PDA

View Full Version : Fight Night 12/12/04 :: What did you think?

Ascension
13-12-04, 01:14
Hey Guys, Just curious as to what you guys thought of the fight-night this week at Foster..

Some nice duels.. and the free for all was great, Stevie Wonder is making a vid with the duels and the final fight so wait up..

Tostino
13-12-04, 01:19
I love not knowing about events before they are over :'(

SirRah
13-12-04, 01:31
Was quite good, had some nice duels.

Though you shouldnt change the dm-person that often, its quite confusing sometimes :p

Oh and next time could we please start a bit earlier, and on a saturday? That way more people can come, and it can last longer. ;)

Ascension
13-12-04, 01:44
Was quite good, had some nice duels.

Though you shouldnt change the dm-person that often, its quite confusing sometimes :p

Oh and next time could we please start a bit earlier, and on a saturday? That way more people can come, and it can last longer. ;)

I ended up taking DM's cos I had pen/paper ;)

Nvidia
13-12-04, 02:32
Where's the "I wasn't there" option, nib? Just kidding... ;)

Props to you for Fight Night, we need more player-driven events in this game. :)

Ascension
13-12-04, 02:49
sigh.. yeah, I noticed I didnt add the 'Im a damn noob, I wasnt even there' option :p

borl
13-12-04, 05:17
Well, my first duel was appalling, so I spent the next hour or so in and out of game tweaking to get over 10-15 fps, then sat back and watched the other duels. Some funny stuff. FFAs were a laugh too, despite people being muppets and running in and out.

The most fun I had were the duels with FF et al, at the Foster GR after the events, but you know all about that Ascention ;)

Good fun though, and I'll be ready for next week.

Darkener
13-12-04, 05:46
The duels were bad ass. Organisation was a bit messy at the start but it was some good fun. Was cool watching the FFA at the end nearly went blind so much aoe. Looking at the bodys strewn all over the place afterwards it looks like a scene from platoon. GG to all the FF crew goodshow again cant wait for next week.

Dargeshaad
13-12-04, 09:40
Any chance to put the FNs in the event forum, I don't play alot up to christmas due to work so it's difficult to be up to date with what's going on in-game.

Maui
13-12-04, 10:44
it was cool at start but the organisers were to selfish oa. letting duals who they thought were interesting fight first.

I don’t like waiting half an hour after I pm'ed to fight.

also isn’t fight night supposed to be for everyone ?

then explain why some FF member started to attack ice ?

Agent L
13-12-04, 10:48
Aargh, I missed it : /

netster
13-12-04, 11:44
Hey to all Runners, that didnt missed this happening. You all gave your best on this event.
First of all, i did alot pictures... some are junk, some are usefull ... i'll sort them and will resize/convert em this evening just to spread em on www.imageshack.us . so its 540megs of bmps .... args, so be patient, i'll post em this evening.
I really hope, more ppl will come to the next event. An issue to this is allways the lag/sync problems, but i hope more and more runners will try to give their best on the next time.

to the next .... FightNIGHT!

ZORO

____
edit:typos and bad english... if u find more... leave em :P

eLcHi
13-12-04, 12:00
*cough*

The lil mixup in the organisation was my fault ... I actually didn`t plan on holding a fight night yesterday, then i log on and they were in the middle of it ...

And suddenly lore goes "all dm elchi for fights" and i was going wtf, i don`t have anything to write ...

Next time i`ll be prepared again, have no fear ;)

Ascension
13-12-04, 12:01
it was cool at start but the organisers were to selfish oa. letting duals who they thought were interesting fight first.

Well, The fights came as the DM's came.. So, some people were saying put me down for a fight.. so I proceeded to write:

runner vs ...

Then someone would DM me and request:

runner vs runner,

Now I know this isnt really fair. But Its extremely hard to do since some people try and converse with me in DM, meaning I had to type out their name to answer questions, while I also had to pair up and inform everyone of the next fight.

Sorry Maui, We wern't being selfish on purpose.. Just the more popular people were requested for fights more often..

Glad most enjoyed it. ;)

Purple
13-12-04, 13:42
i would have loved to go but unfortunatly it clashed with the CA faction meeting so was unable to attend :( O_o

Dr Strange
13-12-04, 16:42
I love not knowing about events before they are over :'(

Agreed. While sometimes info is on the forums (think there was a thread for it), the events need to last longer. By the time I knew it started, I didn't have time to get there, since I didn't have a gen rep close being anti city and all.

I heard a certain clan was doing most of the killing and thus the event ended sooner than planned, by the time I got there not long after its supposed start everyone was gone.

Waste of my time.

Ascension
13-12-04, 16:49
I heard a certain clan was doing most of the killing and thus the event ended sooner than planned, by the time I got there not long after its supposed start everyone was gone.

Waste of my time.

You heard wrong! Everyone co-operated fine, it went pretty smooth after The duels were being set.

The FFA went so well, we did it a second time ;)

A Waste of time? are you sure.. cos it looked pretty busy in there. Dr Strange, dont assume m8.. come along next week ;)

kevz
13-12-04, 16:55
i wasnt there, and nobody told me (not that i care), there were no posts about it on the forum either, so how can ppl find out when theres a fightnight and where....?

plague
13-12-04, 16:58
u have to use the force......same with kk event no notice nothing, oh well i get enough pvp as it is..

deac
13-12-04, 17:03
we spam trade and ooc about it

kevz
13-12-04, 17:09
we spam trade and ooc about it

yes and everyone allways has trade/ooc on :confused:

eLcHi
13-12-04, 17:11
I usually post here in the forums too, but i didn`t intend to hold a fight night yesterday so i didn`t ... and the clan went ahead and held it without me ;)

Ascension
13-12-04, 17:13
I usually post here in the forums too

Which is the reason No forum notice was given.. ;)

As for people not knowing about it.. the Op was full with people.. All i can say is wait for next week ;)

kevz
13-12-04, 17:14
I usually post here in the forums too, but i didn`t intend to hold a fight night yesterday so i didn`t ... and the clan went ahead and held it without me ;)

i smell something unorganized.... :lol:

solling
13-12-04, 17:20
think we gonna hold it friday next week or saturday a lil late as then all can attend will be more info soon :p

so have ur ooc and trade on

tiikeri
13-12-04, 17:39
What i would like to see is that everybody could stick to the rules, and intentionally do something that isn't allowed.

99% acted fine, dunno if it's the murphys law or what, but there is always someone pulling some shit.

I hanged around an hour, got one fight - never asked another. I liked to observe the fights.
The thing i didn't like was that we were forced to make one to obey the rules :'(
It doesn't matter if you don't have any intention to fight, please don't come on ur ppu. any other class is welcomed to observe the fights.

Ascension
13-12-04, 17:47
What i would like to see is that everybody could stick to the rules, and intentionally do something that isn't allowed.

99% acted fine, dunno if it's the murphys law or what, but there is always someone pulling some shit.

I hanged around an hour, got one fight - never asked another. I liked to observe the fights.
The thing i didn't like was that we were forced to make one to obey the rules :'(
It doesn't matter if you don't have any intention to fight, please don't come on ur ppu. any other class is welcomed to observe the fights.

Yeah m8, I noticed you logged of coms a little pissed.. but the PPU's are required for rezzes etc..

borl
13-12-04, 19:11
Couple shots from after the first FFA here.
I had to brighten them a lot for some reason, which has wrecked the quality.

End of first ffa. (http://www.borl.co.uk/fightnight1e.jpg)

Better shot of the mess. (http://www.borl.co.uk/fightnight2e.jpg)

End of second ffa. (http://www.borl.co.uk/fightnight3e.jpg)

PcP'
13-12-04, 20:17
was fun i realised i need a lot more work to get back into pvp shape that i used to be in and the ffa was fun apart from the nib tanks aoe'ing from upstairs then jumping down as 2 people were left then i got aoe'd by moonie in the second ffa aswell oh well was fun

tiikeri
13-12-04, 20:55
Yeah m8, I noticed you logged of coms a little pissed.. but the PPU's are required for rezzes etc..

Naa, it was mostly because i was über tired :)

Dunno if you were there when that one ppu came there(non FF one.).And because of only allowing the ppus from the clan which was keeping the event, he was asked to leave, but despite of that, he didn't. So blood antibuffed, i delivered few HLs and some tank was helping too... i'm really sorry that it had to go that way, but everybody knew the rules. I'm sorry for everybody who felt offenced for the concequenses(how do you type that word :) ), but by noticing how ppl reacted to that, i think it was the right thing to do and it didn't cause that much trouble. And to support the fair play policy, it was fair for the 2 guys who were fighting at the moment to give em a rematch due to the disturbance.

I had much fun watching other peeps dueling, and i'm looking to see that in future too. GG GL HF 4 all.

Kopaka
14-12-04, 14:08
it sucked
if u have fightnight, dont camp the GR with 2 ppl who GR kill
then go there with ur whole fucking clan to kill 1 lagging PPU

but
our guy won from ur guy so im still happy

Jesterthegreat
14-12-04, 14:10

yeah... i only had 1 fight (which i won) but when ice was attacked we defended him... then all of FF jumpped us.

kinda ruined the event IMO

Kopaka
14-12-04, 14:14
ascention quote maui and replied him, but he didnt say why FF started attacking me..
i wanna know, Fight Night means its for every1.. i went there and got told to leave but a nib tank who died few secs later...

Dribble Joy
14-12-04, 14:19
This whole event was a conspiracy.
There is no way that anyone, not even a GM or Dev could hold this and it not be ruined by at least one clan killing everyone, no way at all.

It did not happen, I refuse to accept otherwise.

Jesterthegreat
14-12-04, 14:20
This whole event was a conspiracy.
There is no way that anyone, not even a GM or Dev could hold this and it not be ruined by at least one clan killing everyone, no way at all.

It did not happen, I refuse to accept otherwise.

no clan tried to kill everyone... just tried to kill 4 of us

at first it was a good event... not gonna bother again until i upgrade my PC though, 15 fps with force fog on to the max :(

deac
14-12-04, 14:21
ascention quote maui and replied him, but he didnt say why FF started attacking me..
i wanna know, Fight Night means its for every1.. i went there and got told to leave but a nib tank who died few secs later...

you guys are known fucktards and didnt follow the rules about no ppus...

that means its gank time on you ppl... one more time and you will prolly be perma banned from the event

Jesterthegreat
14-12-04, 14:21
one more time and you will prolly be perma banned from the event

onoz.

NCAT will host a new fight night in Plaza 1... most nights

Maui
14-12-04, 14:22
u hear that ice, they hate u =]

Dribble Joy
14-12-04, 14:22
that means its gank time on you ppl... one more time and you will prolly be perma banned from the event
You realise that doing so will only make them more likely to do it again.

SorkZmok
14-12-04, 14:23
it sucked
if u have fightnight, dont camp the GR with 2 ppl who GR kill
then go there with ur whole fucking clan to kill 1 lagging PPU
You should be the absolutely LAST person to ever complain about people misbehaving at events.

And we all know why. :)

/edit
Oh, and bragging with ppu based hybrids/zoneline camping in your sig doesnt really make you look cool. :lol:
And its to big anyway.

Kopaka
14-12-04, 14:31
you guys are known fucktards and didnt follow the rules about no ppus...

ohno im scared
as known for ages u need numbers to win.
what shit about not following the rules about no ppus? thats bullshit, i didnt heal during fight, i only rezzed after fight *cough* UR OWN CLANMEMBER THAT IS *cough*

but once again FF couldnt deal with the defeat by smurfis so they zerged us at least 20 to 3

Maui
14-12-04, 14:34
ohno im scared
what shit about not following the rules about no ppus? thats bullshit, i didnt heal during fight, i only rezzed after fight *cough* UR OWN CLANMEMBER THAT IS *cough*

but once again FF couldnt deal with the defeat by smurfis so they zerged us at least 20 to 3
defeat by smurfis ?

I killed that dude who was attackin you ice -_-'

/edit
Oh, and bragging with ppu based hybrids/zoneline camping in your sig doesnt really make you look cool.
And its to big anyway.

were the hell did u get that lol, it were 2 mc tanks and an ppu -_-'

//edit and smurfis is a tank O_O

Kopaka
14-12-04, 14:34
You realise that doing so will only make them more likely to do it again.

give it time DJ,

skuld and skuld are back in 2/3 weeks, another months before they reach their full strength again and if they come back, BAD ASS will come back, akasha 2 and then its ncat at full force.
name 1 clan who beat us at full force.. eek
deac i'd love to fight u in a 1 on 1 but i guess ur brain is 2 small 2 know what a 1on1 is.

@kapow; what are u whining about this time? i got no hybrid nerf or whatever in my sig.. and iirc u died to pure ppu.. eek

@Maui, smurfis defeated cliffraiser in the UG in 1on1 (gf tbh)
and yes u killed axioniblet outside at gr

Bugs Gunny
14-12-04, 14:39
Even though FF is the enemy and the clan is a bit big to my liking, ive come to respect them, even as an enemy.
They organise events, they keep their members happy by raiding places, and being quite succesful at it too.

SorkZmok
14-12-04, 14:40
@kapow; what are u whining about this time? i got no hybrid nerf or whatever in my sig.. and iirc u died to pure ppu.. eekI was making fun of you. But öit looks like you didnt get it. You really are stupid.

And i never died to a ppu yet. You remember wrong there.

deac
14-12-04, 14:40
ohno im scared

no need to be scared, your just not welcome to fight night anymore...

the reason we wont allow other ppus should be clear to everyone... less chance of shit starting...

let me spell it out again:

bring ppu = get zerged and die

Kopaka
14-12-04, 14:42
I was making fun of you. But öit looks like you didnt get it. You really are stupid.

And i never died to a ppu yet. You remember wrong there.

my ppu killed ur spy at jankins
u died to pure ppu
and u were "making fun of me" with something that isnt even in my sig?
u got some weird humor there

Kopaka
14-12-04, 14:44
no need to be scared, your just not welcome to fight night anymore...

the reason we wont allow other ppus should be clear to everyone... less chance of shit starting...

let me spell it out again:

bring ppu = get zerged and die

are u proud of winning by zerg?
u ever won a fight with fair numbers?
try that and maybe then we'll stay away and do fightnight in p1 or something
btw fighnight 2night plaza 1 be there pro city!

Kopaka
14-12-04, 14:46
Even though FF is the enemy and the clan is a bit big to my liking, ive come to respect them, even as an enemy.
They organise events, they keep their members happy by raiding places, and being quite succesful at it too.

ncat keeps their members happy
ncat raids places and being succesfull.. why dont u respect us then? :angel:

/edit
eek triple post sorry Niddy (be gentle its almost christmas :))

Maui
14-12-04, 14:47
that was like a tripple post ice, lol, use the edit button :P

Bugs Gunny
14-12-04, 14:55

/edit
eek triple post sorry Niddy (be gentle its almost christmas :))

If the whole of neocron is clear of the safezones and appartements you constantly run back to, i'll respect you.

Yesterday i came on my own, even told two other people to stop attacking smurfis so i could fight him alone. We fought and i probably would have died in the fight (gotta lom to hybrid tank too i guess).
I can't realy help it that your clan is so utterly hated by the city that bystanders decide to attack you.
Yes, smurfis is a well set up tank, and yes, the guy playing him last night can fight. But i still have utterly no respect whatsoever for the way you decide to use that "skill".
Constantly griefing other people gives me the impression the person behind the chars has no real life of himself and it makes him feel better if others feel bad.
Now if it was in a roleplay sence it's different, but none of you guys ever roleplay do you?

Maui
14-12-04, 14:58
Now if it was in a roleplay sence it's different, but none of you guys ever roleplay do you?

dude we always rollplay, and now I pretty much quote jester.

neocron is a dictator ship, and there always small rebel groups.

aka, us !

SorkZmok
14-12-04, 15:11
my ppu killed ur spy at jankins
u died to pure ppuHm i can only remember you killing my spy there who was overloaded on rareparts when i was afk. Thought Black Heart was a tank actually. o_O
You said you hate me since NC1 when i killed your poor exploiting noob and you will kill me whereever you see me in NC2. Thats the awesome reason you gave there.
You even accused me of using macros there cause i said i was afk. Idiot.

/edit

dude we always rollplay, and now I pretty much quote jester.

aka, us !Acting like idiots doesnt make you rebels, you`ll still be idiots.

Dribble Joy
14-12-04, 15:19

Yet you don't actually promote yourselves as such.
Untill you do, you will be viewed as ally ganking fucktards, killing whoever they wish, and will treated as such.

Do not use RP as an 'excuse', like the old cliche of people 'RPing' murderers. It doesn't work, and get's you no respect (either as an enemy or an ally).
You can't just use it when it suits you.

If you want to actively promote yourselves as a rebel group within NC, do so, otherwise don't get uppity when people treat you like shit.

Maui
14-12-04, 15:20
/edit
Acting like idiots doesnt make you rebels, you`ll still be idiots.
hey I dont care if u think were idiots, cus we rp idiots for a purpose

deac
14-12-04, 15:25
are u proud of winning by zerg? yes
u ever won a fight with fair numbers? yes

I been zerged, I zerged, I been a ganking asshole on venus... nothing new under the sun

Gets like that after +2 years and I dont think ppl that ruin fight nights should get a fair chance... the sooner you die the faster the rest of us can get back to it. Simple

Bugs Gunny
14-12-04, 15:25
I distinctly recall some ncat people going on alliance chat saying they don't roleplay because nobody roleplays.

quote:" Name me one char that roleplays on terra."

Which was followed by a whole list of roleplayers.

So don't even try to pretend you're roleplaying. If you wanna roleplay a rebel, join TG. Oh no, you can't because nobody wants you in the dome.

Maui
14-12-04, 15:28
I distinctly recall some ncat people going on alliance chat saying they don't roleplay because nobody roleplays.

Bullshit

So don't even try to pretend you're roleplaying. If you wanna roleplay a rebel, join TG. Oh no, you can't because nobody wants you in the dome.

we changed to NC cus we only killed allies, but it didnt work :x

and I dont see rebels in china going to europe. ( just an easy understandable example )

Bugs Gunny
14-12-04, 15:37
we changed to NC cus we only killed allies, but it didnt work :x

You only use the roleplay pretence to keep on allied killing.
Well, if people were to start a hate campaign against you guys, dm spamming you, team inviting you all the time, spamming your ingame mailbox with hundreds of mail, and then joint kos listing you.
It's not griefing. We're roleplaying half a server of stalkers :-)

Hey, i haven't ever seen one of you kill a doy runner since you became pro city. Guess you are all just too lazy to travel or too scared to genrep.

And your example makes no sense. Where's the rebels in china????
Maybe you should get off the computer sometime and read books etc to further your knowledge of the world.

Maui
14-12-04, 15:42
You only use the roleplay pretence to keep on allied killing.
Well, if people were to start a hate campaign against you guys, dm spamming you, team inviting you all the time, spamming your ingame mailbox with hundreds of mail, and then joint kos listing you.
It's not griefing. We're roleplaying half a server of stalkers :-)

do what ever u like, u wont hear me bitchin about it

Hey, i haven't ever seen one of you kill a doy runner since you became pro city. Guess you are all just too lazy to travel or too scared to genrep.

And your example makes no sense. Where's the rebels in china????

ud probly wont hear about em cus there government is to tight, so I will use an other example.

terrorists inside the us. (actualy any terrorists ) Rebels if u look to it in their point of view

Maybe you should get off the computer sometime and read books etc to further your knowledge of the world.
maybe I should, but I only like fiction anyways

see inside quote shizznit

Kopaka
14-12-04, 15:42
Yes, smurfis is a well set up tank, and yes, the guy playing him last night can fight.

i cant fight on tank, i suck on tank
but.. with his setup i manage to live a while and sometimes even kill some1.. i dont think/say im good on a tank.
if i fight some1 and that dude hits a guard.. i stop shooting him and ill heal him.. even tho im like known as a pker, i dont wanna win cuz cops "help" me.
ok, if that person interferes my 1on1 then ill shoot him but i wanna win alone, not cuz of copbots.

but no i cant fight on tank, im just in the learning mode (i played smurfis yesterday at bt hq)

/edit.
deac, if i go to fighnight on another char, u wouldnt kill me? thats basically what u said.
venus? whats that? shave thingy for female legs and arm pits?

eLcHi
14-12-04, 16:36
At the first Fight Night at Soliko everything went well, there were some NCAT around (i remember seeing some) and they behaved too.

I dunno exactly what happened at Foster but i think it was just a misunderstanding.

So you`re as welcome to come as anyone else IF YOU DON`T BRING A PPU !

I`d like to enforce a certain checklist with misbehaving people ... at Soliko it worked too ...

1) Give the runner a warning
2) If he still misbehaves - he gets a warning that he has 30 seconds to leave the Area
3) If the runner STILL sticks around announce a Zone-Ban for Fight Night on Local, Zone, Trade-NC, Trade-DOY and OOC - everyone is free to kill him (FOR THAT NIGHT ONLY)

I had to do this to a PPU at Soliko that wouldn`t leave ... ban was announced and everyone (Pro & Anti-City) went for him ... that`s what i like to see, we are all pulling on the same string here, we just want interestening fights ... and i suppose the NCAT players also just want to have some fun Fights ... so let`s give them a chance

I hope to see a nice and friendly Fight Night next time ... come on guys, i believe in you ;)

Jesterthegreat
14-12-04, 21:49
i had a fight at fight night... despite my awful fps i won (just).

that was fun.

rest wasnt, but thats just me repeating myself :)

Darth Slayer
15-12-04, 00:18

Yeah that place you Raid Plaza 1 is it not ?......... :lol:

Scorpius.

Jesterthegreat
15-12-04, 00:59
Yeah that place you Raid Plaza 1 is it not ?......... :lol:

Scorpius.

sometimes plaza 2, sometimes aggies, sometimes pepper 1 through 3.

sometimes even the upper class via rosso districts.

Maui
15-12-04, 10:36
actualy the day when zheo left we pkéd infront of biotech hq

Kopaka
15-12-04, 13:44
sometimes plaza 2, sometimes aggies, sometimes pepper 1 through 3.

sometimes even the upper class via rosso districts.

eek..
smurf playing on my tank (lvl 32) and i played his PPU (smurfen) ...
by the time i got to P2 he was fighting a capped char and he won
then i ppu'ed for him and we killed like 4-5 more highlvl / capped players
it was so funny :D
he chased 2 spies away alone without me, spies using healing light...
viarosso 1 is good..
plaza 1 is good
plaza 2 also
plaza 3 not
pp1 / 2 and 3 is good

RogerRamjet
16-12-04, 00:28
Was cool watching the FFA at the end nearly went blind so much aoe.

Nice to know mine and ramics contribution was noted. :p

Really enjoyed the night, only problem was when you killed Nevermore in my opinion, all he was doing was watching the fights, i mean, whats he gonna do, heal you all to death?

I did enjoy opening the doors mind, especially when i wasnt allowed.

solling
16-12-04, 12:59
Really enjoyed the night, only problem was when you killed Nevermore in my opinion, all he was doing was watching the fights, i mean, whats he gonna do, heal you all to death?

well its like this with friendly ppus there peops will make trouble(seems everyone is brave with a ppu on his ass) without em they are less likely to make toruble, and if they do they will die fast

thats why we dont allow any but FF ppus there

still means u had a ppu there so means u broke the rule and when u said i dont care im not leaving when we asked u to resulted in ur being killed WOW big surprise :rolleyes:

Transformer
17-12-04, 06:40
maybe i should bring my new melee PE there and see how he hold up in the FFA.

Darkener
17-12-04, 07:11
maybe i should bring my new melee PE there and see how he hold up in the FFA.
Stick a dev up you see how long you last or wait till your drugs run then stick a dev up you.

Jesterthegreat
17-12-04, 14:21
Stick a dev up you see how long you last or wait till your drugs run then stick a dev up you.

er...

if you mean Devourer that does nothing to a well setup str based PE...

VK > Dev