a week or so - take him off the name/shame thread and I can gaurantee you It'll be a while before he does it again. :)

BUT

there is another problem. Technical problem. SL system problem. Which needs to be reworked. We can take it as granted and solve all problems with using the methods mentioned above. But we can also try to think out some way to enhance the current SL system (well, to do something for KK to realise that).

One thing do not negate the other one. Can u understand it?

Its a fact that SL system needs a rework. There is unnecesary SL & faction sympathy penalty for defending yourself. And this need to be taken care of. I dont mind fighting allies, but i do care as hell about my faction sympathy. For me its the priority, simple as that.

Symp is an issue - But as you said - all to easy to work back up via missions. Hey, it works fro the assholes - so it can work for everyone else too.

Another problem is that it is too easy to regain negative SL. And that's another fact. Ress mission are a common way to get from -50 to 0 in like half an hour or even faster. And this is where is wrong. And that is why we are talking about it.

If allied killers can do it. Use my Idea above and do missions too. Works both ways y'know.

Once again, those 2 issues are connected. We can "fix" people (by killing them, by making an agreement with them etc) - that's a one. But also we can and we need to make KK realise that there is a need of rework of SL system - that's another issue.
Both are connected to each other, both do not negate each other. They arent the same.

You just take one point of view and dont want to see the different way. That's why you're so annoying :p

Bleh - Annoying - I'm just trying to make you realise that for Once - I am right. It's proven! My idea works DAMMIT! :p

az

I KNOW I KNOW - A lot of people see SL as an issue - Because allied killers can get their symps and SL to normal in no time yes?

Well - You whale on them all day long - take their equipment - thats one way of penalising them isn't it? Yes Yes Your symp takes a hit - But Missions put your SL up too,

I never said SL didn't need fixing - I just don't see it as being a probem in enforcing a No kill policy - seeing as everyone agrees - it's easily restorable.

Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from.

Maui
16-12-04, 20:17
well actualy, now ncat has stopped the allied killing, the total rework of the sl system probly will forgoten soon cus no ppl will see us gettin from red sl go to green real fast now :P

Engelke
16-12-04, 20:24
what he said bout NCAT is true instead of people crying about beinmg killed which made it worse we me and a group of others went for a meeting and Ncat kindly hosted for us they will no longer attack unless provoked

Yes it was a great and produktive meeting! NCAT really did manage to set up a meeting quick and they where great hosts.

Jesterthegreat
16-12-04, 22:38

someone took action instead of trying to make kk take action...

i gotta change my sig later :p

El Jimben
16-12-04, 23:19
i gotta change my sig later :p

Sort a brother out with one Jest :D

Ch1n Th3 M4g
17-12-04, 01:30
Sort a brother out with one Jest :D

u gota get a char in 2 NCAT first jim :p

danyboy
17-12-04, 11:31
You talk so much about roleplay, answer me this:
If realworld private security agency start making his own rules on city streets, arresting, killing other people can it still be able to be member of city society?
Wont it be thrown off called: mafia, terrorists, and so on?
Shouldn't the same happen with procity clans? CityAdmin cannot kill procity people! When they DO they become: ANARCHY BREED, TWILIGHT GUARDIAN or CITYMERCS. NCPD and society will not allow them to be representative of their facition.

I've NEVER shoot on allied or neutral (i've been killed becouse of stupid accusations and no reason). Becouse of couple procity clans i've changed faction. Now i'm Twilight Guardian and i don't have to worry about green people anymore. Of course we got our outlaws in anticity, but you can count them on one hand.

Darkener
17-12-04, 13:22
DUDE - COME ON!

A) You must be idiots.

Simple as.

You know the dome and neocron are different. Id say the majority of the dome is made up of pluto players. Neocron is a mix of all.

There is no common enemy anymore nothing that really unites the whole city and believe it or not i think theres more people in neocron than there is the doy more clans and they are all over the place.

Its not like we got 1 strong clan in neocron and everyone else backs them up in someway or hunts in the same zone ect. Theres nothing like that for neocron at most i rember hunting in the past 2-3 weeks with about maybe 5 people at most.

Things most definitly are as the seem. A different set of circumstances.

Jesterthegreat
17-12-04, 14:32
You talk so much about roleplay, answer me this:
If realworld private security agency start making his own rules on city streets, arresting, killing other people can it still be able to be member of city society?
Wont it be thrown off called: mafia, terrorists, and so on?
Shouldn't the same happen with procity clans? CityAdmin cannot kill procity people! When they DO they become: ANARCHY BREED, TWILIGHT GUARDIAN or CITYMERCS. NCPD and society will not allow them to be representative of their facition.

I've NEVER shoot on allied or neutral (i've been killed becouse of stupid accusations and no reason). Becouse of couple procity clans i've changed faction. Now i'm Twilight Guardian and i don't have to worry about green people anymore. Of course we got our outlaws in anticity, but you can count them on one hand.

answer me this...

why does anyone have to justify their reasons to you or any other player?