PDA

View Full Version : Is there ANY advantage to removing an LE?

BradSTL
02-12-04, 04:26
There used to be some major advantages to having your Law Enforcement chip out, most but not all of them related to being in a clan:
15% faster XP gain and 15% better loot, or something like that, wasn't it?
Only people without LEs could be healed or buffed by PPUs.
Community, and help leveling, from the clan chat channel.
Walk-in access to the low-level and mid-level gear in the clan's HQ cabinets.
Use of those cabinets, plus the clan bank account, to mule stuff from one character to another.
It used to be that practically only the larger clans had essentials like level 3 implants.
Faction epic rewards for the all-but-two factions that require you to PK to earn them are sometimes pretty cool.
Skill bonuses while at clan-held outposts.
Now?
The XP and cash loss is 2%.
LE PPUs can buff and heal anybody else with an LE.
There's more people on the Faction and Alliance channels than ever were in any clan channel, and they're just as helpful.
So many clans have had all their stuff repeatedly stolen by defectors/alts that nobody puts stuff in the cabinets any more, do they? And if you just want to mule stuff short term, you can leave it on an apartment floor or, if you're at the same level of personal trust you'd have to be to use a clan cabinet, you can stick it in a crate in faction HQ for up to some span of time, what is it something like 12 hours? 24?
At least half of the faction rewards now look pretty puny.
You can get half the skill bonus for free just by using almost any allied outpost.
Now, put up against that that if you take your LE chip out you can't turn around anywhere outside of a faction HQ without some bored buffed up or stealthed ally attacking you, giving you the choice between letting him have an easy kill and access to whatever you dropped or defending yourself (if you can despite being attacked by surprise) and losing access to the Faction Supply Manager.

Because customer service turned me down cold on fixing my main character which was still screwed up from the move from Pluto, I ended up deleting him and re-creating him. Which means that I now have my LE chip back in. I absolutely have no intention of taking that chip out until I'm capped or nearly capped. But even when I do get capped, unless the tide of battle suddenly changes and there's a big Tsunami clan with consistent direct access to a complete matching set of outposts, why on Crahn's ruined Earth would I take my LE chip out? What benefit could I possibly derive? I'm not looking to start a flame war here, I'm actually curious. Because a year ago, the game was so stacked in favor of people in clans that I was grumbling that there was no point in having an LE. Now, it seems like it's stacked 100% the other way. Am I missing something?

Jesterthegreat
02-12-04, 04:31
extra imp slot

clan

pvp

op wars

3 of the main things in the game, and something to optimise your setup... I'd say yes

BradSTL
02-12-04, 04:43
Extra Chip: Yeah, but Jester, there are a LOT of +5 this and +10 and +15 that chips in the game now. I can probably cap any weapon in this game, and nearly cap resistances, with 3 slots. The 4th slot's basically overkill now.

Clan: Unless you're in one of the two biggest clans on any server, being in a clan just makes you the punk-assed bitch of a third of the server. Now that I can get just as much help finding items and services in the chat channels, no more than people actually roleplay their clans, a clan is just another group of people who're likely to drag me into their personal grudges.

PvP: To me, PvP is just PvM with less loot. Worse, actually, I don't have to worry about somebody else getting a grudge and setting out to gather a group of people to make my life miserable. I'd PvP ... if (a) I had a chance, which now that droners aren't completely red-headed stepchildren I might once I'm capped, and (b) there was any point to it. Other than that, if all I wanted was bang-bang-bang PvP all the time, I'd be playing Counter-Strike.

Outpost Wars: If it actually took an all-out war to capture an outpost, rather than just waiting for everybody to be asleep and sneaking in one hacker, then outpost wars would be worth it. But turrets that were any good were also griefing tools, so they took them out, leaving turrets to be gigantic waste of money. And besides, suppose turrets actually required a fighting force a long time to defeat ... so what? Unless you're in a clan that's got so many people in it that there's a big enough gang to defend the outpost 24x7, somebody's just going to ninja hack it overnight anyway. Outposts are indefensible. All they become is something for people to get ticked off over and start grudge matches even between RP allies that (contrary to the clear intent of the game) spill over into the hunting zones and the cities.

Dude, you're not hitting any selling points here. The extra slot is nice, but the other three things are just a source of aggravation.

Tostino
02-12-04, 04:59
PvP and OP wars are the best part of the whole fucking game... I dont see the reason to play if all you do is PvM because there are alot better games for that then NC.

MkVenner
02-12-04, 05:14
my tank is PPR Moveon herc marine, and my PE is PPR SA SF and targeting 3, if i lost any one of those my current setups would need serious work

and pretty much the only reason im still in thise game is the clans im in and the PvP

so yeah i see an advantage

Jesterthegreat
02-12-04, 05:18
PvP and OP wars are the best part of the whole fucking game... I dont see the reason to play if all you do is PvM because there are alot better games for that then NC.

AGREED.

no offence to anyone who PvM's only but there are far better pvm games than nc. nc is an mmorpgfps, and i would hate to play a monthly subscription to shoot somputer controlled NPC's.

oh and make a good hyb setupwith only 3 head imps plz :)

make me a exec PE setup with 3 head imps.

as for needing to join the bandwagon... thats bullshit. we will show the server that if we ever get ourselves sorted out :D

as for OP wars... who owns the OP isnt important... checking the citycom, seeing they have a nice amount of people on then hacking their op... its the fight that ensues.

i dont give a shit if NCAT ever have OP's... i just want the OP wars :)

as for "not selling"... look around. see how manypeople pvp / op war? i think my points are all 100% valid. whether they are valid to you is another matter, but as i said... an mmo isnt that greatfor pvm.

SypH
02-12-04, 05:41
I was an LE runner through most of my NC1 time. When NC2 came I finally bit the bullet and took out my LE, and to be honest I wish I had done it sooner. I've taken part in some of the most awesome fights and enjoyed every minute of if. Even a loss can be fun if it was a good fight. I remember when NC2 was just a week or 2 old PAIN was fighting with another pro city clan and we had an awesome series of fights over some of the northern ops. One minute we'd be spanking them silly, then suddenyl at the next turn they would completely annihilate us, only for us to turn it around again, ad infinitum. There are some down sides to it, but I'm having more fun now, than I was as an LE bitch;)

Seven
02-12-04, 06:04
Now?
The XP and cash loss is 2%.

There isn't ANY loss of XP or cash with LE.

athon
02-12-04, 11:04
IMO op wars were far better before the GR's were locked down, the undergrounds were made into an in-op zoning exploit and the turrets were nerfed to hell (and now even more expensive to build, what with the decent ones being faction based items).

Revert all the above changes and stick a build timer on turrets, and make them placable by anyone again (if anyone can stand still for 30 seconds in the middle of an op war without eing killed, they deserve to be able to place a turret IMO)

Athon Solo

MaGn0lia
02-12-04, 11:15
Well it is true that the reworked pc/rc/hc and wepl you can cap your weaponskill with 3 chips, but like in the case of my PE, I have 3 combat chips and 1 for speed. So would I lose one combat chip or the speed just for LE? I don't think so. Even csters need that 4th slot (I believe, don't ask me, I don't have any other tradeskill than kill and poke)

sanityislost
02-12-04, 11:25
Best thing about not having a Le chip is being able to fight other players and
then talking about the fights after with them. Thats how ive met some of my
best mates in the game ^^

SiL ..:..

darknessfairy
02-12-04, 11:57
.....oh and make a good hyb setupwith only 3 head imps plz :)....

got one, bob did it for me :p so it IS possible

___T-X____
02-12-04, 12:02
IMO op wars were far better before the GR's were locked down, the undergrounds were made into an in-op zoning exploit and the turrets were nerfed to hell (and now even more expensive to build, what with the decent ones being faction based items).

Revert all the above changes and stick a build timer on turrets, and make them placable by anyone again (if anyone can stand still for 30 seconds in the middle of an op war without eing killed, they deserve to be able to place a turret IMO)

Athon Solo

First sensible thing youve ever said.

Nvidia
02-12-04, 12:10
If you aren't playing this game to PvP, there are a ton of other games that do PvM much better, with a much higher variety of mobs, loot, and intelligence.

Why even play this game if you're not gonna PvP 'till the sun goes down?

PvP IS Neocron.

ArgieD
02-12-04, 14:23
...somebody's just going to ninja hack it overnight anyway.

Actually you just gave me an idea...

Why don't KK state on the Game Pack of the Asian market that they will get to NINJA-hack the outposts?

Not because there will be many Japanese there, but because of the lack of defenders due to the time difference :D

Terkantia
02-12-04, 14:39
For me, the removal of my LE completely changed the face of the game.

Although it took some stupid deaths and 5-7 pairs oc boots to realize how things worked without an LE.

Now, the game has some challenge to it, some skill involved in running my anti-city ass around MB, the outzones, etc. Being a droner with no LE or clan is. for me, an extre,mely scary, exciting and invigerating thing. I am getting better at running around and hiding, but have yet to master the art or hiding my meatsack and killing someone chasing me.

I ahve however, learned the art of just hiding the meatsack in the open and watching ppl fall who ahve no clue they are being killed by a drone.

heh.

I absolutely love this gamewithout my LE, even though I am at an extreme disadvantage against a anyone else, face to face, who can use a weapon and not lose control of thier meatsack when they do.

There has never been a game that has rushed me quite like that does, ever. And, so it is known, i have played quite a few MMO's, I ahven';t really gooten into the PvP side until SWG. But this is COMPLETELY different than running around with a pistol in one hand and the ability to go covert so easily.

=)

Darkana
02-12-04, 16:12
Brad, when you don't see any need in removing your LE, keep it in.

The arguments I read here for removing the LE chip are not new to me, infact I have heard them a lot. Sure, when you like PvP, go for it, others do not or just can't be bothered anymore. So what?

You loose an implant slot. Certain character setups don't work with LE. But what do you use these setups for? PvP is out of question with LE :p

The fact you cannot PvP (read: be ganked) is even the greatest advantage of the LE: You are free to create characters which would fail miserably in PvP, but are real fun to play, as you can do PvM and still have a good deal of tradeskills. If you really feel like it, you can test your combat skills against others in NeoFrag/Wargames.

I like this game (else I would have said goodbye a long time ago) and I don't really want to do PvP. For me, there is no overall advantage in removing the LE.

Bugs Gunny
02-12-04, 16:20
Advantage: You can have your resists tested by other players.

Disadvantage: You can have your resists tested by other players.

Doc Holliday
02-12-04, 16:47
Advantage: You can have your resists tested by other players.

Disadvantage: You can have your resists tested by other players.

good effort at humour but why do u need resists to be that good for fighting mobs????????

as for the comment by darkana. can u really pvp in nf with an le? i never had one in past about level 25 as i have always had friends to help me level who didnt have it in so i got rid of it. if u can have le clans imagine how pissed people would be when u see a bunch of <insert side>-city guys levelling in say crp and in charges <insertlamecavegankteam> who find they cant do shit cos of the les. lmao.

Cost of ammo in nc for cave gank team 2000nc

Cost of Gr'ing to crp for cave gank team 10000nc

Getting in cave to find a bunch of le's in there levelling happily. Priceless.

Carinth
02-12-04, 17:16
Much of the negativity to pvp comes from the fact that it's currently broken. The rampant ganking is because most players don't have access to fun constructive pvp, so they do whatever they can to get some small amount of enjoyment out of the game. If pvp wasn't so warped, most of the problems you listed would vanish. Clan's too aren't so negative as you put them, a small group of friends can make a clan to share storage space and give a common identity. You can totaly ignore op wars and still have a viable clan. And just as with pvp, there are lots of aspects of clan's that need to be addressed.

Lastly, a le ppu is a joke, seriously. It's hard enough to level up a ppu, restricting yourself to only be able to hunt with other le players is like shooting yourself in the foot. The only way it'd be possible is if you join the game with some friends and form a le team from the start, or if you get lucky and find a le team that you always stick with.

Freaky Fryd
02-12-04, 17:26
I haven't been in an OP war since NC1, and I don't miss it in the slightest.
Why don't I miss it?

1) No bullshit - people complaining about zergs/ninjahacks or all the trade spamming that ensues against you, whether you won or lost.

2) No spirit mod/ammo, means it comes back down to who has the most ppus to keep everyone alive the longest or the most apus to kill the other team the fastest.
Back in NC1, ppus weren't as much of an issue as there were now 2 character types that had a significant advantage in taking them down. Now you need enough APUs to outweigh the advantage their PPUs give them.

I have an LE'd guy for hunting and it's great...I go hunt without fear.
I rarely ever go mob hunting on my main guy, especially when it involves hacking (being helpless for 8-30 seconds)

As for PvP, I would miss my DOY runs...but I am capped...
I would probably leave an LE in until near-cap.

Darkana
02-12-04, 17:30
Lastly, a le ppu is a joke, seriously. It's hard enough to level up a ppu, restricting yourself to only be able to hunt with other le players is like shooting yourself in the foot. The only way it'd be possible is if you join the game with some friends and form a le team from the start, or if you get lucky and find a le team that you always stick with.

You can be a APU or APU based Hybrid and LoM later. Anyway, there are LE players of different levels around on Terra, you just have to chat them up. Infact there exists a number of LE PPUs who started playing this game in NC2 and have a pretty high level now. Kudos to them, I myself as a now fully capped LE PPU had it easier.

As a sidenote: XP doesn't make a difference between LE and non-LE.

Spoon
02-12-04, 17:48
Without an LE, you can hack and loot belts........

Cliffraiser
02-12-04, 18:26
You get to kill people. Its the only thing why most people still play this game really :rolleyes:

Carinth
02-12-04, 18:30
You can be a APU or APU based Hybrid and LoM later. Anyway, there are LE players of different levels around on Terra, you just have to chat them up. Infact there exists a number of LE PPUs who started playing this game in NC2 and have a pretty high level now. Kudos to them, I myself as a now fully capped LE PPU had it easier.

As a sidenote: XP doesn't make a difference between LE and non-LE.

XP for a ppu is dependant on finding a team and what classes/abilities the members of that team have. A LE ppu adds on the restriction that this team must also have their LE's in. Thus you have even less of a chance of gaining exp as a normal ppu.

Maybe the le community is larger then it used to be, but the non le community still outdoes it by far. If you want to gain exp efficiently you must be flexible enough to work with the largest selection of players.

As a ppu, my job is to help people, when I see someone with an LE in they become irrelevant to me. I can't help them at all. If *I* had an LE in I would be saying this when I see the majority of players. Now maybe you have found a working group of le players, but you're so limited you hafta consider why are you playing a mmorpg? I know nc's populations are pathetic already, you might aswell be playing some rpg in coop mode.

ArgieD
02-12-04, 18:33
I do have an advice for people who wonder if there are any advantages removing their LEs (Mind you it applies to >1 Slot Servers).

Keep your LEs on. If you get people asking you to join their clans because they trust you and they value you as a person in general, then just create a small character, remove the LE, and then join the clan.

You get both benefits of

-) having Ventillo / Teamspeak access to the clan no matter which character you use

-) having access to the clan appartment. Mule the items to your main runners' appartment entrances.

As simple as this really...

ArgieD
02-12-04, 18:33
I do have an advice for people who wonder if there are any advantages removing their LEs (Mind you it applies to >1 Slot Servers).

Keep your LEs on. If you get people asking you to join their clans because they trust you and they value you as a person in general, then just create a small character, remove the LE, and then join the clan.

You get both benefits of

-) having Ventillo / Teamspeak access to the clan no matter which character you use

-) having access to the clan appartment. Mule the items to your main runners' appartment entrances.

As simple as this really...

Jesterthegreat
02-12-04, 20:11
got one, bob did it for me :p so it IS possible

by good i mean like "Smurf 1" good (i forget if his monks Smurfis or Smurfen now)

i dont just mean playable :)

i could make a "playable" PvM hyb with no imps in... :p

(eXo) Opaleye
02-12-04, 20:34
Comes down to your own personality and style and or mood on the given night of play.

I personally have many chars of both non le and le type. I would suggest that le out chars are more fun in respect to access to all of the features of the game and ability to take part in events ect...

If you are having a night of "just getting away from the books" and want a relaxing getaway then take a le in char out for some exploration/ hunting or rare hunting and forget about watching behind you for the evening.

Both are fine and fun.

BradSTL
02-12-04, 23:28
If you aren't playing this game to PvP, there are a ton of other games that do PvM much better, with a much higher variety of mobs, loot, and intelligence.

Why even play this game if you're not gonna PvP 'till the sun goes down?
Like what?
Everquest, Asheron's Call, Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft? Airy-fairy generic D&D elf-and-dragon crap. Boring. I never fantasize about being a character in one of Gary Gygax's boring fantasies. I'm a science fiction fan, I want to roleplay science fiction.
Anarchy Online? You mean, before they turned into a fantasy game, ignoring the whole Shadowlands expansion pack, talking about Anarchy Online before they screwed up the story line beyond all repair? Even if I ignored that, there'd still be Funcom customer service. Reakktor frequently ignores us, but Funcom customer service is overtly and actively evil. I prefer King Long to King Stork, thank you.
EVE Online? You think the range of environments and mobs in this game is restrictive? Try EVE. You think this game has time sinks? Try spending 99% of your in-game time watching your starship slowly fly through the same empty starscapes for the rest of your gaming experience.
Star Wars: Galaxies? Dear God, where do I start. At first I wondered how in God's green Earth LucasArts managed to make the Star Wars Universe so boring -- and then I remembered Episode 1 and Episode 2. But you think this game is broken? Play SWG for a while. The game economy is completely fuxxored from out-of-control exploiting. Heck, policing one particularly tiresome exploit got to be so labor-intensive for the GMs that they gave up on it and declared it legal. (AFK scripted XP. My second least favorite exploit, right after rampant item duplicating -- which SWG also has.) Which leaves combat: and after all this time, out of their something like a dozen combat classes, there are maybe two that are actually playable.
City of Heroes? Barely tempting. But only barely. The superhero-to-normal person ratio is so out of whack that it almost feels like a parody to me. And besides, I got bored with superheroes over a decade ago.
If it wasn't for PvP, why did I come back to this game? For Reakktor's art department. The game world in this game tells stories. There are no immersive game environments as beautiful, rich, detailed, and full of little bits of internal history as this one. I tried to stay away, but I missed it too much. I have more fun just exploring this game than I had playing any of the others.

This environment and storyline is practically fine tuned for roleplaying ... but all 3/4 of the people want to do is run around playing Quake III. Y'all keep wishing for a single-character international/English server? I keep wishing for something we had for a couple of months in SWG before Sony yanked it away from us, a roleplaying server. It wouldn't even need strict enforcement, just expectations management, some kind of note on the server selection screen asking you to agree to speak in-character as much as possible when using any channel other than Direct, Help, or OOC.

Jesterthegreat
03-12-04, 03:34
Like what?
Everquest, Asheron's Call, Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft? Airy-fairy generic D&D elf-and-dragon crap. Boring. I never fantasize about being a character in one of Gary Gygax's boring fantasies. I'm a science fiction fan, I want to roleplay science fiction.
Anarchy Online? You mean, before they turned into a fantasy game, ignoring the whole Shadowlands expansion pack, talking about Anarchy Online before they screwed up the story line beyond all repair? Even if I ignored that, there'd still be Funcom customer service. Reakktor frequently ignores us, but Funcom customer service is overtly and actively evil. I prefer King Long to King Stork, thank you.
EVE Online? You think the range of environments and mobs in this game is restrictive? Try EVE. You think this game has time sinks? Try spending 99% of your in-game time watching your starship slowly fly through the same empty starscapes for the rest of your gaming experience.
Star Wars: Galaxies? Dear God, where do I start. At first I wondered how in God's green Earth LucasArts managed to make the Star Wars Universe so boring -- and then I remembered Episode 1 and Episode 2. But you think this game is broken? Play SWG for a while. The game economy is completely fuxxored from out-of-control exploiting. Heck, policing one particularly tiresome exploit got to be so labor-intensive for the GMs that they gave up on it and declared it legal. (AFK scripted XP. My second least favorite exploit, right after rampant item duplicating -- which SWG also has.) Which leaves combat: and after all this time, out of their something like a dozen combat classes, there are maybe two that are actually playable.
City of Heroes? Barely tempting. But only barely. The superhero-to-normal person ratio is so out of whack that it almost feels like a parody to me. And besides, I got bored with superheroes over a decade ago.
If it wasn't for PvP, why did I come back to this game? For Reakktor's art department. The game world in this game tells stories. There are no immersive game environments as beautiful, rich, detailed, and full of little bits of internal history as this one. I tried to stay away, but I missed it too much. I have more fun just exploring this game than I had playing any of the others.

This environment and storyline is practically fine tuned for roleplaying ... but all 3/4 of the people want to do is run around playing Quake III. Y'all keep wishing for a single-character international/English server? I keep wishing for something we had for a couple of months in SWG before Sony yanked it away from us, a roleplaying server. It wouldn't even need strict enforcement, just expectations management, some kind of note on the server selection screen asking you to agree to speak in-character as much as possible when using any channel other than Direct, Help, or OOC.

he said games... not MMORPG's.

why pay monthly to kill NPC's?

John.nl
03-12-04, 03:39
With LE in, you can defeat any mob in the game. I truly hope there is NO advantage for prying out the LE if you enjoy pvm.

Necessity to remove the LE to join a clan for p2p interaction? As already said, it's not a problem to form an LE team nowadays so you don't have to join a clan for a little p2p interaction.

Jesterthegreat
03-12-04, 03:45
With LE in, you can defeat any mob in the game. I truly hope there is NO advantage for prying out the LE if you enjoy pvm.

Necessity to remove the LE to join a clan for p2p interaction? As already said, it's not a problem to form an LE team nowadays so you don't have to join a clan for a little p2p interaction.

of course the things people have named here ae optional.

with buddy chat and voice chat cla's become unneeded for PvM purposes.

BradSTL
03-12-04, 04:02
why pay monthly to kill NPC's?
Company. Did I mention that I'm a roleplayer? For me team PvM is more fun than solo PvP, or even team PvP, any day.

Back when I was in a clan, we were lead (if that's the word) by Maximillian Twilight, one of the best PvPers I ever knew. However, since he was one of the best, there were an unending stream of people who couldn't beat him in a fair fight ... so they took it out on his clan-mates who were lower level and/or worse at PvP. Other than his generosity with equipment, that's my main memory of clan PvP in this game ... taking other people's beatings.

trigger hurt
03-12-04, 06:07
my tank is PPR Moveon herc marine, and my PE is PPR SA SF and targeting 3, if i lost any one of those my current setups would need serious work

and pretty much the only reason im still in thise game is the clans im in and the PvP

so yeah i see an advantage
What you are failing to realize is that

This is a PvP Setup. Being that he has an LE in, he does not need a PvP setup, thusly, he does not need a PPR or Moveon unless he's HC and needs the bonus of the moveon.

In other words, were your tank LE'd, there wouldnt be a point to having the PPR in your head cause the extra resists arent really helping all that much in terms of killing mobs.

Carinth
03-12-04, 18:14
Company. Did I mention that I'm a roleplayer? For me team PvM is more fun than solo PvP, or even team PvP, any day.

Back when I was in a clan, we were lead (if that's the word) by Maximillian Twilight, one of the best PvPers I ever knew. However, since he was one of the best, there were an unending stream of people who couldn't beat him in a fair fight ... so they took it out on his clan-mates who were lower level and/or worse at PvP. Other than his generosity with equipment, that's my main memory of clan PvP in this game ... taking other people's beatings.
Pimp suffered similar problems, with our lower level members taking the brunt of people's aggression. They couldn't kill our main members, so they take out the little guy while hes hunting. But there's no reason why you should be expected to just deal with that. Either you were being antisocial or your clan was being negligent. A good clan would have went off to teach the punk a lesson about attacking your clan. At the very least they'd be available to help patch you back up or someone would go hunting with you.

You just had a bad experience with clans : )

BradSTL
04-12-04, 00:36
Pimp suffered similar problems, with our lower level members taking the brunt of people's aggression. They couldn't kill our main members, so they take out the little guy while hes hunting. But there's no reason why you should be expected to just deal with that. Either you were being antisocial or your clan was being negligent. A good clan would have went off to teach the punk a lesson about attacking your clan. At the very least they'd be available to help patch you back up or someone would go hunting with you.

You just had a bad experience with clans : )
Crimson Tide was a small clan, only about 20 people. More often than not, when I was getting the crap kicked out of me because of Max's fast trigger or faster mouth, neither Max nor any of our other capped high-skill PvPers were online. When there was help available online, I got it ... but that was probably less than 20% of the time. That's why we were trying to merge with two other smaller clans at the time I left, because they were having the same problems. Hence my comment, earlier in this thread, about how if you're not in one of the two biggest clans on a server, you're everybody's bitch.

plague
04-12-04, 00:54
learn how to fight back?

giga191
05-12-04, 03:00
Like what?

The only motivation for hunting in that game is the gain the special abilities like fly. As soon as i got one i left

epij
05-12-04, 19:54
have you noticed this enormous LE population we got now ? (speaking of terra here)

this is why ppl are afraid to take it out, not because they are carebears, but its their only option. there are still too much bored & capped gankers around that turn their CS on low lvls and whipe the fun of newbies within seconds.

i know veteranism is something to be proud of, but i dont see much honorable vets these days with ganking newbies for bloodlust, which is only causing LE maniace and newbies to leave the game.
you might have overseen the fact that we all need newbies and newcomers to the playerbase and you scare them right away. friend of mine, which took me weeks to get him into this game left within the 10 day free trial time again saying "i havent seen a more childish playerbase in any other game than counter strike". :/

i started in retail nc1, and still i help out newbies at my best. i dont really understand the fun of absolutly "no challange" newb ganking. if some ppl would take their balls a bit more straight and would try to be at least a bit more fair, it would not result in LE overpopulation.

i see more and more murder and less and less pvp.

@KK : introduce a killlist for every player within playerinfo at citiycoms, and a killratio rank which is determined by the average of runner CR's the player has killed. this would filter out low lvl gankers from real pvpers really fast, which is neccessary tbh. make SL loss depended from CR lvl difference and LE overpupulation would have its end.

epij
06-12-04, 01:47
a picture tells more than thousand words i thought, so i took 2.
( both taken at MB bunker )

http://666kb.com/i/zyvtkp9b14hs.jpg

tells me everything, tbh.

Darkana
06-12-04, 12:00
You cannot really compare Mars and Terra. For one Mars is a 1 char server, so you either have to choose LE or non-LE, you cannot create a second, third or even fourth char to take the other route. Then Mars is VERY pro-city dominated, I mean there are like what? 3 DoY OPs on the whole map. Whereever you go, you will run into Pro-City runners.

The next thing is the asshats in the game. I've played a bit on Mars and I have seen tons of them around, so don't even start with "oh the Terra community is so bad" ...

In the end I can only say cause and effect. Will be interesting to see how the things evolve.

PS: LE PPU free for hire :angel:

Carinth
06-12-04, 16:27
Wow, I never woulda thought the LE's would strike back.. but I guess it makes sense. With pvp being so pointless, there's no reason not to stay LE'd. Maybe we'll soon end up with a generation of LE players, as the non LE's quit. Hahaha that would be funny to see. The majority of players in a game designed for pvp leaving their LE in. It'd make kk's life easier, they could focus on content : D