PDA

View Full Version : Where are the mid-level pistols?

superfresh
10-12-04, 09:19
Made a pistol spy -

I'm having trouble finding mid level pistols. The highest I've found is TL 67. I've got a Wyatt lined up, but that's... 21 dex levels from the 67. Shouldn't there be a bunch in between there? I know there was a good SMG and something called "Blacksun"... No interest in the rocket pistols...

I searched the forums as well but none of the threads I've found had anything conclusive. Doesn't seem like anyone knows where they are.

Seven
10-12-04, 09:38
Been like that since NC2 retail as far as I remember.
Same with rifles, the TL 61 Gatlin Rifle is nowhere to be found, so I'm stuck using a TL 44 Assault Rifle until level 79 for the Tangent Gatlin Rifle, unless I want to spend points for high tech.
I'd rather use those points to cap a higher level non-tech rifle like the TL 61 that I can't find. :(

aquacoder
10-12-04, 10:19
Hi

It's really a problem to get the pistols over TL60 now. One good smugler in PL4 is blocked now by fences and boxes coz of the wrong stuff he sold. :wtf: Another smuggler with pretty good stuff is in MB in main retail area. Dunno what side. He got nice lowtech gutlin pistols TL77 is one of em. If you need Blacksun, DM or mail one of my chars if you are on Terra. I can build you quality capped one if you like. :cool:

Seven
10-12-04, 10:26
Got a TL 61 Gatlin Rifle or bp of one?

Darkana
10-12-04, 10:44
Ok.

MB - Gatlin Pistols, Mini-Rocketlaunchers, all TLs
HEW in VR2, HEW in MB, dunno about other HEW stores: one of the ammo traders sells the high TL Plasma Pistols (all the way down in the list).
TG canyon - Fusion Pistols, Raygun Pistols, all TLs afaik
Plaza 4 (currently "closed") - Automatic Pistols, UZIs, all TLs

I think several traders offer all the normal laser pistols. The thing I still miss in the list are the pulselaser pistols :( Anyway, when you need the TL 92 one, contact me ingame, I can make you a BP of it.

Seven: go to MB when you are looking for higher TL lowtech rifles, there is a smuggler-type guy there (like for the lowtech pistols and lowtech cannons), for higher level hightech rifles visit the guy in TH. Fusion Rifles can be found in TG canyon.

Obsidian X
10-12-04, 15:15
Got a TL 61 Gatlin Rifle or bp of one?

Is that by any chance called an "Enhanced Gatlin Rifle"? If so, it drops from the anarchist thugs (100/100) in the abandoned Black Dragon HQ, usually at crappy quality, though you can always BP it. And get a PPU if you're gonna go there, those guys hurt.

Mr Kot
10-12-04, 15:32
Darkana's post is pretty much spot on.

The three guns i would recommend for levelling (that are still available) are:

TL77 Gatlin pistol from MB smuggler. I made a few of these and modded with one of each ammo mod. Until this week, i hadn't touched one of those since early in NC1 and they must have had a boost since then. The uranium modded one absolutely r@ped near-capped tanks in just one clip. Kinda hard to aim in PvP tho, your target needs to stand still or be afk.

TL86 Blacksun from the smuggler in the old canyon. Look on the top floor.

TL75 Tangent Epic laserpistol. Well worth doing the epic for. Failing that, well worth paying someone to do the epic :p It's like a mini Beam of Hell. Great for hunting, doesn't drop, doesn't break.... GET ONE!!!

[edit] although u aren't really interested in rocket pistols (and quite right too, the damage is shit for it's TL and is in dire need of a boost) it's well worth having for its AoE abilities. Take it to the canyon and do raptor missions. You only have to annoy a terror raptor and it spawns anything up to 9 or 10 raptors on you. You can crouch in an apartment elevator, open the doors and shoot at the roof of the archways to the outside. You will hit 7 or 8 at a time and you dont even have to kill them fully. After a while, they die naturally while the terror raptor is still alive. Ding! Mission complete! Rinse and repeat. Excellent for symp and soullight.

aquacoder
10-12-04, 16:23
I don't have that gutlin rifle bp, sorry. But i think MB smuggler in Main Retail Area have these.

Seven
10-12-04, 18:13
Is that by any chance called an "Enhanced Gatlin Rifle"? If so, it drops from the anarchist thugs (100/100) in the abandoned Black Dragon HQ, usually at crappy quality, though you can always BP it. And get a PPU if you're gonna go there, those guys hurt.

I have that one, it's TL 79, thanks though. :)

Ok.

Seven: go to MB when you are looking for higher TL lowtech rifles, there is a smuggler-type guy there (like for the lowtech pistols and lowtech cannons), for higher level hightech rifles visit the guy in TH. Fusion Rifles can be found in TG canyon.

AHHH! Just looked and there it was on the smuggler in MB.
Last time I checked there they didn't have it, but it's been a few weeks at least. I wish they would tell us about stealth patch changes.

Didn't even think of bothering to look there again.
Thanks for the reply, now I'm not stuck with a TL 44 weapon! ;)

I don't have that gutlin rifle bp, sorry. But i think MB smuggler in Main Retail Area have these.

Yep, thanks also.

superfresh
10-12-04, 19:44
Thanks much guys

@ aquacoder - I think I have a friend that has the Blacksun, but I appreciate it.

Aye, good help from Darkana. :)

That Gat pistol sounds promising. I also wish there was a high level pulse laser. Oh well. Might try the plasma ones since they just plain sound cool. So that leaves...

SMG? They built a castle of crates around that P4 smuggler the day after I made this guy :(