PDA

View Full Version : Time to set sail.

phunqe
01-12-04, 23:15
So this is it. Two and a half years have passed.
The road has been long and bumpy and some of us, it seems, managed not to fall off the truck.
Looking back, it's hard to tell that it's been so long since that Monday of the first beta 4 day.
I remember it like yesterday... The IRC channel on enterthegame was filled to the brim with enthusiastic people and all
were refreshing www.neocron.com like madmen, hoping to be the first to sign-up.
When the sign-up link finally appeared all hell broke loose. Some people were even too excited to fill out the form.
Some were screaming, some were crying :p

It's not without emotions that I leave. I find it particularly hard since I've come to love (for the most part :p) both the game and it's players.
The last couple of months however, the game hasn't been as rewarding for me as I had hoped. I will not rant, I will not curse.
I will just leave it to not meeting my expectations.

I would like to say thank you. Thank you to all the people that has made this game enjoyable. Thank you to all those who made me laugh,
who made the game exciting, who put up with all the good fights.
I wish you all the best.

Farewell to all of you here on the forum and all of you I've met in game. I won't list names, since I would probably forget half of you. You know who you are.
A special goodbye to my clan TGM, in which I've been for the greater part of my Neocron life. I was taken in when I was more or
less clanless and wandering about the plaza sectors wondering what to do. TGM was quite small at that time, only a handful of members,
but this didn't stop them from making me feel at home right away. Ever since the first day in TGM I've known or yearned no other home.
My characters will die at home. At home, of the best clan around.

Also, a wholehearted goodbye to the staff at Reakktor. You made it to the market with an unique concept, still unique today.
I know you've busted your behinds for this game. I hope someday CoDi will see a tree again :p ;)
Through dedication and persistence, you've shown that you don't need 50 developers and a budget like that of a small country to make it.
Albeit a smaller playerbase, I've yet to find a more devoted and close community as this one. Thank you for your efforts.

Well then... I suppose this is it...
Before I get all mushy and stuff (which I already am anyway), one last time... SEX

Goodbye Neocron.

Yours truly,
phunqe

(eXo) Opaleye
01-12-04, 23:27
Sex..

..bye

greendonkeyuk
01-12-04, 23:27
goodbye dude, and good luck in the next game. your stories will remain the stuff of legend.

G.0.D.
01-12-04, 23:30
:(

Hell-demon
01-12-04, 23:30
Bye phunqe you probably dont remember me but you were the priest at my first RP wedding :(

*Dazz*
01-12-04, 23:31
Cya man, I enjoyed alot of your posts :D

Smok3d
01-12-04, 23:31
dont know ya but bye :(

Praetorian
01-12-04, 23:32
Neocron is losing too many of the nice people... Just take Terra, which is really really messed up. I might even quit myself at this rate...

I still can't believe your leaving man... Just can't... =(

I hope you'll be back. If not... We always have the memories of great times...

Take care...

Tratos
01-12-04, 23:34
oh my god :(

for no knowing you, you are one of the people i like most on this forum, you will be missed from this community :( especialy for stories involving swans, coffee and door nobs...:(

Good luck with the future.

Good Bye

Tyr
01-12-04, 23:45
Leaving thread.

Closed.