PDA

View Full Version : Neocron @ reallifecomics.com

Sakletare
10-12-04, 14:27
Nice words about Neocron in another place than this forum, not often that happens. (bottom of page, WoW-post)
http://www.reallifecomics.com/daily.php?strip_id=1334

Reefer
10-12-04, 14:34
ummmm nice words? wich are those nice words then?

"going to try it out, it looks kinda interesting" Do these words qualify as nice words in your book? :rolleyes:

Siygess
10-12-04, 14:39
Well at least those words weren't appended with "..but then I heard it was a steaming pile of camel dung."

Sakletare, make sure you bump this thread after he's tried NC2 and posts his feedback. Well, as long as it's positive feedback, anyway :D

Dribble Joy
10-12-04, 14:42
Intresting, read that everyday and I totally missed that.

Time for a forum invasion methinks... :p

Vanten
10-12-04, 14:43

"going to try it out, it looks kinda interesting" Do these words qualify as nice words in your book? :rolleyes:

Dude,he's gonna try the game out. Witch might mean one more customer. The only positive thing you might think of one more to PK with you 1337 tank/apu whatever. Gosh, think a litte further.

Any comments outside this forum makes Neocron a little less unknown to people, and is the key to gain more costumers. Witch is nice in my eyes. (Tho we have to keep them also)

ArgieD
10-12-04, 14:47

Well, the Swede meant that, for a change, they didn't get negative about Neocron.

Well spotted, Sakletare. ;)

Dribble Joy
10-12-04, 14:59
The very fact Greg has mentioned it could mean many more potential customers.
The shear number of readers he has means that even if 0.5% of them looked at NC and liked it would mean a huge increase in subscribers.

KK need to advertise on high profile/traffic sites.
A spot on Penny Arcade would mean thousands of hits a minute.

Cruzbroker
10-12-04, 15:01
Heh, I wonder is he smart enough to not take LE out before rank /50..

Dribble Joy
10-12-04, 15:08
If the images in the forum sign up weren't broke I would go and offer helpfull hints.

Reefer
10-12-04, 16:51
Dude,he's gonna try the game out. Witch might mean one more customer. The only positive thing you might think of one more to PK with you 1337 tank/apu whatever. Gosh, think a litte further.

Any comments outside this forum makes Neocron a little less unknown to people, and is the key to gain more costumers. Witch is nice in my eyes. (Tho we have to keep them also)

I was just being sarcastic. I don't need to think any further for that !
it still is a fact that "i'm going to try this, looks interesting" isn't literaly saying 'something nice' about neocron. That was my point, mr think-tank.

"only positive I can think of is 1 more pk with my 1337 tank/apu , "
my,my, my, aren't we a little full of prejudices hmm? :mad:

I know that it means one more player, thats just plain obvious when he says he wants to try it O_o

I don't think: looks interesting, will try this..will get us much more players regardless of it being mentioned on a busy site, not by a long shot if you consider all the "badwords" iv'e already seen out there :o

Nidhogg
10-12-04, 17:26
I disagree. When the author of a popular web comic says something looks interesting, people tend to see if it really is. I got into Neocron after reading about it on a web comic and I know a lot of people of my "vintage" did likewise. I'm not saying we're suddenly going to get an influx of thousands of people but I think it's certainly worth space on this board without someone shouting it down.

N

Reefer
10-12-04, 17:57
maybe it might have been better if i rephrased my sarcastic remark and added a lot of smilies and winks so that people understand that I was just having a laugh. I was being a hair-splitter on the exact meaning of what Sakletare said.
Also, I had no idea that the comment was from the author of that comic, wich indeed might be good pulicity, but still...imo they aren't nice words in the most direct meaning of the sentence and that was what I was bitching about (I jsut can't help it) :angel:

I wasn't planning on shouting it down in here, honestly.