PDA

View Full Version : End of a small, short era

Rith
04-12-04, 13:38
Well I've decided to call it a day with Neocron, although in reality the decision was taken when Reakktor screwed up Saturn's database and wiped out a months worth of clan preparations for NC2 - I just didn't realise at the time. So well done KK - you got some more cash out of me, I'd like to think you will use this additional funding in a positive way and perhaps NC2 will reach the potential NC1 showed... but I guess if I believed that I'd be staying.

I think its worth recognising that NC1 was a good game, if not great. You gave us 6 months of fun, 12 months of enjoyment then a decline that doesn't seem to be halting.

There's a whole bunch of bugs, annoyances, irritations that if I had the time or the inclination I'd post here. But I don't so I'll simply sum it all up in this:

Reakktor: you had a vision for a game that would have truly taken the MMORPG market by storm, but you lacked the expertise or the experience to actually make it happen. That in itself is forgivable. What isn't forgivable in any company is the blindness that followed; [ edited ].

There are a whole bunch of people / clans I'd like to acknowledge before I go.

Firstly to my old clan, who we started during NC1 Beta and who were founded on day 1 of NC1's retail - 101st Legion of Darkness. In chronological order (I think), particular acknowledgements for DJSkum Tyrn, Yinsh, Kaishi, Jekar, Beldin, Massa, Kharkisis, Craio, comlink, Mael, toetlicher wolf, Marcus Blade, Monkey Harris, Herbitt, Chojin, Rubutt, Itth, Krpto, Justice, Palmer, Jerry Maguire, Sentinel, Instinct, Xi, FUBAR, Silkk, Spike II, Spike Devlan, FireST@R, Nova[S], Zappanker, Kaori and Kid Kash... there's many others from this clan so if I've missed your name apologies, but I regard you all as fantastic players and great clan members

Secondly to our other clan Phoenix Mercs, formed from the merger of 101st and Freelancers:
Maver!ck, DigestiveBiscuit, Bullet Sponge, Cookiemonster, Hawkeye, Fear of the dark, Samantha, Dalmar, ulx, Massacre, Neb, Phish, Koro, Opar, Omni, Dissenter, Speed 12, Dilly, Winnoc, Jaffo

I’d also like to acknowledge and say thanks to:
Apoc & Phobos & 44th MAC / Protectors – great allies and great enemies alike
Elle & her clan XTC for being great allies
Damaged / oOo & the other CMA clans for sticking with us and helping make the Mercs great on Saturn
Divide, Rizzy and the NAT/New Dawn clans – great enemies
Ezza, Starkes, Jernau, Sgt Striker, Stigmata, Magnazan, Gestra, Devils Grace, ZoneSeek, KimmyG, Castoff, Vila, Fenix, Essence of Evolution, Saiyans, Templars, NCCC, Cartel and probably many others who are worth a mention for being people/clans who helped make NC what it was but I’ve run out of inspiration…

I’ve handed over 101st to Sentinel – the clan has moved to NEXT (thanks KK for fucking up City Mercs) and I hope it goes it on to greater successes.

Oh well that’s enough from me – thanks a lot NC community, maybe I’ll see some of you in WoW.

Rith
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Dr Zhivago
Rithette
Aischa
Samira
Elena

darkservent
04-12-04, 13:42
Sex b4 its closed!!!

Dont Mess
04-12-04, 13:45
man im telling u its not that bad, yes i lost all my shit more, believe me more then u. NC2 was shit but its better now.

u will be back rith i know u will. Good luck with wateva u do and hope 2 see u soon. Oh and u better still come on TS.

Chess -
04-12-04, 13:48
Sex b4 its closed!!!

Sex 2 b4 its closed !!! :p

Bugs Gunny
04-12-04, 13:48
There's always room for u when you come back ;-)

But i understand your decision

Chess -
04-12-04, 13:49
Sex 2 b4 its closed !!!

retr0n
04-12-04, 13:50
Shit, there's lots of leaving threads nowdays... Hasn't been like this for a long time.

Anyway, you dont know me, but i remember you from sat.
GL in whatever you do.

ch0ppy
04-12-04, 13:51
i was wishing that Phoenix would make it to NC2
would have been fun, would have added a little change to things
if they did and were CM still.

Herbitt
04-12-04, 13:52
See you in WoW rith ;)

LOST
04-12-04, 13:54
not closed yet ;)

cya Rith.

Conduit
04-12-04, 13:57
Bye, Rith.
We had some nice fights many moons ago.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Culthero
04-12-04, 14:00
cya mate

Ascension
04-12-04, 14:26
Man WoW is some boring shit.. :o

Same basic concept as Grindage from what ive seen..

c ya Rith..

Nidhogg
04-12-04, 14:35
Leaving thread, closed.

N

/edit - leaving threads do not give you special exemption to flame.