PDA

View Full Version : LE vs. Non-LE vehicles

superfresh
11-12-04, 05:21
I've been working on an LE'd spy, and finally saved enough cash to get a hovertech.

Then a Rhino comes around about a half hour after I've bought it and blows it up while Im not on it.

Is it supposed to be like this?

AlphaGremlin
11-12-04, 05:32
Yeah, I think it's a little unfair that your vehicle is only protected by the LE whilst you're in it. It's not a bug or anything, and it was kind of lame for them to toast your hovertech.
AlphaGremlin

MkVenner
11-12-04, 05:35
yeah, the LE only work if your in it, coz then an LE guy could buy and get ina rhino in the passenger seat, un LE driver and gunner get in, and he gets out

i think thatd work...

superfresh
11-12-04, 05:38
Lame. I blew my wad on that thing.

MkVenner
11-12-04, 05:43
yeah, i dont see how some one can get their rocks off on blowing up a totally unoffensive persons vehicle....

Gunner_turret
11-12-04, 05:49
You'd have to be a completed sadass,

Xeno LARD
11-12-04, 05:58
As a rule I don't blow up vech's unless I know the owner is anti-city.

superfresh
11-12-04, 06:18
Well, I assume this means that as an LE I can at least retaliate and destroy a non-LE'd user's vehicle, right?

MkVenner
11-12-04, 06:27
i beleive you can with a Rhino or such...not sure about with guns...i think it limits you to ONLY hurting Mobs and NPCs....but it might limit you to only not hurting players...

SorkZmok
11-12-04, 06:32
I drove my LE`d droner to CRP today. Got off my bike and had it blown to pieces in no time.

People are assholes. Never leave your car where someone could find it.

MkVenner
11-12-04, 06:34
kinda like east London in that respect....either that or you'll come back to find your reveler up on bricks :p

superfresh
11-12-04, 06:47
I don't really have that much of a problem with the people, since there's no way to tell what faction a lone vehicle is (although these guys did valiantly destroy every unattended vehicle in the zone. ).

Money isn't too much of a problem, and I could go through the hassle of getting another.

What bugs me is I could be a new player, and have spent a lot of time ( and time is a very real investment in this game ) to save the money for the thing.

I also kind of expected that the LE would allow me to fool around with new classes without any hassle.

hegemon
11-12-04, 08:30
Well, I assume this means that as an LE I can at least retaliate and destroy a non-LE'd user's vehicle, right?

Nope. Fair, isn't it?

I got the same lesson. Since then I only leave my vehicle when hacking warbots. Everything else (looting, rearming at gogo, even despawning the vehicle) can be done while driving. I've been lucky to never run into an evil rhino when hacking warbots. Some people have tried to blow up my scorpion trike, but noone has succeeded yet.

Ascension
11-12-04, 10:09
But then, comes the lame exploits.. for example.. a Damn Rhino, Seen it done before but the Non- LE'd guy duel logs / logs another computer onto an LE'd guy, drives to destination and just sits there killing who he likes and oh look my Rhino cant be destroyed.

Saw it done at an Op war last week, I wont mention names because apparently its not an exploit.. But simply a stupid flaw.. :rolleyes:

as for someone blowing your hovertech, did they know it was yours?

Bugs Gunny
11-12-04, 10:18
So much confusion and stuff about le'd people and vehicles.
Here's the deal:

Le'd person only one in vehicle, or only le'd people.
Can not destroy vehicles, only mobs.

As soon as ONE or more non le'd people enter the rhino it becomes destructible, same as a normal rhino.

ex: Le'd driver Non le'd gunner, rhino destructible, gunner kan kill people

non le'd driver, Le'd gunner, rhino destructible, gunner can NOT kill people

le'd driver, le'd gunner, rhino INDESTRUCTIBLE, runnar can NOT kill people.

superfresh
11-12-04, 11:05
as for someone blowing your hovertech, did they know it was yours?

Don't think so. They blew away chaincrafts and anything else in the area. I think it was a raid, which is cool. It was pretty funny actually.

This isn't at all about players doing this and that necessarily. More along the lines of what the "rules" or game design allows. I forgot about that LE Rhino blockade trick at OP fights. Nonetheless it was suprising and frustrating.

Honestly the more I think about it, the more it makes sense that the text in all the new player tutorials on the citycom should warn new/ LE players that their $135k+ vehicle could get knocked out by non LE players instantly. You all probably remember that as a noob that amount of cash is probably the equivalent of an endless and tedious series of Aggressor missions, and that the vehicle can be the key to branching out of either city and mission routines. A new player's best friend is the LE. Their 2nd best friend might be vehicles. When I was new I spent like a month in the Aggie cellars (until like base rank 40). A friend laughed at me and led me to the city exit to the Wastelands at the OZ. I was like "holy shit - there's more?!!!"

I gathered up a few new hovertechs. A friend and I share accounts and between us we have barters, builders, etc.. A lot of players don't. Especially new ones.

[edit] I do think that if a non LE messes with my LE ride, I should very well have the opportunity to cause theirs some damage in return.

CMaster
12-12-04, 17:06
I got shot out of My 4x4 by a warbot in Battlezone. I respawn and come back to find some prat running around my prized hh4x4 (even if it is diffciult to find gunners for it) and shooting it. I can't jump back in and have it re-LEd because of SI (grrr). I can't stop him shooting the car because I have the LE in... Thankfully, some war bots wandered over when my car was down to about 7% and distracted him. I then called up some non-LE friends, who came and shot him - he ran away, but I think the point was made.

CMaster
13-12-04, 05:22
OK, now I fataled, and when I came back fromfatal - my Combat Hovertech was a pile of trash. The reason I put up with the LE stopping me from doing things I want to (join a clan, hack belts) is so that I don't have to put up with this crap.

superfresh
13-12-04, 09:09
Might be mistaken but I don't think the NEXT epic car can be completely destroyed. You also don't need to remove the LE to do that one. 37 VHC req and I assume it will cost a bit to repair but probably worth it.

I feel your pain though.

A vehicle theme week might be nice.

Bugs Gunny
13-12-04, 10:19
Cmaster, ever try getting in the passenger seat? :-)

Crest
13-12-04, 11:53
Adding a little content to this post

Other day 2 rhino's come by killing Anti City (Must have been pro city scum)

We take one down to a low level, they zone 1 sector, out pops the LE driver and repairs while the NON LE Gunner stays in vehicle.

So instead of being able to prevent them from commin back, we were screwed again....

Solution, You cannot repair a vehicle if there is someone in it.

CMaster
13-12-04, 18:30
Cmaster, ever try getting in the passenger seat? :-)
Ooops. Duh.

Some gits had a go again today - but they stopped short of destroying it, just leaving me 26k in repair bills. If I ever find out who does destroy oneof my cars there will be a bounty on their head. I actually saw someone else doing that for the firsttime today - but I had been considering it already.

Frotto
13-12-04, 18:46
why not just make it a rule that led people cannot use combat based vehicles. sorry bout your luck'. Kinda like they can't pvp, they can't loot belts', they cant join clans. just one more cant.

They should also be banned from remote repair tools because of the infamous crp repairings.

I suck at pvp... rarely ever actually win and all my le's are out. its part of the thrill.

I guess kk could make a rule where you can't blow up vehicles until after they are abandoned by their le'd runner... much like the rule that you cant blow up a vehicle after it has been abandoned by a runner for like 2 minutes.

They can still damage it though.

Crest
13-12-04, 19:24
why not just make it a rule that led people cannot use combat based vehicles. sorry bout your luck'. Kinda like they can't pvp, they can't loot belts', they cant join clans. just one more cant.

They should also be banned from remote repair tools because of the infamous crp repairings.

I suck at pvp... rarely ever actually win and all my le's are out. its part of the thrill.

I guess kk could make a rule where you can't blow up vehicles until after they are abandoned by their le'd runner... much like the rule that you cant blow up a vehicle after it has been abandoned by a runner for like 2 minutes.

They can still damage it though.
Some LE's use it for hunting though

Freaky Fryd
14-12-04, 22:12
They could always add 2 vehicles that can't be damaged at...
One with low requirements (around 20 like the bike/hovertech) and one with
high requirements. Only one passenger, no combat capabilities.

What about that and adding an LE requirement to getting into it...?
(completely useless to a non-le'd person, and can't be harmed by them either)

Saito Hajime
15-12-04, 05:16
You could always get yourself a reveller and not care :)

Saito Hajime
15-12-04, 05:21
Might be mistaken but I don't think the NEXT epic car can be completely destroyed. You also don't need to remove the LE to do that one. 37 VHC req and I assume it will cost a bit to repair but probably worth it.

I feel your pain though.

A vehicle theme week might be nice.

Unless its been changed, Reveller can be destroyed, but its hard to care when it costs (costed) (dont have one in this version yet) 12 nc to "repair" a completely detroyed reveller at the warp garage....

superfresh
15-12-04, 05:47
Aye but I think other vehicles simply vanish when they are completely destroyed. i.e., none of my gliders are at the garage anymore.

SorkZmok
15-12-04, 10:20
No you cant. Cause when youre a noob in another faction the only choice you got is to save up cash to get a chaincraft or hovertec.

I drove my LEd droner to crp some days ago on a chaincraft. I`m in CS. We all now that CRP is controlled by an army of doy clans all the time. Those are my allies. I hopped out of my chaincraft, ran into the building to tag the genrep, then stood at the goguardian for some time. When i went out again, some allies had already ganked my chaincraft. Funny, isnt it? Did i mention i was LEd? o_O

ROZZER187
15-12-04, 10:30

paid 1.5 mill for one.........i used it for a while and then the next day i go to use it and it says vehicle may be destroyed :(

netster
15-12-04, 10:41
I can't jump back in and have it re-LEd because of SI (grrr). I can't stop him shooting the car because I have the LE in...
get on the passanger seat :P

Richard Blade
15-12-04, 15:13
paid 1.5 mill for one.........i used it for a while and then the next day i go to use it and it says vehicle may be destroyed :(

It sounds like they sold you a Chaincraft 4X4, not the Reveler. The Reveler is from the NEXT epic. It can't be destroyed completely like other vehicles. Even if it does get blown up, you would have been able to pay 12cr or something and it would be completely fixed and ready to roll. That message would have come from a normal vehicle having been destroyed.

It sucks on both counts for you. One, someone blew up your car, two, someone cheated you with a fraudulant sale.
Keep their names on a list, all I can say.

Regards,
RB

Saito Hajime
16-12-04, 02:13
No you cant. Cause when youre a noob in another faction the only choice you got is to save up cash to get a chaincraft or hovertec.

I drove my LEd droner to crp some days ago on a chaincraft. I`m in CS. We all now that CRP is controlled by an army of doy clans all the time. Those are my allies. I hopped out of my chaincraft, ran into the building to tag the genrep, then stood at the goguardian for some time. When i went out again, some allies had already ganked my chaincraft. Funny, isnt it? Did i mention i was LEd? o_O

Ok, so you have to save longer to get a Reveller instead.. still an option.

superfresh
16-12-04, 10:22
Would help if non-LE's couldn't enter LE vehicles.

ROZZER187
16-12-04, 10:51
It sounds like they sold you a Chaincraft 4X4, not the Reveler. The Reveler is from the NEXT epic. It can't be destroyed completely like other vehicles. Even if it does get blown up, you would have been able to pay 12cr or something and it would be completely fixed and ready to roll. That message would have come from a normal vehicle having been destroyed.

It sucks on both counts for you. One, someone blew up your car, two, someone cheated you with a fraudulant sale.
Keep their names on a list, all I can say.

Regards,
RB

its a reveler m8, still got the key, im hoping i can get it back (im on the terra server btw)

Bugs Gunny
16-12-04, 11:36
If it is a reveler, just activate the key again, and you'll see a vehicle acivated message instead of vehicle might be destroyed.

Go to an asg and pull up a list of vehicels, if the reveler chaincraft V2.5 is in there you can repair it for 19 nc

ROZZER187
16-12-04, 19:52
If it is a reveler, just activate the key again, and you'll see a vehicle acivated message instead of vehicle might be destroyed.

Go to an asg and pull up a list of vehicels, if the reveler chaincraft V2.5 is in there you can repair it for 19 nc

thats what im saying, when i activate the key it says vehicle destroyed, and ive already checked the depot and it aint there :(

and its definetly a reveler

BradSTL
17-12-04, 08:52
I'm just speculating, but may be that only a NEXT Master can reactivate a destroyed key. After all, the reward was designed for them to use, not for them to sell?

ROZZER187
18-12-04, 15:45
o_O

hope not or it means ive just wasted 1.5 mill :lol:

Bugs Gunny
18-12-04, 17:57
If it is a reveler key, and not the temporary halfway through the epic key, it should work.
If not, ask a gm to check it out for you.

superfresh
19-12-04, 08:21
Bah my vehicles keep getting 86'd.

Here's a suggestion - create a place like Neofrag but fill it with a variety of anonymously owned vehicles. Players who have this kind of need can go in and bash and shoot up cars all day long if they want.

Nidhogg
19-12-04, 11:39
Does the key display skill requirements? If it does then it's ok, otherwise it's a temporary key used during the epic.

N

Richard Blade
19-12-04, 17:14

Nid, something just doesn't seem right. It can't be the partial key if he was able to use it for a day.

On Topic
1. Make vehicles LE'd dependent on owner's LE status. In or out of vehicle.
2. Vehicles have their owners name and status in their box tag.
3. Any non-LE'd person jumps in, it then becomes damagable.
4. A LE'd vehicle with the non-LE'd status remains that way until despawned.
5. LE users caught blocking op entrances with LE'd vehicles (during an op fight) can be temp banned upon submission of pic showing User and LE'd status in the blocking position. This should be stated as an exploit and punished as applicable.
6. An LE'd person cannot repair their vehicle as long as it has non-LE'd status.

Rules 3, 4, and 6 should help to prevent abuses of LE'd PvP attempts. Rule 5, up to KK to put the stomp down on abuse.

Bugs Gunny
19-12-04, 18:16
Tags on the vehicle with owner name and FACTION would be great.

ROZZER187
20-12-04, 09:59
Does the key display skill requirements? If it does then it's ok, otherwise it's a temporary key used during the epic.

N

got the requirements on it too, your guess is as good as mine :lol:

SorkZmok
20-12-04, 10:15
1. Make vehicles LE'd dependent on owner's LE status. In or out of vehicle.
2. Vehicles have their owners name and status in their box tag.
3. Any non-LE'd person jumps in, it then becomes damagable.
4. A LE'd vehicle with the non-LE'd status remains that way until despawned.
5. LE users caught blocking op entrances with LE'd vehicles (during an op fight) can be temp banned upon submission of pic showing User and LE'd status in the blocking position. This should be stated as an exploit and punished as applicable.
6. An LE'd person cannot repair their vehicle as long as it has non-LE'd status.

Rules 3, 4, and 6 should help to prevent abuses of LE'd PvP attempts. Rule 5, up to KK to put the stomp down on abuse.Amen to that.