PDA

View Full Version : Hard Currency

Riddle
08-12-04, 14:13
Nope not an advert :)

Here's the thing:-

If Neocron Had a physical hard currency what notes do you think would be in circulation?

1,000ncr Coin
5,000ncr Note
10,000 Note
20,000 Note
50,000 Note
100,000 Note

From in game exp I think this these would cover most transactions.

so basically your 500cr tip for the pokes I give is worth shite :lol:

People saying the economy etc. is already like Saturn so may need a 1 mil note soon lol.

Bugs Gunny
08-12-04, 14:15
Economy like saturn? then why does our salesperson always complain people trying to talk him down on everything, even stuff that's worth 100k.

Riddle
08-12-04, 14:21
lo Bugs,

Well dude your salesperson from Saturn?

We got used to outlandish prices and now when offered like 50k for a rare when used to sell for 1mil + we laugh.

Got to get used to the new prices :) but really already i see the price of rare parts creeping up. First week on used to cost 10k-15k.Now like 30-50k a part.

So how long before we're back to 200k for a part?

Bugs Gunny
08-12-04, 14:26
Depends, once you're set up you can basically just buy rareparts, build guns and sell them for profit. Or barter for people, poke etc....
Doing research missions also works but it's slow.
People that just hunt with an le in, get rich in no time. Just look at the warbot hunting pe with reveler.

Riddle
08-12-04, 14:37
Well my point was at the mo i think the above notes coins would work.

I.e. max you pay out is probably 4-5 Mil for MC5

But if inflation continues even with current money sinks, I still think it will spiral out of control and the reach of noob players.

Most of the game has been changed to put in Time sinks :( however this just delays the onset of mass inflation.

You said"
People that just hunt with an le in, get rich in no time. "

well not long then till every hardened player is rolling in cash.

I have a PE/Rhino :)

retr0n
08-12-04, 16:25
Some people seem to sell at "Saturn x 4" prices though... What's that all about?

I tried to buy a 1 slot SpeedGat today, the guy wanted 600k for it... ffs, it was
worth like 150k in NC1 when everybody had millions and millions...

:/

- Primate

NaKoth
08-12-04, 16:27
bit OT but,
1 speedgat =
300k to change to CM
300k to change back to whatever faction

time and effort to do the Epic = priceless

so 600k is not very high price for 1slot speedgat imo.

Kozmos
08-12-04, 16:30
Some people seem to sell at "Saturn x 4" prices though... What's that all about?

I tried to buy a 1 slot SpeedGat today, the guy wanted 600k for it... ffs, it was
worth like 150k in NC1 when everybody had millions and millions...

:/

- Primate

But there was also alot more flying around on pluto, specially considering the ammount of duping that happened with items and cash towards end of retail NC1

ROZZER187
08-12-04, 19:55
But there was also alot more flying around on pluto, specially considering the ammount of duping that happened with items and cash towards end of retail NC1

:lol: i went in pepper park and saw about 60 spirit modded sh's along with a few other rares

Carinth
08-12-04, 21:41
Way back a long time ago in nc beta1 we had.. cash cubes. You could put some cash into the cube and then give the cube as a tip/payment. It was removed because of rampant duping making billionaires.

MkVenner
08-12-04, 21:50
tho apparently all those exploits have been fixed...

QuantumDelta
08-12-04, 21:54
tho apparently all those exploits have been fixed...
You slay me you really do :)
I wish we could have cash cubes or something along the lines of notes now.

MkVenner
08-12-04, 22:01
why thank you :p

yeah cash cubes would come in handy...not only for transfering money between alts, but for other things

Mr Kot
09-12-04, 03:40
I think there would have to be more coins.

500nc, 200nc, 100nc (silver coins)
50nc, 20nc, 10nc (copper coins)

As for the notes, methinks someone should show us some kewl banknote designs.

*smells a competition brewing*

:angel:

garyu69
09-12-04, 03:47
As for the notes, methinks someone should show us some kewl banknote designs.Would need two designs, one with filthy Copbots on and one with DoY Guards on. :D

BradSTL
09-12-04, 03:55
I'm having a very hard time figuring out the economy in NC2; for all I can tell, there isn't one. Background: I play on the Terra server, and since I'm out of work for health reasons at any random hour of the day. If the estimate I heard the other day that 1% server population = 10 players, then when I'm online there are often as few as 30 people logged in, and never to my knowledge more than 200. As a consequence of that, I've been back playing this game for almost a month now and have yet to see anything other than epic mission kills bought or sold.

Right now I'm at the point where, with a lot of screwing around moving stuff between pro-city and anti-city characters, I could make myself a constructor machina glove and a researcher machina glove. I could buy one, but I have no idea how much they'd cost, I've never seen them offered. Alternatively, if they're worth a lot of money, I could effortlessly smuggle up a dozen or twenty or however many blueprints and construction licenses and sell them by the dozen - but I'd have no idea how much to charge.

I've considered LOMing one of my two droner spies over to rifles, to get the lower INT point expenditure. So I went shopping for low-tech rifles. I found very few prototypes in the Dome's shops (I know, check MB and/or BattleDome). I'd need one at the extreme upper limit of what my CST/RES character could build, and I may yet go that route if I decided to do it. But if I wanted to buy a roughly TL50-60 low-tech rifle, (a) what with weapon TLs having moved all over the map since Rustot's last weapon list (which most of the fan sites seem to still be using), I don't even know what gun I'd want without an entire evening's worth of research, and (b) I have no idea where on Terra I'd find someone selling one if I'd rather buy than make it, or where I'd find the tradeskillers to copy one, and (c) I have no idea how much cash I'd need to have saved up on that character to pay either way.

Is there an economy in this game? I can't find one.

Mr Kot
09-12-04, 04:00
Would need two designs, one with filthy Copbots on and one with DoY Guards on.

U got a point there, gary. Two warring armies are like two seperate states. Each should have their own currency.

Neocron has its NeoCredits.... DoY would have....erm... Dome Dollars? York Yen? What would make it interesting is that the shops and traders in one city wouldn't accept currency from the other. City people stealthing into the dome wouldn't (some might say shouldn't) be able to buy crahn spells, dome goodies etc. It would fuck up the alliance changers too, as their amassed fortune would be worthless and they would have to start over... unless some clever person set up a bureau de change in Tech Haven. :D

*note to self - get life*

Spoon
09-12-04, 07:31
I like the idea....

I imagine KK would worry about dupeage and people getting around the 18 mill nc limit(without using StockX)....

I would like some "tangible assets" to use ingame....

It would be cool to strut around with a pocketfull of dead dictators....

Especially if they came in 1k, 5k and 10k denominations...

I think your on to something, there, Riddle......

Riddle
09-12-04, 15:10
BradSTL

(b) I have no idea where on Terra I'd find someone selling one if I'd rather buy than make it, or where I'd find the tradeskillers to copy one, and

Use the trade channel to ask for a tradeskiller there a a few :) and they tend to be nice at helping out.

I asked for a cube of a certain weapon and a resser had a whole appy full of all different ones. cube cost 2k nought parts and tip whole gun around 10k capped stats which costs 30-40k for crap one from smuggler :)

As for glove etc. I have seen prices ranging from 150k - 250k but i know you can build some of them as cheap as 70k without barter so some profit to be made.

Bugs Gunny
09-12-04, 15:20
Most people are stingy.

However last night was a good night. Sold a first love for 580k, and three rhino's all in 15 minutes. Doesn't seem to be a marked for the chips or gloves, people pay too little for them.
Last night a guy only wanted to pay 75k for a chip that takes 3 X parts to build it. If i add lube a bp and genrep costs i'll lose money.

Mr Kot
11-12-04, 16:39
Most people are stingy. ..... Doesn't seem to be a marked for the chips or gloves, people pay too little for them.
Last night a guy only wanted to pay 75k for a chip that takes 3 X parts to build it. If i add lube a bp and genrep costs i'll lose money.

You're not trying hard enough! You need to drive a hard bargain to stay in business and make a profit. All my characters sell various FSM products (mainly implants) and make a fair profit too. Business is booming.

It's wiser to sell stuff that isn't too expensive. By that, i mean u cant put much profit on camo suits at 500k a piece or no-one will buy them. Items with a trade price tag of 30k to 100k can attract a significant mark up and they still sell.

Don't forget, if people are desperate enough for the item, they will pay. I rarely get people grumbling about my prices, but if one does, i just tell him that if he can find it cheaper elsewhere, vote with your feet. They can't get it elsewhere. 20 minutes of unsuccessful searching later, they will come back to you with their tail between their legs and pay what u ask.

As long as there are people out there who can't be bothered to raise their faction sympathy, u will have a monopoly. Take advantage while you can ;)

Crodus_Kanahn
14-12-04, 05:03
bit OT but,
1 speedgat =
300k to change to CM
300k to change back to whatever faction

time and effort to do the Epic = priceless

so 600k is not very high price for 1slot speedgat imo.

yeah do the math everyone complains about saturn but supply and demand
come into play as well, work has been done to obtain certain items as well
as the fact some items are more rare than others. time spent changing factions or time spent collecting rares added to the money spent on repairs
on armor imp spell weap repairs in the meatime hunting. if u think a speed
gat is worth low 100k's ill buy 15 from u where is your shop.
this is not directed at u nakoth im just adding to what u posted