PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] pantera fans

extract
09-12-04, 23:03
did anyone else hear about dimebag darrell getting shot and killed at the damageplan concert?

fucking lame world we live in

NS_CHROME54
09-12-04, 23:06
RIP Dimebag Darryl, the legend will live on.

Dimebag Darryl was my BIGGEST inspiration as a guitarist and always will be. His style defines metal. I guess this proves even guitar gods die someday :(

Herbitt
09-12-04, 23:32
yea i saw it on musicianforums.com

god damn sucks :mad:

dimebag is a legend

rip

their bassist died too

Jesterthegreat
09-12-04, 23:37
wtf?

where were thay playing?

:(

Spermy
10-12-04, 00:15
I hope they catch the scum.

RIP Dimey

Herbitt
10-12-04, 00:36
they were playing in a small club in ohio, in the new band damageplan with the ex-pantera guitarist dimebag and the drummer vinnie and two other members forgot the name.

some guy comes on the stage and shoots dimebag 5 times point blank range and i think he got the drummer too.

I hope they catch the scum.

er he was shot on the stage immediately after killing the band members by the security guards .

sec ill get the BBC report one min...

/edit : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4083871.stm

Oath
10-12-04, 00:50
Not much to say.

Dimebag and pantera were a huge influence on my musical tastes and musical style, its a huge loss for his family and for his fans and music in general.

RIP.

Ozambabbaz
10-12-04, 01:23
:(

fucked up world

Color Me Plaid
10-12-04, 02:21
[ edited ]Of all people to kill, an old stoner metalhead who's never done nothin' to anybody. [ edited ]

LiL T
10-12-04, 10:52
Thats fucked up :(

switchback
10-12-04, 11:34
Man what a loss, just listen to the solo in cowboys from hell. Will miss hearing the guy. Glad i got to see them live before this happened.

/edit shit man, i think vince was shot as well. What an arsehole would want to kill two such legends.

RIP D.D

Akasha
10-12-04, 12:51
Fucked up. really fucked up. :mad:

R.I.P. Dimebag.

~A~

djskum
10-12-04, 21:35
Rest in peace mate and TBH you probably had one of the best sounding guitar sounds in thrash, spent many hours (and braincells) as a youth listening to that chunky-as-fuck sound...

Deej

Nidhogg
10-12-04, 21:48
Thread merged.

N

THE_TICK!!!!
11-12-04, 01:59
bleh...just heard bout it over here in iraq...crazy damn world we live in...

Redd Harvest
11-12-04, 10:03
i can't get my head around this... it's totally senseless in every meaning of the word. i've spent well over a decade listening to him play, watching him fuck around in his home movies and videos, even seeing him play live - the guy was one hundred percent metal. his life was the dream we all had 'growing up', probably still have today, and yet he never let the reality of his success taint the purity of that dream to just shred shit up everywhere you go. the cunt that shot him... god, i just don't know... it's amazing how fucking WRONG some people can be. what a fucking dumb piece of shit.

my mate kon said it best, it's like some cunt has just stepped into our lives and fucked with us. dime was, and will continue to be, a part of each and everyone of us who loved his shit. god damn though it fucking hurts to hear he's gone. senseless shit.

-Demon-
12-12-04, 00:44
Apparently the guy that did it blamed dimebag for the break up of Pantera and was a hardcore fan.

Bloody stupid and crazy guy..only glad that there wasn't more killed and the police shot him dead at the scene.