PDA

View Full Version : Scout Glider and flying vehicles

Purple
08-12-04, 12:39
Is anyone having truoble with the flying vehicles ??

such including

stopping in mid air unable to move / fly any further resulting in you jumping out and the vehicle then becomes destryoed ?

Just blowing up in mid air without hitting anything or being shot down

anyone know wtf is happening costing me a goddam fortune for vehicles

Bugs Gunny
08-12-04, 12:49
Gliders are a waste of cash.

Bombers and carriers are good, except for the zoning with 1st person view bug so you can't turn, just land and get out to reset it. The carrier has the problem that out of 6 passenger seats she can only hold 3-4, since if more people take a seat half the passengers crash upon zoning.

msdong
08-12-04, 12:50
Is anyone having truoble with the flying vehicles ??

such including

stopping in mid air unable to move / fly any further resulting in you jumping out and the vehicle then becomes destryoed ?

Just blowing up in mid air without hitting anything or being shot down

anyone know wtf is happening costing me a goddam fortune for vehicles

yes, there are some known problebs about VHC.

the stopping in midair allways ends lucky for me, as soon as i get out of the VHC it continue flying and and slowly going to ground. after a while it was back in ASG.

on the collision in mid air there are some problems on LARGE hills and antenna structures in the wastes.
there is a pic in the professions forum of a place where you always crash(the building where u have to go for the BT epic)
so best use canyons to pass hills and keep clear of antennas (fly left or right ont over)

if you destroy a glider search for a researcher for a BP of your key - then a Recycler with 100+ skill and let him salvage the key. then you are able to rebuild the key for around 5k + tips.

Bugs Gunny
08-12-04, 13:11
I have all that, and a barter too, so if you need vehicle stuff, let me know.

Purple
08-12-04, 13:22
thanks guys i bare that in mind just seemed a bit strange and actually at the time of one incident i was flying around canyons to try and avoid nasties lol hmmmmmm buggy game i def need a carrier do they fly faster than the bomber cos thats sooo slow and how much r they xxxxxx

Shadowbreed
08-12-04, 13:43
Hmm they fly about the same speed as bomber and ppl sell them from anywhere between 600k and 800k on terra as far as i've seen anyways

Bugs Gunny
08-12-04, 14:12
I'm selling bombers for 800k. They fly the same speed, but the bomber takes less int and vehicle use.
They are NOT slow, i always keep up with the reveler i'm chasing.
Don't just put the thrusters pointing down too much. go for at least 45° or even more.

ROZZER187
08-12-04, 19:52
Hmm they fly about the same speed as bomber and ppl sell them from anywhere between 600k and 800k on terra as far as i've seen anyways

this might sound dumb but i thought the vendor in doy sold em for about 200k o_O

msdong
08-12-04, 20:11
this might sound dumb but i thought the vendor in doy sold em for about 200k o_O
uhh, really ? a carrier cost 660k @TG FSM the last time i checked

Shadowbreed
08-12-04, 21:04
Ur prolly confused with advanced gliders or something.... carriers are only sold by FSM as stated above by msdong

giga191
09-12-04, 00:06
Is the pilot of the bomber also the gunner?

Dan Szeen
09-12-04, 01:00
No, the gunner and bomber are seperate.

Here's hoping for a VHC week (of the flying kind in particular) soon... lovely stuff. I got an advanced glider.... 1 minute later and it was in pieces.... :)

I had to chase the thing after it spawned which was nice... hehe runaway glider..................boom!

Shadowbreed
09-12-04, 01:20
Is the pilot of the bomber also the gunner?

Nope there's a pilot a gunner and a bomber

Purple
09-12-04, 12:41
I Think there should be a vah theme week with driving lessons for gliders cos those things keep blowing up b4 i can even get in them my poor bomber is the only thing that survives

Bugs Gunny
09-12-04, 13:22
I sent in a ticked last night because of a weird bug i had at RT.

I had 97int, 102veh, and NO SI. Still couldn't get in my bomber which needs 95int and 98 veh.
Relogged several times, put the bomber back in storage many times, nothing.
In the end it ended up turning into a half health rhino when i pulled it out and i finaly was able to get in. Then i respawned it and it was back to being my bomber, problem solved.

The GM that came told me that KK is looking into another vehicle problem:
Carrier with 6 passenger seats, 3 people in seats ok, 4 people in seats, everyone crashes on zoning.

I still have hopes of KK fixing these bugs if they ever have a theme week on vehicles.

Shadowbreed
09-12-04, 14:18
Here's a nice one... land a scout glider on top of a mountain, and get out.
If you're lucky it will drop through the floor of the mountain and crash :(
Had that twice now

Purple
09-12-04, 14:22
lol that ahppened to my bomber but i was able to get in it and my friend now has screenies of a flying tank and my glider has turned into a chaincraft b4 i will post the screenies they r hilarious lol