PDA

View Full Version : Droners and DoY Tunnels

Spoon
12-12-04, 20:35
Are any of the DoY tunnels good for droning?

Is it possible to zone into any of these tunnels without getting blasted instantly?

Got any good locations?

And are DoY tunnels "Hunting Zones" or "Anarchy Zones"?

I have a couple of droners that can use TL101+ drones, but being pro-city I can no longer make it to places like the "Graves", in DoY country....
And I'm pretty much bored with Swamp Caves.....

Although, I have yet to try the Crystal caves.... :o

capt-o
12-12-04, 21:40
The tunnels are just that, a series of tunnels about the size of the NC sewers. Low manueverability room and sharp corners.

You could take a droner in there but not by yourself as the entrances usually have DOY mobs near the entraces. Beyond that I'm guessing since the mobs consist of variations of DOY bots and guards that the ion drones are not going to be very effective in there.

I've only been in there with my tank and was killed several times. Hard to tell how a droner would do.

Darth Slayer
12-12-04, 21:48
You won't do well unless a team clears the entry for you.
DoY mobs guard the entrances and shoot as u zone in. I'd stick to the swamp caves or try your luck in the Graves tho you'll probaly have the half life of a Snowball in hell.......... :lol:

Scorpius.

Morganth
12-12-04, 21:57
I knew a droner in NC1 that could level in the DoY tunnels without needing a team to clear it. He used to lauch his drone from the top of the ladder and start shooting as soon as he could in order for the mobs to aggro onto the drones and not him. Then it was just a case of dodging the shots.

Spoon
12-12-04, 23:48
You could take a droner in there but not by yourself as the entrances usually have DOY mobs near the entraces.

damn, that's what I was wondering, if the entrances were camped by the mobs.....

Maybe I'll try the Crystal Caves...

There's one in E_08? and where's the other one?

giga191
12-12-04, 23:53
you would be fine if u had stealth

aelfkins
12-12-04, 23:57
There's one in E_08? and where's the other one?

f_08 , f_09 , f_10 , g_08 , i_09 , i_12 , i_13 , j_13 , j_16 , k_05 , k_11 , k_16

This info stolen from http://nc.synergyxr.net/guides/doy_tunnels/

:)

Spoon
13-12-04, 00:04
you would be fine if u had stealth

Yer, but none of my droners have any T-C......
I always figured it would gimp my RCL too much.....

@aelfkins
thx, but I was wondering where the other Crystal Cave was...... :p

BlackDove
13-12-04, 00:52
I gimp for stealth 2 and I can use the Raptor.

capt-o
13-12-04, 02:43
Crystal cave is in D08 at the end of the road. Bring a flashlight. :)

Xadhoom
13-12-04, 14:21
I gimp for stealth 2 and I can use the Raptor.

i use obli, all vhc's and cap raptors ...
nothin special .p

jnky
13-12-04, 14:40
just watch out in the crystal caves there little buggers to target :) they deal poison dmg so a drone should be fine in there, just dont know what your targeting would be like.
I ppu struggled with an apu because he had trouble targeting them and that was with hitting em with holy para so dunno about drones.

but hey have fun trying and lots of places to stash your corpse.

btw i havent seen anyone about whilst hunting in the worm tunnels in the many times i have been there. Im sure they have and a nerf many months ago because tbh there a bit easy now and the mobs dont camp the entrances.

eLcHi
13-12-04, 16:18
i use obli, all vhc's and cap raptors ...

Anyone know how much RCL / WPL is needed to cap a Raptor ? Or is that confidential information ? :angel:

Bugs Gunny
13-12-04, 16:30
I've seen two droners solo mc5, so it's doable, once you get a drone up you're safe.

Spoon
14-12-04, 07:57
just watch out in the crystal caves there little buggers to target :) they deal poison dmg so a drone should be fine in there, just dont know what your targeting would be like.

Yeah, I found that out last night, targeting those mobs was a pain....
I stayed there for over an hour, and only had about half the mobs cleared out..
Money and XP was slow, I would have been better off hunting tech part dropping mobs(Decayed and fire mobs)....

I was using the TL71 FC-100(fusion, AoE) and the TL 74 MR-1000(direct fire rockets), I needed something with a bigger AoE range and splash damage, like an RG or MK drone...

Anyone know how well the Ion drones stand up to Fire mob damage?
I would imagine the xray/energy damage would do a number on the Fire mobs, if the drones could take the fire damage(which, I suspect they don't)....

And I may LoM to Stealth on one of my Terra droners, seeing how I got a whole cabinet full of Stealth tools there....
Thx for the tips, guys....

superfresh
14-12-04, 08:02
Best drones against firemobs imo are ions and raptors. Maximize your range, keep moving, and they dont seem to get hit much. PNs are decent as well.

Ions seem to be a great all-around drone - seen ppl using em at the graves. Never tried them on WB's though.

Tried taking my droner on a world tour, i.e., every cave that was standard in NC1. Worked well in Graves of course, did fine in Crystal caves and swamp caves (ion worked well in these). Chaos caves were ok except that mobs seem to periodically respawn there. Best with a team. Point Red was fine until Doom Harbinger and the worm tunnels were a disaster. :)

The new launcher tunnels were feasible and I even got some ion drones in there. You just have to lure them away from the door and time it right so that you can reload once the door is shut.