PDA

View Full Version : Closed Areas: Regents Legacy etc

Obsidian X
04-12-04, 02:57
I was playing my LE monk tonight, and for one reason and another, ended up getting Red Soullight. Fair enough, for the time being, Neocron was off limits. As an criminal, I'm not free to walk round Neocron. As an LE'd citizen however, I have a lot of freedom to explore. I decided to go to the places I've always been too busy to visit.

Had some fun hanging round the outzone jail with meh criminal buddies, went for a roam round the wastes and ended up at Regents Legacy. Which brings me to the point of this thread - why is this glorious place closed??? I write this at the entrance, looking enviously through the impenetrable mesh fence blocking the doorway...

KK why is this place closed, along with some of the elusive other spots in game (Neocron Zoo, PP clubs etc), I really wanna go and fight hi-tech muties !! :(

Has anyone ever been in Regants Legacy? If so what was it like/what mobs/loot were there??

Oh, and can a GM warp me through this fence? :D :D

sanityislost
04-12-04, 03:05
Thats one place ive always wanted to get into, all the way thru nc1 i would pop
out there to see if it had opened lol was one of the first things i did in nc2 beta.
Really wish something would happen with it, kinda thought it may of been a
weird mutant city from the info given awhile back but no word for certain as of yet.

SiL ..:..

naimex
04-12-04, 03:06
lots of places are still closed off..

no one knows why..

none of the gms i´ve asked either.

guess, there´s no reason they´re closed.. just a communications error somewhere I guess..

MkVenner
04-12-04, 03:10
i made a thread about it a few weeks ago

oz 7

the tunnel next to the church in Oz5

Dark Metal

Zoo/Bank

The top of the stairs at the very end of the DoY Storage

few other places

and just what are they REdoing to the concenter, and what are they gunn do to NCPD and anti city faction HQs in PP?

Obsidian X
04-12-04, 03:12
Maybe it only opens if you're a mutant....
What really got me excited about Regents is the fact that they've been sending their scouts up to the J-01 bunker, and I thought maybe they were planning a war with NC/DoY...?

Or maybe they are, and are just doing it behind a fence, either way Regents is closed :( :(

and just what are they REdoing to the concenter, and what are they gunn do to NCPD and anti city faction HQs in PP?

IIRC they closed NCPD a good while ago cos of exploits in there. Simple answer would be to make it a safezone (no weaps). Theres also several areas in Pepper Park and TG canyon that have just had boxes/wood/invisible walls thrown in front of them.

Obsidian X
04-12-04, 03:14
Whoops, double post :rolleyes:

MkVenner
04-12-04, 03:25
yeah but NCPD has been closed since before i joined, and that was quite a whiile ago...OZ7 was closed of bugs iirc, and i dont think dark metal has EVER been open...

EDIT: There's tons of places i wanna know the story/idea behind, like Gaia mines, all the seperate villages out in the wastes etc...

Omnituens
04-12-04, 03:32
oz 7
Clipping Errors, and they hide Lord Lucan there, along with Big Foot and the Tokyo II Dev team.

the tunnel next to the church in Oz5
I think this leads to OZ7, hence why its blocked

Dark Metal
Hmm, I'm not to sure why this one is closed. Maybe mapping errors.

i think its just used as a place for naughty people now.

Zoo/Bank
Will probably be closed until "Map finishing week"

The top of the stairs at the very end of the DoY Storage
My theory on this one is it's like the Aggie Sewers; a recycled map with the end cut of.

MkVenner
04-12-04, 03:37
Clipping errors, and they hide Lord Lucan there, along with Big Foot and the Tokyo II Dev team.
rofl

also on my travels i noticed there's aload of door in Ind Sec that dont open any more, yet other doors that lead to the same place still working

oh and the secret tunnel out of the oz9 cathedral leads to a portal 150 feet in the air in the center or simmons, so dont go there unless you got a deathwish

Xeno LARD
04-12-04, 05:04
rofl

also on my travels i noticed there's aload of door in Ind Sec that dont open any more, yet other doors that lead to the same place still working

oh and the secret tunnel out of the oz9 cathedral leads to a portal 150 feet in the air in the center or simmons, so dont go there unless you got a deathwish

Fuck you, Now I want to do that :(.

Omnituens
04-12-04, 06:33
oh and the secret tunnel out of the oz9 cathedral leads to a portal 150 feet in the air in the centre or simmons, so dont go there unless you got a deathwish
crouch on exiting the tunnel; it wont teleport you.

this is a similar bug to the old Escodor Oasis bug.

i would avoid doing /reset_position 1 in Simmons zone, chances are it'll put you in the air too.

might make a noob and try it.

Seven
04-12-04, 06:40
lots of places are still closed off..

no one knows why..

none of the gms i´ve asked either.

guess, there´s no reason they´re closed.. just a communications error somewhere I guess..

There's probably nothing there to see.
I.E. Nothing coded yet or not complete.

jernau
04-12-04, 07:12
oz 7 - as Omni says mapping errors make it a liability

the tunnel next to the church in Oz5 - same as above - for a while in NC beta you could get through it by hopping and crouching if you were lucky but the end went nowhere IIRC.

Dark Metal - more mapping problems. This always seemed unloved to me - when it had mobs in it they were pretty nonsensical. IMO this should have been made a gateway to new wasteland set of sectors and the DoY but KK don't read their own game's history so they put the "dome" North of NC.

Zoo/Bank - Just got forgotten I reckon.

If any of these ever get fixed maybe they could also fix the third TH exit (now elegantly piled with boxes) and put some mobs into Gaia Mine 3. Doing something with the deserted OZ sector on the subway might be nice too.

The OZ9 tunnel works for me btw - apart from it's slight vertical placement issues of course. Talking of the Simmons sector - I notice Einstein has been removed so I guess that means his quest will never be fixed.

Tratos
04-12-04, 13:12
If any of these ever get fixed maybe they could also fix the third TH exit (now elegantly piled with boxes) and put some mobs into Gaia Mine 3. Doing something with the deserted OZ sector on the subway might be nice too.
This is one they have fixed ;) the 3rd TH exit that is, go to that pile of boxes, go behind it....and look at the boxes very carefully :) then you'll find that, the 3rd TH exit does infact work, as a one way escape back door ;)

--------------------
But yes, ive made a fair few threads about this, asked SnowCrash and other KK/GMs directly with no response i just wish these areas were open, theres a hella lot of areas limiting this game world from what it could be, and if you take all the closed areas and add em together its a reasonably sized portion of the world of Neocron. :(

Nidhogg
04-12-04, 14:32
and if you take all the closed areas and add em together its a reasonably sized portion of the world of Neocron. :(
Nah, it's not. I've been in all of those areas and speaking from an informed P.O.V I suggest that you shouldn't really get so uptight about it. The one place I really would like to see opened is the zoo (largely because I wrote all the exhibit descriptions ;) ).

N

Jesterthegreat
04-12-04, 16:24
Nah, it's not. I've been in all of those areas and speaking from an informed P.O.V I suggest that you shouldn't really get so uptight about it. The one place I really would like to see opened is the zoo (largely because I wrote all the exhibit descriptions ;) ).

N

kk still remaining aq little carebear: HQ's, TH and bars are safezones...

wheres the bars (pussy club etc)?

i loved haning out in the pussy club in nc1...

was a great place to RP too (and still would be... sfaezone, atmosphere, music).

i am not a cearebear or an RPer... just pointing out that 2 groups of the community (RP / Carebear) get a nice advantage from them, whether they are "big" or not

Tratos
04-12-04, 16:28

N
Its that i really want to go to these places i mean i would as i like to RP a bit and the places that are missing are really roleplay orientated, its just the fact KK still hasnt fixed these areas and its pretty shit if a newbie comes up to you asking, "oh why is such and such closed?" and you just have to say "cos its broken" normaly the reply is somthing like "so whens it going to be fixed" normaly i cant reply as, no one knows.

the broken/closed ones need to be fixed and opened as it just makes the game look so incomplete.

MkVenner
04-12-04, 16:47
I remember when i first found that tunnel in Oz5, i was like "omg this looks so sweet" i thought it was gunna come up in some mad scientist's lair with cool monsters to fight n shit, but no, bang, straight into a chainlink fence.

And a group of us back when Imposing Order were still around, and when the mutants still spawned at Regants, we fought our way through them all, got the the end expecting there to be summink sweet as there was fuck all. It's a real shame. Seems as of late the area's that have been added are just recycles of others, the Ceres labs are just OP UGs, and the Juggernaughts are just a modification of the Oz Storage. BTW does ANY one know the story behind the gaia mines? why they're deserted and full of copbots? or the story behind the Juggernaught complex? or why in gods name there is a "trunk" in Ind Sec 1. I swear, a tree trunk thats hightlighted a Trunk, wasnt it summink to do with mining?

Tratos
04-12-04, 17:24
I remember when i first found that tunnel in Oz5, i was like "omg this looks so sweet" i thought it was gunna come up in some mad scientist's lair with cool monsters to fight n shit, but no, bang, straight into a chainlink fence.

And a group of us back when Imposing Order were still around, and when the mutants still spawned at Regants, we fought our way through them all, got the the end expecting there to be summink sweet as there was fuck all. It's a real shame. Seems as of late the area's that have been added are just recycles of others, the Ceres labs are just OP UGs, and the Juggernaughts are just a modification of the Oz Storage. BTW does ANY one know the story behind the gaia mines? why they're deserted and full of copbots? or the story behind the Juggernaught complex? or why in gods name there is a "trunk" in Ind Sec 1. I swear, a tree trunk thats hightlighted a Trunk, wasnt it summink to do with mining?
There is infact a detailed history to Gaia, well there is one at least, i believe it was runner made but i cant remeber, it was posted in the old RP forum some time ago and i dont think it was trasnfered.

all i can remeber is that Gaia is somthing to do with Crahn a company formed to mine the tech metal found there then some shit happened and CA sent loads of copbots lead by some STORMs, when coming into contact with the metal the ethic chips inside the CA units became fucked causing the bots to go ape shit, somthign like that anyway.

Spoon
04-12-04, 17:57
opps....

I hate it when that happens......

Damn sync's....

borl
04-12-04, 18:23
This is one they have fixed ;) the 3rd TH exit that is, go to that pile of boxes, go behind it....and look at the boxes very carefully :) then you'll find that, the 3rd TH exit does infact work, as a one way escape back door ;)
One way? Look even more carefully :p

MkVenner
04-12-04, 18:25
opps....

Damn sync's....

naughty naughty, have we been poking around where we shouldn't :p

Tratos
04-12-04, 19:04
One way? Look even more carefully :p
oohhhh i may have to investigate further then :p

Heavyporker
04-12-04, 22:09
Hey.... those OZ 7 screenshots remind me of the DoY preview screenies...

Where's that place with the REAL sexy dungeon where you had this huge space with bridges over a huge pool of water?

paolo escobar
05-12-04, 05:12
opps....

Damn sync's....

Err and that isnt a breach of the TOC and rules of conduct???? posting screens of closed areas!!

Spoon
05-12-04, 05:36
Err and that isnt a breach of the TOC and rules of conduct???? posting screens of closed areas!!

Maybe, only if I did it on purpose(intentionally).....

btw, it happened back in NC2 beta......
At a time when the servers were having problems.....

As for posting the screenies, pics of OZ7 have been posted before...

It's not like I spoiled a new surprise(new content)....

It's old news....

MkVenner
05-12-04, 11:56
VERY old news

jernau
05-12-04, 13:10
Also, they weren't always closed.