PDA

View Full Version : First post since return

YoDa-UK
03-12-04, 15:17
Wow i can post at last, god knows i didn't do anything to make it happen, guess C2P sent in the payment to KK, christ wonders never cease.

Anyway hi to all who know me and that i have'nt seen ingame yet, i came back about a week ago and joined FF coz i know so many people there from both pluto and saturn, so thats a good thing.

I must admit i was slightly shocked to see how many times i crashed, I was under the impression that NC2 was meant to be somewhat FRE free, and certainly loading into a new zone would not sync you out, it's wierd in that it feels like NC1 again yet its not, hard to explain tbh, but the bugs are all there.

I really don't want to using my first post as a negative about the game, so i won't, I'll hold off on that ;)

What i will say is that its great to be back into a game where PvP is free, no restrictions, trust me there is NO OTHER GAME out there which allows this, I've played to many other games to learn the hard way about PvP, and its why I came back, and im sure why many others have left and come back and why many still hold on to this game.

Other games are point+click affair, which is amazingly dull beyond belief, so trust me the grass is not always greener, those of you going to WoW i wish you luck, but i know for a fact many will return, and you know it too, there is no other MMO like Neocron.

Now positive things i like so far, love the flying vhc's, not used one yet but have seen a few, can't wait to get my spy high enough lvl to use one, even if its just to fly about and have fun "yeah i know about he bugs :D ", also like DoY city, and thank god for Navray over there, without it that would be a nightmare to get about when you don't know the place, maybe some more signs towards vendors or lvling spots in the city would be nice.

Hacknet, only seen my son go into hacknet so can't comment tbh, but it looks ok.

It's always nice to see new things in the game, i love the guns on the back touch, thats a winner in my eyes, i know its only for show, but it looks damn cool.

I know there are a shit load of bugs in the game, new ones and old, and at times you would think what was the Dev's doing while making NC2 all the time we played NC1, maybe they should be more open to the community, would it help stop people leaving, no, it would give us some idea on where they are at right now and maybe keep people more motivated to playing.

But in no game has ever a Dev team been free with their info on what they are doing or how far they are into bug fixes and patch dates, so i've learnt not to expect it.

Anyway i do look forward to playing right now, have had some great fights, nice to see my tank isn't useless still :lol: and i hope to have many more eachday.

I think with the news that Atari are going to be pushing NC2 into the shops in 2005 and a Asia market opening up we should see a massive influx of players, so maybe now's the time to stop bashing a little and start thinking more positive about the game, yes even if you have been here for more than 2 years.

They are working on the game, patch yesterday with fixes, content one next week, im sure they are going as best they can, they are only human after all 8|

See ya ingame

Anima

BlackDove
03-12-04, 16:08
That was too long to read.

Welcome back.

Darth Slayer
03-12-04, 16:34
Hello and welcome to the C2P hell.

Scorpius.

Carinth
03-12-04, 17:42
Yes, that was the reaction I had on the first day.. it lasted maybe a week. After about a month or two, I felt like I was back in nc1. Not enjoying the game at all, populations dropping, holding out hope kk will fix it. I stopped playing again, took off a week and had no desire to ever log back in.

Now maybe if KK pulls off a miracle and does fix up some crucial issues with the game, maybe in a few months I'll come back. But right now WoW is like a breath of fresh air. Everytime I think of something that could possibly be wrong or be boring, Blizzard has come up with a way to keep it fun. PvP is the only thing lacking, but even that they're working on. I can forgive them because THE REST OF THE GAME IS EXCELLENT. In early NC we had the pvp that made the game excellent, but the rest of the game was full of problems. Since we played mostly for the pvp, we could wait for KK to fix it. But they didn't, and they actualy made pvp worse off. With WoW, pve is excellent and quite fun, they've got most everything working. Even pvp is fun, though it does need work. And that's what they're workin on!

Hell, I read one of the most ingenious quotes from a Blizzard dev about pvp in the forum. It was in reference to putting in an honor system to restrict lower level ganking. The quote was something like "Penalties like the honor system lead to just as much griefing and abuse as not having penalties. Rather then punish people for pvp, we want to reward them for good pvp."

They've even got the healer class done exactly how I've suggested PPU's should be. Priests in WoW are weak defensively and die quite often. Not only that, but their healing/shields will turn aggro to them. If you heal a warrior, the mob he's fighting is likely to switch targets to you! Which means it's the team's responsibility to pull aggro back away from you. If a team neglects their priest or the priest goes rambo on his own, the priest dies. That's not to say a priest can't go solo, he just can't support others aswell and needs to play very very carefuly.

I really don't mean to brag so much about WoW, but its such a huge change from playing nc. I'm actualy havin fun again!

QuantumDelta
03-12-04, 17:55
welcome back ya git, and happy birthday ;)

Come sort the crap on terra out :p

Heavyporker
03-12-04, 17:59
Um.

Welcome back.

Cliffraiser
03-12-04, 19:00
<3 anima welcome back with me ;p

MkVenner
03-12-04, 19:07
shweet, its cool to see people coming back, we need it lol.

welcome back :p

pharabus
03-12-04, 19:13
welcome back

dark_reaper
03-12-04, 19:23
ya, nice to see you again.

Welcome Back!

Ascension
03-12-04, 19:43
yeah weapobs on my back rock eh Anima? :p

@ Carinth.. I felt the same till I got some pvp action again :)

YoDa-UK
03-12-04, 19:47
Yes, that was the reaction I had on the first day.. it lasted maybe a week. After about a month or two, I felt like I was back in nc1. Not enjoying the game at all, populations dropping, holding out hope kk will fix it. I stopped playing again, took off a week and had no desire to ever log back in.

Now maybe if KK pulls off a miracle and does fix up some crucial issues with the game, maybe in a few months I'll come back. But right now WoW is like a breath of fresh air. Everytime I think of something that could possibly be wrong or be boring, Blizzard has come up with a way to keep it fun. PvP is the only thing lacking, but even that they're working on. I can forgive them because THE REST OF THE GAME IS EXCELLENT. In early NC we had the pvp that made the game excellent, but the rest of the game was full of problems. Since we played mostly for the pvp, we could wait for KK to fix it. But they didn't, and they actualy made pvp worse off. With WoW, pve is excellent and quite fun, they've got most everything working. Even pvp is fun, though it does need work. And that's what they're workin on!

Hell, I read one of the most ingenious quotes from a Blizzard dev about pvp in the forum. It was in reference to putting in an honor system to restrict lower level ganking. The quote was something like "Penalties like the honor system lead to just as much griefing and abuse as not having penalties. Rather then punish people for pvp, we want to reward them for good pvp."

They've even got the healer class done exactly how I've suggested PPU's should be. Priests in WoW are weak defensively and die quite often. Not only that, but their healing/shields will turn aggro to them. If you heal a warrior, the mob he's fighting is likely to switch targets to you! Which means it's the team's responsibility to pull aggro back away from you. If a team neglects their priest or the priest goes rambo on his own, the priest dies. That's not to say a priest can't go solo, he just can't support others aswell and needs to play very very carefuly.

I really don't mean to brag so much about WoW, but its such a huge change from playing nc. I'm actualy havin fun again!

Its wierd Carinth, but you know i was talking to my other half today about how a Healer type class is played in Neocron compared to other games, your example is exactly how all other games have them, EQ2 for example has the exact same thing, healer is weak in defense other than the healing ability, if they get agro they most likely will die, also healing a team member who is attacking a group of mobs, the ones he/she is not hitting agro on the healer.

In Neocron the healer char "ppu" is most certainly a god, mainly due to the fact their mana "psi power" never goes away, yet in all other games mana doesn't last forever, there are no drugs/boosters to take to regen it faster, and thats what makes a PPU so powerful, their perma mana pool, without boosters they would stil be very much important, but wouldn't last as long thats for sure.

I played a healer in EQ2 a few weeks back, and trust me it was a lot harder keeping a team alive fighting mobs than a PPU in the chaos caves is :lol:

Anyway thx for the welcome guys, im having fun for now, but not using all my play time on NC, so maybe this time around i would give it more of a shot and play longer.

Also i've noticed how negative forums are in general, so I won't be on here to much i think, oh and yer its my birthday, 29 today and my wife has gone into hospital to have our little girl, wierd shit eh? ;)

Oh @ QD, I'm already on Terra, i'm in FF and loving it, lots of old m8's from Pluto and Saturn in there so i'm happy, and i think we kinda doing well atm, time for a drink me thinks *cracks open a can*

naimex
03-12-04, 19:52
Welcome back Yoda, even though I have to admit that I didnīt see you leave...

LTA
03-12-04, 20:05
In Neocron the healer char "ppu" is most certainly a god, mainly due to the fact their mana "psi power" never goes away, yet in all other games mana doesn't last forever, there are no drugs/boosters to take to regen it faster, and thats what makes a PPU so powerful, their perma mana pool, without boosters they would stil be very much important, but wouldn't last as long thats for sure.

I played a healer in EQ2 a few weeks back, and trust me it was a lot harder keeping a team alive fighting mobs than a PPU in the chaos caves is :lol:

I cant say much for other mmorpgs but the white mage in ffxi was like this but one thing i did think was that players will always be well more intellegent than mobs so if there was a weedy white m on the scene hes gonna get slammed hard.
Players can't draw agro and hate like the others cuz the player will focus on droppin the monk and prolly do it quick enough with buffs so the ppu is gonna last literally 10 seconds a fight as much as i dont agree with healers being high def they need some degree of it in this kinda pvp imo enough to survive 2 players i'd say but not armies.

LiL T
03-12-04, 23:00
Aye you are dead right I played DAoC for 1 hour its gone lol never to try that game again pile of shite. I heard WoW is simlar to DAoC in pvp and lvling but its much much better :rolleyes: wonders how long it will last can't wait till the old people come back so I may take the piss out of them.

welcome back don't know you but this is good :)

-Demon-
04-12-04, 01:28
Welcome back anima...I'm still here but only just...

maybe i'll see maybe i won't.

YoDa-UK
04-12-04, 01:56
Aye you are dead right I played DAoC for 1 hour its gone lol never to try that game again pile of shite. I heard WoW is simlar to DAoC in pvp and lvling but its much much better :rolleyes: wonders how long it will last can't wait till the old people come back so I may take the piss out of them.

Lil T, as in Little Terror right? as in Saturn clan in TG called FR "final Resistance" ? don't you remember C]-[aos the PPU ? That was me on saturn for a long time ;)

Also hiya Demon, stick it out m8, i see good things for NC in the coming months, seriously.

To many people leaving, i don't think they truely see what is coming for this game, the calm before the storm.

BeaNo
04-12-04, 02:01
[ edited ]

Xeno LARD
04-12-04, 02:25
That was too long to read.

Welcome back.

What he said.

40$Poser
04-12-04, 02:43

good things about wow

hardly any bugs yet
no fatal runtime errors
tons of servers that are populated beyond belief
gameplay, tons of content
great support staff
more character options that nc
15 dollars (us) per month
can be bought in a store

now it's not a neocron, nothing most likely will be a neocron, except maybe neocron 3 if there ever comes a day.

LiL T
04-12-04, 03:17
Lil T, as in Little Terror right? as in Saturn clan in TG called FR "final Resistance" ? don't you remember C]-[aos the PPU ? That was me on saturn for a long time ;)

Also hiya Demon, stick it out m8, i see good things for NC in the coming months, seriously.

To many people leaving, i don't think they truely see what is coming for this game, the calm before the storm.

Me remembers you :\ you kept me alive upon returning to TG then me and your wife I beleave ? Thewoman WTFpwned an entire clan and there alts just becuase I was KoS to them. I thank you for that :)

Vid Gamer
04-12-04, 03:31

yo what up anima. :)

but uh... stop kidding urself.. :p

im moving to WoW and MxO soon but still check around NC2 just in case ur right. :D

YoDa-UK
04-12-04, 13:39
Me remembers you :\ you kept me alive upon returning to TG then me and your wife I beleave ? Thewoman WTFpwned an entire clan and there alts just becuase I was KoS to them. I thank you for that :)

In a strange way, good times eh :)

@ Vid Gamer. Who is kidding here, seriously, remember way back when you first played, remember the server populations? pluto on 500, saturn on 600 and such, remember how much fun it was back then, we still had FRE's and sync problems, yet we forgot about those coa of the sheer fun we had over massive battles, the pk runs knowing there was people about to kill, its no fun atm running 6 zones in search of someone out hunting to try and kill them.

Trust me once this gets into Atari's hands and hits the shelves next year, we will see a bigger player base, which means more money to KK, which means possibly more hired staff to fix bugs, which means a more stable game, which means for those sticking it out, more fun.

Nothing beats this game when i played it years ago, and nothing will for a long time yet, so I'm game, KK are not SoE "thank god" and don't have the massive man power todo everything at once, but as far as i can see, for a small company to push into the Asian market and partner up with Atari, its going places thats for sure.

-Demon-
04-12-04, 15:48
In a strange way, good times eh :)

@ Vid Gamer. Who is kidding here, seriously, remember way back when you first played, remember the server populations? pluto on 500, saturn on 600 and such, remember how much fun it was back then, we still had FRE's and sync problems, yet we forgot about those coa of the sheer fun we had over massive battles, the pk runs knowing there was people about to kill, its no fun atm running 6 zones in search of someone out hunting to try and kill them.

Trust me once this gets into Atari's hands and hits the shelves next year, we will see a bigger player base, which means more money to KK, which means possibly more hired staff to fix bugs, which means a more stable game, which means for those sticking it out, more fun.

Nothing beats this game when i played it years ago, and nothing will for a long time yet, so I'm game, KK are not SoE "thank god" and don't have the massive man power todo everything at once, but as far as i can see, for a small company to push into the Asian market and partner up with Atari, its going places thats for sure.

Funny thing is Anima..it's not the bugs...not too much on the content that should of been here come release..like item tracking spiel off long list of missing so called NC2 features. MJS who cannot decide if it's an expansion or a new game(personally picking either when it suits the problem or wipe they are doing at the time).

The main problem is the people...you can't avoid the leaving threads. I stuck around a long time after you left and then came back and left again :P Got into a few clans and the people I stuck with made the game...most if not all have left now.

Yes the battles where fun and I can never forget all the good times we had and the times with NDA/NCF/AYB/FaNG.

In AYB we had fun it was almost the golden age just a couple of months before the end of NC1...but the guys all move to NC2 faction moves are screwed and other reasons we never got going as a fighting unit...my spy is on the shelf again pretty much and I'm going to be selling up my monks/tanks imps more than likely.

I will always have the memories though...maybe I will return as my spy at least but I need a clan and a reason to log...at the moment there is nothing to make me do so.

Anyway...back to me doing the wooden flooring for the babys room...ah Anima you probably don't know but I'm gonna be a Dad hehe :) W00t for me!!

YoDa-UK
04-12-04, 18:13
Funny thing is Anima..it's not the bugs...not too much on the content that should of been here come release..like item tracking spiel off long list of missing so called NC2 features. MJS who cannot decide if it's an expansion or a new game(personally picking either when it suits the problem or wipe they are doing at the time).

The main problem is the people...you can't avoid the leaving threads. I stuck around a long time after you left and then came back and left again :P Got into a few clans and the people I stuck with made the game...most if not all have left now.

Yes the battles where fun and I can never forget all the good times we had and the times with NDA/NCF/AYB/FaNG.

In AYB we had fun it was almost the golden age just a couple of months before the end of NC1...but the guys all move to NC2 faction moves are screwed and other reasons we never got going as a fighting unit...my spy is on the shelf again pretty much and I'm going to be selling up my monks/tanks imps more than likely.

I will always have the memories though...maybe I will return as my spy at least but I need a clan and a reason to log...at the moment there is nothing to make me do so.

Anyway...back to me doing the wooden flooring for the babys room...ah Anima you probably don't know but I'm gonna be a Dad hehe :) W00t for me!!

Ah sweet m8, Congrats to you, little secret, i was a dad for the 2nd time last night, little Katie was born at 9:52pm and is doing very well :D both mum and baby will be home tomorrow morning and i've spent best part of today cleaning the house, gonna have a takeaway and some beers tonight and play a little NC with any luck, won't get much time tomorrow ;)

But back on your point about the game, yes i hear what your saying, it IS about the people, which is why im enjoying it a lot, i got old friends in FF who i played with on pluto and old saturn guild m8's too in there, so its a win win situation for me, i get on great with the guys and we have had some great fights thus far, can't ask for more than that, I didn't expect it to be all roses with the game, i keep tabs on it from my friends on msn who was playing it, so i know i would crash, fatal, sync out and such, tbh that never really bothered me, only time i noticed it more was when playing other games which didn't crash "swg and so on" :D

I would love to believe this game will be all it can be, but i'm also not stupid enough to be so blind to the way KK handle the game, but I'm going to stay with it, i pray to god that people stop leaving, sure go play WoW for a while and find out like i did that the grass is NOT greener in another game, the people here and the PvP freedom is what makes Neocron such a unique game, no other mmo is like it, no other FPS is like it.

If after the Asian push and Atari thing it doesn't take off, im not sure it would matter if people left as i think KK would have to shut the servers down by then, but im hoping that don't happen and we see plenty of newbs and oldies all mixed in together.

Carinth
04-12-04, 20:01
What freedom are you talking about? This is how pvp works in both games:

Neocron:
- a few restricted zones with no pvp for low level hunting
- a red vs blue system but you're free to kill allies aswell
- punishment for not following red vs blue is a broken sl/sympathy system which punishes for defending yourself
- consentual pvp in that you hafta take LE out to participate in pvp
- neofrag available for duels/friendly pvp
- reward for killing someone is an item in a belt to be hacked

WoW:
- most low level zones are non pvp, but the rest are open
- a red vs blue system, only allowed to kill hostiles
- no punishment for killing any hostiles, cant kill allies
- consentual pvp, you have to enable pvp in order to participate
- duel system available to fight friendlies
- as far as I know there's no reward for killing someone

Sounds pretty suprising doesn't it? The *only* part that NC has an advantage in is that you get loot as your reward for killing people. Otherwise it just comes down to fps vs turn based combat. Even there, the lines are blured.

Anima, we tried this before and it won't work. Nomatter how much work the community puts into the game, it won't mean anything if KK doesn't do their job. You came back once before, along with other old NDA, and announced something similar that you wanted to revive the game by bringing people back. Coincidientaly KK released the Doy Tunnels around the same time. New content and new player interest did indeed bring many back. I know Pimp had a good showing and we were ready to start taking ops again... Except it all faded again. After two weeks we realized nothing had changed and that all the reasons that made us quit before were still here. Once again the snowball effect kicked in with people leaving. While you were away NC2 hit and we had the same exact thing happen, though it took a month or two instead of a week or two. Renewed interest with new content and players returning, only to have them leave again.

MkVenner
04-12-04, 20:06
little secret, i was a dad for the 2nd time last night, little Katie was born at 9:52pm and is doing very well :D both mum and baby will be home tomorrow morning and i've spent best part of today cleaning the house, gonna have a takeaway and some beers tonight and play a little NC with any luck, won't get much time tomorrow ;)
congrats man :p

-Demon-
04-12-04, 21:06
Ah sweet m8, Congrats to you, little secret, i was a dad for the 2nd time last night, little Katie was born at 9:52pm and is doing very well :D both mum and baby will be home tomorrow morning and i've spent best part of today cleaning the house, gonna have a takeaway and some beers tonight and play a little NC with any luck, won't get much time tomorrow ;)

Aww thats quality mate and conrats to you buddy...I might pop on tonight and DM you if you around.

Nidhogg
04-12-04, 21:08
Congratulations. :)

N

YoDa-UK
04-12-04, 21:51
Cheers :D

I would be on tonight, but i got ADSL problems, spoke with tech support at plus.net and seems my exchange is having VP in the red problems, in other words to many idiots on the exchange taking up the bandwidth and im getting slapped every few mins :(

No op fights for me i think at peak times untill dec 29th, when BT get off their fat arses and fix the exchange 8|

solling
05-12-04, 16:48
hardly any bugs yet
no fatal runtime errors
tons of servers that are populated beyond belief
gameplay, tons of content
great support staff
more character options that nc
15 dollars (us) per month
can be bought in a store

and PvP that sucks time based pvp always does :(

be fun for a couple month then its all the same and sucky pvp