PDA

View Full Version : ___>7/8 Login attempts due to Alpha Bug

___T-X____
11-12-04, 06:00
Where do I report this, im sick of it.

/Alt tabbed to a Fatal after this post, whats the problem, hacknet week or some grrrr.

After 11 'RESUMES' i loggin in and could play, why is this still happening after 3/4 years ?

Xeno LARD
11-12-04, 06:01
Use DX7.

600th post, w00t

___T-X____
11-12-04, 06:05
ive tried that, plus ive paid for a dx 9 game. If you dont want me to post about this stuff anymore, just refund me from nc2 including your bs upgrade price, and delete my account. Im sick of this rubbish, and im not even goona ask you to refund all my international charge telephone callls to Click 2 pay, sound fair ?

Genty
11-12-04, 12:44
Look, if it works on my current shit 56k AoL connection first time, everytime, it should work on yours. Dunno where the hell this problem comes from.

PcP'
11-12-04, 12:50
Try changing ur graphics drivers especially if ur using omega drivers they fixed that problem and the yo-yo bug for me

Nidhogg
11-12-04, 12:51
When you get that sticky sync bug the advice is to log out and stay out for at least 5 minutes. The problem is that the server has a "zombie" version of you that stops you from logging back in until it times out. This isn't a sure-fire solution because there are other potential reasons for this behaviour (such as transient connection issues that are entirely outside of our control).

If you're still having problems with C2P please let Odin know and he'll try and chase it up for you.

N

/edit - and I'd appreciate it if you toned your attitude down, at least while you're asking for help. :/

naimex
11-12-04, 13:25
When you get that sticky sync bug the advice is to log out and stay out for at least 5 minutes. The problem is that the server has a "zombie" version of you that stops you from logging back in until it times out. This isn't a sure-fire solution because there are other potential reasons for this behaviour (such as transient connection issues that are entirely outside of our control).

I´ve found the best way to deal with continous synch, is to log into a char on another server, and then log out, and back into the server you were trying to get into.

Dribble Joy
11-12-04, 13:34
Niddeh pretty much said what I was going to.
The 'zombie' char is stuck in sync, so it is pointless trying to log into it.
In my experience, you don't need as much as 5 mins, but probably about twice the length of time it takes for a char to logout after you press Esc. not much more than 20-30 secs.

El Jimben
11-12-04, 16:49
Whenever I get the bug I log a char on another & it always seems to work but then that's just wasting time while your other char disappears so same difference really.

aelfkins
11-12-04, 22:41
Is this "zombie" sitting in Neocron defenseless and killable, or just some sort of ghost in the machine that keeps you from logging on?

o_O

___T-X____
11-12-04, 22:55
Thanks for your help.

If you're still having problems with C2P please let Odin know and he'll try and chase it up for you.

N

/edit - and I'd appreciate it if you toned your attitude down, at least while you're asking for help. :/

Firstly thanks for your advice, however this editing thing youve done _again_ cant you make a post and finish without that little 'comment'

regarding your Edit : / I dont have the attitude, we've talked through this before and you know how I feel. Did you not read between the lines of that last email I sent you or would you like it abit clearer ? I would prefer that you didnt highlight every post I make with ban or derogatory comment. Feel free to 'PM or email me' and i'd be onlyto happy to discuss attitudes with you, without you making to a thread hijack or topic in itself for the forum.

All the best pal.

Nidhogg
11-12-04, 23:12
Firstly thanks for your advice, however this editing thing youve done _again_ cant you make a post and finish without that little 'comment'
That little 'comment' is why I'm here.

All the best pal.
You too. Have a nice day.

N

[VP]Orion
11-12-04, 23:14
If you get this problem, you can also change your local port and usually login at once after that.

PcP'
12-12-04, 02:32
You too. Have a nice day.

N

u two make a lovely couple

___T-X____
12-12-04, 15:56
u two make a lovely couple

Yea I'd like to 'bury the hatchet', and if I ever see him at a cash machine or getting petrol or whatever in Stretford, thats what ill do. Messages can be misinterpreted on the forums and if I got 2 minutes with him he'd get where im coming from. I'd like nothing more than to take the opportunity to sort these little disagreemenrs out.

Nidhogg
12-12-04, 16:21
Lol, I think I'll leave that one un-edited. :D No more idle threats in future though, ok?

N

___T-X____
12-12-04, 16:35
Lol, I think I'll leave that one un-edited. :D No more idle threats in future though, ok?

N

There you go again, mis-interpreting me using words like idle and threat, all the more reason to bump into u on Chester Road

Nidhogg
12-12-04, 16:55
You can't say that I didn't give you a chance. I'm not here to receive idle threats from people who don't realise how ridiculous they're being over a video game. You're not the first and you're not even the best (I've had two hit men sent after me so far). Consider this your ban notice.

N

P.S. Thread closed.