PDA

View Full Version : KK Started advertising in NC?

MkVenner
02-12-04, 18:24
I just noticed this in PP, now last time i checked that sign never used to say that....whats the deal with that?

Heavyporker
02-12-04, 18:37
ROFL... that's hilarious. Most likely photoshopped by ya, but... if for real...

I say yes to this.. let KK advertise in the less-traveled areas.. make people stop and say "wtf?"

They'd have to be careful, though, to chose clients that more or less fit the mileu of KK.. like no McDonalds or Barbie doll thingies.

Perhaps it's only an old and secret texture that your client accidentally bought up and rendered.

MkVenner
02-12-04, 18:40
dude look at my crimbo hat, i have NO photoshop skills lol, and ascention made my sig. Go to PP1 its there lol

krynstone
02-12-04, 18:40
You know what...I wouldn't mind them advertising in game. I'd rather it actually. At least somewhat related to the area or gaming/computing since we are playing a computer game. But thats kool if they are

Tidus_Origin
02-12-04, 18:41
lol, wtf? never seen that before! :D

KK advertising the PCs they use at their offices, maybe?

Siygess
02-12-04, 18:43
Actually, that makes a lot of sense. Alienware have their logo in the back of the new German NC2 manual (check the website for the downloadable version).. its quite possible that part of the ad deal is that they can advertise in game too. It's cool with me if it means more money for KK.

nugz420
02-12-04, 18:49
strange indeed

Heavyporker
02-12-04, 19:08
OMFG. are you serious? A for-real advertising deal?!?

Oh.. KK.. you rock. You just rock. Pioneering new concepts all over the place.

Tratos
02-12-04, 19:15
Wow :) i hope they do so, its a pretty cool idea, aslong as it isnt over done.

Nice to see KK doing somthing.

MkVenner
02-12-04, 19:42
more alienware stuff

oh btw does any one know a decent screenshot program other than grab clip save, coz that crashes all the time and crashes NC

Xeno LARD
02-12-04, 19:44
Heh, neat. I still fail to see why Anyone would buy an alienware.

MkVenner
02-12-04, 19:47
*hides*

(eXo) Opaleye
02-12-04, 19:50
Hilarious

WE now have aliens on our little sinking ship.

Might I purchase a ticket to Itata III - this place sux

LOL

aKe`cj
02-12-04, 19:59
Oh.. KK.. you rock. You just rock. Pioneering new concepts all over the place.
that principle is not new, its old as...
even the old counter-strike featured RL-ads on certain maps (eg dust2)

MkVenner
02-12-04, 20:03
i do beleive that was a hint of sarcasm :p

Oath
02-12-04, 20:18
Advertising was an idea way back with the first beta, it never really took off for some reason, dont know why but i figure this would be a new source of revenue as well as fucking cool :p

I wanna see more :D

Shadowbreed
02-12-04, 21:24
There's also a big one in the TG sector right outside the HQ

El_MUERkO
02-12-04, 21:40
KK can go nuts with the advertising as long as its like that, far less annoying than the "The way its meant to be played" splash screens on some games.

Myabe the money they earn might allow them to buy a second hamster for a server and clone Codi.

Heavyporker
02-12-04, 21:41
Frankly, more-robust servers for 2000+ populations would be better...

or two/three more coders for near-daily patches to fill in cracks and holes in the game whilst Codi and the older guys work on the larger issues.

giga191
02-12-04, 22:47
Advertise moooorreeee

msdong
02-12-04, 23:06
*send a mail to Frankfurt Pimps to have better PP ads*

as long as its not the Pepsi Factory we fighting for on the next OP or the Nokia Uplink :D

Kozmos
02-12-04, 23:13
*send a mail to Frankfurt Pimps to have better PP ads*

as long as its not the Pepsi Factory we fighting for on the next OP or the Nokia Uplink :D

gah i cant remember what the adverts they had were back in beta but there were alot, one was a audio tape company but i cant remember who >.<

Also, how long before the CA announcements are changed to something like "this is a public service announcement, lioon reza says but a audi, thankyou and have a good day"

Genty
02-12-04, 23:19
I remember when the possibility of this was first discussed, I don't remember the outcome of it but I guess they returned to the idea when they needed some more cash. Can't see them getting a massive amount for it with the current population though.

msdong
02-12-04, 23:24
.... lioon reza says but a audi, thankyou and have a good day"

i would buy one, but i guess i can not afford ...

if we get ads it will be international products.

fastfood, softdrinks, hardware, Tape/CD/MD companys, Movies....

Tratos
03-12-04, 00:05
First Pic:
Various alienware logos ive seen

Second Pic:
Top Right - A Neocron Company advertised in DoY?
Rest Of Pic - What the hell is that the logo for? that ad wasnt there pre patch as far as i can remember.

eprodigy
03-12-04, 08:23
i didnt get a screenshot but theres also a new sign in plaza1 over the bench with the AW logo on it too.

Nvidia
03-12-04, 08:32
That second picture you have there? That's the symbol for the Alienware ALX system... possibly the most expensive computer system ever purchasable on the internet. Don't believe me?

Alienware ALX System (http://www.alienware.com/Configurator_Pages/area-51_alx_sli.aspx?SysCode=PC-AREA51ALXX2SLI-D&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT&cs=1)

Wouldn't mind one of those puppies for Christmas...

Holy fuck, that's some nast subliminal messaging. No wonder I went to the Alienware website last week for no damn good reason! :p

Seven
03-12-04, 09:48
If I even had $6000 to buy that I would just build my own.

For six grand I think we could build one a bit better than that or have fun trying.

Man, six grand... :eek:

Ascension
03-12-04, 10:14
gah i cant remember what the adverts they had were back in beta but there were alot, one was a audio tape company but i cant remember who >.<

Also, how long before the CA announcements are changed to something like "this is a public service announcement, lioon reza says but a audi, thankyou and have a good day"

I think the audio tape company was 'TDK' :)

Reefer
03-12-04, 12:34
who the hell would want advertising in a MMO, especially in a POST apocaloytic scene. Alienware seems to be one hell of a big company to see them survive several 1000's years 8|
Next thing you know there is a sign of Bill Gates advertising for windows 50000 or whatever in the Pussy club.

Why would you want advertising to fuck up your gaming experiance? none of RL products fit in the settings and it isn't RP friendly either.
not to mention that advertising is annoying as hell, our world is full of it and now we can't even escape it ingame? c'mon guys, think before you stink O_o

LTA
03-12-04, 12:46
who the hell would want advertising in a MMO, especially in a POST apocaloytic scene. Alienware seems to be one hell of a big company to see them survive several 1000's years 8|
Next thing you know there is a sign of Bill Gates advertising for windows 50000 or whatever in the Pussy club.

Why would you want advertising to fuck up your gaming experiance? none of RL products fit in the settings and it isn't RP friendly either.
not to mention that advertising is annoying as hell, our world is full of it and now we can't even escape it ingame? c'mon guys, think before you stink O_o

Technically speaking any past product would have survived because they wrote all the history onto the ceres disks so knowledge of it all would be there.
They should make some of the company items buyable in some type like a alienware citycom that costs 6 million nc or something so the ads relate a little more lol and they can make it suit the scene, ppl know the name and symbol the actual products in the game to the ad can be anythin :p.
i dont wanna se a ad fest but if it helps pay kks way and maybe someday lower the subs and pay for more staff i can get over it, they don't bother my experience much

Selendor
03-12-04, 12:52
Would rather see advertising out of game, but if it helps, then why not. Suprised KK didn't announce this as its a good thing, unless of course Alienware aren't paying very much. To be honest it seems like a strange project for them to get involved with, although they are really getting everywhere these days.

Would laugh if KK started to sponsor the factions - Tangent Halliburton Technologies Inc rofl

Bugs Gunny
03-12-04, 13:05
I'm collecting the old candies before they all turn in to TWIX, MARS etc...

Dan Szeen
03-12-04, 13:40
Hope theres a maccas there soon.... always wondered how small the Big Mac would be by that year :)

Reefer
03-12-04, 14:00
Technically speaking any past product would have survived because they wrote all the history onto the ceres disks so knowledge of it all would be there.
They should make some of the company items buyable in some type like a alienware citycom that costs 6 million nc or something so the ads relate a little more lol and they can make it suit the scene, ppl know the name and symbol the actual products in the game to the ad can be anythin :p.
i dont wanna se a ad fest but if it helps pay kks way and maybe someday lower the subs and pay for more staff i can get over it, they don't bother my experience much

yeh but wich faction would be making them, Biotech??
you might be able to explain why the technology is still there, alienware citycom would be real cool, but having kept the same company name after a meltdown and such? I would have imagined a hostile takeover by now, making it Neoware or Mutantware or something like that, would be more plausible and less disturbing for the RP-ers.
besides an add should contain the real name and actual existing product of the company or it wouldn't be an add at all and wouldn't generate revenues. probably you will even be sued for using the copyrighted symbol on a diff name and such

I agree however that adds will be a nice for KK to realise all the things the planned to implement but at least make the advertisment out of game, like the launcher, or semi-out of game like on the sync screen (I would suggest microsoft adds on that one so you won't be surprised if you are having the sync bug :o ) but not ingame RL billboards & adds please, it'll ruin the game for me

Capt. Rik
03-12-04, 14:14
"And tonights main event... Op war at Jeriko... brought to you by our sponsors, those cheery chaps at AlienWare.com"

:D

LTA
03-12-04, 14:49
yeh but wich faction would be making them, Biotech??
you might be able to explain why the technology is still there, alienware citycom would be real cool,"Tangent upon browsing a selected section of the ceres disk that had be passed on to them discovered a popular brand from the past, upon hearing this brand developed very appealing Computer systems have decided to relaunch the brand, popular alienware systems will be developed and sold under the supervision of TT since the company itself ceased to exist back in 20whenever so check out the vendors soon"

it only ruins your rp cuz you let it, make your rp around it in someway, as long as it don't go overboard like millions of brands everywhere then some can be rp'd, like Maccy D's lol
Chez Sypher has launched a commercial fast food chain reports say that these chain was very popular in the past and chez has decided the name has the potential to bring them more revenue. The chain will run as a right arm of the chez sypher offering alternate fast foods rather than the delicacies offered at there more upstanding restaurants.

:p

Dunno if they will be sued, Alienware pay kk to advertise so i am sure they are happy if there logo is used a-lot since more chance of people seeing it no?
Not like they gonna copy the whole pc's n stuff since we have them nice flatscreens with all the tower stuff in a nice small tube lol

bobleponge
03-12-04, 15:20
[ edited ]

Anybody was prevenus and ca do not stick has the universe !!!! Out-of-the-way this forced publicity !!!!

WHERE IS THE RP NOW ??? !!!! plus de publicité dans Pandore !! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Velvet
03-12-04, 15:33
Maybe the old advertisement slogans playing at Plaza get changed. :rolleyes:

"Mercedes Benz, not even the apocalypse can stop us!"

"You were PK`ed by a Heckler&Koch. Have a nice after-life"

"Lom pills by Bristol-Myers-Squibb"

"Don`t be a n00b.
Use our new battle tank.
With free SEP, CITV, DRS, GEN II TIS, TIS, FEP and SADA detector.
Trust only GDLS" ;)

Siygess
03-12-04, 15:46
"In Fabrique Nationale we trust." - Tangent :D

Drake6k
03-12-04, 16:08
fuck KK for this pub !!!!!

WHERE IS THE RP NOW ??? !!!! plus de publicité dans Pandore !! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm going to have to agree with bobleponge. This is pretty fucking lame.

This makes Neocron look worse to new players. KK isnt advertising they are selling out by covering Neocron with out-of-character crap ads. o_O

Fuck Alienware, KK what the hell are you doing!??

It sickens me to look at pepper park 1, a place of a long Neocron history and see a big freaking Alienware ad right in the middle of it!!!!

Where is the roleplay, the immersion????

bobleponge
03-12-04, 16:17
I am happy to see that meme in the English community, people share this opinion.
Only prevenir the community is the slightest things
Sorry for my English.

If you join the opinion of drake and mine : http://boubnc.free.fr/eponge%20pub.JPG

Genty
03-12-04, 16:25
Viva la Revolution....or not.

Heavyporker
03-12-04, 17:54
Wow. how vocal the opposition is.

Frankly.. as long as the advertising is kept moderate and folded into the Neocron mileu well through the neocronicle and has a TANGIBLE benefit for KK/community through better service (more coders) or lower subs (subsidized gaming), I'm all for it.

I mean, sure, those Bristol Myers Squibbs LOMs and the Nokia Factory would just bite.

dark_reaper
03-12-04, 19:31
WTF??? I am supprised that Ailienware would put ad's outside this country. I was even supprised they put ad's outside this state. Not bad for a small Miami company.

Xeno LARD
03-12-04, 20:31
more alienware stuff

oh btw does any one know a decent screenshot program other than grab clip save, coz that crashes all the time and crashes NC

Yeh, press F12.

MkVenner
03-12-04, 21:14
that saves a bmp into the NC Screen folder, GCS Saved either a jpeg, or gif into a folder i designated, as well as having a few other facilities, that was until it started crashing, i was just wondering if anyone else knew of a program like is. Plus not all games have a screenshot facility

SyncError
03-12-04, 22:11
This is one of the sadest things I've seen in a long time.

I guess this new move for KK is their balance weight for the Ceres Project. If you add some RP... you have to take some away.

T e r r i b l e I d e a.

I loved the environment given by Neocron and the businesses they built. I suppose the next move will be to replace the restraunts and clubs with real life examples. I can hear it now...

Construction TL 150 at the Plaza 2 Taco Bell.

No thanks. If I had come in game 2 years ago and seen an ad like that I would have cancelled before the free month ended. It was the environment they had created that kept me there for years. This... is just sad.

LiL T
03-12-04, 22:15
edit ^^^ what he just said its a game not a fuckibng sports shop

LOL guess there broke out of cash

O_o

bobleponge
03-12-04, 23:28
[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
03-12-04, 23:33
This is one of the sadest things I've seen in a long time.

I guess this new move for KK is their balance weight for the Ceres Project. If you add some RP... you have to take some away.

T e r r i b l e I d e a.

I loved the environment given by Neocron and the businesses they built. I suppose the next move will be to replace the restraunts and clubs with real life examples. I can hear it now...

Construction TL 150 at the Plaza 2 Taco Bell.

No thanks. If I had come in game 2 years ago and seen an ad like that I would have cancelled before the free month ended. It was the environment they had created that kept me there for years. This... is just sad.

omg and nfsu:2 sold out by putting burgerkings in it!

:rolleyes:

bobleponge
03-12-04, 23:37
This is not of the spam, just a video IG. This video annoys certain persons ??
I would like a reponse on the reason of the edit Other than " spam " !

I presente here thus a video of neocron Ig with these advertisement hoardings

Video Download here (http://benjamin.guillerm.free.fr/Noel.avi)

IceStorm
03-12-04, 23:43
Advertising was an idea way back with the first beta,Yes it was. It's a shame it never took off because advertising revenue would be a great way to prop up CoDi with a couple other coders.
it never really took off for some reason,Probably because KK has almost no reputation compared to the likes of Verant/Sony.

Nidhogg
03-12-04, 23:58
This is not of the spam, just a video IG. This video annoys certain persons ??
When I first tried it it stuck at the testcard which was why I edited it. I downloaded it a second time and it worked ok. Don't see why you're so pissed off tbh. BTW, only the music annoyed me. :p

N

Xeno LARD
04-12-04, 00:08
When I first tried it it stuck at the testcard which was why I edited it. I downloaded it a second time and it worked ok. Don't see why you're so pissed off tbh. BTW, only the music annoyed me. :p

N

Oh my, I liked the music.

I don't see why people are making such a fuss about it. You see ads for Warbot Cola and the like, why not real troubles. I have no intention to buy an Alienware, as they're shit. I will buy a warbot cola when I get ingame thought, as I belive Xenocide would like one. That's if he can drink it through his PA. Maybe the "eye things" in the spy's PA are actually funnels for a straw!

Doc Holliday
04-12-04, 00:25
it aint like people roleplay in the game anyway so quit bitching about the lack of rp cos of a few tasty adds. theres one in plaza 1 too where the city coms used be accross from medcare. i think its cool

dark_reaper
04-12-04, 08:24
It will be very nice if you can post ads for your clans in the game, such as alienware did. Oh btw dont buy Alienware, you may get tacked on an extra 7% sales tax. or is it 6%. [ edited - let's not make legally dodgy statements eh? ]