PDA

View Full Version : Cool Names

Hell-demon
01-12-04, 20:58
Im thinking of starting a new char but Im having difficulty thinking of a name. Im going for a male private eye and want a good name.

I want the name to sound good when you say it like "Dominion" or something. Also the name needs to be one word, none of this "Paul Charlseburg" rp type names. Im really at a lost here folks any suggestions? :(

garyu69
01-12-04, 21:04
My most recent char is going to be a barter type person, and i wanted a good name, then i thought.... hmmmm Pirate names. Went to http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate/ filled in the form as i would want the char's personality and it came out with 'Dread Pirate Rackham'

So i removed the word pirate and then had a sexy new name, Dread Rackham :D :D

Hell-demon
01-12-04, 21:09
I got Sam Rackem O_o

Er any other suggestions?

Argent
01-12-04, 21:13
"Cocksücker"

Think it's pretty cool, don't you?

Hell-demon
01-12-04, 21:14
8| :eek: O_o

Better than some names Ive come up with :p

jini
01-12-04, 21:22
I got this:
Dirty Roger Rackham
Fun link btw ;)

(eXo) Opaleye
01-12-04, 21:28
Always try to put a bit of personality your going to play into that chars name.

Personality is fun to RP and names add alot to it.

Take your time and GL

Hell-demon
01-12-04, 21:42
Maybe i should just call my char Paul O_o my RL name perhaps???

zii
01-12-04, 21:57
my chars were called 01 and 02 on uranus afore the move to terra. Reason being that I was TG and the canyons kept getting raided so I thought that it would be quicker to type 02 into as your apartment password and zone to your app., instead of RumpleStiltskin when five people are HLing me into the ground.

Oh well, now I'm called Spineless Thug. ;)

Mr Kot
01-12-04, 22:08
Maybe i should just call my char Paul O_o my RL name perhaps???

Nothing wrong with that. I renamed my Mr Kot private eye to Dave when i moved to NC2. That's my RL name. It's quick and easy to type (appt password) and u will be more easily remembered and contactable by other people. It's also the only way u can have an appt password with less than 5 characters. Primary apartment is just your name.

Only trouble is, with such a short popular memorable name, it is likely to have gone by now. I had to grab the name "Dave" the very first day NC2 went online - well, i got a friend to grab it for me, as i was still downloading the client :p

greendonkeyuk
01-12-04, 22:18
4 of my 7 chars are all named the same (same person historically jus aliases) which i kind of like. No prizes for guessing who.... heh. The other 3 are named as sidekicks to my brothers chars. He and i play together 90% of the time and we got a reputation for being something of a double act in nc1. It jus seemed natural to continue that into nc2.

Hell-demon
01-12-04, 22:36
Well you guys seemed to be helping me alot :)

Guess you people know your cool :cool:

*removes lips from asses*

Spermy
01-12-04, 22:43
Im thinking of starting a new char but Im having difficulty thinking of a name. Im going for a male private eye and want a good name.

I want the name to sound good when you say it like "Dominion" or something. Also the name needs to be one word, none of this "Paul Charlseburg" rp type names. Im really at a lost here folks any suggestions? :(

Lesse - PE - Erm...

Lucas
Luca
Presence
Bassline
Livewire
Trigger
Tipper
Prodigy
Twizt
Twist
Skar
Scar
Fyre
Deepfire
Deepspace
Deepthroat ( ONOES MGS RIP!)
Snakeshit
Mav

etc

notneo
01-12-04, 22:56
bloody tom kid

Hell-demon
01-12-04, 23:24
Here are a few I thought of:

Writhe
Klayton
Calavera
Jex

Any good?

greendonkeyuk
01-12-04, 23:26
if you cant think of a name then just nick one from a good sci fi book. William gibsons books provide a tonne of inspiration.

Hell-demon
01-12-04, 23:29
I dont read sci-fi :rolleyes: It just i need a name that isnt l337 haxorish, stupid, overly aggressive and wierd. Its gotta roll off the tongue and sound good O_o

Tidus_Origin
02-12-04, 11:11
I just make up names, really - for example my new PE is called 'Khaeotic'. All I did for that was take the word 'chaotic' and altered the spelling a little. Kinda like a couple of Spermy's examples.

I like the sound of 'Writhe', btw :D

sanityislost
02-12-04, 11:20
hmmmmm names *thinks*

Kurt Miller
Jose Jones
Lambert

i suck at rp names lol which is why all my chars have weird nicks ^^

SiL ..:..

Polar
02-12-04, 11:23
bloody tom kid

samewith me... kinda suxx

Bugs Gunny
02-12-04, 11:42
I like funny names.

For instance my main tank is called "bugs gunny", my melee tank "roger whackit", and my cst char "missing pieces".
Hacker is called "missing data"

"Artifact 5 slot CS constucted by missing pieces" don't you just love it?

Spermy
02-12-04, 12:59
How about

Caballero? (Kab A Yero)

Think it's some kinda spanish word...

Bluergh.

Wakies = crap post from me.

ArgieD
02-12-04, 16:30
I was wondering if that classic, Ben Dover, is taken :)

Best name I have encountered so far in-game is:
Sir Crash-a-lot :lol:

Doc Holliday
02-12-04, 16:38
The other 3 are named as sidekicks to my brothers chars. He and i play together 90% of the time and we got a reputation for being something of a double act in nc1. It jus seemed natural to continue that into nc2.

RAWR!!! He finally admits it :)

@hd. dude think of a real good movie u watched with a char in it that suited the type of character you wanna play in nc and then use that name. that helps if all else fails. like for example the usual suspects. u got finster ( prolly not a good idea ;) ) mcmanus verbal etc. some good quality kick ass names. thats how i figure shit out.

Tidus_Origin
02-12-04, 17:46
I was wondering if that classic, Ben Dover, is taken

I think it is actually. I remember seeing someone with that name back in NC1..

ArgieD
02-12-04, 17:48
I think it is actually. I remember seeing someone with that name back in NC1..

Oh what a shame then.. :(

Frotto
02-12-04, 17:58
How about

Caballero? (Kab A Yero)

Think it's some kinda spanish word...

Bluergh.

Wakies = crap post from me.

Aye, I think its horse in spanish.

You could always be " Asno de Caballero" its almost zorro ish but it means horse's ass :)

Frotto
02-12-04, 18:00
I was wondering if that classic, Ben Dover, is taken :)

Best name I have encountered so far in-game is:
Sir Crash-a-lot :lol:

The best name i've heard of was a parody of crouching tiger hidden dragon, but they person had to change it because of a ban threat by the gms. For good reason it was quite antisemetic (sp)

Anyways, GL on the name thing.

Crest
02-12-04, 18:03
I was inspired by Star Trek, Voyager

I wanted to know the queen of Borg's name, but could not find that (I aint much of a trekkie), and I think 7 of 9 is hot, so I created my monk with drone imps and called herBorg Nine (Did I mention 7 of 9 is hot)

Cliffraiser
02-12-04, 18:32
buttehboy