PDA

View Full Version : server populations?

sultana
05-12-04, 06:08
what is the server population on terra like now a days, like at peak times and low times, a number would be preferable seeing as i can't remember how the %'s work on the server thing. i know its looking bad and everyones quitting but... does it even look like neocron will last much longer with all these people quitting? it seems to me that people are quitting faster than people are joining into the community.

Skuld

Darken
05-12-04, 06:26
100% = 1000ppl
1%= 10 ppl

PSIASSASIN
05-12-04, 06:50
its a shame if u ask me, what could be one of the greatest games of the year, will more than likley never get a shot (at a USA release) or being a popular game
beacuse of a couple key mistakes

1. click 2 pay (the reason i have to wait till monday to play)
-the reason most ppl decide to say "fuck it" after not bein able to play fot the second time.

2. bugs
- i know the kk team works thier asses of to fix the stuff but between a somewhat inadequit (and flawed) netcode granted it does have to acomplish more than your avrage game, and the bugs, and the fatals you can almost set your watch by.....

3. misplaced objectives
- they worry too much about adding new features to the game rather than fixing the stuff already ingame ; example: new spy guns they just added, thats nice but how about fixing my clothing terms, and the places that are closed like regants lecacy and the ncpd station.

4.(i know im gonna get yelled at for this one) pk's... i know the game is based on being at war but when a dude from your own faction ganks you cause he thinks your hair looks funny, thats a bit out of hand.

and those are just a few of the obvious of a long laundry list of problems...

trigger hurt
05-12-04, 07:23
its a shame if u ask me, what could be one of the greatest games of the year, will more than likley never get a shot (at a USA release) or being a popular game
beacuse of a couple key mistakes

1. click 2 pay (the reason i have to wait till monday to play)
-the reason most ppl decide to say "fuck it" after not bein able to play fot the second time.

2. bugs
- i know the kk team works thier asses of to fix the stuff but between a somewhat inadequit (and flawed) netcode granted it does have to acomplish more than your avrage game, and the bugs, and the fatals you can almost set your watch by.....

3. misplaced objectives
- they worry too much about adding new features to the game rather than fixing the stuff already ingame ; example: new spy guns they just added, thats nice but how about fixing my clothing terms, and the places that are closed like regants lecacy and the ncpd station.

4.(i know im gonna get yelled at for this one) pk's... i know the game is based on being at war but when a dude from your own faction ganks you cause he thinks your hair looks funny, thats a bit out of hand.

and those are just a few of the obvious of a long laundry list of problems...
Mostly, I agree. But you have only your clan to blame for someone in your faction, or a neutral faction ganking you. Told you before, your clan attacks just about anyone they please and when they retaliate they're the bad guy for defending themselves.

PSIASSASIN
05-12-04, 07:38
my clan has nothing to do with it, just stand on the light posts oneday onfront of medicare and watch people, it happenns alot

....and as far as who the reservior dogz attack, you will have to take that up with ghozt, i follow orders with no questions asked. most times i dont give a shit who's labled kos or whatever, im usually the one gettin jumped by 2 or 3 other guys that are bent over us hackin rock or some other stupid bs.

sultana
05-12-04, 07:44
my clan has nothing to do with it, just stand on the light posts oneday onfront of medicare and watch people, it happenns alot

....and as far as who the reservior dogz attack, you will have to take that up with ghozt, i follow orders with no questions asked. most times i dont give a shit who's labled kos or whatever, im usually the one gettin jumped by 2 or 3 other guys that are bent over us hackin rock or some other stupid bs.
Considering you only have one enemy as CM, I'd say you have a few clans on KoS, or who at any rate KoS you. I remember NCAT KoSed you in nc1, and when we were AntiCity we still did, I'm fairly sure that still stays the same now that we are procity...
So there's one clan, I'm certain there's more.

Btw,
most times i dont give a shit who's labled kos or whatever, im usually the one gettin jumped by 2 or 3 other guys
You should, otherwise you'll be constantly being jumped, when you join a clan, you accept that their enemies are going to attack you no matter what.

Sultana

edit: I know that bringing a little clan politics into the thread, but I'm just trying to make a point :rolleyes:

Vithar
05-12-04, 07:54
Leave the clan politics out of this, or the thread will be closed.

V

NeoDriver
05-12-04, 10:08
Vithar 4 more post and you post count will be 1,234 :p

Sorry had to say

Dr Strange
05-12-04, 11:20
Leave the clan politics out of this, or the thread will be closed.

V

I won't name names specifically but you as an admin even have to admit: at some point "clan politics" are a large part of what is killing the NC population. I've had friends quit because of people in certain unnamed clans who wish to camp GR's, kill their own faction and allied factions for fun, and grief them beyond belief. While there is a somewhat system aganist this, in the form of soullight and an anti-griefing policy, it does not stop alot of these clans from doing such behavior.

The sooner admins and KK admit this is a problem and do something about it other than simply banning a few people here and there, then you'll have a thread worth discussing.

trigger hurt
05-12-04, 15:02
I won't name names specifically but you as an admin even have to admit: at some point "clan politics" are a large part of what is killing the NC population. I've had friends quit because of people in certain unnamed clans who wish to camp GR's, kill their own faction and allied factions for fun, and grief them beyond belief. While there is a somewhat system aganist this, in the form of soullight and an anti-griefing policy, it does not stop alot of these clans from doing such behavior.

The sooner admins and KK admit this is a problem and do something about it other than simply banning a few people here and there, then you'll have a thread worth discussing.
Fear not oh whiney one, the clan you cry about exists only in name these days.

zii
05-12-04, 17:21
Couldn't agree more about click2play. Not only was the sign-up prcess troublesome, after I had suppossedly payed, they cancelled my account due to an internal problem with their credit card validation process, thus I lost three days gameplay that I had paid for. Not overly impressed by that one. I never had a problem with WorldPlay and I don't wear rose-tinted glasses :P

Dr Strange
05-12-04, 17:25
Fear not oh whiney one, the clan you cry about exists only in name these days.

I don't speak of just one single clan, while one does/did a majority of this, there are several others that do as well.

When mmorpg clans can basically rule the entire game, there's something wrong with it. It's not whining its flat out just wrong, morally. Alot of people agree, some disagree and there's a ton who agree but won't speak up infear of being labeled whiney or carebear just as you have said to me.

It's one thing to honestly pvp. It's another to flat out exploit game mechanics in favor to you in combat (not hacks but how the current soullight system works, how the current gen rep/synaptic system works and how the current punishment for killing the same faction and allied faction(s) works). The GM's either choose to ignore this, can't change it or simply don't have time in favor of game fixes and whatnot which hey, I can understand that. However that doesn't mean such clans as those not named should be allowed to dominate the entire NC globe pro and anti.

When you are just totally PKed in a non pvp combat by more people in your own faction than you are of the enemy factions (pro or anti depending apon whichever) that is just sad. Most of the time its the people in these clans doing this. Soullight system just aint cutting it. 10 minutes of getting a fellow clan buddy to whip you up some tl 100+ res or cst missions fixes that in no time while you just get owned over and over by what in game terms should be fellow runners of the same god damn faction helping or playing with you not aganist you.

If by some reason you can percieve those as "whinning" or complaining, you aren't very open minded. They are logical reasonings to some of these major clans helping to deterorate server populations (c2p issues aside).

The funny part is (and I am going to just enjoy it oh so much), sooner or later KK/10tacle will clue into lower percentages of new players and/or new players that are quitting for such reasons as above (and others). And you'll be faced with two things; either KK trying to rearrange things to balance such things and remove the idiotic system of punishment as of current, or you'll be left with each other. Your large clan of 40 people who love to just zip through each sector mowing down friendly faction and same faction runners with be left with each other. You think servers are empty now, just give it time you'll drive it to the point you'll turn on each other for your sick twisted PKing needs.

Oh one last thing, don't come back at me with "we do it cause we can", that is in no way a valid arguement. If that justifies it all completely, we can make a check list of hacks I can create and legally use "cause I can" and don't try to pawn it off on role playing. It's funny though in that case, cause I turn around and role play a runner calling a GM for griefing and watching a player be punished more so for it (been done before, sweetest thing I've seen in NC2).

Crest
06-12-04, 19:28
I looked a few times over the weekend, Friday, saturday and sunday ... all days were about 250 ave at what I think are peak times

Nikabolokov
06-12-04, 19:52
I Normally see Terra around the 29 - 35 % mark.

Dont complain :)

Pandore is normally around 6%

-FN-
06-12-04, 23:08
I saw Mars at 50% today 8| I guess the German Version is selling well. It hits a low of like 5% tho - seems to have the most extreme high and lows.

LiL T
06-12-04, 23:56
Terra pops look normal 23% too 30% but these are NC1 pops and alot of people have quit or like me sitting it out for a while cos they no longer have fun ingame. IF KK FUKING listen and put shit in like player shops LIKE WAS promised or meant to be part of this expansion. We would see sever pops of around 50 % which = to about 500 peeps but thats with the fact they have not fully addvertised. If KK do it right we should be over 1000 users but there fuking daft AO got well over 1000 users lineage 1 got well over 1000 users EVE got fucking 12k plus.

Now eve is a good game yes its lovely I really enjoy it tbh but its so slow nothing beats NEO nothing neocron is a drug lol but there not getting it out there the way they should but hopefully that should be sorted with atari. But also the missing features need doing and bug fixes Eve-online had a shitty start to there expansion but they where fixed in 2 weeks O_o . That is what people expect because that is what people fucking pay for beleave it or not YEH I bought your fucking game. But I'm still paying per month for it too be maintained and when it don't get done I get pissed

/EDIT It just clicked I read the plan file for NC2 and theres stuff in there that I have payed for that is not in the game :mad: :( see what I mean ??????

Nikabolokov
07-12-04, 03:43
When the US/UK/rest of world except Germany version gets released and the pops are the same, then its time to start whining.

Most of the peeps who have left , would have left anyway, and no doubt most of them will be back :)