PDA

View Full Version : Severe NC Withdrawl

Leebzie
08-12-04, 00:41
I just cant let go :(

Just logged into NC 'Classic'... the sounds of the plaza, the announcements calling out all around, even the background music, is bringing back so many memories of a truly great game I played...

I havent bought NC2 yet but I just keep thinking about doing it... Ive not truly got the time anymore (well... i know id make time anyway) to play neo, but I keep finding myself logging into NC1 wishing it was all still there (or that I was in NC2)

Neo's been kinda a part of my life since Jan'03 and its almost seemed odd without it 8|

Tell me about NC2 some more community, I havent played neo since NC2 beta closed (never officially 'quit'... how could I). Perhaps you can push me over the final hurdle back into the game.

/helpless rant

naimex
08-12-04, 01:04
the strippers and boobs and guns girls are gorgeous :)

nf in doy is still missing, huge letdown, nf was like my favourite place to hang out in nc1.

people are generally nicer when i talk to them, although some people can get very nasty, and theres this really huge hate wall, you just run into from time to time, with allies yelling at eachother, and within seconds theres dogtags all over..

some of the restrictions have been removed, which makes more freakish setups viable, and thats just way cool.

when you walk outside a door, you have that.. "am i gonna get attacked now?" feeling.. it makes you feel more that you are in an unsafe environment.

I liked nc2 when i just moved over there..

but its just totally loveable when you play from nubje again :)

f4nb01 10v3 <3 :)

Mr Kot
08-12-04, 01:23
If nostalgia is your thing, you won't be disappointed with NC2. It's like NC1, but with a few tweaks here or there. The differences you will notice depend on which faction you choose and your profession.

From your sig, i see you were ProtoPharm. At first glance you will probably not notice much changed as u will spawn in your starter viarosso apartment with its one less cabinet (you have to buy your own now). The city has a similar layout and the same announcements, but its the smaller subtler differences that draw your curiosity. Shops have all been moved and rearranged. The zones that used to be safe zones are no longer so, meaning you had better buff up before leaving your apartment, just to be on the safe side. Ally vs ally fights are not unheard of, but you will soon learn who the troublemakers are and which runners / clans to watch out for.

If you liked the music in NC1, then i suggest you make your first city stop of at your faction HQ. The music there is awesome. I find it hard to describe the exact feel of the music, but let's just say it's the kind of music that makes me recline in my chair and want to light a cigarette (and i don't even smoke, lol).

If your Neocrack involved dealing with other players rather than going it alone, this is where KK devs have excelled themselves. Items you could previously just buy by walking into a plaza shop and clicking the vendor are no longer available directly. They exist, but you need to know where to find them. The help chat channel is your friend :) Some items are now only available to members of certain factions, so player to player trade is now essential. It's a good money earner too, as my Biotech tank will tell you. :) Level 3 imps, anyone?

If you hack, u just have to explore the hacknet. It's currently undergoing a major rehaul as hacknet is the subject of our current "Theme Week", this being a topic that the devs concentrate on with the co-operation of and feedback from the community. I won't spoil what the hacknet is, just hack any generep and find out for yourself. Even if u don't hack, no matter. Just buy a TL30 hacktool and ask a ppu for a spy 3 buff. Call it a "sneak preview" ;)

If you want a totally different feel to the game, create an anti-city character and explore the Dome of York. It's huge, but at the moment not exactly packed with people.

New levelling areas exist too, alongside the old favourites we all know and love. Some levelling spots are in the strangest of places; you never quite know what you're about to walk into, sometimes.

New missions and quests exist in various places too, with all new rewards. Again, I won't spoil the surprise of what or where they are, you will have to find out. Hint: brand new weapon type and medicaments. ;) The epic missions you knew from NC1 are still in place, together with some new ones for each of the anti city factions. A couple of the missions are broken at the moment, but these are being worked on. The playability and workability of the game has improved a lot since the start of NC2. Bugs and things still do exist, but they are being worked on all the time. Player to KK communication has improved a lot since Theme Weeks were introduced.

There are probably other things i've totally forgotten about, but i hope i have wet your whistle enough to give NC2 a try. If you do decide to join us, the majority of english players are on Terra server (4 char). The french players still have their own (Pandore) and there are two german servers now, a 4 slot and a 1 slot. (Mercury and Mars). If you are still ProtoPharm, look me up (or one of my clannies) and we'll be glad to show you around. My main character on Terra is Dave, who is also ProtoPharm, or any other member of NNRA can help you.

You know you want it....... :D

Hell-demon
08-12-04, 01:38
SOUL!

wondered where the hell you were. Join up to nc2 fast its great! but the name SoulBlade has already been taken by someone...but no biggy :rolleyes:

spongeb0b
08-12-04, 03:24
Let me tempt you with some sexy screenies :D
::edit:: omg i still cant get over the sky detail lol it looks purty :p

Leebzie
14-12-04, 20:54
but the name SoulBlade has already been taken by someone

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Stoeled.

Seriously... cant stop thinking about it... damn, wish I had more money and time. eeek... Almost a year since I was running about opwarring daily. :(

Mr Kot
14-12-04, 21:21
eeek... Almost a year since I was running about opwarring daily. :(

something just occurred to me.... you're a PE... u used to OPwar daily.... not played for a year...... man, i hate to be the one to break this to you, but.....

PE's can't stealth anymore :(

*cries*

PE + OPwar = MBUTTON2

Tostino
14-12-04, 21:44
something just occurred to me.... you're a PE... u used to OPwar daily.... not played for a year...... man, i hate to be the one to break this to you, but.....

PE's can't stealth anymore :(

*cries*

PE + OPwar = MBUTTON2
Yeah stealth was the only thing that made a PE sorta playable in a op-war... Now you need a ppu up your ass just like everyone elce :(

virgil caine
14-12-04, 22:25
Yeah stealth was the only thing that made a PE sorta playable in a op-war... Now you need a ppu up your ass just like everyone elce :(
As a PPU I'm not sure I really like the way you put that, why not say that a PPU is important to your style of play. I have nightmares of being dragged around an op by my head and the mental picture, just makes me rofl. I can now see a certain TG clan storming an op, all with their PPU's.

QuantumDelta
14-12-04, 22:58
PEs were almost always like that after the shelter/deflector adjustment.

I still op war, and op warred, with that PE, admittedly only when my PPU, Tank, Droner, friends account APU Droner dies.
But Hey!

Tostino
14-12-04, 23:07
lol i op-wared with my PE in nc1 all the time (because i played pluto and it was all i had :p) and after they removed stealth it was just un playable... in a op-war we have less defence then tanks apus and even spys that drug for inq 1. and its not like in a 1v1 we are that good... if you are fighting a tank or a druging spy with the same skill you will aloways lose :'(.

MkVenner
14-12-04, 23:38
well i dont know about stealth...i only used it for like a week...but certainly something is lacking...i dont op war no more, but thats just coz none of my guys are in clans that aren't taking ops...or really considered active lol....but i shall stand faithully by my PE lol

Leebzie
15-12-04, 00:05
Ah, I really *stopped* playing upon NC2 release, its just a year ago i was VERY active (i.e. aprox 80% of my awake life) on neo. I played right up to NC2 (played beta) and just... never got round to upgrading. But indeed I was witness to the stealth nerf. (Change of pay solutions is the annoyance for me, if it had been 'do you want to pay for the upgrade ? Y/N and then charged to monthly payment, then id be playing now)

Mr Kot
15-12-04, 00:41
I have nightmares of being dragged around an op by my head and the mental picture, just makes me rofl. I can now see a certain TG clan storming an op, all with their PPU's.

ROFL!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Any artists out there care to supply the artwork to that fantasy?

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Icewalk
15-12-04, 01:02
Mr Kot, pay for my NC2 acct! Hehe just need ya to pay for a month-- will pay ya over PayPal. Goes for everyone.