PDA

View Full Version : Best way to level spy psi?

Seven
10-12-04, 07:45
Made a city merc (carebear, I know :p ) combat spy a few days ago.
What's the best way to level psi?

Since he's CM, I only get aggressors (not the captains) on hard missions and the only other choice is running back and forth from MB citycom and bunker for cyclops missions on very hard.

Can spys get psi from another class in a team?

Spoon
10-12-04, 08:51
Well, if your spy is RES or CST do those missions....

If not, find a researcher or an alt, and do the RES missions(3 BP's required per mission)....

I think once you get the tradeskill missions that are TL 100 or more, you get more XP than the "Very Hard" Cyclops missions.....

Even the TL 40, 50 and 60 missions are high enough XP to get your PSI up to use the basic spells with in a couple of hours(or less)...

Or you could always just run to NC and do the regular Aggy missions in P2, enough regular aggressors spawn there to make it worth while...
Might be easier, since everyone else will be farming the Capitians..

And NO, Spies don't get PSI Xp from teaming with anyone..... :p

Omnituens
10-12-04, 08:52
no you cant get it in teams

missions/epics are the way to go

res/con missions are good, though you'll need an alt or a tradeskilling friend

Seven
10-12-04, 09:16
Ok cool, thanks for the tips guys. :)

SorkZmok
10-12-04, 09:37
i`m stupid

but at least not as stupid as hazard.

Darkana
10-12-04, 10:36
When your spy still got LE in you can go to DoY and do cyclops missions there (at least two level 8 storages with cyclops in them). You can try it even without LE, but then you have the constant risk of getting ganked by some TGs. RES/CST missions give better XP, though, but as you have a combat spy someone else has to do it for you.

Good luck in either case :)

Xylaz
10-12-04, 12:00
If u're CM then just do cyclopes (v. hard) missions. It's fast and easy, though not neccesarilly safe if u havent got LE in.

Cubico
10-12-04, 12:18
If not, find a researcher or an alt, and do the RES missions(3 BP's required per mission)....

Why not looking for a constructor? If there a big difference between CST and RES missions?
What I noticed is that CST missions can be done faster and doesnt require so much lube (so you earn more money) compared to RES missions on the same level. And you even get a cool empty datacube :lol:

extract
10-12-04, 15:54
if u got credits to waste, do cst missions and just buy the items it asks for in bulk....u can get to 15 psi in about an hour

Darkana
10-12-04, 15:57
if u got credits to waste, do cst missions and just buy the items it asks for in bulk....u can get to 15 psi in about an hour

You probably missed the changes to the research and construction missions? They have special items now, which cannot be bought in stores anymore. The basic principle (having money and paying for a bulk of these items) stays valid, though :D

Spoon
10-12-04, 19:19
Why not looking for a constructor? If there a big difference between CST and RES missions?
What I noticed is that CST missions can be done faster and doesnt require so much lube (so you earn more money) compared to RES missions on the same level. And you even get a cool empty datacube :lol:

Because, a researcher can make a whole batch of BP's ahead of time, by using the original special TL item..
A construter would have to tag along and build the item each time, because you would have to pass the special item parts to him for each build......

Yeah, a CST mission only requires one build, so it takes less lube(cost), but the RES missions pay more to make up for it...

Agent L
10-12-04, 22:45
over 1k XP for very hard res mission (1100 or smth)
so it's just few missions to cap psi

mr bobo
11-12-04, 02:29
i just did some epics and it was capped u could always try that and make some cash off the epic iteams