PDA

View Full Version : What do I do KK

Kierz
03-12-04, 04:02
Just wondering what you expect me to do, I'm a new player to neocron, been playing about a month or 2 now, I came with 2 mates, 1 of which can't play anymore due to problems with C2P or something, it claims his account has ran out. [ edited ]

[ edited ], it really sucks, it spent me a lot of time saving up for it, lvling a hacker to find the BP and a cster to build it. But I can put up with that, we should have realised sooner that it was exploiting.. although I'm sure it was perfectly fine before the patch as we tested it ourselves.

The problem I now is I don't know anyone and anyone who I meet is hostile to me cause of my faction/rank/class/clothes so I haven't actually got to know anyone other than the 2 I brought with me.. Neocron is a very good game and you deserve every bit of credit for managing to code this game with such a small dev team (I'm a programmer myself so I have some idea of the complexity).

I really don't want to quit playing just because of a few petty incidents, and I won't but surely there's something that can be done to make this game more "newbie" friendly (I really wouldn't class myself as one due to international success in playing quake but that's OT). I'm stuck for answers, I try talking to other people and teaming with them but they're not interested cause I'm not fully capped with guru like knowledge of the game.

Neocron 2 was presumable started to get more people to play the game, I made a lot of friends in beta and the first few weeks of retail but they have all quit... I'm the only one left, help me :(

Tostino
03-12-04, 04:05
Oh come on we told you to stop fucking shooting us when you had a led driver in. And it was not a GM that blew it up it was some mobs that were shooting it from far away.

wombat74
03-12-04, 04:08
Nah, it had to be a GM, who else could get around their unbeatable exploit?

Seriously, what sort of whinger quits simply because their little exploit didn't work 100% of the time?

Anyways, Kierz, I came here with one other mate, but he plays for about 15 seconds a week lately - just get to the tradey zones, chat with people, use the OOC or Trace channels on the Hypercom - it's easy to make friends in this game, just don't be an asshole all the time (not saying you are - I don't know you from a bar of soap)

Kierz
03-12-04, 04:29
Seriously, what sort of whinger quits simply because their little exploit didn't work 100% of the time?
Like I said it never worked before the patch.. we tested it out, but I agree him quitting is a little OTT, but I can hardly force him to play :(

The point I was making is instead of the people involved spamming the GM's into "f**king us over" it would have been nice to prove to us it was now an exploit and not just the fact I dodged most of their shots (those rockets were far too slow :p). Losing a rhino is a hell of a big deal for someone who spent weeks trying to get it... (mainly kevz not me)

I really didn't want this thread to turn into a semi-flame match about that small incident, it was their attitudes (extreamly anti-"noob") that annoy me not what we lost... if you want some logs of their abuse I'm sure you probably log all chat anyway. Although I have nothing to gain from that, shame they thought they had something to gain by pretty much ruining the game (at least untill I manage to recover.. won't be easy if the others don't come back)

Tostino
03-12-04, 04:34
What the fuck are you talking about??? You had us pined down for 30 min unless we felt like gring out...
Edit: 300 posts!!!

SypH
03-12-04, 04:35
Your rhino didnt "just blow up" and I can assure you a GM didnt destroy it either. One of my clan mates noticed tonight while tech hunting something weird happening. With an LE'd driver, but a non LE'd driver the damage to the tank wasnt showing properly. The tank was getting hammered by mobs and they didnt know it. Result was 1 blown up tank.

wombat74
03-12-04, 04:36
I really didn't want this thread to turn into a semi-flame match about that small incident, it was their attitudes (extreamly anti-"noob") that annoy me not what we lost... if you want some logs of their abuse I'm sure you probably log all chat anyway. Although I have nothing to gain from that, shame they thought they had something to gain by pretty much ruining the game (at least untill I manage to recover.. won't be easy if the others don't come back)

Didn't mean to sound like I was flaming - I was just a bit shocked at the virulence of your mates... comments... about the incident in other thread(s). I understand about the pain of losing that much money - I've got a serious apartment addiction and bought an unfurnished TH level 3 apartment I can't really use instead of the furnished one I meant to - 500k may not be that much to other players, but it pissed me off big time when it happened to me lol.

As I said in my last post in here, just get chatting to people. If you've got any tradeskill at all, it makes life a lot easier - the number of people I've made friends with over a liesurely poke or 7 is pretty damned large. Get active in here, get active on the Trade channels, get your name around the community and people will know you and start to chat real friendly-like with you because of it.

MkVenner
03-12-04, 04:37
dude i keep telling you this, a GM DIDNT blow up you rhino, they use standard weapons, and there is none that could take out a rhino in 1 hit. Its lag or out of sight HL or Mobs.

kevz
03-12-04, 04:40
there were no mobs :p

MkVenner
03-12-04, 04:41
you obviously havet played NC for very long, you would have gotten used to not seeing things that are there

out of curiosty, where was this? MB?

BlackDove
03-12-04, 04:44
there were no mobs :p

Nobody gives a shit. Go away.

Kierz
03-12-04, 04:44
Also thought I might add a little to what actually happened... me and my mate kevz rep'd to racetrack so we could go out in the rhino and kill some things, but when we got there, there were several people around, one of which who had a rhino with a gunner pointing directly at the GR and kevz died instantly (I still have le in - call me whatever names you like, GR ganking isn't pvp tho, I'll remove le when I see real pvp). I got the rhino out anyway and picked him up at a nearby op, then went back to kill them to get his belt back, we were mainly chatting on voice comms so I personally wasn't paying much attention to the local chat.

Eventually after them hiding away and taking shots at us from places we couldn't shoot back from.. (you call this exploiting, I call it taking advantage of the situation - vhc vs runners) we got bored and I noticed they were complaining in local about exploiting, I then asked them to shoot it a few more times to test (I'm sure the vechile took some damage at least - it wasn't on full.. it's a rhino I wasn't expecting it to take any damage at all anyway).

Then suddenly the vechile exploded and now I have a useless char (vhc only) and my gunner has quit the game (or so he says). Added to threats that if I ever remove my le I'm "kos", that char is pretty much useless to me (ie, a waste of my time).

I'm not petty I won't quit over something stupid like this, the rest of my experience with the game has been fun, but KK please don't blame me for you're bugs, I can guarentee that "exploit" wasn't there before today. I had thought of the idea of it being exploitable and tested it by getting another runner to attack it.. when only I was in the vhc it did no damage, but with a non-le'd gunner it took a small amount of damage.

MkVenner
03-12-04, 04:47
well KK havent said JACK ALL about this (get used to that), so they havent actually blamed you for anything, what i reckons happened is all those shot against the rhino took a while to register, so 5 mins later bang

BlackDove
03-12-04, 04:49
Oh dear god man, a Rhino costs a MEASLY 300k

I'll give you the 300k if you would just stop bitching this pointless nonsense.

Kierz
03-12-04, 04:49
If it was a bug with damage not being displayed then surely [ edited ](okay I will name them) were the people exploiting... they presumably knew it was doing damage to the rhino really which is why they carried on firing (otherwise they would stop? - pointless)... so thanks...

wombat74
03-12-04, 04:50

I guess I'll get mocked if I ask if I can have 300k to not start bitching, right?

BlackDove
03-12-04, 04:52
Oh no, I'd actually like you to start.

Kierz
03-12-04, 04:53

300k means nothing to you, it does to me.. and as I meantioned it wasn't bought (please let me know where you can buy them) we had to lvl chars up to obtain it.

If you're serious about giving me the cash feel free (Koquaz in game) but I doubt you really meant it, just a way of saying "I have more money than you - I must be better"

As for the bitching? I'm perfectly calm and reasonable, I don't see any bitching, mostly questioning.

BlackDove
03-12-04, 04:54
Get fucking on right now, and ask for this idiot thread to be closed.

BlackDove is who you'll DM - see you in Tech Haven.

You get Rhino BP's from one of the shitass hacknet databases, and then you basically just have to use a lot of X parts to build one.

For barters it actually costs less, and if they're doing you a favor, it's 250k or less alltogether.

But I'll give you the extra money if you'd just stop being a [ edited ] and quit bitching.

Tostino
03-12-04, 04:55
If it was a bug with damage not being displayed then surely [ edited (okay I will name them) were the people exploiting... they presumably knew it was doing damage to the rhino really which is why they carried on firing (otherwise they would stop? - pointless)... so thanks...No the vehicles are buggy like that... and the [ edited ]tank was useing the highest lvl anti vehicle launcher and hit you 20+ times and it did NO DAMAGE.
Oh and btw this was at race track

wombat74
03-12-04, 04:55
Oh no, I'd actually like you to start.

well that cunning ruse to extract 300k out of a DoYer fell flat on it's ass... Back to killing mobs and poking for pennies...

BlackDove
03-12-04, 05:02
There, I gave you your [ edited ] 300k, now quit bitching.

Kierz
03-12-04, 05:03
Aside from the unnessisary aggression (you seem overtired I won't take offence) BlackDove did actually give me the cash and he wasn't even involved in it, so thanks.. shame we couldn't have met on simpler terms.

Vithar
03-12-04, 05:09
I am going to close this thread before it really starts to get bad.

If a non-LE'd runner is in any vehicle, in any capacity (driver, gunner, passenger), then the vehicle should take damage. If the vehicle is not taking damage, then it is a bug and should be reported as such.

Now, continuing to attack other runners knowing that they can not damage your vehicle due to this bug would be considered exploiting as you would then be taking advantage of a bug in the game to gain personal advantage.

In this case, it seems more like lag damage, then a bug causing the vehicle to not be damaged.

That said. . .

Thread closed.

V