PDA

View Full Version : confused

pharabus
01-12-04, 23:54
so, just had 2 fights with a CM PPU who was PKing in plaza 1. Now I am a tank with a capped 3 slot CS and in the 1st fight i got at least 2 full clips off dead centre, in the second even more, also in the second he stood ressing his CA PKing partner whilst I and a droner using some kind of rocket drone ( i am not a droner so..) blasted him.

My point being at no point in all this did he take damage, none, his health bar stayed completely full. Now before anybody thinks I am shouting "cheat" all I want to know is, is this right, do PPUs get so much defense that if everything is running they can take bursts from a capped CS and a drone and just laugh it off? If they do, how do they ever get killed? coz I think I am missing something fundamental here.

[VP]Orion
02-12-04, 00:01
Yes, you are correct. When everything is running they can. How do you kill them? There is one characted thats devoted to killing ppus and thats the apu with its debuff spells. Droners have their antiheal mosquito too. There are several ways to take ppus down but it all depends on what kind of setup he has. But you hardly ever know that before you attack him. A single tank should more or less not be able to take a ppu down if its a good one. You could always try with a poison modded devourer. Or pound him with moonstriker. :)

If you used a poison modded devourer and the droner a raptor, my bet is that ppu would stop rezzing rather quickly. :)

Tostino
02-12-04, 00:03
Nib buffs/ heals is sadly the only thing you can do to kill him unless you have a apu and ppu with you :(
Edit: Oh and try the CM epic gatling cannon to stop a rez ;)

pharabus
02-12-04, 00:15
thanks for the honest answers, I actually have a poison mod devourer, dont use it much as I am a danger to everyone in a 10 foot radius with it :) may think about dragging it out from under the bed again.

SilKK
02-12-04, 00:18
cm gat dosnt even touch a good ppu.

its barely possible to kill a ppu unless your a apu if hes good

not including like mass gankage

hegemon
02-12-04, 00:22
I was thinking about this (while waiting for c2p to resolve their mess). Why not allow poison mods on some rifles? That way snipers could be devoted ppu killers and there could be some balance.

LiL T
02-12-04, 00:24
What you got to do is wait for the instant he rezzes his team mate then at that very second you nib heal his buddy. Then kill him again I killed some APU 6 times this way looked more like rezz killing to me :p

pharabus
02-12-04, 00:38
I have to admit, the most fun I have at Op wars is with my sniper waiting for a PPU to rez someone then "BANG" :)

giga191
02-12-04, 01:00
I was thinking about this (while waiting for c2p to resolve their mess). Why not allow poison mods on some rifles? That way snipers could be devoted ppu killers and there could be some balance.
but wouldn't they also be able to kill everyone else?

hegemon
02-12-04, 02:29
but wouldn't they also be able to kill everyone else?

Everyone else except spies has enough constitution to actually be able to specify a decent amount of poison resistance. And spies die constantly anyway.

Dribble Joy
02-12-04, 02:34
A lone apu will never kill a lone ppu, even with debuffs (assuming the ppu can actually ppu worth anything). They can out heal a HL with ease, outheal a CS without shields.
Only thing that is strong enough to give a ppu real worries is a raptor.
PPU self heal is one of the biggest problems in the game right now.

PS, who was the CM? I'm CM and they shouldn't be killing anyone in P1.

MkVenner
02-12-04, 02:42
CM have PPUs? since when :p

yeah this is what happened on saturn, since they got left out of alot of events and shit people got bored and started ganking, sames happening here

Tantta
02-12-04, 05:43
CM have PPUs? since when :p

yep, me ;)

wombat74
02-12-04, 05:45
yep, me ;)

So you were the PKer in P1 - shame on you, Than :P

Tantta
02-12-04, 05:55
hehe not me, i like to :lol: but trying to get some tangent symp so no pking for now ;)

tiikeri
02-12-04, 06:49
A lone apu will never kill a lone ppu, even with debuffs (assuming the ppu can actually ppu worth anything).

Last time - yesterday.
before that - 2 days ago.

It only requires lucky shots and fast antibuff.

sultana
02-12-04, 07:12
Then the ppu really isn't much of one, all you have to do as a lone ppu vs a lone apu is wait for your shields and heal to dissapear (after debuff) then reshield and heal, hell, even after the first antibuff you can then time your shielding so the apu doesn't even have time to get off one hl before you're fully buffed.

tiikeri
02-12-04, 07:36
Well yea, but what if you don't see the antibuff going? (i.e. running away from the apu)

I know it's really hard, but can be done. I've cursed a lot when ppu has escaped with only tinywiny health left, because i missed the last 1-2 shots.

sultana
02-12-04, 07:39
Most ppus should realise when they're shields are gone, at the very least that they're taking 90 odd damage per hl :rolleyes:

tiikeri
02-12-04, 07:50
Most ppus should realise when they're shields are gone, at the very least that they're taking 90 odd damage per hl :rolleyes:

indeed, should. but sometimes, that's not enough. good rolls on HL and many hits in a row. 105/min is quite fast :)

Nvidia
02-12-04, 08:04
You guys can say "Good PPUs don't die" all you want, but in the end, guess who's playing EVERY PPU?

OMG YEZ! It's a HUMAN PLAYING IT!

And you know what they say about humans?

"Everyone makes mistakes."

I've killed TONS of PPUs solo most would consider to have "god-mode" capabilities, but I don't give them shit and discredit their skill because they died to me once on my own. The fact is that EVERYONE DOES make mistakes, and anyone who is willing to discredit a good PPU because they died to one person is absolutely stupid.

Another thing you really need to consider is bugs. Bugs, bugs, bugs. How many times has lag/fucked quickcasting/fatals/synchs/low FPS killed your character?

In a perfect world, in a perfect game where it runs smooth on every computer, where no one fatals, maybe you could make an assumption that PPUs dying to one APU isn't very good. But until that day - until all those motherfucking bugs are fixed, I treat each PPU with the respect that they know what they're doing, and they just ran into a bug. I think this simply because I have a PPU. The ONLY time I die on him is when I get a stupid fucking bug. I swear I can't get through a full cast of buffs without one of them fucking up.

I hate PPUs with a passion, but it's wrong to label them 'shitty' because they died to one person, especially with all the bugs this game has.

Carinth
02-12-04, 18:05
*claps for Nvidia* Soooo True.

This is why I say that the ppu has the game stacked against him. Playing a succcessful ppu is like being able to navigate a hurricane. It's easy at first, but it rapidly gets really difficult. For the initial fight, anyone can play a ppu well. Then things start going wrong in a big cascade that will leave you staring at your corpse and cursing the game.. or at least angry that you died because of XXX.

When you fight someone as a combat character it's a test of skill, character setups aside. When you fight as a ppu it's a test of how long you can survive against everything that goes wrong. This is the number one reason why I began to dislike pvp in neocron. You can manage to recover from an inhuman amount of bs and still be taken down. *every* single time I die I know exactly where either the game fucked me or where I fucked up. It's almost never a matter of facing an opponent who was worthy/more skilled then me. It's either the game or me that kills me.

Seriously, as a ppu think about why you die each time. Sometimes you do face opponents who've mastered techniques for taking down a ppu. Sometimes you do face a mob of people you have no chance of getting away from. But most of the time it wasn't your enemy that killed you at all, it was you or the game! Did your shelter fail to recast? Did you take too long to notice your shelter was gone? Did you neglect your own buffs while focusing on the team? Did you try to shelter when you should have healed first? Did you try to pull off a rez without a fresh shelter on? Did you misjudge how long the rez would take and try to stay even though your shelter is down?
Did you ever get stuck synching into a zone and return to find your corpse? I could go on and on and on with ways a ppu can screw up.

Nomatter how good you are, you will screw up at some point. Even if you don't screw up, the game will make sure you die. The best ppu I've ever seen, Polarity, has had moments like this. He experimented with a low tra setup to improve his force resistance. Unfortuanetly for him, we attacked when his support buff wore off. A ppu that's rooted to the ground won't last long. It was incredible timing on our part, but that's the way the game works. I can't tell you how many times it's happened to me, the enemy decides to attack just as the team's shelters are going down.

poop
02-12-04, 18:13
*claps for Nvidia* Soooo True.

This is why I say that the ppu has the game stacked against him. Playing a succcessful ppu is like being able to navigate a hurricane. It's easy at first, but it rapidly gets really difficult. For the initial fight, anyone can play a ppu well. Then things start going wrong in a big cascade that will leave you staring at your corpse and cursing the game.. or at least angry that you died because of XXX.

When you fight someone as a combat character it's a test of skill, character setups aside. When you fight as a ppu it's a test of how long you can survive against everything that goes wrong. This is the number one reason why I began to dislike pvp in neocron. You can manage to recover from an inhuman amount of bs and still be taken down. *every* single time I die I know exactly where either the game fucked me or where I fucked up. It's almost never a matter of facing an opponent who was worthy/more skilled then me. It's either the game or me that kills me.

Seriously, as a ppu think about why you die each time. Sometimes you do face opponents who've mastered techniques for taking down a ppu. Sometimes you do face a mob of people you have no chance of getting away from. But most of the time it wasn't your enemy that killed you at all, it was you or the game! Did your shelter fail to recast? Did you take too long to notice your shelter was gone? Did you neglect your own buffs while focusing on the team? Did you try to shelter when you should have healed first? Did you try to pull off a rez without a fresh shelter on? Did you misjudge how long the rez would take and try to stay even though your shelter is down?
Did you ever get stuck synching into a zone and return to find your corpse? I could go on and on and on with ways a ppu can screw up.

Nomatter how good you are, you will screw up at some point. Even if you don't screw up, the game will make sure you die. The best ppu I've ever seen, Polarity, has had moments like this. He experimented with a low tra setup to improve his force resistance. Unfortuanetly for him, we attacked when his support buff wore off. A ppu that's rooted to the ground won't last long. It was incredible timing on our part, but that's the way the game works. I can't tell you how many times it's happened to me, the enemy decides to attack just as the team's shelters are going down.

i <3 carinth

garyu69
02-12-04, 18:16
I'd hate to have to play a PPU, too much pressure :(

My fave PPU has had bugs that got me killed :mad: Like the time he kept getting warped to another zone, it was just poop ;)

ArgieD
02-12-04, 18:20
Now before anybody thinks I am shouting "cheat" all I want to know is, is this right, do PPUs get so much defense that if everything is running they can take bursts from a capped CS and a drone and just laugh it off? If they do, how do they ever get killed? coz I think I am missing something fundamental here.

You know what? I just had a thought that sent shivers down my spine (not a DEX 3 one)

I have the feeling that Neocron was not actually created in a Studio, but in a Monastery by bored monks who had plenty of time to train in IT systems.

SilKK
02-12-04, 18:52
you dont need antibuff to kill a ppu if your apu on your own jus pison and hl and if you want fa