PDA

View Full Version : Bad weapons :(

t0tt3
12-12-04, 20:24
I looked on FSM at TG and went up to high sec. DNS and d/l some bps of marine and raygun cannon.

Tested to build one with a 175 tl cst and yay 1 slot better quality with 80%
dmg on 110% with 190 HC...

If it is a Faction only weapon why make it in shit quality? They cost like near 30 - 35 k to do and they are pretty much CRAP!

The same with TG rifle and TG pistol that you buy at FSM.... good quality and you cant bp them so if you are lucky like I was you get a 0 slotted good quality tl 80 rifle...

So make them BP able maybe also do the FSM weapons tg only to.

The raygun cannon does even have a swirle so.. plz make this better.
Dunno why KK made a tl 115 raygun cannon when Doom beamer still is dropping as parts.. ooh well :rolleyes:

Mr Kot
12-12-04, 20:40
Maybe you should construct it with 200+ CST, ppu CST 3 boost and at a factory?

You're right about the disappointing TG FSM weapons and limitations though.

Here's an idea for something else tho... Keep the TL80 ish red ray weapons where they are... and make a seperate rare pool.

I don't mean add more rares to the usual warbots / doomreapers etc. i mean add a seperate rare pool to DOY bot drops.

At the moment, hunting doy bots is a waste of time now. They don't drop anything useful as the Tangent NPC who used to buy them is no longer there. Now, they should drop E parts which, when collected and built will produce DoY versions of the current raygun rares. There should be a rare ray pistol like the Ray of last Hope, same TL but with a red ray and red swirly. Also, DoY Ray of God and Doom Beamer variants too. All with red swirlies and rays and the same TL as their blue NC counterparts.

In addition, there could also be parts to a *mystery* weapon. KK could keep it a closely guarded secret and slip it in unnoticed in a future patch.

Would give us a reason to hunt DoY bots again, wouldn't it?

Mindgibber
12-12-04, 21:10
lol@Kot
how long you playing NC? ;)
you cap any weapons (in stats) with const TL 175
so more const skill doesn't help :)
the cap from that weapon is 80, you wont get more

t0tt3
12-12-04, 21:13
Maybe you should construct it with 200+ CST, ppu CST 3 boost and at a factory?

Even a tl 170 would get more then 80% which means they cap at 80%....
At that high TL you wont get any higher so if I would use a tl 255 CST I would still have 80% and hope to get 5 slotter... I dont think I will waste over 5 M to build 100 of them to try to get the magic 5.

Still wouldnt get over 110% on all ^^

So rework this shit to something useful.

Mr Kot
12-12-04, 21:15
Well forgive me for never having played a constructor :rolleyes:

I know this much: const quality is proportional to const skill, many constructors in game advertise CST 200+ and slot chances improve with skill (allegedly). I don't know all the cst caps for stuff, other than noob weapons cap at 94%.

I made my own conclusion from this. So sue me. I was just trying to help.

t0tt3
12-12-04, 21:23
Well forgive me for never having played a constructor :rolleyes:

I know this much: const quality is proportional to const skill, many constructors in game advertise CST 200+ and slot chances improve with skill (allegedly). I don't know all the cst caps for stuff, other than noob weapons cap at 94%.

I made my own conclusion from this. So sue me. I was just trying to help.

Well I just say its a problem to have shit items in the game noone will use ^^
TBH with this cst 200+ thing, only noobs looking for that. The higher they see the more horny they get.

They reworked it in NC2 so if you got higher TL the more is the chance of get slots but tbh.... I dont listen to feary tales so they havent done a shit to the CST side IMO. A slot is still a fluke will always be that way. Spells like holy heal and others caps at 8x % they are about tl 95

Darth Slayer
12-12-04, 21:32
lol@Kot
how long you playing NC? ;)
you cap any weapons (in stats) with const TL 175
so more const skill doesn't help :)
the cap from that weapon is 80, you wont get more
Actually with capped dex and int more like cst of 160.

Scorpius.

Tostino
12-12-04, 21:40
With caped int and dex you can qual cap the rare drones at 155 actualy :p

SypH
12-12-04, 22:37
The CA faction specific Plasma wave is the same. It caps at 81%, but for some reason they slot very easily. Bung in an HC Ult and a few other mods and a tank with 195 HC can cap it totally.

Darkana
12-12-04, 23:45
The Special Forces Plasma Wave seems to act like a rare, though, including chances for slots and the swirly afaik.

SypH
13-12-04, 02:47
It certainly seems to slot better than any rare I have seen. My tl175 cst built 10 in one batch. I got 1 5 slots, 3 4 slots, 2 3 slots, 3 2 slots and a 1 slotter. A friend had similar results were he got 4 4 slots in a batch of 10.

t0tt3
13-12-04, 14:22
But if a Queen Avalanche spell from the caves drops at a qulity of outstanding 109 - 90 % "saw it today" why whould the special weapons that are really expensive not be abel to be any good...

Darth Slayer
13-12-04, 19:40
But if a Queen Avalanche spell from the caves drops at a qulity of outstanding 109 - 90 % "saw it today" why whould the special weapons that are really expensive not be abel to be any good...
Chaos Queen Flame Avalanche is a semi rare hence the high stats.

Scorpius.

Obsidian X
13-12-04, 19:44
Sort of on the same topic - those insane monks in the abandoned Crahn Abbey allegedly drop Fire Apocalypse's, which are always of crappy quality (again, allegedly). This also applies to the threadstarters argument - whats the point? Bad quality High TL weapons are absolutely useless unless you have 255 in WEP/HC/PSU etc to make up for it. Which no runner has. o_O