PDA

View Full Version : Thank you KK. Warning lots of pics

NeoDriver
13-12-04, 01:29
Well as you can see from the pics below the event that was held on terra was a great success and soooo much fun also =)

NeoDriver
13-12-04, 01:31
more pics

NeoDriver
13-12-04, 01:33
and more

NeoDriver
13-12-04, 01:34
and finnally more

Ascension
13-12-04, 01:46
when was that? must of been during fight night?

Tostino
13-12-04, 01:47
30 min ago... I only know because i see the what i was saying in the chat window :'(

Seven
13-12-04, 02:12
It would be a good idea to give some notice BEFORE events, like, oh I dunno...
..a post on the forums? :rolleyes:

Even better, have it on the launch screen a couple of days before the event.

wombat74
13-12-04, 02:25
It would be a good idea to give some notice BEFORE events, like, oh I dunno...
..a post on the forums? :rolleyes:

Even better, have it on the launch screen a couple of days before the event.

Normally I wholly aggree, but with this one it looks like an attack by DoY bots on NC - that's very appropriate to be done on a spur-of-the-moment thing, as we normally wouldn't have any sort of warning

(except possibly an email or alliance message prior saying something like "Our Agents in DoY have reported pre-staging for a possible attack on the city. We can't be sure of when the attack will commence, but intel seems to indicate some time between 16:00 and 21:00 Sunday..." - that might work :))

MkVenner
13-12-04, 02:34
i wonder if any one actually took any notice of that post asking how we feel about events...with something like 107 people saying they dont get enough warning lol...im not being ungrateful, its great we're getting events, it just woulda been cool to know to log on for it...

shame i would have liked to take part....

El Jimben
13-12-04, 02:44
I know what you mean, I saw like 2 TGS guys (I'm crahn btw) then a whole load of storm bots vs DOY scouts etc. I saw alot of red peeps too, so I sniped a few with my CS.

Then someone says no PKing?

Arbiter
13-12-04, 02:52
As stated before, we can not announce all events. In this case it was just a spontanious one, we didn't know about it ourselves yesterday.

Seven
13-12-04, 03:55
As stated before, we can not announce all events. In this case it was just a spontanious one, we didn't know about it ourselves yesterday.

Well in a case like that, how about a few hours notice in game, on the forums, and launch page.

Tantta
13-12-04, 04:31
wasn't that fun really, there was some random pkers and belt hackers.

i lost my holy rezz :rolleyes:

without those it would be really fun tho

wombat74
13-12-04, 04:59
I know what you mean, I saw like 2 TGS guys (I'm crahn btw) then a whole load of storm bots vs DOY scouts etc. I saw alot of red peeps too, so I sniped a few with my CS.

Then someone says no PKing?

If the event is at NC, I don't know why there can't be any Doy vs NC PKing - after all it certainly looked like a DoY invasion attempt? I do agree that allied PKing in a situation like that is bullshit. In a real war that would be considered treason and the perp would be executed. But then again I'm sure I'll just be labelled a carebear and derided for daring to suggest that people don't allied gank.

Dan Szeen
13-12-04, 05:20
I came fairly late to the event. But I have to say it was great thing. Not only that but there were a heap of anti city at Jeriko which made it that much more entertaining.

I liked the fact that it was just happening unannounced. Very appropriate as someone said earlier. I hope there's more of it, more often.... :)

Icewalk
13-12-04, 06:36
30 min ago... I only know because i see the what i was saying in the chat window :'(
Im going to catch up with you sometime Tosty. It's Icewalk, remember we got trapped in the Blood Titans Clan Apt?

Bugs Gunny
13-12-04, 07:57
Wasn't there, but would have loved to come.

Kinda Like FF stormingthe gates of neocron and breaking through, good fight guys.

Arbiter
13-12-04, 10:14
If the event is at NC, I don't know why there can't be any Doy vs NC PKing - after all it certainly looked like a DoY invasion attempt? I do agree that allied PKing in a situation like that is bullshit. In a real war that would be considered treason and the perp would be executed. But then again I'm sure I'll just be labelled a carebear and derided for daring to suggest that people don't allied gank.

Watching belthackers in a PvP event needs more GMs around then we had at the event last night. I agree that it would have make sense to have DoY vs. NC Runners there as well, but I have done it too often already to believe that we could have managed it with two GMs (Krysm and me).

t0tt3
13-12-04, 14:52
To do a event isnt that hard to do... why start a fucking week and do 5 meetings that gives a jackshit....

Even our own clan FF makes more events on the Terra server and are anounced "some call it spam" but anyway there are aonounced at least 1 hour to 30 min before..

We have even more things going on atm I shall not tell yet but more fun not only FN event will be hold for the server and all the runners...

Just do something is that so hard? Make somone to be a eventholder on each server at least 1 a week... more fun more players more cash... [ edited ]

Nidhogg
13-12-04, 14:56
To do a event isnt that hard to do... why start a fucking week and do 5 meetings that gives a jackshit.... [ edited ]
This was an event. If you want to comment on events in general then use the sticky.

N

Dr Strange
13-12-04, 16:37

You need new policies then. If it was a spur of the moment thing, allow players time to ACTUALLY GET THERE. Even my higher ranked runners didn't have a gen rep close to where it took place, closet I had was 5 sectors away, by the time I got there (in a vehicle btw) it was over.

If you are going to just make up cool shit at any time, it's not very nice to just keep it going a small time while only a few show up. I mean what other "Events" are there to entertain us lately? The stupid TH auctions where you are pretty limited on what you can and cannot sell? The occasional player shop thing that's in TH?

GM's and Event guys can pop into any spot on the map at their will, players can't, give us time since hey, we are paying cash for it after all

[ edited ]

plague
13-12-04, 16:54
bah ffs....another even missed, some notice would be nice, oh well we don't need to know about such thing we only players :mad:

Nidhogg
13-12-04, 18:13
/edit - I discovered that Dr Strange has a previous warning for arguing the moderation of his content. This conversation has therefore been removed.

Arbiter
13-12-04, 19:23
We started at around 22:00 GMT, and it lasted till at least midnight GMT. Two hours should be enough to get there, shouldn't it?

Seven
13-12-04, 19:30
We started at around 22:00 GMT, and it lasted till at least midnight GMT. Two hours should be enough to get there, shouldn't it?

Yes, if I knew about it.

Nidhogg
13-12-04, 19:35
How did the people who went know about it? Honest question.

N

MrChumble
13-12-04, 19:44
/me scratches head.

How can an event be a bad thing? If you don't have the GRs to get there then get them for next time, if you lost your belt...well welcome to Neocron, losing belts at an event is hardly a new thing. Anyone with half a brain knows it's a risk they're running when they go.

Thanks for the event, it's always appreciated.

plague
13-12-04, 19:52

N
honest answear

they where logged in, if u not logged in there is no way to know about it now is there.... So lil thread half or an hour before would be realy helpfull..As rare as events are I think we should be notified about them....

Nidhogg
13-12-04, 19:56
honest answear

they where logged in, if u not there no way to know about it now is there.... So lil thread half or an hour before would be realy helpfull..As rare events as they r I think we should notified about them....
If you post a thread about it an hour before you'll just get a bunch of people standing in a zone going "right, where are they then?" That effectively stops the GMs from setting up those kinds of events. They are, by their very nature, spontaneous (from the point of view of the runner) and therefore just the luck of the draw.

If an event is announced and lasts for two hours there's no reason why the people who received the announcement couldn't make it.

N

Dr Strange
13-12-04, 19:59
[ edited ]

plague
13-12-04, 20:03
well, i guess. But i have yet to paticipate in event in nc2 and I do look out for them. And am sure as many others, i wish there was some kind of better notification so we can make it...just a tought..

nobby
13-12-04, 20:17
wasn't that fun really, there was some random pkers and belt hackers.

i lost my holy rezz :rolleyes:

without those it would be really fun tho

lol, seeing the screens..."i lost my rezz"..."stupid belt hacker," "quick he's dead, hack his belt!"

me hugs holy rezz.... :p :p :p :lol:

Spermy
13-12-04, 20:33
lol, seeing the screens..."i lost my rezz"..."stupid belt hacker," "quick he's dead, hack his belt!"

me hugs holy rezz.... :p :p :p :lol:

I take it you hacked eh?

Ur a bastard nobs.

nobby
13-12-04, 20:34
so all the other spies are allowed to grab the belts then stealth away?.....
that ain't fair tbh! :mad:

Spermy
13-12-04, 20:35
so all the other spies are allowed to grab the belts then stealth away?.....
that ain't fair tbh! :mad:

No one else dicks about rubbing screenies in peoples faces.

TB effing H.

nobby
13-12-04, 20:36
look, i'll bloody give it back then!

Spermy
13-12-04, 20:39
*Beats nobby with the intelligence 2x4 - hoping some will stick*

nobby
13-12-04, 20:42
:) now i know that hacking belts at events is very wrong! :)
:) nobby shall organise a meeting with the ppu and give back the rezz and also give him 10K to say sorry! :)

E. Cryton
13-12-04, 20:44
shit, dont tell me i missed another spawn event, they are sooo much fun ! u can kill the NPCs !!!!

:rolleyes:

nobby
13-12-04, 20:45
no npc's this time...

CMaster
13-12-04, 20:47

N

I walked out the front of OZ-Station. My inital reaction was 'WTF?!" folllowed by calling up my gunner and breaking out the 4x4 to kill some DoY scum. Would have been nice to see some DoY runners there, but I didnt for the 20 minutes I was there, before I got tired of the lag and poorframe rates and went off to carry on with my epic. Oh, and I noticed after I got there that people were spamming Trade-NC about it.

Maybe not so much an announcemnt about this kind of event as rumour - put some stuff in neocronicle or somethinglike that about DoY forces beeing seen near NC etc.

Oh, and when is the counter attack - I want to join in.

E. Cryton
13-12-04, 20:48
no npc's this time...

didnt knew doy - units, doy - soldiers, stormbots etc are no npcs :wtf:

nobby
13-12-04, 21:10
i count them as mobs...

Tantta
13-12-04, 23:16
look, i'll bloody give it back then!

That would be great :rolleyes:
if you really are going to give it back, you can find me in game named thantos psi monk

Mr Kot
14-12-04, 05:24
While i agree it's a bit naughty to steal allies' belts during an event, anyone daft enough to leave a belt unclaimed post event for, let's say, 24 hours should consider it as good as gone.

I couldn't believe it today when i walk thru the deserted outzone station to find no fewer than five belts which have obviously had *something* to do with the event.

Out comes my TL100 hacktool for its daily exercise......

Usual shit really, Medikit here, crahn holy spirit helmet there.... but what's this? a bad soullight belt with MULTIPLE items? a FOUR SLOT ALL ARTIFACT HOLY LIGHTNING???? Well this long after an event, it's finders keepers as far as i'm concerned. My apu is grinning like a dog with two dicks at the moment.

I didn't catch the name on the belt and frankly i don't care, but thank you whoever it was :D

jernau
14-12-04, 16:30
Question / Suggestion :

Can you have a thread that is locked against non-Mod postings but that we can still be manually subscribed to?

If so - do that and sticky it on the events forum. Before an event starts (time before can be varied - see below) a GM or Mod posts in there with details.

People can sign up to it and then they will recieve an email IRL letting them know in advance.

If it's something like this GMs post a few mins before to keep it a bit spontaneous. If it's something like TH Auctions post on the morning of the event or the night before.

You could have two threads - pro-city and anti-city but I don't see much point as everyone will use both.

Trivial
14-12-04, 19:47
You know...I've played this game since the original beta of NC 1...and you know how many events, counting beta events, that I've seen in person...3.

Thats on 2 accounts, about 6 characters....about 99% of the time I find out there is an event right as it ends, or when I get on the forums later and say "What the hell, I was online all day and never say or heard a thing".

What do I think of events? To be honest, in what...three years i've seen one even per? So I've got no idea what I think about them, but I decided along time ago that I'm not going to fret over it.

Arbiter
15-12-04, 00:05
Question / Suggestion :

Can you have a thread that is locked against non-Mod postings but that we can still be manually subscribed to?

If so - do that and sticky it on the events forum. Before an event starts (time before can be varied - see below) a GM or Mod posts in there with details.

People can sign up to it and then they will recieve an email IRL letting them know in advance.

If it's something like this GMs post a few mins before to keep it a bit spontaneous. If it's something like TH Auctions post on the morning of the event or the night before.

You could have two threads - pro-city and anti-city but I don't see much point as everyone will use both.

We will consider that. :)

giga191
15-12-04, 00:18
[ edited ]

Spermy
15-12-04, 00:22
[ edited ]

Seven
15-12-04, 00:38
We will consider that. :)

Awesome!

Sche
15-12-04, 01:11
I just happened to be heading into the wastelands and suddenly there's stormbots blasting DOY bots left and right. Very cool, caught it totally by chance. The problem with announcements is you probably will get 100 people in the zone, the lag will be horrible and no one will have any fun. I think this event got just about the perfect number of people, the lag wasn't too bad for me.

Maybe a better solution than posting announcements and getting the entire playerbase at one event would be to hold more events. They don't all have to be works of art, you could reuse this one every couple days or week, alternate it with a generic DOY equivalent. Add fancy details and variations if you have time, but just create a good amount of opportunities for people to stumble into a cool battle.

PS I think that's my corpse in one of the pictures :lol: