PDA

View Full Version : Guards...

Chuper
05-12-04, 12:25
Hello

As the title implies i want to get a discussion going on whether there are too many guards in NC, and whether they should get a nerf... It is just about impossible to raid Neocron, because of the 40 guards in each zone... In DoY there are a bounch at each HQ entrance and then two DoY-Guards at each genrep, it don't know if this is too much because i haven’t played proNC.

I thought that it would be nice if all of they guards got like half or a quarter health so they could be killed relatively fast, and they respawn-rate should be like once an hours (or every 3 hours). This way it would be possible for runner to actually make their way though the City to p1 without getting chased by a kabillion guards.

Just a thought, please post yours :)

/Chuperman

MkVenner
05-12-04, 12:31
its probly not a good idea to get this one going lol :p, but i agree there are too many guards in the NC zones, and their para is insane

Kozmos
05-12-04, 12:34
No,

When i was DOY, I could go into plaza on my tank, plaza 1, yes through pepper, plaza 3, and into plaza 1, and if ur smart you can survive on a TL3 heal and a fuckload of anti stuns. However raiding DOY, You gotta go through a fuckload of DOY bots to get there in the first place, once you zone in your guards do a LOT more damage then ours do, so you dont last anywhere near aslong.

Chuper
05-12-04, 12:39
This was as much about nerfing the DoY guards as the NC guards, to actually make the cities "raidable". Since i don't have a proNC-runner i can't comment on whether DoY is too hard to raid or not.

-=Dredduk=-
05-12-04, 12:43
What do you mean by raiding?

you mean raiding as in going into plaza1 the main place for neocron players...

and standing in the middle not expecting to die?

See how long a pro city tank lasts when raiding the city center standing in the middle of it....

I bet the anti city tank would last longer in plaza 1 then a pro city would in doy center.

And another thing... plaza 2 is easy to raid with a good team...

and not forgetting them horrible doy bots outside of doy.

And after all this is a city... 2 people shouldnt be able to raid the whole place otherwise it would be like doy... bombed and war torn.

But they could change it so it is a bit easier to raid... and it would stop players getting bored and ganking allies.

Spermy
05-12-04, 12:53
What do you mean by raiding?

you mean raiding as in going into plaza1 the main place for neocron players...

and standing in the middle not expecting to die?

See how long a pro city tank lasts when raiding the city center standing in the middle of it....

I bet the anti city tank would last longer in plaza 1 then a pro city would in doy center.

And another thing... plaza 2 is easy to raid with a good team...

and not forgetting them horrible doy bots outside of doy.

And after all this is a city... 2 people shouldnt be able to raid the whole place otherwise it would be like doy... bombed and war torn.

But they could change it so it is a bit easier to raid... and it would stop players getting bored and ganking allies.

You took all that from the word raid?

No my good freind to "Raid" asd you put it requires you get through to there in the first place.

Spies? Fine - anyone else - bollocks.

BTW I started a thread earlier on this - the seacrh button is your friend. :) And yes indeed MK it bombed.

WHY?

Because Procity have the advantage - they are not going to ask for a change any time soon. Those allied killing arses can get in our dome and wreak havok, but are safe and snug in thier city.

I cab get through Via or through to plaza but that is as far as it goes.

Either remove para or make our guards the same.

DoY gurads are like screaming horse correct?

SH para and indirect fire.
DoY Miss, no para ( for the record I've been on both sides and DoY guards DO do the same amount of damage as SH because they miss so often.

Where are the copbots walking around our dome? whats our equiv?

NC has STorm littering it's territory - we have Johnny 5s - again - been on both sides - storms react a lot more than J5s.

We need a cop bot equiv in our dome plz.

-=Dredduk=-
05-12-04, 13:47
NC has STorm littering it's territory - we have Johnny 5s - again - been on both sides - storms react a lot more than J5s.

Theres also about 60 more jhonny 5's then storm bots.

MkVenner
05-12-04, 13:52
Storms are like 1 or 2 to a zone and you know when you're getting hit, J5's congregate in packs of 5+ and do insane damage compared to a Storm

Shelia
05-12-04, 13:54
Theres also about 60 more jhonny 5's then storm bots.

Nc people can gr in DOY, so jhonny 5's are useless. And it's easy to find a way without J5's.
And once they are in DOY, there isn't any guards (well 1 per syncro...).
DOY is easy to raid, nc isn't.

-=Dredduk=-
05-12-04, 14:03
Nc people can gr in DOY, so jhonny 5's are useless. And it's easy to find a way without J5's.
And once they are in DOY, there isn't any guards (well 1 per syncro...).
DOY is easy to raid, nc isn't.

They cant gr if they havent got it tagged in the first place so they will have to face jhonny 5's no matter which way.

Spermy
05-12-04, 15:57
Like I said - I've been both sides of the coin.

J5s are easy to avoid even playing a tank.

sanityislost
05-12-04, 16:10
ok here is a lil fact about how easy it is to get into DoY

my mate makes a next alt (for fsm) levels to about xx/30 and walks all the way
from nc into doy from TG sec to the FA lift....he didnt once get hit by a DoY
guard or even meet a Johnny 5.

With that said tho, i dont want it changed. would like NC nerfed to the same
level

SiL ..:..

Kozmos
05-12-04, 20:55
Pro dont wanna raid your zones around your HQ's, theres never any fucker there, Just like in the OZ, and pepper park in neo, nobody ever there, you wanna get into plaza 1 because the people are there to kill, and that is piss easy, Pro wanna get into DOY CityCenter, now that is fucking impossible.

Ascension
05-12-04, 21:21
However raiding DOY, You gotta go through a fuckload of DOY bots to get there in the first place, once you zone in your guards do a LOT more damage then ours do, so you dont last anywhere near aslong.

Hmm, well when I was Tangent Technologies I ran from MB into the TG sector of DoY alone, I didnt even use one medikit (I didnt have any)

Oh yeah did I point out I made it out alive too.. :p

For those who dont know me Im an APU too ;)

Spermy
05-12-04, 21:41
Pro dont wanna raid your zones around your HQ's, theres never any fucker there, Just like in the OZ, and pepper park in neo, nobody ever there, you wanna get into plaza 1 because the people are there to kill, and that is piss easy, Pro wanna get into DOY CityCenter, now that is fucking impossible.

Heh - you must be really fucking bad at this game.

And FYI - yes the majority of kills I see happen in my HQ sector.

Pull the other one - it has bells on it.

SigmaDraconis
05-12-04, 22:39
I think theres a few too many guards in plaza, but its still fairly easy to get into the city, my only problem is the fact everything can see you stealthed if yur below -16 SL :\

dark_reaper
06-12-04, 01:48
Our threat in Neocron is not from outside, but it is from within. It is that allied faction killings I hate. Now I hunt in my secret place :)

Chuper
06-12-04, 14:55
You can Easily get in the to city, i can agree with that (both Cities...), but the thing is you cant stay there, you have to keep moving, otherwise you wil get the bluegluejuice... I think that they should sat the spawn time to about every 2 or 3 hours, they you could clear a sector, and kinda siege it...

Crest
06-12-04, 15:59
With a spy I have raided both, and i have yet to be killed in NC by gaurds, where I always died in DOY, But

Doy has gaurds at GR's, Fact HQ's Entrance and exists of DOY and a few lifts...and tons in DOPY central

NC has gaurds at the same places, plus in shops and all over everywhere. Put a levie on GR prices to accomodate number of guards, then have the communities decide if they want to keep all of them. Runners from their respective cities take them for granted.
So when you have to pay for a gaurd in a shop who may may kill someone once every 7 weeks, then you will get rid of him...

Too many gaurds on both sides, Even tough there are safe zones, we still need DOY Gaurdian and Reeza's protection ? Whats with that

For traders, you have faction HQ's, TH and you can hide in your app's, so whats with the beefed up security

LiL T
06-12-04, 16:24
so whats with the beefed up security

Its so the carebears that meaning people who don't care for PVP can sit in there and trade skill. While throwing insults and abuse over the so called trade channel cos they know I can't get them and if they so happen to come into pepper park. Where it is meant to be dangerous and get killed they would then come on to these forums and bitch about it and if we try to explain how the game works . They then start throwing general abuse at us and then have the cheek to say it is us that has problems in real life because of how we play a game O_o

sorry its just how I feel :p

BradSTL
06-12-04, 23:36
I don't see anything in the design of this game or in the storyline to suggest that it was designed to make it easy, or even practical, for single characters to stage their own raids deep into the enemy city. In either case, unless you're a stealthed sniper spy, you'll last much longer and do much more damage -- and, I imagine, have a lot more fun -- if you bring friends. Ideally, if you bring lots more friends. Heck, then you might even make the news!

QuantumDelta
07-12-04, 00:03
Kozmos, are you available for Manuer spreading?

--
I've been over the difference in the guards, already, I don't want to be a broken record about it, so you can go look up the _DAMAGE TEST RESULTS_

As in factual tested.

As in .... not BS.

extract
07-12-04, 05:19
gaurds in general are stupid plain and simple.

the only place there should be gaurds are at the entrances to both cities and inside faction headquarters...

the whole concept of no safe zones was imo to promote more PVP

there are plenty of places where people can tradeskill without the fear of getting killed, IE faction HQs and TH

everywhere else should be easily accessed IMO

let the damn players defend the city, not some paraspamming 120/120 gaurds...

ffs people have to offer money, and shit just to get people to come and PVP...I logged on for my fourth day, and last night was the first time I saw some REAL action....BT raided the juggernaut where we were hunting...

Ive tried to raid NC on my rifle/oblit spy 4 times in the last 4 days, ALL FOUR TIMES UNSUCCESSFUL, and 3 out of 4 times I got killed by stupid copbots and gaurds who somehow managed to see me thru stealth after zoning...and no i dont have neg SL