PDA

View Full Version : Friendliness of the Factions

wombat74
08-12-04, 00:59
Hey folks, just a quick quesiton for you Domers out there - obviously apart from the TG sector, how safely can a CityMerc wander around the Dome?

MkVenner
08-12-04, 01:05
well i wouldnt try it, ive been killed more times by crahn or tsunami or BD than i have TG, having said that ive been killed by CA/Next/Dre etc more times than TG...

tiikeri
08-12-04, 01:07
See? :) we aren't that bad afterall :)

naimex
08-12-04, 01:08
I would say itīs about as safe for a cm to walk in DoY as it is to challenge a y replicant commander on a spy without armor.

so if we say the spy has stealth, then you have a fair chance of survival.

but you never know... theres rumors of gangs forming in the alleys of the dome. :eek:

wombat74
08-12-04, 01:10
Well nuts, there goes my cunning plan to be able to buy my own spells :)

BradSTL
08-12-04, 01:10
Um, I haven't tried it, and when I'm not specifically looking for something my memory sometimes goes faulty, so YMMV, but I think I remember seeing CityMercs wandering around ground level at the City Center mall -- which has something like about a gazillion Dome of York security guards, without them opening fire. So as long as you use the K_11 or K_16 entrances and stay out of sector 01 once you get inside, I'd think you'd be safe.

The easiest safest way I can think of to find out is to get some mid-level PPU to cast level 2 drone buff on you, and pick up a Basic Lightweight Drone, which then anybody can use. Fly it up to the guards, see if they open fire. If not, you're cool. Go in. Go to the sector 1 boundary, fly the drone around, see where the TG faction members/guards are. Stay out of their sight. Now you're in like Flynn.

naimex
08-12-04, 01:13
well, the DoY guards dont shoot cm, since the only hostile yorkers for a cm are the t-guardians.

but still.. if i was cm walking around in doy, i wouldnt spend one second unbuffed, or without my finger on the draw a BFG button.

maybe im just paranoid... but rather be paranoid than dead...

wombat74
08-12-04, 01:15
Um, I haven't tried it, and when I'm not specifically looking for something my memory sometimes goes faulty, so YMMV, but I think I remember seeing CityMercs wandering around ground level at the City Center mall -- which has something like about a gazillion Dome of York security guards, without them opening fire. So as long as you use the K_11 or K_16 entrances and stay out of sector 01 once you get inside, I'd think you'd be safe.

The easiest safest way I can think of to find out is to get some mid-level PPU to cast level 2 drone buff on you, and pick up a Basic Lightweight Drone, which then anybody can use. Fly it up to the guards, see if they open fire. If not, you're cool. Go in. Go to the sector 1 boundary, fly the drone around, see where the TG faction members/guards are. Stay out of their sight. Now you're in like Flynn.

It wasn't the guards I was worried about - I know that the NPCs are programmed a specific way, and Yorkie guards won't shoot CityMercs, but the TG ones will. It was more the attitude of the other runners that had me worried. Other people's responses have kinda answered that question for me :)

jnky
08-12-04, 14:47
I do disagree, I started PP (for the chip) with my apu them moved to CM and spent a lot of time in DOY and wasnt attacked a single time (doy guards dont attack CM !)
Although a TG tank attacked me in the wastes but hey why not.

The thing I do seem to do whilst alone in DOY even now im back at CS is to keep moving unless im chatting to someone. Remember its not just enemies who attack. Plus my CM epic kill has landed my name in trouble with a certain TS clan whom have attacked me now ive moved over to Crahn

trigger hurt
08-12-04, 15:14
Do what I do. If you got a hacker, hack through hacknet run to the crahn DNS, pop out at the gr, tag gr.

The NPC at the gr wont attack you unless you talk to it. Then, just run up from the GR. Keep moving though. If you stop, you're toast.

I used to sit my city admin char in the pews in the Crahn Cathedral and go AFK for hours.

It really burns up those people in DarK when I do that :p

NaKoth
08-12-04, 16:31
One can blame DoY factions on attacking CMs, but as I see it its CMs own fault.
8 out of 10 CM i see in DoY are doing everything but bying spells, so they are treaded as so.

Ofcourse its only the few that makes the reputation for CM, and i feel sorry for the rest.

ArgieD
08-12-04, 16:39
Hey folks, just a quick quesiton for you Domers out there - obviously apart from the TG sector, how safely can a CityMerc wander around the Dome?

Ahh, the lovely Role Playing .... :rolleyes:

In a game where the same chap can be behind different runners, where one's runners can be of any faction orientation, and where allied ganking is more common than enemy killing, then don't you think that faction friendliness is not exactly quantifiable?

The idea of the same person having two characters belonging to hostile clans, which fight each other, has made me feel a bit disillusioned regarding the rpg factor of this game... :(

PS nothing wrong with your question / thread though

Spoon
08-12-04, 16:46
Do what I do. If you got a hacker, hack through hacknet run to the crahn DNS, pop out at the gr, tag gr.

[...]
I used to sit my city admin char in the pews in the Crahn Cathedral and go AFK for hours.

haha..

That's brillant.....

btw, wombat, there's Option #3..
Just log on at 3am in the morning, when there's only 20 poeple on the server and buy your spells....

You'll have the whole place to yourself....

SorkZmok
09-12-04, 00:08
You`ll have less problems than any pro city faction walking around in NC.

All the TGs are hanging around at CRP 24/7 anyway.

wombat74
09-12-04, 00:10
You`ll have less problems than any pro city faction walking around in NC.

All the TGs are hanging around at CRP 24/7 anyway.

Guess I should get my ass into gear and go CityMerc then - for some reason people don't like DRE... we're so meek, though - why would anyone hate us?

Genji
09-12-04, 02:53

The NPC at the gr wont attack you unless you talk to it. Then, just run up from the GR. Keep moving though. If you stop, you're toast.

LMAO I still remember the PAIN member takeing 2 HL's from the npc's and he was down!

Dribble Joy
09-12-04, 03:24
One can blame DoY factions on attacking CMs, but as I see it its CMs own fault.
8 out of 10 CM i see in DoY are doing everything but bying spells, so they are treaded as so.

Doing what else? Most of the people I know in CM (or were in CM untill the recent move to NExT by a large number), didn't go to DoY to gank neutrals.

Ofcourse its only the few that makes the reputation for CM, and i feel sorry for the rest.
Don't supose you could be a bit more specific on whom? (in a PM if nessicary).

Regarding running about in DoY as a CM; bad idea in general, too many TGs about, too many gank clans about, too many TGs on thier BD alts and too many NC pkers with a stiffy for griefing anything they see.
If you have to go thier, never drop your buffs and have a heal running permenantly.

LiL T
09-12-04, 04:13
tbh if CM's are not gonna be causing trouble then they got nothing to worry about sure some TG's will kill you on sight. But that depends if you are claned and actively killing TG's and taking there OP's it could change though as some CM's are pking in TG sector

Jaenus
09-12-04, 04:38
As a TG, the only time I've taken part in killing CM in DoY is when some unclanned nutter decided to gank TGs in the City Center to gain faction sympathy.
Thing is he kept coming back through the GR.. quite a few people gained a lot of TG symp that day :lol:

wombat74
09-12-04, 05:36
As a TG, the only time I've taken part in killing CM in DoY is when some unclanned nutter decided to gank TGs in the City Center to gain faction sympathy.
Thing is he kept coming back through the GR.. quite a few people gained a lot of TG symp that day :lol:

Well, I'm unclanned and the entire time I've been playing I've PK'd a grand total of two people - one BD runner I paid for the privelege (DRE epic) and one FA runner who had a tradeskiller friend of mine cornered in VR2 (and I sent him an email saying sorry afterwards). I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and give it a try - hopefully my shining reputation will proceed me :P

Darth Slayer
09-12-04, 19:49
Well apart from one CM clan all CM are treated as fairly as possible by Fallen Angels. We appreciate your custom when you come and visit, just remember this tho if we see CM attacking TWG regardless of who started the fight we will ( Well 99 % of us will) back the TWG runner. But apart from that your safe as could be in FA sector. No guards for a start...... :lol:

Scorpius.

trigger hurt
10-12-04, 00:53
LMAO I still remember the PAIN member takeing 2 HL's from the npc's and he was down!
the pain member was me. It was 3 hl's from them, but that's beside the point. The guy was a 100% pure hacker. No implants. No drugs. No armor. Best part is, I didn't drop a thing :p