PDA

View Full Version : Memory leakage! ( feels the love )

Spermy
04-12-04, 19:56
Well... It isn't. Well, not nearly as much anyway, where before I was getting consistent 26/xxx Now its consistent 72/xxx

and where it used to drop out to 8/xxx at times - It's more or less stable now - Whats more - not a single fatal ^^

Cheers KK

Tratos
04-12-04, 19:59
Well... It isn't. Well, not nearly as much anyway, where before I was getting consistent 26/xxx Now its consistent 72/xxx

and where it used to drop out to 8/xxx at times - It's more or less stable now - Whats more - not a single fatal ^^

Cheers KK For me the game hasnt been sticking as much as it did when turning corners to highly detailed places, also last night on Pandore we had a rather large op fight and there was no lag at all, even zoneing was fast :) so single zone stability seems to have improved, i aint checked my mem totals but the game had been running smoother when its actualy been running :p

ive only had 1 normal fatal since last patch and that was zoneing, this happens very rarely i normaly only get them when i alt tab so total game stability seems to have improved rather alot.

Cheers KK :)

Nikabolokov
04-12-04, 21:13
I had all sorts of problems on 512 Mb of ram, fre's the lot.

Not as many with 1 gig, still fre's and loses mem.

Stuck another 512 in and touch wood, its running perfectly, one fre in 2 days, and mem sits at a constant 1250 - 1300 free. ( this is post patch )

netster
05-12-04, 00:22
aye can confirm ... runs big bone better on 1gb than on 512 ... my notebooks (512megs) fre's/buggs alot more than my main box...

---
from the other side ... why cron runs so evul bad? my mainbox => 3200+ 1meg cache amd64/ati9800pro/ 1gb DDR400 .... and cron runs poorly frames sometimes ;( somethings real cracking up on cron ... running internal seti-prozess? :P

Morganth
05-12-04, 00:24
I lose about 200Mb in about 2 hours of solid play, rather than about 45mins. Seems that the last patch actually helped.

Dr Strange
05-12-04, 02:01
havent FRE'd since the patch and it seems a tad more stable, though with 512 mb ram I should have more than 20-50 megs free than I currently do when playing. Even on a low end system like mine, NC shouldn't hog that much resource(s).

Nikabolokov
05-12-04, 02:06
Just to add, I use the alternate launcher ( the thread is somewhere in Community I believe) which has a memory freeing program built in.

giga191
05-12-04, 02:12
I thought that the last patch made it worse....until i found all the spyware

Yeh ive noticed a big difference too

LiL T
05-12-04, 02:19
Woah they fixing it ?

giga191
05-12-04, 02:51
Woah they fixing it ?
didn't you leave?

jini
05-12-04, 07:29
havent FRE'd since the patch and it seems a tad more stable, though with 512 mb ram I should have more than 20-50 megs free than I currently do when playing. Even on a low end system like mine, NC shouldn't hog that much resource(s). Damn it!
Now that you say it I also haven't FREd as well. I use to FRE while in trading mode. Seems that has gone. 512 ram is low i think. Try raising it a bit, I run on 768 cause i can't go 1 giga cost efficiently, and it runs with some 250 mb free maybe more. That means no more disk caching. Also alt-tabbing is f.a.s.t

Dr Strange
05-12-04, 11:08
See I can alt-tab fairly quickly. Tabbing out is pretty much instant, tabbing in takes maybe 5 seconds. Considering I'm using an old ass Celeron and 512 ram that's decent.

Psyborg
05-12-04, 11:09
[ edited ]

sanityislost
05-12-04, 11:11
[ edited ]

The only stupid fuck i can see right now is some bitch spamming crap as if he is
trying to get banned o_O

SiL ..:..

LiL T
05-12-04, 15:09
didn't you leave?

yeah ....

I don't feel like canceling accounts just yet because click 2 pay is a nightmare :rolleyes: so over christmass I'm gonna keep an eye on the game. I'm playing Eve-online as WoW does not instrest me the slightest

giga191
05-12-04, 15:24
yeah ....

I don't feel like canceling accounts just yet because click 2 pay is a nightmare :rolleyes: so over christmass I'm gonna keep an eye on the game. I'm playing Eve-online as WoW does not instrest me the slightest
you can't escape the neocrack

LiL T
05-12-04, 15:54

You are right it is addictive and I may find my self back after christmass but only if certain things are done and one of them is memory leak.

Player shops

WoC skills full fuctional

Clubs opened as well as NF for DOY ( it matters alot Neofrag )

Hell If they put just player shops in they would see many people returning I'm certain of that

Spermy
05-12-04, 15:59
You are right it is addictive and I may find my self back after christmass but only if certain things are done and one of them is memory leak.

Player shops

Hell If they put just player shops in they would see many people returning I'm certain of that

I wouldn't expect too much over the christmas period.

I'm not sure about player shops. I imagine them being vendors...

with set prices...

and only in TH

whereas a person on faction or trade - you can haggle with and swap, and also they can come meet you.

I prefer the human interaction

Dr Strange
05-12-04, 17:29

Player shops

theres a saying down south, "shit in one hand, wish in the other; see which one gets full first".

im sure they'll tackle some of these, but not soon. over time yea. mem leak needs addressing asap, rest can wait

Spermy
05-12-04, 18:34
theres a saying down south, "shit in one hand, wish in the other; see which one gets full first".

im sure they'll tackle some of these, but not soon. over time yea. mem leak needs addressing asap, rest can wait

Ceck ur client - Memory usage and general runtime is smooth as a babies arse.

SigmaDraconis
05-12-04, 18:51

I can......C2P is in charge of my re-hab program.

Can't wait to experience this alleged lack of FRE's :D

Seven
05-12-04, 22:22
Item tracking above all else.
Sucks, but we really need this first because what's the sense in finally getting something you were looking for at a player shop when it can go "poof" at any given time.

Spermy
06-12-04, 11:35
Indeedy - I wonder how that will work?

If it's a unique serial for each item that's whacked on a DB - I can see that causing hiccups (and I think that was the plan - not positive so don't quote me)

Item tracking gets iffy.

Remember the server per area distribution?

Okay - NC city - crytons, does a lot of business - say 10 or 20 items bought every couple of minutes. Now each item and stack would have to be given it's own serial.

Imagine how many items are spawned into the world every two minutes globally!

Each item has to be numbered so the main Number givery (ooh technical!) thingy has to be queried.

Now, some servers might be slower than others - so an item spawned first may be queried firts but slow on the uptake or vice versa - leading to mistakes etc.

Meaning we would be no better off in some cases.

It is a pretty important factor I definitely agree. Just kind of hard to come up with a concept that isn't

A) Costly
B) Shite
C) A Bandwidth eater
D) Fallible

A bit of a toughie is that.

Shadowbreed
06-12-04, 11:43
Hmm i think every item already has a unique number...
Most databases hand one out anyways, plus more importantly, if every item didn't have a unique number how come you have your own items when you log in?

Spermy
06-12-04, 11:49
Hmm i think every item already has a unique number...
Most databases hand one out anyways, plus more importantly, if every item didn't have a unique number how come you have your own items when you log in?

Stored as a file when you log out/in?

Anna
06-12-04, 12:03
my memory still leaks as much as it used to

however...

i get almost double the fps now

so im not complaining

Shadowbreed
06-12-04, 12:19
Stored as a file when you log out/in?

Would be rather inefficient if you already have a database which puts a number on each entry wouldn't it? :)

Spermy
06-12-04, 12:37
Would be rather inefficient if you already have a database which puts a number on each entry wouldn't it? :)

Hehe - I'm no expert on that - Database systems is my weakest point on my uni course - I wasn't really getting at the numbers - I was more involved with the logistics behind it - anything would have to be queried and thats a lot of queries!

Shadowbreed
06-12-04, 12:47
Hmm well a short answer would be having an items table and a user table and building a joined query on that, would cut down the queries since you're only getting them for one user and... geez it's monday morning, enough workrelated talk :)

Anyways yea get the item tracking running damnit!