PDA

View Full Version : so i was lvling on copbots and....

PSIASSASIN
11-12-04, 17:37
i got bored with copbots, so me an cork went out to gank those lone storm bots, and i just about kill him and the game kicks me out, i figure its a bug and go back in an finish him off, well the second i kill him they kick me off for like 20 min. WTF??......
I am CM by the way

is there a rule against killing them i dont know about?

Hell-demon
11-12-04, 18:31
Sometimes GM's take on the form of storm bots. Perhaps they didnt want to get owned :D

Spoon
11-12-04, 18:40
It should be ok to kill them, as long as they were shooting back and acting normal(AI), it wouldn't be an exploit....

A GM probably would have became visable, and warned you if it was.....

darknessfairy
11-12-04, 19:02
i know when someone commits an exploit, the game kicks em out, cos the game knows it an exploit, but then again i have never heard of that being an exploit...

altho i know codi is doin some work on exploits, so maybe they are being extra cautious?

kevz
11-12-04, 20:07
-offtopic- do stormbots drop anything funny? (so it actualy has any use shooting one :D)

Gunner_turret
11-12-04, 20:14
that would be cool, picking up a stormbot rifle or something...
Id think you right click on em and nothing happens

kevz
11-12-04, 20:44

it would be logical if they would drop stormlasers too, next to the malfunctioning stormbots, btw, arent these harder to kill, these normal ones?

-Demon-
12-12-04, 00:29
I would write to the the helpdesk or which ever the email is to complian.
The GM should have warned you before kicking you outta the game etc..even if you were exploiting.

Spermy
12-12-04, 00:42
if it even was a gm.

MkVenner
12-12-04, 00:54
the Crazed storms at Gaia drop stuff, the 120/120 drop storm lasers

Nidhogg
12-12-04, 01:30
It is not a GM. GMs can only kick people after giving a prior warning. Also, anyone who has been kicked in the past knows that the behavior described doesn't fit. ;)

N

Brammers
12-12-04, 02:47

It should be a trophy item for your apartment.

Jaffo
12-12-04, 02:55
i killed acop bot in plaza 1 the other day cause i was also bored. its amazing how little dmg they do know although that freeze is a bitch.

we got nout from killing him cept xp and he dissapears straight away.

after this we went to oz to try our luck at killing a STORM bot. this is a bad idea inside oz as those bots hurt and theres no where to hide. also wen we were attacking them inside we made 2 bots follow us round the corner and after getting them down to half health they just disapeared.

i knew i had seen a lone storm bot just out to the left of oz station so with ppu in tow we went to kill it and we succseeded and thatnkfully it didnt disapear wen we got it to half hp. again for sum reaon a lone bot did little dmg and if i remember correctly its freeze was shit so it was easy to kill i didnt die once even though i had a ppu on my ass. the only down fall with killing a storm bot is u lose ca sympathy plus soulight and again u get no loot and it dissapears and respawns straight away.

was fun though wish it gave more con ^^

also the only thing that i can thing of with cop bots is for eg a anti city to keep gring into plaza 1 to lvl conon them which is not allowed but other than that as others have said as long as the bot is acting normal it shold technically be classed as lvling

PSIASSASIN
12-12-04, 20:16
..he was acting normal, running around and shooting me and stuff.

i will try it again an see what happens, cause other than takin on those security bot thingys in mc5, there is just no good lvling except copbots.

do u think the gm's would kick me for killing the tg guards infront of thier hq?

MkVenner
12-12-04, 20:31
im pretty sure a GM didnt kick you at all

oh and the ceres labs are good XP, and the DoY Tunnels level 2/3....

.Cyl0n
12-12-04, 20:38
wasnt a GM