PDA

View Full Version : Decision made...

st0ckman
02-12-04, 23:50
Yes I have decided to leave Neocron behind and move on to pastures new. :( It has definitely not been an easy decision especially since i started my Neocrack addiction back in 2002 and kept my main spy character st0ckman up until this very day.

As for the reasons well i have just not been hooked by NC2 and i do not feel it has enough new content to warrant having to pay for it. It just isn't right that you have to run around for what seems like forever just looking for a poke in DoY which means you have no chance of getting back to an OP war. I also still feel cheated by KK for wiping my items that i spent most of my time since 2002 finding and accumulating which was all for nothing, so not only a waste of my time but also my hard earned real life cash. But what broke the camels back was that I purchased a 3 month subscription which has now failed for some reason due to Click2Pay saying i have no money in my account, strange since i managed to go out last night and get pished on some of that money they tell me doesn't exist!! :D

There are many other reasons but i really cannot be bothered to go into it coz there really is no point. I have really really enjoyed Neocron over the years and i think KK created a very unique experience that was very involving and I hope that the Neocron idea continues for years to come as i do not think any other MMORPG really comes close in terms of gameplay and it would be a shame if it does not live on in some form. It has given me some great moments that I have never experienced the like of in any other game to date, the first time I opened the Main Neocron City gates to look out into the wilds was when I really got hooked, so far I had only been running around sewers but this moment really defined the start of my NC experience. Spotting my first Hoverbot at the top of some peak I was trying to climb then getting flattened by it 2 seconds later. Seeing a Warbot for first time on my way to MB standing in a slight dip in the landscape then getting flattened by that as well 2 seconds later! :D Last but definitely not least was taking part in my first OP war, fighting tooth and nail, side by side with my fellow clan mates, absolutely brilliant. :cool:

But most important of all is the people I have met along the way which is what truly made Neocron a great ride. I have not contributed too much on the forums but I like to think I have made a lot of friends in game on the Saturn server.

I'd like to say farewells to the following ppl that have made NC brilliant for me (enemies included and in no particular order :) ) -

Twist3d, Smok3d, Gromeister, Speed12, Psyborg, Nippa, Admiral Ackbar, Guardian Angel, Resurgence, NoNo, DarkH, Sgt striker, DigestiveBiscuit, Andy Constable, smokeyj, Prometheus, Matthew.v.smith, Zoneseek, Gestra, kimmyg, stapes, dank, w33man, Eled, Apoc, stigmata, Rizzy, Littleterror, rait, madman, blade, Demon, Q`alooaith, Crest.....

All clan members of DoW from my early NeXT days and also to all smokin fools of Fallen Angels!

There are so many more that i have missed especially in FA but they are all part of a what i think is a great community which i am sad to be leaving.

Obviously i have not ruled out a return in the future but for now i think it is definitely time to quit! :(

Take care everyone and happy hunting! :)

st0ckman, st1ckman, cerbera, HarryMonk

Vithar
02-12-04, 23:57
Good luck with whatever you decide to do in the future.

We'll be here when you come back. :angel:

As with all leaving threads. . .

Thread closed.

V