PDA

View Full Version : Toothache

MrChumble
04-12-04, 13:34
I have helluva toothache, feels like someone is driving a nail through my jaw and into my brain :(

Anyone know any ways to dull the pain? My dental insurance doesn't kick in til January, so I can't afford to go to the dentist til then. I've tried salt in warm water, and that does help, but I'm gonna run out of salt at this rate :lol:

sanityislost
04-12-04, 13:50
Try Clove oil, my bro had a really bad toothache and it worked

SiL ..:..

Ascension
04-12-04, 14:21
SiL where is the sexy women on ya sig gone..

@ chumble get some TCP and keep ya salt wash up.. then should feel much better..

sanityislost
04-12-04, 16:15
Kinda felt like a change so i made this sig lol

SiL ..:..

Jesterthegreat
04-12-04, 16:19
SiL where is the sexy women on ya sig gone..

@ chumble get some TCP and keep ya salt wash up.. then should feel much better..

tcp in the mouth?

just the smell of that stuff is filth... i would have to be in serious pain to put it in my mouth :D

as for toothaches... alot of vodka does the trick.

-Demon-
04-12-04, 16:30
Bonjella (sp)?

Maybe just a painkiller will work? or maybe gargle some asprin that might help.

berty
04-12-04, 23:47
Sea salt
or Oil of Cloves

MrChumble
05-12-04, 02:15
Funniest thing happened. I was lying in bed writhing in pain, having established that no dentist within 100 miles does emergency treatment on a saturday and that the local dental teaching hospital is closed at the weekend, when my teeth made a noise that reminded me of Titantic scrapping across an iceberg. It still hurt like hell but felt a whole lot better...I guess I fell asleep cos suddenly it was mid afternoon and my teeth felt fine, not so much as a little twinge.

So crisis over for now :D

Thanks for all the ideas, they helped. I hadn't realised toothache could hurt so much. I've been kebabed on a fence post and had my appendix explode, but they were nothing to a couple of teeth trying to be in the same place at the same time 8|

Ascension
05-12-04, 02:40
I've been kebabed on a fence post

Ahh I wanna hear that story :(

notneo
05-12-04, 13:18
can only say i feel for you here

last year i had to have 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed under full Anaesthetic, as they were basically growing horizontally into the rest of my teeth.

i lived on pain killers for 2 months and in the end went private as the hospital had a 9 month waiting list,so i say get it sorted and dont worry about the cash,health is more important than a few more beers every week

MrChumble
05-12-04, 13:32
Ahh I wanna hear that story :(
There's not much to tell. I grew up in a smallish town, with a wood nearby. In the wood there was a huge rope swing over a gully that the Big Kids had made. It was about 30 feet high at the appex, pretty exciting for a seven year old :D

Anyways I just got unlucky and happened to be on the thing when the rope snapped. I landed on a rusty fence post and turned myself into a human kebab. I was one lucky little kid to be honest, it missed every major organ, doctor said one inch in any other direction and I'd probably have died :eek:

'Course, being a kid, I was more bothered about ruining my favourite tracksuit :D

@notneo - I need to have money for that. Gotta wait til my dental insurance kicks in before I get the work done. Teeth vs neocron accounts...no brainer really. Pass me another warbot sergeant, this one's done.

AlphaGremlin
05-12-04, 14:20
Funniest thing happened. I was lying in bed writhing in pain, having established that no dentist within 100 miles does emergency treatment on a saturday and that the local dental teaching hospital is closed at the weekend, when my teeth made a noise that reminded me of Titantic scrapping across an iceberg. It still hurt like hell but felt a whole lot better...I guess I fell asleep cos suddenly it was mid afternoon and my teeth felt fine, not so much as a little twinge.
You know, right about here, I think there were a few dentists spinning in their graves! Glad to hear it all sorted itself out, even if you did probably pass out in the process :p
AlphaGremlin

Mr Kot
05-12-04, 20:07
Glad to hear you're better for now. Still better to get it checked out tho, as the problem may not just go away. If u have problems getting to an NHS dentist at the weekends, im sure that your work commitments shouldn't prevent you from getting help during the week. If you are in pain, you are entitled to medical help, even if you have to leave work.

As for the cost, there is a useful site here. (http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/innerpage.asp?Area=68&Topic=428&Title=Which%20dental%20treatments%20are%20available%20through%20the%20NHS?)
It has the phone number of NHS Direct who can point u in the right direction, including help for ppl without insurance and short on cash.

I saw a link somewhere that said a basic NHS examination cost £5.64. A small filling started at £9.88

There's nothing worse than having toothache over xmas either (i should know :( ) It's even harder to get dental treatment then. Best get yerself sorted well before then ;)

Danae
05-12-04, 20:29
I have helluva toothache, feels like someone is driving a nail through my jaw and into my brain :(

Anyone know any ways to dull the pain? My dental insurance doesn't kick in til January, so I can't afford to go to the dentist til then. I've tried salt in warm water, and that does help, but I'm gonna run out of salt at this rate :lol:

Ibuprophen if you're allowed to have it (obviously ask a GP first :p) Oath had a terrible toothache in his one wisdom tooth a while ago, Ibuprophen dulled the pain and took away the inflamation, also you may be able to get to a GP to see if there is infection, and they could prescribe you some antibiotics until you can get to a dentist.