PDA

View Full Version : CA Second faction Meeting 12/12/04

Purple
13-12-04, 10:26
Well the second meeting went really well i think no interuptions and everyone had some really great ideas.

A summary of the meeting in short below

:- Tackling Allied killing possible remedies including:
Higher penalties e.g sl loss for killing and faction sympathy loss
Faction symp gets to - % and then guards see you as red therefor shoot you
Plaza becoming a Safe zone (this was voted as not a good idea)
Having to hold a Permit to draw your weapon in plaza - same principle as const Lsc.

:- Inter clan wars discussing the current issues with clans
NCAT was mentioned for allowing members to Pk allieds however we moved off subject to ways of preventing clan wars such as events.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY GOOD IDEAS FOR A CA EVENT PLZ MAIL ME YOUR IDEAS

We then moved to events looking to plan some CA events to help faction work together and become stronger.

Suggestions included :-

A CA Raid od DoY - a full frontal pro city attack against DoY
Sneakily Raiding DoY
There where several suggestions i will publish a seperate post in events and roleplay forum

I would like to say a BIg Thank you to everyone who attended it was great

Plz post any suggestions you may have

There was beer cola and a buffett at the end of the meeting.

Maui
13-12-04, 10:40
awww I missed it :'( :angel:

trigger hurt
13-12-04, 15:22
This is why I left the meeting.

Instead of discussing way to remedy the situation using the current game mechanics, there was more dicsussion ways to alter game mechanics to suit your needs.

And then it turned into an event comittee.

Purple
13-12-04, 15:37
it didnt turn into an event commitee !!! events are an important part of the faction too !

we discussed and left it for feedback at next meeting with regard to ways of preventing the current situation

events where discussed to try and help get CA to work together as a faction

i do indeed agree with you that prhaps there was not enough time spent on other issues but trying to keep the meeting on track was very hard

I will be holding a clan leaders meeting for CA to try and help the matters and eleviate a few problems

Moajority of people seemed pleased with the meeting and you must also remember that rome wasnt built in a day and it takes time to sort things out by numerous different steps.

I am sorry you felt this way and i am alwyas open to suggestions for the meetings if you have an issue you are more than welcome to stand and say whatever you wish (within reason lol)

I just organise a rough agenda tbh I would rather others give me what they want on an agenda then i dont have to stand there doing all the talking ( feels to me like people will think i wanna run the show ) i dont i want to help CA .

PLz mail me with anything u wanna add to the next meeting

ragards

Purple

Bugs Gunny
13-12-04, 15:38
Events won't stop the allied pkers from certain clans.

What will stop them is the joint interclan KOS list against them.

But then maybe they'll start complaining that they're being griefed by half the server.

As for a frontal attack on doy:
I LOVED the FF raid on the city, but it also showed that half the city doesn't care, another 25% wanna solo stop the thing, 20% go in a bit more organised and are able to fight, 5% logs on a spy to hack the belts from allied runners that died in combat.
Next time i'm just shooting the vultures.

DOY can't be raided with a frontal assault like that.
If you run to it, there's more doy bots than there is guards at the neocron entrance.
The idea in itself is cool, but the way pro city handles things now i see a small chance of it ever happening.

Purple
13-12-04, 15:41
i agree an attack of full frontal of DOY will be hard to achiebve however it was just a suggestion towards an event

another suggestion was towards a storyline of a CA employee being taken hostage by TG. resulting in both anti and pro having to go to a certain destination to fight.

obviously there is way more details to this event

Purple
13-12-04, 15:43
also buggs it would appear that allied killing in the way they do is neither classed as harrasment or being mobbed

but if the tables where turned and we did form a mass KOS to drive them away whats the situation with them complaining of harrasment and mobbing ??? wonder if u know or anyone can tell me an actual game definition.

Crest
13-12-04, 16:32
Having to hold a Permit to draw your weapon in plaza - same principle as const Lsc.

Trust the scum of Reeza to try and force more rules into our world. We once we able to walk amongst the scum, the low lifes, but now reeza has introduced new laws, these prevent us from entering the gates

Some of the brave who enter and clense, are shot on sight for their hard and good work.

We will smuggle such licenses, if these are requirements for clensing in your Plaza 1. If not, then we ignore the rules of the opressor, we will not give into the battle against the evil (Pro City) as we the good (Anti City) will proveil.

Its time that those of you who wish for a better life, join us, and walk the path of good and Righteous.

Soon the light of the Guardian shall be seen, and reeza's scum will be clensed

i agree an attack of full frontal of DOY will be hard to achiebve however it was just a suggestion towards an event

another suggestion was towards a storyline of a CA employee being taken hostage by TG. resulting in both anti and pro having to go to a certain destination to fight.

obviously there is way more details to this event

If you have the event, and keep it quiet, then the Gaurdians finest will not know you are there till you have started to invade, and in heart of the City of the free. Warning to all of reeza's scum, we will let you enter on your feet, but exit on your backs

Bugs Gunny
13-12-04, 16:36
Crest, we'll see how you feel once reza puts his ppu hybrid of death as a spy under a doy faction, stocks him up with Bp's for returning his sl to normal and then lets him walk out in the dome to kill and disrupt operations.

Spermy
13-12-04, 16:39
I see a lot of mechanics tweaks, rather than resolution of existing problems.

Have a forum for CA - Get a name/shame thread - allied killers are screenied - named and shamed - popular hangouts of said character are revealed.

Player becomes, well - a walking target for any and all I'm sure the rest of CA would guard you while you got ur sl up - but if they allied kill - then the SL won't be an issue.

Problem solved.

Tech haven network has a name and shame - and since that started - not a single angel on angel fatality.

Crest
13-12-04, 16:44
Crest, we'll see how you feel once reza puts his ppu hybrid of death as a spy under a doy faction, stocks him up with Bp's for returning his sl to normal and then lets him walk out in the dome to kill and disrupt operations.

Another blind of reeza's lies. What did he promise you to sell your soul. 101st were nobel once, then they were tempted by the easy life, and before you know it....

I fail to hold my emotions, I miss the warm food, and the rat free appartments, but I walk down our halls, our grand halls, and hear no properganda.

I smile with glee when I am purched on my post, looking down at a sheep of reeza, listning to the NCPD properganda (Warning all citezens, NCPD cannot secure your saftey outside the city wall limits) as I pull the trigger of truth, and the bullet of honour hits its mark, dies another one of reeza's sheep, and a honour notch on my wrist
Reeza can't protect you, we killed him years ago, when is the last time you saw reeza (BTW He was a She, AKA Lioness Reeza)

Bugs Gunny
13-12-04, 16:46
Talk about brainwashing.....

Did anyone else listen to this guy?

Must be what happens to your brain when you live surrounded by ratdroppings :-)

Crest
13-12-04, 16:50
Talk about brainwashing.....

Did anyone else listen to this guy?

Must be what happens to your brain when you live surrounded by ratdroppings :-)

We still belive you guys have hope, the good side could use good people, don't turn your back on the light

trigger hurt
13-12-04, 18:24
I see a lot of mechanics tweaks, rather than resolution of existing problems.

Have a forum for CA - Get a name/shame thread - allied killers are screenied - named and shamed - popular hangouts of said character are revealed.

Player becomes, well - a walking target for any and all I'm sure the rest of CA would guard you while you got ur sl up - but if they allied kill - then the SL won't be an issue.

Problem solved.

Tech haven network has a name and shame - and since that started - not a single angel on angel fatality.
That's my point. Everyone in that meeting was there talking about "let's do this for an event" instead of trying to figure out ways to remedy the real problem.

Those people, NCAT and the like, who do nothing but kill allies are there for that purpose. An event is not going to change them.

Sometimes, when there are only 2 or 3 of us fighting the people that raid NC (enemy or allied) on a daily basis, I think I should just go back to crahn sect. Why? because the people who are complaining the loudest are the people who are hiding in the safezones and either refuse to fight against the enemies or their are too scared to do so.

Maybe I'll switch to Crahn Sect again.

Morganth
13-12-04, 18:28
Sometimes, when there are only 2 or 3 of us fighting the people that raid NC (enemy or allied) on a daily basis, I think I should just go back to crahn sect. Why? because the people who are complaining the loudest are the people who are hiding in the safezones and either refuse to fight against the enemies or their are too scared to do so.

Well, its pretty much only us lot fighting them. Everyone else either hides or gets killed. Its pathetic reallly. Not only is it bad enough fighing allies, but the majority of those that whine about it are the tradeskillers who stand around in P1 expecting to be left alive, and the ones who only leave their HQ to zone to fix bugs.

nobby
13-12-04, 18:41
you forgot to mention my little idea purple about being able to apply for a wee job as a copbot, the FC should look at your history. if they feel that you've not done any allied killings and so on, you should be given a copbot PA and rifle, though, if people exploit these ways, they should just simply get the sack!

Spermy
13-12-04, 18:42
Well - you'd better do something guys, because there's an angry DoY mob at the gates, and if you don't get sorted all hell is gonna break loose.

Purple
13-12-04, 18:52
with reagrd to the meeting sorry sorry if i didnt meet everyones needs with regard to topics i tried

but when allieds are ganking in p1 Ncat or whoever i am there if i am on be it a ppu or apu i will help fight

its true we need to build up an alliance but i cant make people fight wish i could yes many people choose to run about shouting PKar ahhhhhhh kill it kill it

and yes people should fight but that was only the second CA meeting i cant make it go away there where at least 20 people there who all had a chance to share your passion and they didnt

I hoped they would have but thats where the suggestion of an event come up to try and get these people to actively take a part in the faction

trigger hurt
13-12-04, 18:52
Well - you'd better do something guys, because there's an angry DoY mob at the gates, and if you don't get sorted all hell is gonna break loose.
I might be joining them, spermy. I'm tired of fighting for a city that doesn't want my help. Back in NC1, I left TG to go Black Dragon with my friends because the TG clans there wanted to hack the ops away from us instead of helping us fight for them. It's starting to look like I should have stayed in Crahn in the first place when I started NC2. I went city admin to help fight against, what I knew, was going to be a strong enemy in DoY. But there are only a select few who actually want to fight. Everyone else is cannon fodder, apparently.

Darkener
13-12-04, 19:07
I might be joining them, spermy. I'm tired of fighting for a city that doesn't want my help. Back in NC1, I left TG to go Black Dragon with my friends because the TG clans there wanted to hack the ops away from us instead of helping us fight for them. It's starting to look like I should have stayed in Crahn in the first place when I started NC2. I went city admin to help fight against, what I knew, was going to be a strong enemy in DoY. But there are only a select few who actually want to fight. Everyone else is cannon fodder, apparently.
Well hopefully people on the opposite side say "hey theres not much fighting over there ill join them and try get something going". Joining them wont help you will just make it more boring to play DOY. Do any of the city clans hold op's by force atm or is it just doy being nice. If doy is being nice they should take it all. Ive never seen anything like hatred for someone who holds the world map. You get enemys everywhere. Maybe its time doy started acting alot more harshly . Give the city something to work towards . ATM the only people fighting are those that like to. Nothing like a common enemy to sort everyone else out. I also note that alot of new people starting out start neocron side because its recommended for noobs.

I also not FF have been the only clan to pull of what they did. Basicly showed up neocron made themselves a real big threat. No other clan has really done that. They challenged they city at jeriko and when a sufficent fight wasnt coming they took it into the city. I still believe going doy is not the answer if anything you make neocron weaker. Will it be more fun to fight a easy enemy, will it go back to what it was in NC1. DOY side being dominant except now in NC2 there is no factions like what BD was in NC 1 or tsu and chran being enemys, you will be bored fast if anything.

One other thing how does the city not want your help?? Your one of the clan leaders atm of a CA clan rally your mass's. I rember alot of people showed up the othernight. Alot of them died but still they didnt have many ppu's till ups showed.

Cerbious
13-12-04, 20:06
I just organise a rough agenda tbh I would rather others give me what they want on an agenda then i dont have to stand there doing all the talking ( feels to me like people will think i wanna run the show ) i dont i want to help CA .

i was only curious man lol One of ur clan lept at me for stating my question

though i will feel better if somthing offical was set in stone, this i will like to disscuss along with many other things at clan leader meeting.

@Crest lol love ur RP talk man really starting to like u.. but ur 'bullet of honour' (was it?) wouldnt reach its mark on me cause it wouldnt have time to leave ur barrel. Infact last thing u will see is the smoke coming out of my smoldering Cursed Soul. :)

trigger hurt
13-12-04, 20:53
Well hopefully people on the opposite side say "hey theres not much fighting over there ill join them and try get something going". Joining them wont help you will just make it more boring to play DOY. Do any of the city clans hold op's by force atm or is it just doy being nice. If doy is being nice they should take it all. Ive never seen anything like hatred for someone who holds the world map. You get enemys everywhere. Maybe its time doy started acting alot more harshly . Give the city something to work towards . ATM the only people fighting are those that like to. Nothing like a common enemy to sort everyone else out. I also note that alot of new people starting out start neocron side because its recommended for noobs.

I also not FF have been the only clan to pull of what they did. Basicly showed up neocron made themselves a real big threat. No other clan has really done that. They challenged they city at jeriko and when a sufficent fight wasnt coming they took it into the city. I still believe going doy is not the answer if anything you make neocron weaker. Will it be more fun to fight a easy enemy, will it go back to what it was in NC1. DOY side being dominant except now in NC2 there is no factions like what BD was in NC 1 or tsu and chran being enemys, you will be bored fast if anything.

One other thing how does the city not want your help?? Your one of the clan leaders atm of a CA clan rally your mass's. I rember alot of people showed up the othernight. Alot of them died but still they didnt have many ppu's till ups showed.
haha. Well...the demise of PAIN kinda hurt city admin...as much as I hate to say it. The clan was really one of the only real threats that DoY had.

So now that everyone has gone their seperate ways (fair weather friends, i say), being CA kinda sucks. Problem is, our "masses" don't even play anymore. Or log on once in a while. Attempting to gather together to go take back jeriko the other day proved to be more like a visit to the dentist. I hate being a leader, didnt want to be a leader and even asked to be demoted.

What will going pro-doy fix for me? It would take some time, but after those guys let by-gones be by-gones, I'll get to fight alongside people who actually want to take the fight to the doorstep. Not have a fucking meeting about it, then put it off until we can turn it into an event. Fuck that I say. Organize the troops right then and go fight. Screw what you might lose in a belt.

The other day, I asked 4 or 5 people if they wanted to go on a raid. The responses were varied, but mostly ended up with shit like "I'm waiting on friends." or "I can't be bothered to fight, I'll probably drop something in my belt" or "My vagina is all sandy and irritated." Yeah...these are the guys I want to rally...to have my back.

bubba
13-12-04, 22:53
Well remember this people. And this is not an excuse. Anti-city factions are recommended for advanced players as per the initial character setup screen. So DOY is mostly made up of people who have played this game and understand it. Pro-city has far more variety of people I.e. noobs, tradeskillers, etc. Anti-city has the fighters and pro-city has some fighters and the leftovers (how hard is it to get a poke or a res in DOY). So it is more of a challenge to get an army ready at the spur of the moment on the pro-city side. As far as Jeriko the other day, FF organized and came to Jeriko and announced their presence. How long did that take. Now it was pro-city's turn to organize and fight. That takes time. It eventually happened but not in the numbers we would have liked seeing.

Anyway, hopefully these discussions will piss off enough pro-city to actually consider joining the armies when needed. I spent hours fighting at Jeriko and Plaza 3/DRE HQ that day. We drove them out of Plaza 3 and we were proud. Jeriko was tougher but we held our own to some extent. Bottom line is lets not give up pro-city folks. Noobs...level your characters up for the fight. Tradeskillers be ready to fix broken weapons and poke when needed (if imp drop bug ever gets fixed) :) Together we can make a difference and wipe out DOY scum.

Darkener
14-12-04, 00:04
haha. Well...the demise of PAIN kinda hurt city admin...as much as I hate to say it. The clan was really one of the only real threats that DoY had.

So now that everyone has gone their seperate ways (fair weather friends, i say), being CA kinda sucks. Problem is, our "masses" don't even play anymore. Or log on once in a while. Attempting to gather together to go take back jeriko the other day proved to be more like a visit to the dentist. I hate being a leader, didnt want to be a leader and even asked to be demoted.

What will going pro-doy fix for me? It would take some time, but after those guys let by-gones be by-gones, I'll get to fight alongside people who actually want to take the fight to the doorstep. Not have a fucking meeting about it, then put it off until we can turn it into an event. Fuck that I say. Organize the troops right then and go fight. Screw what you might lose in a belt.

The other day, I asked 4 or 5 people if they wanted to go on a raid. The responses were varied, but mostly ended up with shit like "I'm waiting on friends." or "I can't be bothered to fight, I'll probably drop something in my belt" or "My vagina is all sandy and irritated." Yeah...these are the guys I want to rally...to have my back.
Hehehehe Your not a lone runner or someone that can sit back and wait to be told what to do. Your one of the leaders of a clan its your job to organise stuff. Try pull your clan togther, get new active members ect. Your a spy i might add raiding = easy for you. Try raid on a tank everone knows were you are you stick out like a sore thumb.

You keep saying fuck that to meetings ect. You organise the troops and go fight. Stop waiting for people to do it. You want it so bad organise what you can start with your clan then go from there. Hopefully AYB will take off soon and we will help ya do so.

Im glad you enjoy leading. Hopefully you understand how frustrating it made me when trying to organise stuff like that.

Jesterthegreat
14-12-04, 00:37
Events won't stop the allied pkers from certain clans.

What will stop them is the joint interclan KOS list against them.

But then maybe they'll start complaining that they're being griefed by half the server.

As for a frontal attack on doy:
I LOVED the FF raid on the city, but it also showed that half the city doesn't care, another 25% wanna solo stop the thing, 20% go in a bit more organised and are able to fight, 5% logs on a spy to hack the belts from allied runners that died in combat.
Next time i'm just shooting the vultures.

DOY can't be raided with a frontal assault like that.
If you run to it, there's more doy bots than there is guards at the neocron entrance.
The idea in itself is cool, but the way pro city handles things now i see a small chance of it ever happening.

if anyone kos's me and actually fights back ill quit the game!!!1!1!!oineoneone

or not.

Maui
14-12-04, 00:49
if anyone kos's me and actually fights back ill quit the game!!!1!1!!oineoneone

or not.

ur a bad boy jester, stop killing allies or ill kill you.

SypH
14-12-04, 01:40
Im pro city, and I'm sad to say that the majority of city dwellers are whiney bitches. It's always the same thing "Waaaaah Doy people attacked me in Plaza 1. Everyone go get them" "Waaaaah some ally (no names needed since everyone knows who it is;)) killed me in plaza 1! Come get him/them!". How about you grow a pair and actually make an effort to get them yourself.

The other night I sat and watched as a certain NEXT tank ran around plaza 1 attacking people, and everyone just stood and watch him. I watched him take down 2 PPU's, an APU and I think a spy, alone I might add (well there was a PE with him but honestly he was doing nothing worth writing home about) while people stood and watched. A few people showed up after he went into the red (and that was only cause I told people over comms) and he left/got killed/whatever. Then of course there was the whining over Alliance about allied pkers and whatnot. They only do it because you castrated retards stand around like gimps and watch them.

I dont plan on jumping ship to Doy (although sometimes I wish I had stayed in Crahn) but I'm seriously losing the will to fight because 9 times out of 10 the rest of the city wants to hold hands and skip around plaza 1 instead of help, some will be crying in Medicare about NCAT (keep up the good work) and a few more will be in an HQ sipping tea and discussing their period troubles, while a handful actually try and fight off pking allies or Doy invaders.

Jesterthegreat
14-12-04, 02:11
Im pro city, and I'm sad to say that the majority of city dwellers are whiney bitches. It's always the same thing "Waaaaah Doy people attacked me in Plaza 1. Everyone go get them" "Waaaaah some ally (no names needed since everyone knows who it is;)) killed me in plaza 1! Come get him/them!". How about you grow a pair and actually make an effort to get them yourself.

The other night I sat and watched as a certain NEXT tank ran around plaza 1 attacking people, and everyone just stood and watch him. I watched him take down 2 PPU's, an APU and I think a spy, alone I might add (well there was a PE with him but honestly he was doing nothing worth writing home about) while people stood and watched. A few people showed up after he went into the red (and that was only cause I told people over comms) and he left/got killed/whatever. Then of course there was the whining over Alliance about allied pkers and whatnot. They only do it because you castrated retards stand around like gimps and watch them.

I dont plan on jumping ship to Doy (although sometimes I wish I had stayed in Crahn) but I'm seriously losing the will to fight because 9 times out of 10 the rest of the city wants to hold hands and skip around plaza 1 instead of help, some will be crying in Medicare about NCAT (keep up the good work) and a few more will be in an HQ sipping tea and discussing their period troubles, while a handful actually try and fight off pking allies or Doy invaders.

exacly 110% the way i feel.

people need to deal with it... not expect someone else to do it.

Ch1n Th3 M4g
14-12-04, 02:33

true....true.

M

Asurmen Spec Op
14-12-04, 03:11
lol purple this isnt NC1 I dont know why you waste your time with "CA"

SypH
14-12-04, 04:12
exacly 110% the way i feel.

people need to deal with it... not expect someone else to do it. And thats one of the reasons I dont exactly enjoy fighting you lot. Why the hell should I risk losing my hard earned stuff because someone else is to much of a girl to fight their own battles? It took me alot of solo work to get my decent slotted PPU stuff and the only people I'll risk it for is clan mates, not some little idiot in plaza 1 who took his LE out when he was 0/2 and thought nobody would touch him.

I've only really killed 1 ally for no good reason in NC2 (because being extremely high isnt really a good reason) but when you listen to some of these people moan it makes me wish it was either a) me taking part in the ally killing or b) me being a part of the Doy raiding force.

borl
14-12-04, 04:28
Heh, the funniest thing about this whole issue is when I'm on one of my city alts and see some (and I do mean some) of the allied PKers calling people carebears over trade/alliance, as they hide in their BTHQ safezone. There were some great posts about the "anti-carebear carebear" on the old forums, I'll see if I can find some.

Incidentally it doesn't bother me that much, it's not exactly hard to avoid. But the reason for it being easily avoidable is also the reason it's hard to fight back against... If you have a group of say, 3 people who want to do some allied pking. Most people knows this, knows them by name etc. Provided they have all of the NC HQ genreps, then they can flit about the city as much as they like. If they're spotted at one HQ and people group together to fight them, they can just walk to the genrep, warp to a different HQ and start over.

The only solutions to this (if indeed it's right to suggest a solution, and I'm not convinved that it is) are to either make TH the only safezone (to make hunting allied pkers easier), or to implement some kind of faction guard attacking low FS system. There is no way to do anything using the current system, it's too easy to get around.

Lothar IB
14-12-04, 07:14
In other games i've played leaders had power. Is that not the case here?
Right now it seems to me the leaders in this game are in name only and have no real authority. Do leaders of clans and factions have any real power or authority to enforce the ideals and goals or said groups?

gratex
14-12-04, 10:48
Right now it seems to me the leaders in this game are in name only and have no real authority. Do leaders of clans and factions have any real power or authority to enforce the ideals and goals or said groups?

I suppose they have the power to kick these people out of their clan, which I've had to do twice so far. Without a clan tag, or the threat of clan retalliation *some* pkers will stop. If they're not in a clan, then... there's not much you can do except kos them.

There's nothing hardcoded into the game atm, so it's up to individuals, groups and clans to get things sorted out. I dunno about anyone else but I'll have a go at any ally pker whatever their rank.. it usually ends in my death but at least I TRY, which, in my opinion, more people need to do.

Kopaka
14-12-04, 11:00
u trying to get more SL loss?
havent u noticed that if im Pking (yes, im also smurfis) that my soullight will be positive again within 5 minutes time?
faction sympathy drop to negative after 1 kill ?
thats bullshit and u know it.. KK wont do anything about that.
if u accidentally hit some1 from ur own faction and that person dies... omg omg omg omg guards KOS KOS KOS u KOSKOSKOSKOSTBH.
then what?
get ur friend to make a TG symp bitch and kill him till u got positive faction symp again?

tbh i think all u city guys need to get more skill in stead of whining on the forums with ur so called CA meetings.

Keep it ingame

N

/edit
oh and btw if u dont want to get shot just go to HQs.. and dont go whining about how we suck.. if we suck then how come we still kill u everytime u dont run.. eek

Morganth
14-12-04, 11:01

They have the power to kick people, however in most of the larger clans the higher ranked members have been playing NC with each other for a while and are all friends. Its easy to kick John Smith out of the clan, but not someone you have known for a year or more just for one thing that happened. This is where real life takes over. Would you risk a friendship just to remove someone's clan tag?

Personally I agree with anyone who has stated in this thread that no one does anything about NCAT. The last 4-5 times I have fought them it has been with MY clan members. Everyone else only turns up when we say over alliance we are the only ones here, or they decide to be brave and come along. I've seen a PPU stay in CA HQ because they were outside. Christ, I had them chasing me around the middle of Plaza 1 as a distraction a few days ago on my PPU, and only died because of a skilful chaincasted nib heal and HAB.

If you aren't going to fight them, don't even bother whining, because it will get to a point where we (UnforgiveN) won't bother fighting them anymore, because all it does is gives us the chance to drop something decent. And once we stop killing them, you may as well stay in your HQs because when NCAT are organised even we have difficultly killing them.

And at Darkener: At least Ezekial doesn't decide to take breaks and leave the clan leaderless whenever he feels like it.#

EDIT: Smurfis your sig is too long, lol. And in reply to Zheo's comment in your sig, remember when I killed you in Medicare on my PE? :lol:

Kopaka
14-12-04, 11:03
i havent seen u killing us morganth
i remember smurfis killing u tho

/edit
2 or more ppl play on smurfis.. so no i dont remember.. wasnt me tbh
im ur friendly neightbourhood ppu black heart.
u shoulda seen the fight yesterday, both teams are in my sig..
we had 2 mc tanks and 1 (my) ppu
btw there where 3 or 4 enemy tanks, not 2
they were better of not bringing that many ppl.. cuz then i wouldnt have logged my ppu and stayed on smurfis, but i guess they wanted their belts hacked :lol:

Morganth
14-12-04, 11:06
i havent seen u killing us morganth
i remember smurfis killing u tho

My PE killed you on your tank inside Medicare, you said it was "luck".
I have been on my PE against you lot with my clan, I have been on my tank against you lot with my clan, I have even PPU'd for my clan the other day when we killed 3-4 out of the 5 of you that were PKiing in P1. I was also there when we scared you into your apt 2 days ago.

EDIT: In response to your edit - thats probably why then. Yesterday U4N gave up fighting you, because we couldn't get a PPU :rolleyes:

Kopaka
14-12-04, 11:08
like i said.. im not the only 1 who plays smurfis so i dont know.
im also not the only 1 playing on my own account (black heart).
but when i play my ppu, theres no way 4 of us couldve died...
guess it wasnt me.. i didnt play for 2 weeks.. started again 2 days ago

in response to ur edit.. i meant the fight outside BT HQ, not the usual plaza1 battlefield..
and now i gotta go cuz im at school.. gotta make PP presentation :(
ill reply later today if i see posts i need to flame back at :)

Morganth
14-12-04, 11:13
like i said.. im not the only 1 who plays smurfis so i dont know.
im also not the only 1 playing on my own account (black heart).
but when i play my ppu, theres no way 4 of us couldve died...
guess it wasnt me.. i didnt play for 2 weeks.. started again 2 days ago

in response to ur edit.. i meant the fight outside BT HQ, not the usual plaza1 battlefield..
and now i gotta go cuz im at school.. gotta make PP presentation :(
ill reply later today if i see posts i need to flame back at :)

We killed Smurfen (another PPU who supported NCAT) when we fought chopo, Rincewind, Nimmer and Yoshimitsu outside A+W, then Black Heart came along to try and rezz but we scared him away :)

Gotterdammerung
14-12-04, 11:20
this is a thread about a faction meeting. Not who-killed-who-when-they-were-afk-or-their-cat-jumped-in-their-lap

please get back on topic or this will get closed

Genji
14-12-04, 12:39
"My vagina is all sandy and irritated."

*sigh* god, thats a classic :lol:

EDIT:

ur a bad boy jester, stop killing allies or ill kill you.

HAHA now you guys get to deal with him =p

Bugs Gunny
14-12-04, 12:40
I'm eagerly awaiting the interfaction clanleader meeting to see if this topic gets discussed there.

No matter how "Leet" ncat think they are, they are affraid of a joint KOS list, since they brag about having 24 chars to log on, but don't want us to know which ones they are. Maybe they are not so "brave" after all eh? :-)

Morganth
14-12-04, 13:03
I'm eagerly awaiting the interfaction clanleader meeting to see if this topic gets discussed there.

No matter how "Leet" ncat think they are, they are affraid of a joint KOS list, since they brag about having 24 chars to log on, but don't want us to know which ones they are. Maybe they are not so "brave" after all eh? :-)

I think we should hold the meeting in Plaza 1 just to make a statement :p

But I know it will be in a safezone, as thats where most clan leaders hang out when they aren't logged off.

Kopaka
14-12-04, 13:48

u had to call ur clanmembers to help u when i fought u in a 1 on 1 so dont talk about being brave.
there were like 6-7 ppl fighting me after our little fight..
howmany ppl there were is in my sig *cough* eek *cough*
have meetings all u want, u cant change us PKing allies as long as u talk shit about us.
get some1 decent to talk to us in stead of ppl saying:
"EVERY1 KOS SMURFIS ON SIGHT HE PKED ME OVER AND OVER EEK"

if u dont want us to PK u, dont talk shit about us then.
some apu called me a pussy and told me to go out the HQ, i go out, almost kill him then he runs and zones to via2 where his ppu was waiting for him..
and then u guys whine about allied killing.. talk normal and u'll be fine

Jesterthegreat
14-12-04, 13:59
Personally I agree with anyone who has stated in this thread that no one does anything about NCAT. The last 4-5 times I have fought them it has been with MY clan members. Everyone else only turns up when we say over alliance we are the only ones here, or they decide to be brave and come along.

bingo...

you found both the problem (lack of people willing to actually fight) and the solution (actually fighting us).

all we need is more people to fight back and we may be "dealt with" :)

Maui
14-12-04, 14:01

I think were pretty leet actualy :x

leet assholes ;P

Jesterthegreat
14-12-04, 14:04
my chars are Rincewind, Average Joe, Ficknosh McMaximus and Drone Love...

feel free to add me to a joint kos list.

oh and i dont think im leet... i dont think im a vet... i just play how i play.

and im on my lunch break so this will be a short discussion :p

Bugs Gunny
14-12-04, 14:15
blahblahblah....

make your own thread if you wanna go on whining about who killed whoand how many people you kill in front of which safezone, you always run to.

Don't complain about a joint KOS list for you and all the people that decide to run with you. You bring it onto yourself and i don't think there's a way to get away from it, all you'll be able to do is change names, if you still have that option left.

Personaly, i'll kos all people that cary the ncat badge, including the ones that run with them. Maybe even the ones i see talking friendly to them.
I hope other people will addopt this too, and make ncat the pariahs of the server.

And no, i don't say that i'm leet or that i can kill the entire server, but i'll sure try to kill you when i can, and i don't mind losing shit.

Jesterthegreat
14-12-04, 14:18
blahblahblah....

make your own thread if you wanna go on whining about who killed whoand how many people you kill in front of which safezone, you always run to.

Don't complain about a joint KOS list for you and all the people that decide to run with you. You bring it onto yourself and i don't think there's a way to get away from it, all you'll be able to do is change names, if you still have that option left.

Personaly, i'll kos all people that cary the ncat badge, including the ones that run with them. Maybe even the ones i see talking friendly to them.
I hope other people will addopt this too, and make ncat the pariahs of the server.

And no, i don't say that i'm leet or that i can kill the entire server, but i'll sure try to kill you when i can, and i don't mind losing shit.

you will fight back?

someone will fight back?

the game just picked up lads

Kopaka
14-12-04, 14:18
dude
it would save some time if u just did a /set kill_self 1
it saves ur armor and not to mention mine, and if u dont mind losing shit, ill be happy to hack ur belt

Maui
14-12-04, 14:19
sweet, I love the idea to make NCAT kos by all clans =]

I always knew that NCAT would stir up the server a bit.

looks like were doing a great job.

Jesterthegreat
14-12-04, 14:19
your sig is too big boss :p

:edit:

ncat seem to have made a bigger impresion than big clans like FF... i see this is a good thing.

more power to small clans!

Dribble Joy
14-12-04, 14:25
*sits to one side and passes popcorn*

Ch1n Th3 M4g
14-12-04, 14:26

no......
we aint affraid...
u lot die the most, maybe its because u suck or u bring 2 may people
but tbh
if ncat kos all the clans that have kos's us.
plaza's going 2 be 1 empty place....ya?

Kopaka
14-12-04, 14:28
no......
we aint affraid...
u lot die the most, maybe its because u suck or u bring 2 may people
but tbh
if ncat kos all the clans that have kos's us.
plaza's going 2 be 1 empty place....ya?
word!

Ch1n Th3 M4g
14-12-04, 14:28

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bugs Gunny
14-12-04, 14:29
EDIT: How about the other guys, mind giving us the names of all your leet alts?

No, i take my hat off to FF, they actualy work to achieve greatness.
The way they fought their way into the city, actualy taking on enemies of doy, and getting into plaza3 made the game enjoyable for everyone.

Ncat is just a bunch of lame people, too lazy to actualy travel the wastes to find an enemy, log on, run out of safezone, kill unsuspecting runner, run back in safezone, run two bp missions, back out. Large response team shows up... uhoh... i might lose shit, time to log off.
ANYONE can do that.

My elderly grandma, using her fake teeth as a melee weapon will be more leet at doing that than the whole of ncat.

deac
14-12-04, 14:34
No, i take my hat off to FF, they actualy work to achieve greatness.
The way they fought their way into the city, actualy taking on enemies of doy, and getting into plaza3 made the game enjoyable for everyone.

thx :)

its actually much harder for a big clan to get things done than for a small clan to do pk raids.

edit : that long fight at the gates of neocron was great fun :)

Maui
14-12-04, 14:35
rofl the only thing that FF can is zerg ppl and they still whine wtf !

Ch1n Th3 M4g
14-12-04, 14:36
EDIT:
My elderly grandma, using her fake teeth as a melee weapon will be more leet at doing that than the whole of ncat.

:rolleyes:
:wtf:
:lol:
tbh

Maui
14-12-04, 14:37

I hope u can get her to play NC maybe she will get an invite to ncat if she is any good

Ch1n Th3 M4g
14-12-04, 14:40
I hope u can get her to play NC maybe she will get an invite to ncat if she is any good

and on the condition that she bitch slaps u when u whine...
wow ur going 2 have a sore face huh :lol:

Kopaka
14-12-04, 15:59
Bugs, i assume u talking about smurfis logging off in BT HQ with red sl..
ill tell u why i logged him out.

1) smurfis is not my char but a friends char, i dont wanna loose his CS/dev..
2) you had 7+ ppl there, versus me
3) MAGNASON and Nimmer helped me fight u, we all got red/near red sl
4) i logged on my PPU to PPU for them.
5) after we were done, both tanks (MAGNASON and Nimmer) had, i think, -32 sl (which is back to positive already)
6) you had 2 ppus spamming the place with holy paralyze
7) i spammed the place with antipara
8) u all died and genrepped to try again
9) same as 8
10) same as 8
11) same as 8
12) i hacked Zheo's PA, who made a thread about this tbh, im honored btw
13) i gave the PA back for 75k.. normally i ask 1 mil for it
14) information sold her body for it also tbh :D (sex tbh)
15) in the end we all had fun (but we a little more than u guys)
16) smurfis is still at -17 but he has no more NEXT blueprints :(
17) gotta get symp bitch for him to get 62 biotech symp
18) then i can use my 2000+ blueprints for him

bi0
14-12-04, 16:23
CA faction meeting .. what..? nice thread, ncat boys pissing all over the place as per

wuv and respect goes out to those who loose their belts to allies, ITS SHOCKING 8| AND SHOULD NOT HAPPEN! the ally pkzrZZzz should be banned, cos thats NOT HOW YOUR SUPPOSED TO PLAY THE GAME
only kill reds only kill reds only kill reds. we dont care if you pay for this game and have played it from day 1, stop playing it the way you want, and play it the way we want!!! - <3 Mr C. Bear

Lothar IB
14-12-04, 16:45
They have the power to kick people, however in most of the larger clans the higher ranked members have been playing NC with each other for a while and are all friends. Its easy to kick John Smith out of the clan, but not someone you have known for a year or more just for one thing that happened. This is where real life takes over. Would you risk a friendship just to remove someone's clan tag?

If it is a constant problem then yes they would be out this includes RL life friends. Have done it in the past sure it'll happen in the future. My unit does not just can someone on a whim thou. However agian if a problem continues and it tarnishes the image of the unit something will be done.

Guess i'm to old school gaming cause i just don't get it.

If i'm out in a bunker somewhere and a teamate turns and shoots me or gives away my position to the other team i'm gonna light him up then kick him off the team, maybe some of these allied pkers need to be taken out for a few games of paintball and schooled with a few bonus balls to the back of the head from a fellow member :lol:

Selendor
14-12-04, 17:33
I've been in many of these CA meetings in the last two years, what I've found is that talking achieves little, although it does allow people to get to know who is around and who is the major players for the faction.

What seemed to work best in the past was simply getting grudges out of the way fast and then getting down to some enemy killing as soon as possible, nothing helps faction unity like a major victory.

This allied pking is simply a result of the game being stalled and people getting bored when presented with an easy option, especially with no implants popping. KK are the shepheards but they've let the flock stray as far as I'm concerned.

This ncat clan seem to be on the whole attention whores, nothing more, and definitely nothing new in the shrinking world of Neocron. So the best thing is to just ignore their posts in this thread and don't fight them at all in-game (they hold the advantage because of the game rules). Don't give them easy targets and they'll go elsewhere for their fun.

Spex
14-12-04, 17:47
This thread is so full of ego-maniacs.

To fight the ally-PKers you have basicly 2 choices as a normal player (and without changing the current underlying game system):

Fuck them up 24/7. I mean it like killing them over and over, no matter how many people you throw at them as long as they die. There are downsides, though:

Hunting people down can be fun for the first hour, but then it gets boring and more boring. The result should be clear, and is not really what this thing was initially intented to.
The criminals can hide in safezones. The very fact itself is ok, but they can regain faction symp and SL in these zones. So the negative effect of having bad symps and SL gets negated in the safezones. Naturally you can expect the criminals to use all (legal?) possibilities of the game system to work in their favor, means they will hide in the safezones and replenish their symps and SL (what they are doing already).

The second approach is to totally ignore them. The responses of the NCAT crew in this thread show it already: They need a platform to present themselfs, and, more importantly, need others to respond to it. They rely on feedback. Killing this feedback means they have nothing they can relate their actions to for boosting the ego. Don't moan about them, neither here nor ingame, don't talk with them, don't trade with them, run away when you see them (and warn others) or just get killed, no reply, no response, regardless what they do. Kind of a common blacklist. Downside of this approach is the mentality of many players, it requires a strong will to do stuff which runs against your "instincts", not to trade when they have exactly what you need, not to respond when they start insulting you or trying to sell the stuff they looted from your belt etc.pp. Secondly it may need a while before you see any changes (you need to have more patience than they have, but this is true for the first approach as well).

Personally I prefer the second approach, passive resistance. It doesn't require much of your time, you can follow your business except when these peeps show up and don't need to camp zone lines, GRs and whatnot just to be there when the criminals show up again. Let them die from ego-starvation.

The other approaches require a change in the underlying game system, be it the guards in the city reacting towards murderers (e.g. having them on KOS for 1 hour of their ingame time) or changes to the faction+SL system or whatever else is possible to add harsher penalties for them.

Edit: Selendor put it all together in a bunch of fewer words already while I was typing my text here, oh well :)

Bugs Gunny
14-12-04, 17:53
Come to think of it, that's probably very true selendor.

And yes, from what i've seen on how i entertained their egos today i'd say a blacklist is gonna work realy good on them.

I wonder how many names we can share on the upcomming interfaction meeting for the list.

Ch1n Th3 M4g
14-12-04, 17:55
lol i love it

makes a warm fuzz feeling in my pants 8|

Doc Holliday
14-12-04, 19:34
this is a thread about a faction meeting. Not who-killed-who-when-they-were-afk-or-their-cat-jumped-in-their-lap

please get back on topic or this will get closed

anyone notice which group of fuckin pricks hijacked the thread in the first place?

edit i couldnt give a shit if i get banned but how nice would it be to come visit some of u guys and see if u can really pvp? i mean really. person vs person cos some of you really need a good punch to make u wake up to the real world and get out of livin in that game where u "own" so bad.

you guys are so close to each other its almost homosexual!

Nidhogg
14-12-04, 19:43
Thread closed - you were warned.

N