PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] Why all the Leaving Threads ?

___T-X____
03-12-04, 00:34
Man if I see another rolf...

-FN-
03-12-04, 00:40
It's called "KK doesn't know how to communicate well and their actions (or lackthereof) speak ten times louder than the few words they put forth".

I'm downloading the WoW client now. It's not my type of game really (fantasy), but without any real visible attempt by KK to retain their playerbase, why should I stick around? SXR may be following suit with PIMP soon...

BlackDove
03-12-04, 01:02
Yeah I see myself leaving really soon as well.

Gonna do whatever I can to help the clan out, then I'm getting the fuck out. Had enough of eating shit.

SovKhan
03-12-04, 01:04
because of KK's lack of giving a shit about deactivated accounts imo. the fact that they dont care with C2P's being stupid and not allowing people to pay would be a good reason IMO.

then again who knows for sure. or cares

@FN what server you going on? i play on Arthas~eastcoast PVP server (horde) and kil`jaden~westcoast PVP server (Allience)

BlackDove
03-12-04, 01:06
On another note though:

http://img92.exs.cx/img92/7198/f0-GRS.jpg

FUCK YES

-FN-
03-12-04, 01:08
Gonna do whatever I can to help the clan out...

THAT, right THERE, is the reason I'm still here. NC2 has potential but it'll never see it. KK I could care less about thanks to the horrendous direction they've taken what could've been a great product. And now with SXR dwindling - very few vets left - I get closer and closer to leaving with each post here and lack of insight as to why KK wants to come off as a cold, incompetent software producer. Btw, just a reiteration, <3 Mods, Volunteers, GMs, and Coders - it's the people making the game direction decisions that need a swift kick :mad: Theme Weeks are a delay tactic and everyone sees that. Item Tracking. NPC Playershops. Since day fucking one that's what we've been saying we need. Everything else can WAIT. Christ, wake up.

___T-X____
03-12-04, 01:50
im fucking sick of it too, i logging tonight, i go to a few places to pk - cos i aint logged in for a week, which i dont ordinarily do. Get pk'ed on gring in to MB, GR to TH to wait for Si, Gr back to MB hq, on 3% Si I die, GR back to TH, GR to Battle Dome, attack and kill the 2 people, they lie there dead and get rezzed, i then die.

sooooo fucking close to quitting.

SorkZmok
03-12-04, 01:53
im fucking sick of it too, i logging tonight, i go to a few places to pk - cos i aint logged in for a week, which i dont ordinarily do. Get pk'ed on gring in to MB, GR to TH to wait for Si, Gr back to MB hq, on 3% Si I die, GR back to TH, GR to Battle Dome, attack and kill the 2 people, they lie there dead and get rezzed, i then die.

sooooo fucking close to quitting.I went to CRP, killed some guys, watched em genrep into cycrow UG, then come back. The usual army arrives, PPUs up their asses, i kill some more, they dont even wait for a rezz or GR out to cycrow, they just GR to CRP genrep and let PPUs keep em alive.

Funny shit. I hate this game right now.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

___T-X____
03-12-04, 01:58
I want this community somewhere else, so I can stay in touch for better or worse. This community I have known for so long is holding me here, nothing else.

DevilsChild
03-12-04, 02:35
I've had my a/c closed since monday and everytime i send a mail to c2p i just get fobbed off...BUT try this thread ..might be a light at the end of the tunnel.........

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=119603

MkVenner
03-12-04, 02:52
i some times wish NC went open source, or a group of us got together and bought KK out...id be up for it lol, but im only an ideas man, cant code or do any graphcs lol

[PiN]Fluffy
03-12-04, 04:54
I went to CRP, killed some guys, watched em genrep into cycrow UG, then come back. The usual army arrives, PPUs up their asses, i kill some more, they dont even wait for a rezz or GR out to cycrow, they just GR to CRP genrep and let PPUs keep em alive.

LOL, Guilty as charged. But yea i mean we got 20 guys in Ug dieing for some action just bring peeps with you next time. It gets boring and we all want a peice of the action.

BlackDove
03-12-04, 05:05
THAT, right THERE, is the reason I'm still here. NC2 has potential but it'll never see it. KK I could care less about thanks to the horrendous direction they've taken what could've been a great product. And now with SXR dwindling - very few vets left - I get closer and closer to leaving with each post here and lack of insight as to why KK wants to come off as a cold, incompetent software producer. Btw, just a reiteration, <3 Mods, Volunteers, GMs, and Coders - it's the people making the game direction decisions that need a swift kick :mad: Theme Weeks are a delay tactic and everyone sees that. Item Tracking. NPC Playershops. Since day fucking one that's what we've been saying we need. Everything else can WAIT. Christ, wake up.

Everyone who was around a little, and actually been actively involved into most parts of this game will be pretty much on the same page as this.

Oh wait.....hacknet and two new rare weaposn = make up for everything !111eone

It's useless typing this post, it's like bitching in the wind.

Tupac
03-12-04, 06:21
Come on KK FFS try do something to Prevent all these leaving threads or else NC 2 will be dead faster than a junkie overdosed on crack :( and that I dont wanna see as its by far one of the best PVP MMO's out there! plz plz plz ive seen way too many leaving threads these past days !!!

wombat74
03-12-04, 06:26
I'm not leaving - does that make you feel any better?

Nvidia
03-12-04, 06:32
I CAN'T QUIT! KK QUIT FOR ME! MWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Oh... wait...

wombat74
03-12-04, 06:40
I CAN'T QUIT! KK QUIT FOR ME! MWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Oh... wait...

sex... *unf*

tiikeri
03-12-04, 06:42
Hey FUCKER! (yeah hi it's me _o/ ) :)

I'm soon going to join the bandwagon of "LEAVING THREADS", not because of KK.. it's just the incapable C2P which has fucked up my main account :/ sob.. now i just have to hunt some techs, instead of satisfying my bloodlust :/ (BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!)

krynstone
03-12-04, 08:35
Well....I'm not going anywhere:)...I love it, in spite of the problems it has

MaGn0lia
03-12-04, 09:04
Well they are not actually leaving, they are returning to the situation they were before playing NC, which is good!

Just like me, instead of playing NC I'll be kickstarting my studio and working instead of trying to play this pos, which is good, since why bother playing someone elses beta when I can play my own alpha? I'm not leaving to play some other mmorpg, I'm just plain leaving :D

Maui
03-12-04, 10:24
im not leaving either =]

Tantta
03-12-04, 10:32
i think i dont even have a choice, c2p fucked my account so i HAVE to leave thought. :rolleyes:

shend
03-12-04, 10:40
i'm not leaving either
i'm about to celebrate my second birthday as a neocron citizen, no way i'm leaving!

hey tupac, when are the dark vets gonna play at decent hours again?, havent seen ivory, dell or u in along time

MrChumble
03-12-04, 11:31
I'm not leaving, yet, but the magic spark seems to have gone out of NC2. I'm pretty forgiving, I'll give them another few months to fix it. One quick fix, at least in the short term, would be to make some factions hostile within each city, that should stir up a hornets nest of pvp :D

ou7blaze
03-12-04, 11:42
It would be nice if KK actually did something.

Wow I see they have made some really cool bugfixes, hmmm

How about the stuff which is ACTUALLY important, I made myself a simple rule of being if NC2 had fatals I would quit, go figure.

This game is a fucking joke and so are the people that make it, no sympathy at all, there isn't a single time where they did something fucking RIGHT, I mean even I could be a better GM than some of the idiots that work for KK, sigh.

KK just don't give a shit or listen, I wonder if Martin J Schweizer is the only one who works on this game and the other mods, devs are just himself, on another account lmao...

Genji
03-12-04, 11:49
I can't play neocron.........I want to...... *sigh*

Bugs Gunny
03-12-04, 11:51
I went to CRP, killed some guys, watched em genrep into cycrow UG, then come back. The usual army arrives, PPUs up their asses, i kill some more, they dont even wait for a rezz or GR out to cycrow, they just GR to CRP genrep and let PPUs keep em alive.

Try bombing the place, all the people you kill come out of the ug tunnel 1 minute later, without the need for pokers etc.
There's not much point in killing people these days.

tiikeri
03-12-04, 12:04
Try bombing the place, all the people you kill come out of the ug tunnel 1 minute later, without the need for pokers etc.
There's not much point in killing people these days.

Imagine doing that for couple hours in one OPfight, and you know how we felt fighting PAIN+the haxploit.

switchback
03-12-04, 12:19
perhaps kk should make a leaving forum in its on right, would be funny to able to count the number of threads there would be

Genty
03-12-04, 12:27
There may be a link between the hacking exploit fix and the amount of leaving. Just a theory.

Spermy
03-12-04, 12:36
Hey, they're all pain - I don't give a monkeys.

Nidhogg
03-12-04, 12:41
Thread merged.

N

/edit - FWIW, my view on leaving threads is that they're a waste of forum disk space. I've seen far, far too many people post leaving threads and then either come back or in some cases never even leave. Some people have 3 or 4 of them under their belts already.

/edit2 - that's not to say that I'm not concerned when people leave - my comment refers only to leaving threads.

Selendor
03-12-04, 12:43
Starting to worry myself, I wonder if KK see Terra as an extended beta until retail next year. Perhaps they don't care that people are leaving, I certainly haven't seen much of an apology for the latest Click2Pay fiasco. There have also been some important threads asking for KK to respond to us that have been largely ignored.

I'm paid up for 6 months personally, as its quite cheap, so no leaving post from me, I'd just bugger off. But from my view, I am only here to play Op wars, they are the only fun thing left, and if those dry up, or the continual 'instant death' that is killing my PPU and is beyond my control annoys me any further, then there is no point logging on. Perhaps we have all played this game too long, but if I cannot be arsed to search the whole of Neocron/DoY for a levelling weapon, I can't believe a noob would either.

I think WoW is having a very big impact on many MMORPG communities, as the Americans are all jumping ship. The two questions that arise from this are will they all be back in two months, and what will happen to Neocron in February when WoW Europe goes live.

Spermy
03-12-04, 12:48
Thread merged.

N

/edit - FWIW, my view on leaving threads is that they're a waste of forum disk space. I've seen far, far too many people post leaving threads and then either come back or in some cases never even leave. Some people have 3 or 4 of them under their belts already.

*waves*

Because NC was a bit on the iffy side. But it got better, but now it seems it c2p has flown south for the winter. :/

amfest
03-12-04, 14:18
I"ll most likely contiune to play Single Player NC1 for as long as I can >_<

:D

Bugs Gunny
03-12-04, 14:46
KK has some competition comming up, i've seen other games like lineage and COH come and i've never seen so many people leave as now with WOW.

There's other games in the neocron genre comming out in the future and they'd better hope those games don't offer the same or more at better stability etc...

Hopefully the release of the boxed version comes soon, and they'd better get their payment system done right then.

trigger hurt
03-12-04, 15:01
Imagine doing that for couple hours in one OPfight, and you know how we felt fighting PAIN+the haxploit.
yeah, and imagine several of pain's ppus leaving because ff have figured out how to cast psi sheild.

Oath
03-12-04, 15:59
Some people have 3 or 4 of them under their belts already.

*waves*

I'm guilty of that :lol:

Darth Slayer
03-12-04, 16:28
*waves*

I'm guilty of that :lol:
You iz teh Emporer Niblet tho, supreme amongst your kind....... :D

Carinth
03-12-04, 17:59
Yes it is a bit silly to have a leaving thread if you're not leaving, but for me it was a statement. I really have quit the game, and so has all of my clan except a few die hards. The forum on the other hand is still fun to discuss stuff in, for a long time now I've had more fun in the forum then in nc. And besides, I've still got 2 months of payed time on my accounts, I might aswell get some use for my money.

MkVenner
03-12-04, 18:07
i dont see what all this fuss about WoW, i really didnt like it lol, but then again i dont usually go for the hack and slash style games, an WoW didnt offer enough for me to stay, horizons came closer than WoW...

i dont have one of those stay'o'meters in my siggy coz tbh im pushing it already lol, but if i diid it'd slap bang in the middles, swinging madly from side to side like a deranged chimp on a swing. but i think alot of things have coincided at the same time, WoW, the c2p fiasco, KK being MIA with the eastern servers, all at the same time people were reaching boiling point about certiain issues...

03-12-04, 18:38
KK kinda remind me of Funcom back when I was playing AO - I think they've bitten off (or maybe that should be promised) more than they can chew/deliver (the difference being that Funcom were a larger company that made a load of coders jobless whereas KK just dont seem to have grown to cope with the increasing demands of game). I dont care how unique a product is or how adicted to it the customer is - every customer has a breaking point and sooner or later you will exceed theirs

All other factors aside (and there were a few) I left simply because I've only been able to transfer 1 character to NC2 and tech support (while they were very nice and trying to be helpful) basically told me they were too busy to find (let alone fix) the problem with the transfer tool (it would appear theres only 1 guy who is able to work on it) and they cant do transfer my characters for me.

Now I work in tech support for a small company and that strikes me as pretty poor - we always try and prevent situation where only 1 employee knows about a particular thing and since our business is all about the customer you just cant do this kind of thing.

The flip side is, being in tech support, you know thats its not the fault of the guy telling you this so theres little point getting all angry and personal about it - so I just quit and told them to let me know when it is fixed so I can come back. Thing is I have a feeling this either wont get fixed before the transfer database is deleted at the end of the year and/or tech support will already have closed my ticket and thats the last I'll hear from them.

Since KKs communication (and their tech supports for that matter - since I kept having to chase them up) aren't renown for their communication I'll probably find myself having to resubscribe near the end of the month just to see if I can transfer my other characters or finding out that I just wasted some money!

MrChumble
03-12-04, 19:57
that's not to say that I'm not concerned when people leave - my comment refers only to leaving threads.
They're a double edged sword. I worry that this many leaving threads will fuel the general mood of pessimism, and cause more people to leave, and that they'll discourage newbies/visitors from giving NC a proper chance.

On the other hand, NC2 right now is a pigs breakfast and a completely unfair reflection of the hard work and talent of the KK team. A small number of bad design calls are having far reaching consequences for the gameplay. KK have been told this on many occasions, and if dozens of people quitting loudly and publicly finally makes KK act then leaving threads are ultimately a good thing.

Maybe if KK fixed NC2 there'd be no need for leaving threads and we could welcome newbies with an honest enthusiasm for the game.

zii
05-12-04, 17:27
because of KK's lack of giving a shit about deactivated accounts imo. the fact that they dont care with C2P's being stupid and not allowing people to pay would be a good reason IMO.

They care, thats for sure. However, I expect tha KK have a contract with C2P that they cannot cancel until C2P mess up the service level agreement... whenever this is.

I'm not leaving. I paid six months in advance and intend to stick it out until the end, which means a renewal. Sadly server populations seem oddly low.

(I have a leaving thread under my belt just earlier this year. As you can see I'm still here.)

Morganth
05-12-04, 18:06
yeah, and imagine several of pain's ppus leaving because ff have figured out how to cast psi sheild.

[ edited ]

Anyway, anyone from PAIN who has left or will be leaving is working on the basis that Blizzard > KK, and WoW is a much better game. The accusations of "hack exploiting" didn't exactly help either.

Tratos
05-12-04, 18:28
Ive had one leaving thread....which was never closed MWAHAHAHAAH :p ahem

I was back on the forums within a week while i was alt tabbing out of SWG, i was more interested in this place than that game, i was around here on the forum that is for 6 months without playing, i would just update the client when new patches came and check out changes made.

I dont think i'll ever be able to leave this place :p

¬_¬ Bastards, lol